2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Putting Aid Testers Needed - Free Samples

I got mine last night. I will try to post a picture of it. First impression is that i think the packaging is pretty cool.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is a picture of the packaging.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Can u use it for aligning driver?

I would think it could work.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Just a quick comment about who you need these for

I am a lower cap but putting probably is my biggest issue why I am not even lower......see, I said probably when it really is. Golf Digest had a score, stat keeper and it listed my putting stats equal to a 20 cap.

Your handicap does not reflect how good or how bad of a putter you are.

If you have an aid to help improve putting, anyone that has putting issues would be interested in one no matter the cap.

Sure, I understand that you broke it down to help in your study and for the give away but I would like to be considered simple based in that I putt poorly period.

Thanks fir the offer

Mine was waiting for me when I got home today. When I pulled it out and started hitting a couple putts I realized I set my putter open at address. After squaring it up I started to roll them more consistently. Very happy to try this product out on a more extensive scale and a longer review to come after the 30 days but I wanted to give my first impressions.

Got mine yesterday and as soon as I set it up i saw how off my putting was, after 5 minutes or so I started to be more consistent, I'm sure in 30 days I should improve dramatically, I'm taking it to the practice green to test it out, so far I'm impressed, thank you Rob for the opportunity...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I received my Thursday and it immediately went down to practice.

Previous photos show the packaging but here is it what it looks like coming out:

post-242907-0-93091900-1460909506.jpg

An another picture looking down the line:

post-242907-0-50901100-1460909538.jpg

First, thing I notcie when opening it as that it was made very well and should hold up over time. The yellow really pops from the "plastic" green and I have yet to get it on the course but can't see it being any different.

I practice "straight" five footers, well at least I thought. I have little left to right break going one way in the house. I kept hitting the sides like bumpers and the ball would go in to the hole. I immediately thought, well no reason you can't miss. I know there are straight putts out there, just have to find them to practice the "traditional" way. I adjusted and knocked out the 40 putts...ladder, etc drills. Only complaint using it this way is, If there is a little break you don't get the ability to see if you would of came in the side door, etc.

I watched some of the online videos to see ideas for other practicing ideas. Saw the breaking putt drill and I find the 5 footer a lot more effective by putting out the back than towards the cup. You immdiately can see if you are off line from the beginining. This is the way I plan on practicing for the most part because it allows for the extra little curls here and there.

I have been using it everyday since Thursday and Im not going to lie, I started to visualize two yellow lines when I was putting during yesterday round. I can really see this helping me during my rounds if I keep practicing for the 30 days.

Pros:

Very well made

Small packaging that fits in the golf bag easily

Easy to put down and pack up

Cons:

I haven't notice any yet

Thanks for the oppurtunity to demo this. Can't wait to have time to practice on the course and not be rushing to the tee.box.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I'm not sure if you have sent out all 20 of the samples out, but as a teaching pro, I'd be happy to give an honest review of your aid and put it to great use on the panhandle of Florida!

AI Smoke TD 8° w/shaft TBD

Big Bertha 815 Alpha 14° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

'16 Apex Hybrid 23° w/DG 
'24 Apex CB 5-7; '24 Apex MB 8-11 w/DG

MD2 55° + PM 1.0 58° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

I received mine on Saturday and like the others, I was very impressed with the packaging and presentation!!

Top notch Rob :)

I don't care what ya use to putt with or how ya stroke the ball, as the strokes and putters can be all over the map, however there is but ONE MINDSET that all Great putters have and Rob's e-mail below speaks to it~

THIS is the most valuable thing that you've sent anyone, lol!!

Very Nicely Played :)

"I received some comments that if I'm rolling 40 putts every day I'm going to get better at putting and that's probably true.

The difference is using the 5Footer you're going to be developing a fundamentally rock-solid stroke that will hold up under pressure.

It's going to show you any fundamental flaws you have in your stroke immediately.

For me I was always aiming left and would push my putts right so when I first set up using the 5Footer I was missing right quite a bit.

What was happening is that there was no doubt about the line anymore so I was setting up square to the line but I still had my old stroke which was inconsistent.

I want to give you an overview of where we are trying to go with this.

1. Every great putter has the ability to consistently start their ball on their intended line. This is goal number one.

2. The very best putters get to a point in their putting where they are primarily using their unconscious mind. This is the 2nd level.

Have you ever walked onto a green and had a 6, 8, 10 foot putt and when you looked at it you just knew you were going to make it?

