Golfshoes with wide toe box

I've tried some Bioms and the toe area hasn't been great. But the Biom cage is quite roomy.

In general, it seems like traditional shoes have narrower toe boxes while the spikeless/relaxed/sneaker like models are wider. Someone mentioned the Adicross Gripmore and I'd second that.

Check web sites that have multiple views of the shoe (zappos for example) and you can usually tell from the top or bottom view if the last is full and rounded or tapering in toward the toe.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several pairs of the biom, and they are plenty wide for me. But the cage is much wider, and it's a lighter shoe by quite a bit.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Sketches go golf. Just picked up a pair of the "elites" in a wide width. Seems to be very roomy.

Thanks for all your posts, appreciate it! The hard part in all this is the idea of a wide toe box, not a wide heel. When a shoe comes in wide widths that refers to the heel. I started this thread because I was and still am having trouble finding golf shoes---especially waterproof ones---with a wide toe box.

Then you need to look at Ecco. That's the way they are made. Snug in the heel. Wide at the toe box. More so than any other shoe that I have worn.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Then you need to look at Ecco. That's the way they are made. Snug in the heel. Wide at the toe box. More so than any other shoe that I have worn.

That has not been the case for me. Only the new Ecco street shoes have had anything close to a wide toebox for me. The previous street and biom models didn't work at all.

Drn92

I have wide feet and I've had good luck with Nike, but here's my recent fitting experience:

True Links - Wide toe box, no problems

Footjoy - Wide toe box, but on some models the whole shoe is just really big including the instep and the heel

Nike - mixed bag, i found that the Lunar Control I need to go a size up on a wide width, but with the spikeless models, I can just go a size up in medium width and the toe box is nice and wide. With the Dunks, I was able to get a wide width with my normal size and it was fine.

Adidas - I can't fit any of them, which is a shame becuase i love the look of their Adicross models. I've tried their wide widths, but the insteps are just too tight for me, and once i find one with the right instep, the shoe is too long and my feet move too much

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Thanks, glad to see people still posting. Not everyone has the same size foot. In my case I was injured and tore a toe tendon (don't ask, it's really painful), and I've been wearing a silicon apparatus that separates the toes, widening considerable the area that the toes need to fit within. Trulinks were great until they changed their style. Loved the zero lift and the wide toe box. Now it's just zero lift I think + not sure they make waterproof golf shoes with a wide toe box anymore. I have multiple pairs of them, supposedly waterproof. But not so much and they admitted there was a problem.

Good customer service, though.

I feel as if one float around in my True - so much room that I bruised my big toe moving around them.

I prefer Ecco - Biom Hybrid 2 has good room with the right size. I think the most comfortable is the Ecco Biom Lace or new Bioms that are $240+. I went up one size with Hybrid 2 over the Biom Lace.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I have pizza foot (wide in the front narrow in the heel) ... used to wear True. Footjoy M Project fit pretty well (only FJ's that do). I got a pair of Ecco Hybrid 2 goretex spikeless. They are without a doubt the best golf shoes I have ever had. They seem very well constructed, look nice and are really comfortable. I used to go through 3 pairs of Trues a year, they just fell apart after a few months. I think the Eccos will actually last the season.

Parkersburg Country Club, Vienna W.Va.
Golf Courses I Have Played:
http://tinyurl.com/lnd3pl2
WITB Link

The adidas adicross grip more , the ones Justin Rose wears has the widest toe box of any adidas I have tried. I am a former True fan that doesn't have a particular wide foot but loves plenty of room for my foot bed. Hate wide heels. Those adicross in white and a pair in gray keep me walking every time

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I used to go through 3 pairs of Trues a year, they just fell apart after a few months.

That's remarkable. I have five or six pairs of Trues from the first two generations and haven't killed a pair yet. Happy about that, because I finding anything else that fits right seems an impossible challenge.

Thanks, glad to see people still posting. Not everyone has the same size foot.

Truth. One of these days someone will figure out how to do fully custom at a reasonable price and get Elon Musk rich.

The adidas adicross grip more , the ones Justin Rose wears has the widest toe box of any adidas I have tried. I am a former True fan that doesn't have a particular wide foot but loves plenty of room for my foot bed. Hate wide heels. Those adicross in white and a pair in gray keep me walking every time

+1. I made the mistake of not getting a pair. Hope the new version fits the same.

drn92

I have pizza foot (wide in the front narrow in the heel) ... used to wear True. Footjoy M Project fit pretty well (only FJ's that do). I got a pair of Ecco Hybrid 2 goretex spikeless. They are without a doubt the best golf shoes I have ever had. They seem very well constructed, look nice and are really comfortable. I used to go through 3 pairs of Trues a year, they just fell apart after a few months. I think the Eccos will actually last the season.

Thanks, I just checked that shoe's pictures out online and while it doesn't have the exaggerated toe box width that the Trulinks had, maybe it will fit my "pizza" foot. Will find some in a big box store and try out the toe box.

I just picked up a pair of the Nike FI Bermudas today. I bought the wide version of the shoe and the toe box has a lot of room. Kind of reminder me of an old pair of Trues that I once owned. These are going to be a great walking shoe.

Thanks will check these out too, seem to have a toe box that's slightly less severely curved and might fit my new foot/toe width

New balance. I wear a 4E that's about as wide as they make a shoe

Hi, we're talking about a wide toe box not wide heel (and probably a slightly wider toe box). This is the hard part for people who have wide toes or medical reasons like me---who would not otherwise buy wide shoes, the ones that come wide in the heel and body.

Hi, we're talking about a wide toe box not wide heel (and probably a slightly wider toe box). This is the hard part for people who have wide toes or medical reasons like me---who would not otherwise buy wide shoes, the ones that come wide in the heel and body.

yeah I get it wide toe box. I just had a bunionectomy (sp.) I'm 100% positive were on the same page and I found the most comfortable shoes for me for that :)

Not sure why you say wide shoes mean wide heels and the toe box doesn't change.

All the wides I've ever had were wider in the forefoot and toe box compared to regular widths. Never noticed a difference in the heel width even if it was wider.

Wide widths absolutely have a wider forefoot and toe box (in addition to any extra heel width, I.e. The whole footbed is wider).

I have a wide foot and am always looking for footwear that fits. Try:

Footjoy Versaluxe - tried them on yesterday and bought them on the spot...i didnt even need the wide width they are that comfortable in the toe box, and the leather is really soft.

Nike TW '15 - in wide, have plenty of room in the toebox.

Adidas Adicross Gripmore - widest Adidas shoe that i found, but are also wide in the instep/heel.

Adidas Boost 360 - the only performance Adidas shoe that fits my wide feet, in wide of course.

Footjoy Contour Casual - what I used to wear back in the day, another good option for wide feet.

Yes I own all of these shoes...

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 

Ping G430 22* Hybrid 

Titleist U*505 ('23) 4i

TaylorMade P790 ('23) 5-AW

Taylor Made MG4 56*
Titleist SM8 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

TaylorMade TP5x Pix

Vessel Lite Lux

Not sure why you say wide shoes mean wide heels and the toe box doesn't change.

All the wides I've ever had were wider in the forefoot and toe box compared to regular widths. Never noticed a difference in the heel width even if it was wider.

Wide widths absolutely have a wider forefoot and toe box (in addition to any extra heel width, I.e. The whole footbed is wider).

I'll check that statement out, that opting for a wider shoe only changes the toe box and not the heel. If so I stand corrected.

Again thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and who continues to read through it looking for something that will help their particular foot situation.