Just did my first pair of Custom Golf shoes!

Just customized my first pair of golf shoes for those days when you wana be extra flashy!

ukv0DCg.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• Qqq123xxQqq123xx I wake up take a few steps and am in a haze the rest of the day. Members Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Extra flashy for sure lol. Love em. Like how you kept the front black.
    Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
    Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
    Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
    Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
    Nxt Tour.
    Cleveland Classic #4
  • VitoMaseratiVitoMaserati Members Posts: 12
    Thanks ya i didnt wana go to crazy on them but wanted them to really pop and stand out. I thought it was pretty crucial to keep them simple in the toe. A guy on reddit just gave me the name for them as The Etonic Crime Scenes for those days when you wana murder the ball!
  • LancejokerLancejoker Members Posts: 788
    Those look great. How long did it take to paint them?
  • BirdiesnoBogeysBirdiesnoBogeys Featured Writer Posts: 197
    Bring your A game on the days you feel like being flashy!!
    Taylormade M3
    Titleist 913F
    Titleist 910H
    Ping iBlade
    Ping Glide
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 / GoLo
  • mac94mac94 Banned Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    edited Feb 5, 2014 #6
    Here are a couple pair I've done. The red adipures I've had for a season and the purple adizeros I just did. Yours look killer!
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow.... guys stuck inside for the winter?
  • eagle1997eagle1997 Members Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    must. know. how.

please, give us a step by step!
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
    Lancejoker wrote:

Those look great. How long did it take to paint them?

took me about 8 hours with all the dry time beteween coats
    mac94 wrote:

Here are a couple pair I've done. The red adipures I've had for a season and the purple adizeros I just did. Yours look killer!

Those are nice man its a fun project for sure! Ive been doing Nikes and Jordan restoration for awhile and finally thought id take a stab at my old golf shoes

Wow.... guys stuck inside for the winter?

No I live in San Diego and paint shoes in my spare time, I golf year round no winter here lol.
    To do these i used Angelus leather paint, you have to deglaze the whole shoe of the old paint and finish (these started out white and brown) Then i sprayed multiple coats using an airbrush then used a small paint brush for the splatter. Then finished it off with one of Angelus's finish products for these i used the satin for some shine i usually use the matte for J's and Nikes. If anybody would like a pair of shoes done and have some ideas pm me and we can talk!
  • mac94mac94 Banned Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    I'm the one stuck inside for winter.
    mac94 wrote:

I'm the one stuck inside for winter.

I feel for you, I just moved to San Diego from Montana about 6 months ago. my home town was -34 today so this whole year round golf thing is new to me but man i sure dont miss that cold and snow! hope it warms up for ya soon!
  • CCUgolfer23CCUgolfer23 Members Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

To do these i used Angelus leather paint, you have to deglaze the whole shoe of the old paint and finish (these started out white and brown) Then i sprayed multiple coats using an airbrush then used a small paint brush for the splatter. Then finished it off with one of Angelus's finish products for these i used the satin for some shine i usually use the matte for J's and Nikes. If anybody would like a pair of shoes done and have some ideas pm me and we can talk!

what did you use for the deglazing process? I have 3 pair of old shoes I'd love to try this on.
    PXG 0811X 9*: Graphite Design AD BB 6X
    PXG 0341 15*: Graphite Design AD BB 7X
    Callaway GBB 18*: Graphite Design AD DI 9X
    Tour issue 913HD 20* Graphite Design AD DI 105X
    Bridgestone J38 DPC 4-PW: KBS Tour 120 S
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* and Tour issue 56*/ 58*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1

what did you use for the deglazing process? I have 3 pair of old shoes I'd love to try this on.

Angelus makes a deglazer or you can just use acetone which you can grab a quart can at home depot for like $6.
  • OUZO PowerOUZO Power #CallaWRX2 Banned Posts: 2,712
    Curious. Will the angelus white paint cover black PVC well? Have. Nice pair of white gold shoes but I don't like the black highlights.
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
    Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
    OUZO Power wrote:

Curious. Will the angelus white paint cover black PVC well? Have. Nice pair of white gold shoes but I don't like the black highlights.

ya it will cover you might have to do a few coats but it should cover in 3-4 thin coats
  • OUZO PowerOUZO Power #CallaWRX2 Banned Posts: 2,712

OUZO Power wrote:

ya it will cover you might have to do a few coats but it should cover in 3-4 thin coats
    thanks
    Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 3W
    FW: Callaway Big Bertha 5W
    Hybrid: Callaway RAZR X Tour 3H
    Irons: Callaway Apex 4-9, PW, AW, SW
    Putter: Odyssey Metal X Milled #9HT
  • StunuttStunutt Members Posts: 1
    Here's a few pairs I did... Gave some life to these!
  • pierso2pierso2 Shooters Shoot Members Posts: 2,605 ✭✭
    Stunutt wrote:

Here's a few pairs I did... Gave some life to these!

Those Icons look brand spankin new! Might have to try this with an old pair and do some elephant print or racing stripes!
    Option 1
    Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour-X
    Callaway Big Bertha 816 Alpha 16 AD-DI 8x black
    Nike VR Pro 3 hybrid project x 6.0
    Adams XTD Forged 4-PW Fujikura MCI 120S
    Adams MB2 GW
    Callaway Mac Daddy Forged 60
    Toulon Garage Atlanta Black Pearl
    Ping 4 Series Tour Edition White/ Bridgestone 2014 Tour Bag

Option 2
    Taylormade 2016 M1 10.5 Whiteboard Flowerband 7x
    16 Taylormade M1 5 wood AD-TP 7s
    Ping Anser 20 stock stiff
    Taylormade 2016 M2 Tour XP105 stiff
    Cleveland RTX 2.0 52 deg raw
    Titleist Vokey Prototype 58 T Grind
    Carbon Ringo Raw Whisky

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/pierso2
  • mccjudmccjud Members Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work! I turned a pair of Adidas lime green... check my pic to the left. Super happy with how my turned out.... my buddies give ,e a hard time & I love it!

I also used all Angelus leather products, from deglazer, to the leather paint to the waterproof finisher. There on some lime lades & good to go. Sorta cool to say no one else has a pair this color. I've been aspiring to turn an old pair of FJ sports which are currently blue & white to Grey & blue. You might have just given me to motivation I need!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file