Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

cz13X4

For anyone looking to try the mb out, and not spend too much, there is a set on ebay for less than $200

Wow that's a good deal

Well I took the leap - just ordered a set of J15 MB's with the Modus 120X flex shafts. While I'm not normally someone who can justify keeping 2 sets of irons, the prices you can get on DD's make it more acceptable. Not sure if I'll sell the CB's or just keep both. Leaning towards keeping both right now, but I wont rush into that decision.

Figure if I don't love the 120X's, i can either flip them with the DG Pro's in the CB's or try something new. I have the 120 in my wedge and really like it there.

Even though its still winter in Michigan, I cant wait to get these in my hands! As much as I like the CB's, I miss playing MB's at least in the shorter irons.

Where at in Michigan? I play the MB's as well

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For anyone looking to try the mb out, and not spend too much, there is a set on ebay for less than $200

Wow that's a good deal

Well I took the leap - just ordered a set of J15 MB's with the Modus 120X flex shafts. While I'm not normally someone who can justify keeping 2 sets of irons, the prices you can get on DD's make it more acceptable. Not sure if I'll sell the CB's or just keep both. Leaning towards keeping both right now, but I wont rush into that decision.

Figure if I don't love the 120X's, i can either flip them with the DG Pro's in the CB's or try something new. I have the 120 in my wedge and really like it there.

Even though its still winter in Michigan, I cant wait to get these in my hands! As much as I like the CB's, I miss playing MB's at least in the shorter irons.

I live in Chesterfield and work in Dearborn. Detroit area. You?

Wow that's a good deal

I live in Chesterfield and work in Dearborn. Detroit area. You?

The exact opposite side of the state lol Kalamazoo

• 2 weeks later...

Well - if early returns are any indication....as much as I liked the J15 CB's I think they are going up for sale. Absolutely loving the J15 MB's on the range for 3 sessions. I'll wait until I actually get on a course before putting the CB's up for sale, but I am very impressed with the MB's. They are much better than I expected on my normal miss (slight toe hit). Really looking forward to the season with these!

Are the J15 CBs taper tip or parallel tip? I thought these were taper tips but couldn't confirm it online.

[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]G400 9* Aldila Rogue Silver 60S
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]G400 14.5* Kuro Kage XM 70 S
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]G400 Hybrid 19* Tour 85 S
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]i200 4, iblade 5~PW Steelfiber i95R or [color=#800000][b]Srixon[/b][/color] z565 4~6, z765 7~AW Steelfiber i95S
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]Glide 2.0 50SS, 54SS, Glide 58ES
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]Ketsch Heavy 34 Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0 Countercore
[img]http://forum.mygolfspy.com/public/style_emoticons/default/ping-small.jpg[/img]Hoofer 14

Hope all are doing well. Think I've decided to drop my J15 CBs (C-Tapers). I just don't love the turf interaction with them in the mid and shorter irons. Switching back to my MP68s until I can find something better: thinking of trying MP-25s, MP5s or TMBs. We'll see.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Hope all are doing well. Think I've decided to drop my J15 CBs (C-Tapers). I just don't love the turf interaction with them in the mid and shorter irons. Switching back to my MP68s until I can find something better: thinking of trying MP-25s, MP5s or TMBs. We'll see.

Hmmm what didn't you like. I'm gaming them with C-Taper and they stayed in the bag specifically for the turf interaction lol

The J15 CB are getting ready to start the season with me. Who else is putting these irons in play again?

I just returned my test drive kit. I really liked everything about them except the sole grind. Im settling iffy about that part but im willing to give them a go and will still likely order a set this week. Im waiting to hear back from bridgestonegolf about some questions regarding the build and available options.

The only set i would consider is mph5/mp25. Just changed the dgpro s300 to ctaperlite. New grips and new red ferrules. They are not going anywhere. But i have to admit that im rotating the 4 iron j15/ 4iron mph5 and ping i25 hybrid at 22*. Cant wait fir the season to start.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

[u]project x L.Z 5.5[/u]:
Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

The only set i would consider is mph5/mp25. Just changed the dgpro s300 to ctaperlite. New grips and new red ferrules. They are not going anywhere. But i have to admit that im rotating the 4 iron j15/ 4iron mph5 and ping i25 hybrid at 22*. Cant wait fir the season to start.

Curious as to what kinda change the switch to CTL made to your ballflight. Considering a shaft swap myself from DGP, and the CTL and FLTD are on my short list. Looking for just a touch higher flight and spin.

Hmmm what didn't you like. I'm gaming them with C-Taper and they stayed in the bag specifically for the turf interaction lol

Different strokes I suppose. Perhaps it is the shafts.....we'll see, I'm in the process of re-shafting the 4-iron with a PX 6.5 ss1.

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Curious as to what kinda change the switch to CTL made to your ballflight. Considering a shaft swap myself from DGP, and the CTL and FLTD are on my short list. Looking for just a touch higher flight and spin.

for me: the weight loss in the shaft with ctaper lite vs dg help me with my tempo. But i can still go hard at it if i want. Which never happen. Yeah it is a touch higher but a touch less spin in my case. I feel i control the ball so much more better. Definetely more suited to my swing. Plus they just look even better than they were.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

Looked up ordering these from Bridgestone then saw some great deals on eBay but not the exact shafts I wanted maybe I'll wait for some ho to get tired of his. eBay pricing on these are half the price
many times i see a set pop up the bst at a great price.

Titleist 915 d2
Titleist 917 f2 18*

Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
Nike engage 52 square,
56 toe sweep
60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

• 2 weeks later...

Still gaming the J40 CBs and love them, but just curious to those of you that have upgraded....am I missing anything?

The J40 CBs are forgiving enough and I can still work the ball plus the profile looks nice to the eye until the 4 iron. That's when I can see the back sticking out at address. That is my only complaint.

Still gaming the J40 CBs and love them, but just curious to those of you that have upgraded....am I missing anything?

The J40 CBs are forgiving enough and I can still work the ball plus the profile looks nice to the eye until the 4 iron. That's when I can see the back sticking out at address. That is my only complaint.

I'm currently playing the J40's as well, this will be my 2nd season with them. I tried the j15 cb's and the DF through the test drive all with steel fiber shafts. Thought the J40's were the best out of the 3 for me.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW Aerotech SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

Different strokes I suppose. Perhaps it is the shafts.....we'll see, I'm in the process of re-shafting the 4-iron with a PX 6.5 ss1.

Have not made it to the course yet, but after three range sessions, I'm loving the PX 6.5 ssx1 in the 4 iron. Had I not just had the set done with Ctapers, I would absolutely have done them up with the PXs.

• 4 weeks later...

Well guys, it's been no secret that I love the J15 cb's. Been playing them the longest of any set I have owned. Being a golfing ho,I have tried lots of different irons to try to knock them out of my bag. Not sure why but it is an addiction. But the J15's always came through. The toughest competitor was the 716 cb's. They were great. But not better.

But I feel like I might have found a new winner. I just picked up a set of Bridgestone J015 cb's. Can't wait to get them. I see an epic battle between the two sets in the future. Has anyone here played the J015's and what did you think?

Mizuno JPX 900 driver
Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
Mizuno MP A303 putter