Have you ever heard someone say they were "putting out of their mind" or how athletes in different sports including golf get in "the zone"?

Have you ever had a great round of putting?

If you think back on it when you were rolling your putts you were not thinking about putting mechanics, speed, line, or probably anything but making it.

Maybe you're asking yourself how is rolling 40 straight putts everyday going to help me with this?

40 putts a day is the foundation that will develop the solid fundamentals you need to go to the 2nd level CONSISTENTLY.

I could have streaks of great putting but it would come and go. The reason was my fundamentals were not sound and even subconsciously my stroke would change.

Why do you think professional basketball players practice free throws every day? Because they know they're going to face that shot every day. The free throws also help them develop fundamentally sound technique.

You will get to the point where you're making 38, 39, and 40 out of 40 every day.

Now you are confident that you can start your ball on your line.

Speed is the determining factor to make longer and breaking putts.

When you are supremely confident in your ability to start the ball on your line you can devote more of your focus to the speed. By focus I mean looking at the target with a clear mind and just letting it go. Trusting the line and "feeling" the correct speed to roll it in the hole.

That is the "feel" and the "unconscious" part of putting.

The art of putting if you will.

Think of it like this. If someone who has never played golf before walked on the putting green and you handed them a putter and said "okay I want you to look at this 5 or 10 foot putt but don't think about your stroke, your line, or anything, use your "subconscious mind".

They could not do it because their mind has no experience and no reference to draw from.

The mind is an amazing thing and it tries to solve problems.

That is one of the great things about the mind but it is also one of the things that screws up our putting.

Let me explain.

Golf is a challenging game and you're going to miss some putts.

If you take 25-30 putts a round that means you still missed 30% to 40% of your putts and many of the putts you made were just tap ins which do not really build confidence or add to the subconscious mind.

So your mind instinctively tries to fix this and make more putts by changing things.

This is why you have to Discipline Your Mind and Train it to focus on the fundamentals and that is what the 40 putts a day are for.

It is the Foundation.

At the end of the 30 days you're going to have rolled 1200 putts.

You didn't just roll 1200 putts though.

You rolled 1200 putts 100% confident in the line.

You rolled 1200 putts getting instant feedback.

You rolled 1200 putts focusing on center cup every time.

That is the difference.

I'm not a putting instructor so I'm not going to be giving any instruction on what kind of grip you should use, putter, stance, etc.

I will give you some tips and some things that I have noticed and I feel have helped me while using the 5Footer. Take whatever you like and leave the rest.

Having said that if you are not starting to trend up after two weeks you should find an instructor that will look at your grip, stance, etc. while you are putting on the 5Footer.

Through trial and error I personally ended up making some changes that helped me to become more consistent.

If you stick to the program you will get it figured out but if you're getting frustrated you could possibly get results quicker having a fresh set of educated eyes on it. It helps to know what to change.

If you do not use it, it is not going to work and you are not going to get better.

That is why I am trying to inspire everyone to commit to the 10 or 15 minutes a day it takes to roll 40.

I will tell you from experience that you should set a time that you can get this in every day. It could be at lunch in the office, it could be first thing in the morning when you get up, it could be the last thing you do at night, but if you set a time you will get it in.

Trust me it is only 10 or 15 minutes but we are all busy and it is easy to let two or three days go by and you did not do it and you say "well, I'll just hit eighty or a hundred on Saturday to make up for it".

That is great but the mind does not work best that way.

The best way to train your mind is by really focusing center cup for 10 or 15 minutes a day and then give your mind a break so it can sink in.

It can become a point of diminishing returns when you're rolling 90-100 putts on the 5Footer if the focus is not there. I am not saying do not practice more if you want to, by all means go ahead, just make sure you are engaged.

It's about quality and consistency daily.

It works best for me if I have a place where I can set it up and leave it out with 8 balls and go through it five times.

I set the tube at the end and use it as the cup if I am indoors. Check out my videos on the site using it indoors.

I record my results daily in the calendar on my phone. It doesn't matter how you do it but make sure you record your results.

Many times if you hit the side it will nudge it into the cup or the tube but that's a miss.

Do not cheat yourself.

Everyone should be getting them this week so feel free to drop me an email with any questions or let me know how it's going.

Becoming a great putter is a journey not a destination. It's a marathon not a sprint.

If you stick to your commitment for the 30 days you will be on your way.

