Fowlers pants.... You gotta be kidding

I remember a time when Tiger wore really baggy pants when no one else did and people made comments. Then he started wearing those more athletic cut that everyone wears now and people made comments.

Not saying they will or should catch on, but every time someone tries something new fashion wise on the course, people make comments.

Tigers "collarless' shirts, Freddy Couples and his sneaker like Eccos.

I rather see Rickie and those Joggers than Rory and that stupid a** blade collar.

Those pants are more acceptable than the "blade" collar?

Ummm, ok....

I am guessing you are either a Rory or Nike hater.

Love Nike and like Rory, but that blade collar is silly and a good number of Nike staffers are wearing it. It looks like they are walking everywhere with a douchy popped collar. At least with Rickie he's the only one wearing the pants.

I guess the difference to me is one is a single guy with a wacky sense of style, the other is a brand wide thing.

To me their both absurd, but like my previous statement, one guy vs majority of brand. :dntknw:

Cool enough. I actually was not a fan til I put one on, like them a lot.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how wearing (really,really) slim fitting golf pants (yes, these are golf pants) is disrespectful to the masters/golf. Whether they are liked or not, they are fashionable. I for one don't like the two tone color scheme but like them otherwise.

Some of you guys should lighten up. This "Oh no rickie, not at the masters" talk is a little much. Not like he's wearing sweat pants or shorts.

Edit:

Not to rough anyone's feathers but as soon as I posted that, I visited social media and the first thing that popped up was this from "menwithstreetstyle"

It may go against the grain HERE but this is fashionable fellas

Fashionable maybe. But for whom I can't say because of this sites no politics clause. Let's just say not for guys who use the men's room.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I may be wrong, but maybe PUMA is making or having a strong influence on him wearing them? I don't think Rickie went to Puma and said "hey let's try something new, make me some skinny, yoga/sweatpants I can wear golfing, let's see if the trend catches on." I think PUMA is to blame somewhat here as well. We don't know what's in his contract but I'm pretty sure Rickie could have said, hell no, to wearing these pants. I don't like them but just looking at it from Puma's angle too.

Cool enough. I actually was not a fan til I put one on, like them a lot.

I'm not the most slender of men, so when I put one on the collar looked silly and the cut made me look like I was squeezing into an extra smedium. lol.

Like I get the "golfers are athletes too" angle to everyone wanting to make better fitting items and sneaker like cleats, but man, everyone is making their polo's like that anymore.

I dunno, I guess that's why the blade collar bothers me more.

Like I know people who were bothered by Payne Stewart for his Knicker look, but I wasn't and liked it because it was different, and not exactly something that was going to catch on with the masses.

To be fair, I do like the hi-tops, I just think normal pants are fine with them.

WITB 2015:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, -1 D setting, Speeder 565 S
3WD: Cobra Biocell+ 12.5 degrees, Matrix Black tie
2HY: Cobra Biocell, 16.5D setting, Stock shaft
4/5i: Cobra Biocell, True Temper s+ shaft
6-PW: Biocell+, Dynamic Gold S200
50 Vokey
56 Vokey
Odessey MetalX Milled #2

Not sure how wearing (really,really) slim fitting golf pants (yes, these are golf pants) is disrespectful to the masters/golf. Whether they are liked or not, they are fashionable. I for one don't like the two tone color scheme but like them otherwise.

Some of you guys should lighten up. This "Oh no rickie, not at the masters" talk is a little much. Not like he's wearing sweat pants or shorts.

Edit:

Not to rough anyone's feathers but as soon as I posted that, I visited social media and the first thing that popped up was this from "menwithstreetstyle"

It may go against the grain HERE but this is fashionable fellas

Fashionable maybe. But for whom I can't say because of this sites no politics clause. Let's just say not for guys who use the men's room.

Laughable. Style, much like bourbon, is an acquired taste my friend. Just bc some have more than others doesn't mean they pee sitting down.

I may be wrong, but maybe PUMA is making or having a strong influence on him wearing them? I don't think Rickie went to Puma and said "hey let's try something new, make me some skinny, yoga/sweatpants I can wear golfing, let's see if the trend catches on." I think PUMA is to blame somewhat here as well. We don't know what's in his contract but I'm pretty sure Rickie could have said, hell no, to wearing these pants. I don't like them but just looking at it from Puma's angle too.

