how much practise???!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During the summer I usually play 9 holes a day each weekdays and then 18 on either saturday or sunday (taking the other day off), When it comes to range time I usually hit 40-50 balls as a warmup before my round and that's pretty much it. I usually spend an hour or a two chipping and putting on weekdays and then less than an hour on the whole weekend. During the winter I am just chipping and putting for an hour a cpl days a week until I get medically cleared to start hitting balls again.

Adam :)

I have golf Monday-Friday 2:30- 5:30. On tuesdays and Thrusday's i go on the course wiht my coach's. The other days are usually on the range, putting green, and chipping area. Tons of differnt drills that keep it fun every day. I love going to golf everyday and i am never doing the same thing every day either. I hit a good amount of balls everyday. Alot of video analysis and 3 coachs for all 5 days a week. I don't think it gets better than that...... Missing Link Golf Academy

I either play or hit balls every day in the summer. I do both if I can. At my home course I usually pick up as many range balls as I can walking down the 18th. Then I'll hit those and putt. At the range by my house I hit as much as I want for only $5, during the H.S. season it's free. I always have a club in my hand, putting in my basement or chipping in the yard. Unfourtunatly during the winter, believe it or not it snows in Minnesota, I can't play. There's a golf dome near me that I go which has a turf putting green. The green is awful all the holes slant towards the cup. You'll miss one by three inches and all of a sudden it just dives into the hole. But there are some flat putts though and it's good for speed control. I cannot wait for the spring though. Spring break is gonna be amazing, nine rounds in seven days.

• 3 weeks later...

Right Now Its Winter Over Here In Ireland So For Me Its

WINTER:

MONDAY: SCHOOL THEN AFTER SCHOOL I'LL SWING A WEIGHTED CLUB TO BUIL UP CLUB HEAD SPEED

TUESDAY:SCHOOL THEN AFTER I'LL CHECK MY SWING AND SWING THE WEIGHTED CLUB

WEDNESDAY:'' ''

THURSDAY:'' ''

FRIDAY:'' ''

SATURDAY: SOCCER MATCH USUALLY UNTIL ABOUT 2 SO I DONT HAVE MUCH TIME SO I DO THE SWING AND THE CLUB AGAIN!( IF I DON'T HAVE A MATCH I GET OUT 1-5 FOR PRACTICE) OH AND EVERY SECOND SATURDAY I HAVE A LESSON WITH A PRO FOR 1 HOUR AND I HIT BALLS FOR ANOTHHER HOUR.

SUNDAY:I DO ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF ON PUTTING, AN HOUR ON BUNKER SHOTS, HALF HOUR ON PITCHING AND 40 MINUTES AROUND THE GREENS. THEN I'LL HIT ABOUT 6O OR 80 BALLS IRONING OUT SOME IRONS. I DONT LIKE TO GET THE BIG DOG OUT ON MY DRIVING RANGE BECAUSE ITS ONLY 170 YARDS LONG SO THE LONGEST CLUB I TAKE OUT IS A 4 IRON!

SUMMER: I HAVE A BUDDY AND ME AND HIM COME OUT AT LEAST 6 DAYS A WEEK!

MONDAY: I'M OUT AT 9 IN THE MORNING AND I PUTT FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF THEN I HIT 60 BALLS OR SO TRYING TO PITCH THEM INTO AN UMBRELLA. THEN I HIT ABOUT 40 BALLS OUT OF THE ROUGH TRYING TO GAIN DISTANCE OR WORK ON TECHNIQUE. THEN ITS A 40 MINUTE SESSION OUT OF BUNKERS. THEN AN HOUR OR SO HITTING SHOTS ANYWHERE AROUND THE PITCHING GREEN. THEN WE EITHER GO OUT TO PLAY AND GET LUNCH LATER OR IF WE'RE NOT PLAYING WE GET LUNCH AND RELAX FOR MAYBE 40 MINUTES. THEN WE MIGHT PLAY 6 HOLES AND THEN GO TO THE 300 YARD RANGE BESIDE IT. THEN WE DO THINGS LIKE SHAPING SHOTS WITH FAIRWAY WOODS AND DRIVER AND LONG DRIVE COMPETITIONS.

TUESDAY THERES A COMPETITON SO AFTER IM TIRED AND I ONLY WORK ON PUTTING OR PITCHING ETC.

AND BASICALLY WE PLAY AS OFTEN AS WE CAN WITHOUT NEGLECTING OUR RANGE TIME.

IF I DO THIS I'M BOUND TO DROP TEN SHOTS BY THE END OF THE YEAR EVEN IF I CAN ALLREADY PLAY TO 15 SHOTS UNDER MY HANDICAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH THATS RIGHT CUT ME!!!!!!! :cheesy:

I try to get out everyday, unless there is something school related like a big test, but im basically out everyday. I normally will hit a bucket of balls as a warm up and then go play with some friends, only 6 or 9 depends on the daylight. I have started working on my putting a lot more because that is where you win tournaments, so you have to do it. Weekends i basically try to get 18 in on both days. An Average week would consist of 6 days of playing, my coach does not work mondays so sometimes i wont come out.

