2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Anyone buying the Arccos Golf Tracking System

I've used the Arrcos for a couple of rounds now and really enjoy it and the info that it is providing. I am curious, I can't seem to figure out how to tell it to not include a shot in the statistics. I figured out how to do it for a whole round, but not specific shots. Does anyone know how to to this? Can you do it after the round is over?

https://support.arcc...to-be-recorded-

Thanks, not quite what I was looking for. If you do this you lose the stroke for your total score. I did get an answer from Arccos on it, for anyone that is curious:

"In our new 1.4 update we implemented Arccos Smart Distance which takes the 70th percentile of all of your shots with a specific club. This helps to exclude punch shots, bad shots and even those abnormally long drives. However, you can turn off smart distance directly in the app and curate your shots yourself. If you prefer the old method, please go to ‘Player’ on the bottom toolbar, select ‘Settings’ in the upper right hand corner and then turn off ‘Show Smart Distance.’

You can then go to your clubs section, select a club and then swipe to the left to reveal all of your shots with this club to include a shot tap on it and it will turn green to exclude a shot tap it and it will turn grey."

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used the Arrcos for a couple of rounds now and really enjoy it and the info that it is providing. I am curious, I can't seem to figure out how to tell it to not include a shot in the statistics. I figured out how to do it for a whole round, but not specific shots. Does anyone know how to to this? Can you do it after the round is over?

Thanks, not quite what I was looking for. If you do this you lose the stroke for your total score. I did get an answer from Arccos on it, for anyone that is curious:

"In our new 1.4 update we implemented Arccos Smart Distance which takes the 70th percentile of all of your shots with a specific club. This helps to exclude punch shots, bad shots and even those abnormally long drives. However, you can turn off smart distance directly in the app and curate your shots yourself. If you prefer the old method, please go to ‘Player’ on the bottom toolbar, select ‘Settings’ in the upper right hand corner and then turn off ‘Show Smart Distance.’

You can then go to your clubs section, select a club and then swipe to the left to reveal all of your shots with this club to include a shot tap on it and it will turn green to exclude a shot tap it and it will turn grey."

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info!

Yea, I think that the "Arccos Smart Distance" will be awesome, but I need to get more than two rounds in with it so it has a greater shot selection to apply the 70th percentile rule.

I played my first round with the Arrcos I bought myself for Christmas. Playing a round in Milwaukee in March is a rare feat, and I screwed up by hitting a couple practice putts on the edge of the green while partners finished out. Easy enough to edit. The stats are interesting and I look forward to getting enough data accumulated to have it mean something more. What I find I really like post round is seeing the summary of "greens missed right/left/long/short." I also like the fact that once I had started the round it simply stayed in my pocket unless I wanted yardage to front, middle or back of a green. And that was a glance and go operation. I think this will prove to be much more than a toy and a yardage meter.

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mainly use Arccos for? GPS? Distances you hit clubs? Where's the main value to you, the stat or functionality you actually use the most or find the most benefit from?

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I think it's helpful for both GPS and club distance. My Apple watch also is able to display front/back/center to greens. Also use it to check strokes gained/lost, club usage, etc.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

What do you mainly use Arccos for? GPS? Distances you hit clubs? Where's the main value to you, the stat or functionality you actually use the most or find the most benefit from?

I don't use it for GPS. I use it for everything else. With just four rounds of use I've identified where I tend to miss my tee shots and approach shots. I never really saw those misses like that. There it was, all laid out with stats.

I don't use it for GPS. I use it for everything else. With just four rounds of use I've identified where I tend to miss my tee shots and approach shots. I never really saw those misses like that. There it was, all laid out with stats.

I use Arccos as a GPS in addition to the other features. I just have a couple of rounds in, but to me the text I've highlighted is one of the most interesting features. After a couple of rounds I can see that I primarily miss my tee shots left and my irons right. As I get more and more rounds under my belt I'm looking forward to seeing if these trends hold, which should provide some very good information for me to move around the course a bit smarter. I guess I know my tendencies, but seeing them laid out starkly should help me make some choices to stay away from the bigger numbers that are my downfall. I'm also really interested in tracking my component handicaps as well, to see if the practice I put in helps me show improvement.

Another issue I have is that I just really don't get to play as much golf as I'd like, this software lets me think about my game in ways that appeal to my nature. If I was a bit less analytical, or played more I could probably take it or leave it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just updated the firmware on my sensors this weekend. I was looking for some information on what issues the updates are resolving other than "battery-life" issues. Anyone have any insight? Took 15-20 minutes, tried it right before my tee time when I saw the update, which was a mistake because I was a little to pressed for time. I checked facebook, twitter and the web page and didn't see anything. For long(er)-time users- is this a common occurrence?

I just updated the firmware on my sensors this weekend. I was looking for some information on what issues the updates are resolving other than "battery-life" issues. Anyone have any insight? Took 15-20 minutes, tried it right before my tee time when I saw the update, which was a mistake because I was a little to pressed for time. I checked facebook, twitter and the web page and didn't see anything. For long(er)-time users- is this a common occurrence?

I have the Arccos system for about a year, and this is the first time I have seen a firmware update.

I also did the update at the weekend and unfortunately my first round after that was completely lost. I made no changes to my normal routine but stupidly did not check during the round that it was recording strokes correctly.

I have written to support to get more information about the update and will post any reply I get.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

• 2 weeks later...

Im back to using them again, you might have seen my post in ~Jan about the sensors falling off my PURE grips. Part of the problem is the tape-less install of PURE grips, the sensors dont have tape to snag on when installed (according to Arccos support) so I just used a thin piece of electrical tape and secured them. Im most likely switching grips next club build, so this should be a temporary solution.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

How do you actually update the firmware?

