Palmetto Beach Golf Championship

Hey I've noticed alot of you gamers play on your high school teams. Are any of you competeing in the Palmetto Beach High School Golf Championships in Myrtle Beach, SC this April??? I guess there suposed to be like 700 juniors at this tourney and I was just wondering if any of you guys are playing. I'm playing on a team from Ontario, Canada.

Comments

• nickMnickM Members Posts: 38
    Yea my team from MD goes down
  • mikeweirfanmikeweirfan Members Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Yah, my school, Niagara District is goin down..

we are soo pumped...should be tons of fun
  • golferdude_holein1golferdude_holein1 Members Posts: 23
    nickM wrote on Feb 4 2006, 06:02 PM:

Yea my team from MD goes down

MD is that your school??? Anyways what are the courses like that we play???Easy??Tough???Average?? How'd you guys do last year?
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    i went my frashman year. im from cali so it was a fun trip with my team. we got in the championship flight and got 17th or something which was pretty good for us because i live in the ghetto where drive bys go by at school so ppl were surprised. we wanted to came back this year because our team is very very strong but we arnt gonna
  • nickMnickM Members Posts: 38
    school name is Archbishop Spalding, ASHS, from Maryland (MD).
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    I went down last year with my team. It was a great experience if nothing else. Being from the west coast, you don't get the opportunity to play on a lot of those courses. I didn't play very well, but the courses were in great condition. We played a practice round at a course where the grass goes dormant during the winter and spring, coolest thing I've ever seen. You've got to make sure that you play mini-golf somewhere. Those are impressive courses! I went down totally prepared to get my first taste of putting on bermuda and it turns out that more than half of the courses actually use bent grass.
  • golferdude_holein1golferdude_holein1 Members Posts: 23
    Thanks for the suggestion for mini putt. ive heard really good things about the mini putt there, hopfully i'll get t play a couple times, that only if im not to bus winning.
  • mikeweirfanmikeweirfan Members Posts: 172 ✭✭
    to all schools going down the the tourny....

dont bother showing up and wasting your time...

my school pulls rank....

we are bringing the championship north of the border....