Golf Pants

I have the Under Armour Matchplay pants, and was looking into getting a pair of the Nike modern fit pants. How do the waists of these pants compare to each other. Are the Nike pants a bigger or smaller fit?

Comments

• JJCOOP7JJCOOP7 Members Posts: 1,992 ✭✭
    Under armor runs smaller or tighter compared to other companies
    Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
    Diablo Tr Edge 13
    909H 15
    AP2 PX 6.0
    Odyssey Metal-X #2
    SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60
  • thejuicethejuice AtlantaMembers Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    JJCOOP7 wrote:

^^^This!^^^
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • DickaDicka Members Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    Do people buy specific golf pants? Must admit, I've only ever purchased chino type pants that I wear to golf.
  • thejuicethejuice AtlantaMembers Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to sound like a d*ck, but there is apparently a market for golf pants because they sell very well. Nothing wrong with wearing chinos (I'm very much in support for people wearing what they want to be comfortable). Depending on where you live, chinos might be hot in the summer and don't dry well due to a lack of breathability. Hope this makes sense.
    TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
    TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
    TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
    Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
    Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
    TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour
  • fjkfjk Putt Putt Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my Nike pants a lot. Modern fit are slim and stretch a decent amount.

Way more breathable and lighter/more mobile than typical cotton chinos would be.
  • DickaDicka Members Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    thejuice wrote:

Not to sound like a d*ck, but there is apparently a market for golf pants because they sell very well. Nothing wrong with wearing chinos (I'm very much in support for people wearing what they want to be comfortable). Depending on where you live, chinos might be hot in the summer and don't dry well due to a lack of breathability. Hope this makes sense.

Not sounding like a d*ck at all! Just interested in what most people wear these days.

Might be time for me to update my wardrobe!
  • jeffsbarnesjeffsbarnes Frederick, MDMembers, ClubWRX Posts: 982 ClubWRX
    thejuice wrote:

JJCOOP7 wrote:

^^^This!^^^
    +1
    TM M5 10.5 w/Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 Stiff 
    TM M6 3w w/ HC HZRDUS Yellow
    TM M6 5w w/ HC HSRDUS Yellow
    TM GAPR Hybrid 4 (22) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    TM p790 Black 5-9 SmacWrap Recoil Prototype
    TM Milled Grind 46 
    TM HiToe 58-54-50 / Recoil Wedge Prototypes
    EVNROLL ER5 Hatchback Black
    TM TP5x
  • jeffsbarnesjeffsbarnes Frederick, MDMembers, ClubWRX Posts: 982 ClubWRX
    Dicka wrote:

thejuice wrote:

Not sounding like a d*ck at all! Just interested in what most people wear these days.

Might be time for me to update my wardrobe!

I think you'll find the modern pants much more comfy in both warm and cooler temps... All brands have some nice options... Though I'm partial to NikeGolf gear
    TM M5 10.5 w/Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 Stiff 
    TM M6 3w w/ HC HZRDUS Yellow
    TM M6 5w w/ HC HSRDUS Yellow
    TM GAPR Hybrid 4 (22) w/PX Graphite 5.5
    TM p790 Black 5-9 SmacWrap Recoil Prototype
    TM Milled Grind 46 
    TM HiToe 58-54-50 / Recoil Wedge Prototypes
    EVNROLL ER5 Hatchback Black
    TM TP5x
  • Nick081974Nick081974 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second the comment on Under Armour running tight
    - Taylormade M2 9.5
    - Taylormade M2 3W
    - Taylormade M2 3h
    - Taylormade M4 4-PW
    - Vokey SM6 50* & 60*
    - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    - TM Tour Preferred X
  • Dan42nepaDan42nepa Members Posts: 458
    I just purchased Lee Extreme comfort slacks.. Very comfortable and light. I like extra pockets for cell and range finder Levi Denizen has an IT tech pocket.
  • jimb6golfjimb6golf Members Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Izod and Greg Norman golf pants are pretty nice and comfortable and be purchased at Macy's for reasonable prices too (and on sale quite a bit too). I'd also recommend the new line of Adidas pants and shorts as they are really comfortable.
  • Nic1972Nic1972 Members Posts: 707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently I wanted to buy a pair of Under Armour trousers, tried them on and was quite happy with them. The seller gave me some Golfino trousers, just to try. These trousers are so much lighter, more breathable and stretchy, I could not believe it. They are more expensive, but I bought them nevertheless.
    Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21°); Adams 9031 Pro (24°) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Align Black / White
    Wedges: Vokey SM 7 (50F08, 54M08, 58L04) / Project X LZ 6.0 / Golf Pride MCC Align Black /White
    Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
    Apparel: Nike
    Glove: Nike Tour Classic
    Shoes: Nike Lunar Command 2
    Bag: Nike
  • naws-golfernaws-golfer Members Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The gap performance khakis are the t****! I'm wearing one pair to work and like them so much I ordered a second pair, under $40 with code
  • texas_tomtexas_tom Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    The UA Golf pants and Shorts are the best I have ever tried. They are thicker and more durable so you don't feel wind drafts in the fall / winter, but they breath and wick in the spring. And THANK YOU for the elastic waistband, nobody wants to pop a button bending over to put a tee in the ground.

And my girl says the shorts make my butt look good... so there you go. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway Epic SZ, Diamana
    Callaway Epic 5 wood, Diamana
    Mizuno Clk Hybrid, Speeder hybrid
    Mizuno 900 HM/FG, CTaper Lite
    Vokey 54M,58K
    Scotty Cameron CT
  • alfiealfie Members Posts: 1,413 ✭✭
    edited Apr 6, 2016 #16
    Izod was the place to buy golf pants at a super discounted price last year before all stores were closed down. I think they are now just gonna focus on selling online.

Now my options are just regular kakhi pants from the Gap, the Champion pants at Target (when it's on sale), dress/work pants on sale at Marshalls, TJ Maxx and other cheap local stores.
  • JoyrideJoyride Members Posts: 8 ✭✭
    texas_tom wrote:
    The UA Golf pants and Shorts are the best I have ever tried. They are thicker and more durable so you don't feel wind drafts in the fall / winter, but they breath and wick in the spring. And THANK YOU for the elastic waistband, nobody wants to pop a button bending over to put a tee in the ground.

And my girl says the shorts make my butt look good... so there you go. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Other than the part about your butt, completely agree with this. Really love the UA shorts and pants, make sure you get the ones with the elastic in the waist.
  • wayupnorthwayupnorth it's like red but not quite Members Posts: 249
    edited Apr 7, 2016 #18

The gap performance khakis are the t****! I'm wearing one pair to work and like them so much I ordered a second pair, under $40 with code

nice to know i'm not the only one. if you catch them on sale they are like $35.00 CAD!
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]09.50 // 016 M2 TOUR ISSUE // KURO KAGE DUAL CORE XT70 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]16.50 // 016 M2 TOUR ISSUE // KURO KAGE DUAL CORE XT80 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]19.00 // 014 TOUR PREFERRED UDI // RECOIL PROTOTYPE 110 F5[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]22.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]25.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]28.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]32.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]36.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]40.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]45.00 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // [/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]49.50 // 011 VR PRO COMBO // MODUS3 TOUR 120 TX[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]54.00 // 012 VR PRO DS // MODUS3 WEDGE 125[/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]58.50 // 012 VR PRO DS // MODUS3 WEDGE 125[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]04.00 // 010 METHOD MODEL 001 // EI GJ 1.0[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]00.00 // 019 VICE PRO PLUS[/font]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file