Masters' Souvenir Question

A friend of mine asked if I knew if it was possible to buy Masters' souvenirs at the tournament without a ticket. My recollection from the couple of times I have been is that there is a merchandise area that is before you go through security and actually get on the grounds, but I could not recall if I had to show my ticket to someone before I got that far. My guess is that I did, but I just cannot recall.

Does anyone here know? The merchandise building I am thinking of is circled in the (admittedly not very good image below). The security checkpoint/main gate is the big building right below the circled building.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you do have to have a ticket and get by security to get to the fan shop.

Titleist TSi3 9* Ventus Black 6X
PXG 3w 0311XF 14* Tensei Pro Blue CK 70TX

Callaway Apex UW 20* Ventus Red 8X

Titleist T100 2021 4-PW DG Tour Issue X100
Titleist SM9 50,55,60 DG Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Merion Linksmater Bag - Pro V1x Left Dash 

Golf Pride BTC Cord Grips on em' all

Unless it changed from 2013 then yes you can! Its more of a souvenir stand and not a shop like the big one inside the gates at that entrance or the main one by the clubhouse but they have the standard items at that one.

From what i recalled no one checked badges at the gate only at security meaning you could go up to the merch tent outside, that said im sure people are watching at the gates so make it look like you are attending the event. But on the saturday and sunday that i went i was lining up at the gate at 5am and they make people wait and eventually you are allowed to lineup in the security line before being let onto the course. Not sure though if they check badges at the gate before you go through security and get your badge scanned. But im sure you can go to the outside merch tent if you look like youre going to the tournament.

Yes of course there are stands outside the gates but not nearly the same. In order to get to the main souvenir shop you have to enter. I went last year and can easily say the items are not comparable.

Titleist TSi3 9* Ventus Black 6X
PXG 3w 0311XF 14* Tensei Pro Blue CK 70TX

Callaway Apex UW 20* Ventus Red 8X

Titleist T100 2021 4-PW DG Tour Issue X100
Titleist SM9 50,55,60 DG Tour Issue S400
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Merion Linksmater Bag - Pro V1x Left Dash 

Golf Pride BTC Cord Grips on em' all

Yes of course there are stands outside the gates but not nearly the same. In order to get to the main souvenir shop you have to enter. I went last year and can easily say the items are not comparable.

What day did you go? I went saturday/sunday so even in the big shops a lot of items already sold out but i didnt have trouble getting some of the more regular basic items. I gotta assume these stands will have a lot to choose from during the practice rounds (albeit not as much as the main inside shops) but then again most people who buy merch are the dealers and first time visitors who usually only go practice rounds so im sure thats why everything gets bought up early in the week.

If anyone doesn't have on-site access to Masters gear, this is a site that a bunch of us have used and it's official Masters Gear, obviously with Augusta's approval~

http://www.mmogolf.com/

I've gotten a few wind shirts/sweaters and shirts(Bobby Jones) for gifts and it's sweet-

Top shelf~

Great guys too if ya call down-

Have a nice evening/day Brodinis :)

Golfingly Yours,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

yeah thats a great site and have bought a few things from them over the years, never understood why or how they dont have a competitor they seem to charge such a large upcharge on standard items that i have wondered why someone else hasnt made their own masters merch shop and chosen to make $10 on a hat instead of $20, im assuming mmogolf has some sort of deal/connection with ANGC.

yeah thats a great site and have bought a few things from them over the years, never understood why or how they dont have a competitor they seem to charge such a large upcharge on standard items that i have wondered why someone else hasnt made their own masters merch shop and chosen to make $10 on a hat instead of $20, im assuming mmogolf has some sort of deal/connection with ANGC.

Someone involved has gotten permission/agreement with Augusta as that is all Official Masters Gear-

I've gotta believe that Augusta is gettin a piece though that is just a guess because as I said, I've never spoken to either member about it, because of the "upcharge" that you speak of along with, well, it's friggin ANGC, lol. If you take a leak and it's got "Augusta Green" in it and you publicize it as "Official Masters urine," you're gettin a letter.

I was always goin to ask the member(actually two) at our club but never remembered to, lol

Stay Well My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Someone involved has gotten permission/agreement with Augusta as that is all Official Masters Gear-

I've gotta believe that Augusta is gettin a piece though that is just a guess because as I said, I've never spoken to either member about it, because of the "upcharge" that you speak of along with, well, it's friggin ANGC, lol. If you take a leak and it's got "Augusta Green" in it and you publicize it as "Official Masters urine," you're gettin a letter.