Here's 2 tips.

Work back and forth inside the 5Footer from a different spot every time. This resets your mind and trains you to set up perfect to the line every time.

If you're struggling in the beginning, take baby steps and roll putts from 3 to 4 feet focusing on center cup until you are making over 30 out of 40 before you move back.

Sincerely,

Rob Merwin"

Thanks again for the opportunity Bro!!

Have fun Guys :)

Fairways & Greens, Pins & Cups 4ever My Friends,

Rap

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I received mine Friday, sadly I will be confined to putting in my office as the greens were just punched.

HaHa, I'm confined to the hospital hallway, lol.

We struck an agreement as at first the head nurse was having none of it-

I can putt after 11:00pm and before 5:30am which suits me fine as because of my meds I have "Sundowners" now, lol

I lay my 12' turf green down and actually have had some nice matches with a nurse, my doc and my father. It's funny cuz when my father or doc join me I can putt whenever I want, lol. So even if my father doesn't feel like putting I'll have him sit in the room for 20-30 minutes and watch either GC or ESP while I putt, haha.

Happy Putting Bro :)

Have a nice week,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I received mine Friday, sadly I will be confined to putting in my office as the greens were just punched.

HaHa, I'm confined to the hospital hallway, lol.

We struck an agreement as at first the head nurse was having none of it-

I can putt after 11:00pm and before 5:30am which suits me fine as because of my meds I have "Sundowners" now, lol

I lay my 12' turf green down and actually have had some nice matches with a nurse, my doc and my father. It's funny cuz when my father or doc join me I can putt whenever I want, lol. So even if my father doesn't feel like putting I'll have him sit in the room for 20-30 minutes and watch either GC or ESP while I putt, haha.

Happy Putting Bro :)

Have a nice week,

RP

Yikes! Well I will certainly be counting my blessings, I hope all is well. In retrospect my office carpet is looking much better now.

TM / Titleist / Machine
WITB Link

18 capper here if there are any spots still open.

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

I received this last week and just started my testing commitment today. This weekend I saw an aimpoint instructor and I confirmed my setup and stroke is okay but I needed to work on my miss, which is a pull.

So today I set up the 5 footer downstairs on my putting green and hit 40 shots. Over half of those were pulls which sounded kind of high but a quick adjustment to my grip seems to have fixed that.

The aimpoint instructor (Jared at Doug Spencers place in Cincinnati is a cool guy FYI) gave me a drill where you put down a flat yard stick and try to keep it on the stick the whole way. So I'm assuming this will work with any flat device and I tried the drill out by putting down the yellow strips of the 5 footer... and it worked well. I can put a ball on each corner and then I try to knock off the ball at the opposite end. This way I have a target and I can see immediately if my line is bad, and the result is fun and satisfying so I kept doing it until the end of lunch.

I did have difficulty deciding if my yellow strips were parallel. I ended up measuring it and made some adjustments in how it was laying. Also, the vinyl wants to retain a bit of curl which made placing a ball on the back corners difficult. I pressed it flat in a thick book and it worked fine after that.

So far the only thoughts I would entertain is maybe throwing in a printout of different drills you can do with the 5 footer, with the heads up that the strips may need to sit out for a bit or you will have to flatten them somehow (I guess you could probably roll it out with the cardboard tube it comes with for the same effect) to work correctly. The use of the device is pretty obvious but instructions and a few drills to occupy your customers past the usual retail 30 day return policies might increase sales retention, and of course if you're occupied with it longer everyone wins.

For now I'm documenting my misses and trying to think of other uses. It's pretty neat though, thanks for including me.

First impression, great presentation out of the box that had me extremely curious. After using for an entire day inside, putting probably 100 putts, went out and played my best round on the greens ever. I have never played 18 holes and been under 30 putts. I now have. Will report back after 30 days. I started yesterday, April 18th. Thank you for this opportunity.

BTW-- I did find this more effective going from cup end out (reverse gate drill).

First impression, great presentation out of the box that had me extremely curious. After using for an entire day inside, putting probably 100 putts, went out and played my best round on the greens ever. I have never played 18 holes and been under 30 putts. I now have. Will report back after 30 days. I started yesterday, April 18th. Thank you for this opportunity.

BTW-- I did find this more effective going from cup end out (reverse gate drill).

Same as me. I have been closing the "tracks" a little to make it a little more challenging.

All and all it is going nicely.