Currently I am hitting about 150 balls three times a week. In the summer holidays I will hit about 150-200 balls everyday but unfortunately I don't have the luxury of that just now.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

In the summer I'm hitting balls everyday for at least 2 hours a day. I putt for another half hour, and work on my short game for an hour. All in my yard.

Winter I'll putt for an hour a night. Every other day I do 10 reps of 15 pushups (hard, not slow) and 3 reps of 50 situps. After I'm done doing the reps I max out in each. And then I carry around a squishy ball to squeeze and get my forearms jacked.

Wake up at 6 am.

6-8 running, workout.

8-9 break and breakfast

9-11 putting

11-12 chipping

12:15-1 hitting balls

1-1:30 lunch

1:30-3 hitting balls

3-10 Playing golf usually 36-54 holes a day.

I hope to move to the states in the next couple of years, and practice for scholarship opportunites, as well as sponsorships.

WITB:
Titleist TSi3 9* - Tensei RAW AV White Proto 2.0 65TX
Titleist TSi3 14.25* - Tensei RAW AV White Proto 2.0 75TX
Hybrid TBD
Mizuno HMB 4&5i 1* weak - Nippon Modus 125X
Mizuno MB 6-PW - Nippon Modus 125X
Mizuno 50/07 T20 Raw - Nippon Modus 125X

Mizuno 54/12 & 58/08 - DG S400 Tour Issue

Bettinardi Tour Mallet

In the summer I wake up, work on short irons and short game in my yard all day, unless I go play a round. In Alaska in the summer it is light all night so somedays I wake up at say 10 AM and Ill hit balls in my field until 2 AM, of course with some breaks in between. Some days Ill hit up to 2000-2250 balls.

That is really cool. I have a friend tha use to live up there, and he said it was great, except for the winter months.

School ends around 3:20 and I get to the range at around 3:50 depending on little bro's schedule ( I drive him around). So typically I chip for an hour, put for 45 min to an hour, and hit balls any time in between. Typically stay from 7:00 to 7:30. 9 Hole practice rounds happen occassionally. Lessons are twice in the weekdays. I'm burnt practicing and then I gotta do HOMEWORK OMG!!! jk.... but seriously, i gotta do it.... golf and college.....omg.....sorry for rant (at least its kinda funny)... :drinks:

Well living up in the north it's kind of hard to do any practice during the winter besides strength training and putting. During the summer every day is spend at the golf course - pretty much all day long. I work at the course during the summer so typically I will work the morning shift that is from 6AM until 12:30 or 1. I get a few breaks where I can go hit balls and what not, but most of my practice is done in the afternoon. When the days are long, I might be out there until 8-8:30 hitting golf balls until the sun goes over the horizon. I will typically after my shift, grab a quick bite to eat, hit the range, and just get lose, hitting some knockdown PW's and then some Drivers, and i'm ready to go for a quick 18. When I come in, I'll cool down for a bit, then go out to the range and work on whatever may have caused me trouble that tday, I would be on the putting green if I putted bad, and I would be hitting controlled knockdown shots if those 100-120 yard shots were giving me trouble.

- Bryan

• 3 weeks later...

Do you guys ever get worried that you will wear yourself out hitting hundreds and hundreds of balls a day and playing 36+ holes? I will go to the range if I need to work on something, but that isn't pounding balls like vijay all day long, I guess I find that injury happens when your body is the most worn down.

;)

I was given this schedule a few years back and it is based on the number of shots and type of shots you hit in a round of golf.

Total Practice time: 3 hr and 30 minutes

Putting: 1 hour

Driver / wedge 1 hour (Hit 5 drivers and then 5 wedges)

3w - 4 iron: 15 minutes

5 iron - 9 iron: 15 minutes

Chip and Pitch: 45 minutes

Sand: 15 minutes

Now you use these numbers as a base line and then look at your stats (GIR etc) and modifiy it. For me this works pretty well, however I double the time twice a week to 7 hours. Do that in 2 sessions 3:30 in the morning, go home for lunch and then 3:30 in the afternoon.

For the half day session I will play 9 holes with 2 balls and play the worst ball, hitting 2 shots from the that position. Once a week I will also play stroke play against myself with 2 balls. I have 2 jars at home and I have my wifes name on one and mine on the other. When I play play stroke play against myself there is a small purse of $10 bucks, I put my name on one ball and my wifes name on the other, The $10 purse goes into the winning jar (no money comes out) and at the end of the year we use that money for dinner or if I whoop up on the wife all year then I have enough money for a nice gift. The side benefit is that you get to hit a ball with your wifes name on it, and their is some satisfaction in that. ;)