He asked for them. Joggers and hi-tops are how he dresses off the course. He wanted to bring it to the course because he felt comfortable.

WITB 2015:
50 Vokey
56 Vokey
Odessey MetalX Milled #2

It could be worse:

article-1285622911388-0020977100000258-59765_466x437.jpg

Put that away!!! Think of the children!! :taunt:

WITB 2015:
50 Vokey
56 Vokey
Odessey MetalX Milled #2

Thank god he missed the cut so we won't have to see any of his ridiculous wardrobe. From what I hear I think Fowler is a good person but I just can't give him support with his ridiculous clothing choices. His flat bill hat makes his head look like a pin head. I also find it interesting that people are opposed to letting pros wear shorts during rounds because it is an unprofessional look or it goes against tradition. But it's okay to Fowler wear his joggers and his yoga pants?

And then, to top it off with that oversized flatbill. After you shot 80.

The hat with the pants make him like a short alien.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

love ricky's game, attitude and just about everything about him he's great for the game and a heck of player but those pants are terrible. there is a fine line with everything and his fashion forward golf attire is no different. he looked ridiculous and it's even worse when he played the way he did for two days.

He doesn't seem too embarrassed.

I love me some fashion threads. Is OP Johnny Wier?

No, but I'm guessing that Johnny Weir would love those pants. Johnny Weir probably has those pants.

I don't like the pants or shoes, but they actually don't bug me half as much as DeChambeau's hat. Way too contrived.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

He asked for them. Joggers and hi-tops are how he dresses off the course. He wanted to bring it to the course because he felt comfortable.

So if I showed up wearing my bathrobe, slippers and tighty whiteys on the first tee, I'm good to go?

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

say it ain't so Jason. LOL.

Even fellow pros took notice. “I wear high-tops and jogger pants working out,” Jason Day said. “It’s a good look.”

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

Yeah baby, not just for the under 30 crowd.

dress_pant_jogger_pants_10.jpg?iopts=1150x

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

Maybe I'm showing my age here, but Fowler's pants reminded me of an old Star Trek episode with Frank Gorshin

320x240.jpg

Enjoy every sandwich

#Kwonified

So if I showed up wearing my bathrobe slippers and tighty whiteys on the first tee, I'm good to go?

Very extreme place to go to try to make a point.

And yes I understand that it's the Masters and different from the Tour, but he's been wearing them all year and as far as I'm aware, the Tour hasn't told him to stop. So that should mean they find it within reason of the dress code.

WITB 2015:
50 Vokey
56 Vokey
Odessey MetalX Milled #2

So if I showed up wearing my bathrobe, slippers and tighty whiteys on the first tee, I'm good to go?

C'mon man.

run of the mill driver with stock shaft
a couple of outdated hybrids
shovel-ier shovels
wedges from same shovel company
some putter with a dead insert and
a hideous grip

Every era had someone dressing like a clown. As much as I like Ricky's game, he's it for this generation. He'll look back with amusement later on and wonder what he was thinking, unless it has to do with the dollars, then he'll know what he was thinking.

Even Marty Hackel wouldn't be caught dead wearing those pants outside of a parade.

They might even look different if he had any kind of an Word not allowed, but he's just got this skinny flat butt that makes those joggers bunch up and it looks like he has filled his shorts. Well, he did Thursday.

MCC Align Midsize

Every era had someone dressing like a clown. As much as I like Ricky's game, he's it for this generation. He'll look back with amusement later on and wonder what he was thinking, unless it has to do with the dollars, then he'll know what he was thinking.

Even Marty Hackel wouldn't be caught dead wearing those pants outside of a parade.

They might even look different if he had any kind of an Word not allowed, but he's just got this skinny flat butt that makes those joggers bunch up and it looks like he has filled his shorts. Well, he did Thursday.

Ahh. Some actual analysis. I like it!

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

C'mon man.

Is this is the same WRX where there is a 20 page thread about whether shirts are okay un-tucked at a club?

MCC Align Midsize

C'mon man.

Is this is the same WRX where there is a 20 page thread about whether shirts are okay un-tucked at a club?

touche :drinks:

shovel-ier shovels
a hideous grip

Did we all forget about this?

Man, had a Goldfinger flashback. Wanta listen to some Shirley Bassey.

Enjoy every sandwich

#Kwonified