I was always goin to ask the member(actually two) at our club but never remembered to, lol

Stay Well My Friend,

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard, that all makes sense and is what i assumed what was going on. I always browsed their site/auctions and when i finally got to go to the Masters a couple of years ago i was expecting prices similar to MMOgolf and was kind of shocked that inside the gates the prices were much lower, of course i know they charge and upcharge but makes sense they can charge more since they have a connection with the club. I kind of like that because it adds even more to the experience of being there since you can buy a lot merchandise for about half what it goes for online.

If you could only get one souvenir, what would it be?

By price range

$.00-25

$26-50

$50-75

$75-100

$100 +

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Stay Well My Friend,

Richard

Thanks for the reply Richard, that all makes sense and is what i assumed what was going on. I always browsed their site/auctions and when i finally got to go to the Masters a couple of years ago i was expecting prices similar to MMOgolf and was kind of shocked that inside the gates the prices were much lower, of course i know they charge and upcharge but makes sense they can charge more since they have a connection with the club. I kind of like that because it adds even more to the experience of being there since you can buy a lot merchandise for about half what it goes for online.

Damn, I bought a Navy Peter Milar wind vest and it was like $120-125-

Do you remember what it was down there?

I think it's like $130-140 now on the site. I was on at Christmas-

Thanks much,

RP

If you could only get one souvenir, what would it be?

By price range

$.00-25

$26-50

$50-75

$75-100

$100 +

Ah Bro, you gotta go to this sight and check out the wind/rain shirts and vest-

They are saweeeet!!!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,

RP

I didn't know where to post this so I hope that ya don't mind....

If ya do, please talk to my Heavy, KYMS :)

Anyhoo, phenomenal app and coverage-

I like it over the Official IBM/Augusta app cuz of all of the great history and stories plus great tourney coverage.

http://www.augusta.com/

Enjoy :)

My Best,

Richard

I like it over the Official IBM/Augusta app cuz of all of the great history and stories-

My Best,

Richard

Thank you for the link!!!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I like it over the Official IBM/Augusta app cuz of all of the great history and stories-

My Best,

Richard

Thank you for the link!!!

My Pleasure!!

Enjoy the Tourney :)

Golfingly Yours,

RP

Richard is right - Augusta Chronicle app is great. Tons of stuff and great photos throughout the tourney.

Got a really cool black pullover from MMO on sale last year - if it's not too hot, hope to wear it next Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday!!!!!!!!

Already fretting over merchandise and the need for restraint, especially since I will likely end up funding my daughter's purchases as well - thank goodness the food will be cheap. Need to pick up extra memory card tomorrow, just in case. Plan on getting front row video of Jack at the Par 3.

My gawd....are the prices on the ground close to that site? That is highway robbery.

2 questions - I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

1. Will the masters caddy slouch hats sell out by Saturday morning?

2. How much do they cost? That site says $50-60.

Everything on that MMO site is double or more the cost of what it actually is inside the gates of Augusta National. Someone is making a huge profit...

G430 Max 10K

G430 LST 3 wood

G425 7 wood

Blueprint S 4-W

S159 50, 54, 60

PLD Anser

Chrome Tour X

I've never been but I will buy a small container of pimento cheese and eat a sandwich each day of the Masters.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

If anyone doesn't have on-site access to Masters gear, this is a site that a bunch of us have used and it's official Masters Gear, obviously with Augusta's approval~

http://www.mmogolf.com/

I've gotten a few wind shirts/sweaters and shirts(Bobby Jones) for gifts and it's sweet-

Top shelf~

Great guys too if ya call down-

Have a nice evening/day Brodinis :)

Golfingly Yours,

RP

And 2-3 times the price of on the grounds

IIRC hats are $24...

I always thought mmo just bought and resold stuff, and had nothing to do w ANGC

http://www.mmogolf.com/info.html

They don't have anything to do with AGNC. They have tickets to Berkman's and run back and forth picking up items as orders come in. That's why their site says"if the item is in stock" we ship it. They don't buy anything until you pay for it so hope AGNC has it. They even flip the Cameron items if they can get them

I doubt it.... at least for common items that they sell every year (not high end shirts and such). they have so much stock it's unreal. in case they do sell out you can always find one at mmo, ebay, or here. and the slouch caddy hats are $20 (or were in 2012)

Even better! Thanks for all the info. I can't wait to go!