I plan to get it on the course Thursday

protos F4

Ok, so I played last Saturday, shot 72, putting was great, I normally have 30-32 putts per round, Saturday I had 27 putts, I have been using the 5Footer from Thursday (when I received it) and have putted at least 100-120 balls per day, I will take it to the course and use it on the practice greens...

3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"

PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)

Day 1 for me as well. It took a little longer than 15 minutes because I did a little before and after test. Not that I was or am expecting a instant fix. I am putting on carpet using a mason jar lid (small) as a hole. Makes a great sound when you hit it dead center.

Let me start by thanking Rob and 5 footer for their generosity and sending the 5Footer absolutely free. The tool itself is nicely made and great packaging.

I putted ten balls before and after hitting 40 balls about the same distance as the tool. My initial ten resulted in 4/10 putts made. 2 dead center and two off the front lip of the lid.

After the first five putts using the 5footer, I realized that I was hitting everything right. The grip I installed myself was about an 1/8th of an inch off center causing my putter face to be open at address. Made some quick adjustments and what a difference. I have no site lines, dots, etc on my putter so I also learned where the ball feels the cleanest coming off of the face at address. By the end of the 40 I was hitting the ball clean and true.

My "after" ten resulted in 8/10 made. I yanked one left and hit the "ground" before hitting the ball on the other. Let me reiterate - I don't think I'm fixed or that this is a miracle tool. However, I was able to tell almost instantly my putter face was open and part of the issue was my grip.

I played three rounds last weekend and my putting was better than I expected being that it was the first time I played in months. I did however leave a lot of makable putts from 10' in out on the course. I'm excited to see how this Sunday fares on the course after a couple of days using the tool.

I'll update after day 10.

Thanks again Rob!

Mo

First, thanks to Rob and 5Footer for allowing me to test this product.

I'm not going to do an opening ceremony...pictures of the new toy...then rave about how incredible this new training aid is.

Rather, I'm going to use this Post in the thread to give out real data and my personal opinion (good...bad...or indifferent).

I'm lucky enough to have a large enough space in my theater room that I'll easily be able to use this indoors.

However, I'll be using it on outdoor real greens as well.

Here is my setup:

Day 1: As you can see in my setup above, I have the tube that the 5Footer shipped in as my cup. It measures 3" in diameter...I'll most likely go to Lowes and get a 3" steel Pipe...close it off at the end...and use it instead of the tube, as I'd like to keep the tube in decent condition. I started my 1st Day practicing with the 5Footer by committing to make 25 3 footers in a row. Miss one, and you start back with the 1st putt. I made 39 in a row, so, 39 is the baseline for future comparison. When I missed the 40th putt, I placed the ball back at the 5 foot mark and made 14 in a row...so, 14 is the baseline for future comparison.

Day 2: Made the 1st 33 3 footers in a row. Did the gate drill for the remaining 15 minutes. An interesting point is that for a SBST stroke, you can use the closest ribbon to ensure your arc is SBST during your practice swings.

Day 3: Started at 3 feet and peeled off (76) in a row...same drill as above...miss (1) and start at (1). Took a few practice putts at 5 feet, and startwd the drill again...made (18) in a row. I'm making them inside the 3" shipping cup. If it hits the side and doesn't go in its a miss.

Day 4: Ditched the 'pre-putt' drain as many 3 footers in a row and started started the ladder drill from 3, 4, 5, and 6 feet. Tempo feels good. Liking the repetition.

Day 5:Went with the 3, 4, and 5 foot ladder drill. Made 32/40 putts.

Day 6:Went with the 3, 4, and 5 foot ladder drill again. Made 32/40 putts.

Finally got mine on the course.

The yellow really pops and it's a different animal on real green compare to inside.

It took more practice to get my speed down but it paid off.

I putted very well in my 2 rounds. The 5 footers and in felt automatic. No worries about me pushing them which I tend to do.

The longer putts 10 feet plus I still need to work on speed but lining them up was so much easier.

I'm imagine the two tracks when I putt and it has been great. I'm loving the 5footer.

I banged out an Eagle but it was on the fringe, so 0 putts on that hole ---thanks 5footer ;)

protos F4

I have been using the 5footer putting aid for 2 weeks and I have to say my putting has improved dramatically, just last Saturday had 26 putts, my average is 30, I felt so comfortable on any length putts, my stroke was so pure that if I missed it only had inches to save par...thank you 5footer for helping my game so much....practicing at home...