Turn your Bluetooth on and launch the app on your phone. The app will notify you that there is a firmware update. From there you follow the directions on screen and step through the clubs activating them one by one using the button on the club sensor. The app will update about 3-4 at a time and once they begin to finish will instruct you to start the next club. I had to replace a couple of batteries on clubs because they were either dead or I assume too weak to complete the connection. The nice thing is that you can stop and come back to them. I updated about half of the club the first time through. I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me- this was from memory from updating a couple of weeks ago.

I noticed it was much better capturing clubs my last round. This could have been because of the update or because I walked instead of riding in a cart. I find that when I take 3-4 clubs from the cart to my ball I tend to get incorrect readings because I've carried them incorrectly, or took a few swings and then changed my mind on the shot I want to hit.

Turn your Bluetooth on and launch the app on your phone. The app will notify you that there is a firmware update. From there you follow the directions on screen and step through the clubs activating them one by one using the button on the club sensor. The app will update about 3-4 at a time and once they begin to finish will instruct you to start the next club. I had to replace a couple of batteries on clubs because they were either dead or I assume too weak to complete the connection. The nice thing is that you can stop and come back to them. I updated about half of the club the first time through. I'm sure someone will chime in and correct me- this was from memory from updating a couple of weeks ago.

I noticed it was much better capturing clubs my last round. This could have been because of the update or because I walked instead of riding in a cart. I find that when I take 3-4 clubs from the cart to my ball I tend to get incorrect readings because I've carried them incorrectly, or took a few swings and then changed my mind on the shot I want to hit.

My app was updated to newest one but I was never prompted to update the clubs. The batter life is atrocious for me right now. Seven rounds and already have batteries die on me.

My app was updated to newest one but I was never prompted to update the clubs. The batter life is atrocious for me right now. Seven rounds and already have batteries die on me.

You could definitely reach out to them and see if there is a way to determine whether your firmware is already the latest version, sorry I don't have more info for you. I have been disappointed with the batter life as well...I have used mine less than you and replaced the majority of batteries in my clubs.

Looks like it finally supports Android now. Which is good considering someone stole the iphone I was using for it...

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

I'm surprised that you might have picked up swings without hitting a ball. I've played 17 rounds with them now and never had this happen. I have captured strokes by banging the head into the ground (when the sensor is activated) or another object (club, cart, etc.) but they're not supposed to pick up practice strokes that don't strike anything. That would drive me crazy having to go back and edit for practice swings. My sensors are pretty much spot on for each round normally just editing for penalty strokes and tap-ins that I don't strike.

Did have some problems with battery life originally but not sure if it was the sensors or a couple of bad batteries. Seems to be better now. I try to check them every round before heading out just to be sure and keep spares in the bag.

GBB Epic 9.0*
Srixon 17*
Taylormade M1 19*
Srixon U65 20*, 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 50*, 54*
Taylormade Tour Spider

• 2 weeks later...

Im back to using them again, you might have seen my post in ~Jan about the sensors falling off my PURE grips. Part of the problem is the tape-less install of PURE grips, the sensors dont have tape to snag on when installed (according to Arccos support) so I just used a thin piece of electrical tape and secured them. Im most likely switching grips next club build, so this should be a temporary solution.

What grips do you plan to use?

What do you guys use to help keep the tags from falling out of your grips? It seems one every couple weeks falls out of my grips. Either I need to try a different grip or use some sort of residue to keep them attached

I've heard arccos is a little bit of a pain when using it live. Anybody else hear of that?

Arccos doesn't have a "Live" version. You are probably thinking of game golf.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

Used for first time this weekend. Have to check putts at end of every hole to make sure its correct. Also, after the round, you may have to adust a few for pin locations, but other than that, its very easy to use.

Also gives great info.

For example, my first round I hit 75% of fairways. I missed rights 25% and never missed left.

Second round I hit 78% of fairways and missed right on 22%.

I never looked at it that way, but I rarely miss left.

Also, that vast majority of my greens missed were missed long.

What grips do you plan to use?

What do you guys use to help keep the tags from falling out of your grips? It seems one every couple weeks falls out of my grips. Either I need to try a different grip or use some sort of residue to keep them attached

I've lost a couple of sensors due to not staying secure into the grips, now I use a wrap of black electrical tape around the bottom of sensor and the grip. Works like a champ.

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered a set which will hopefully ship to UK before I play next week. Do they come with those little plastic pull tags that stop batteries draining whilst sitting in the shop? Presumably otherwise if the box is stored the "wrong" way up that could happen and is why some have had battery issues from the off. I may just order a full set of batteries and switch them all before installing on clubs just in case.

Very excited to use it. I've looked a lot at all the systems, both launched and yet to come. Shotscope looked interesting but I hate the idea of wearing a watch that doesn't tell you the distances. The sky caddie linx GT looks good but I would no doubt forget to tag and sky caddie service isn't the best. I also looked at game golf but again the tagging issue would exist and I can't get past wearing a bright red box on my belt and having red discs on my clubs.

Hoping that Arccos is as good as it appears. Already had my first interaction with their customer service team who added a course local to me within an hour of me emailing them. Pretty amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have to have security features on my phone like a lock screen. But it's usually ok with Arccos as I just put the phone in my back pocket.

But this weekend I realized that I managed to try to unlock the phone 10 times in my pocket and it completely wiped the phone clean. That's kind of a bad thing. The restore of my backup failed so I lost about 3 months worth of stuff as it had to revert to an older backup.

I won't be using my android phone for it anymore. That kind of hurts...

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X