Travelling to Hawaii - Having my clubs shipped over

looking for Recommendations
Hey guys wanted to find out who has used any reliable freight forwarders to have their clubs shipped.
Any and all help will be appreciated...Honeymoon is the first 2 weeks in June, first week at Princeville Kauai and teh second week at the Westin Maui Kanapali. Clubs will ship from the Philly area to Kauai, then back to Sarasota.

I found this company: http://www.golfbagshipping.com/

thanks in advance...Kindest regards, Shawnee

PS - this is cross posted

PPS - any course recommendations will be appreciated as well

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never shipped my clubs, sorry. However, if you need some rankings or help with the Golf courses let me know. I've only been to Kauai once, but I've played pretty much all the Maui courses with the exception of the couple Muni's.

My rankings would be:

Kapalua Plantation

Wailea Gold

Wailea Emerald

Dunes at Maui Lani

Kapalua Bay

I think I've got pictures of all of them if you'd like to see them.

Ping G400 - Accra 162i
Tour Edge Exotics xcg7 4 wood
Ping Crossover 3i
PXG 0211 - 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM7 - 48,54,60
Toulon Garage - Austin

I've never shipped my clubs, sorry. However, if you need some rankings or help with the Golf courses let me know. I've only been to Kauai once, but I've played pretty much all the Maui courses with the exception of the couple Muni's.

My rankings would be:

Kapalua Plantation

Wailea Gold

Wailea Emerald

Dunes at Maui Lani

Kapalua Bay

I think I've got pictures of all of them if you'd like to see them.

great info and I remember that you had posted some of your photos in another post. Thanks you.

Kindest regards, Shawnee

Titleist Tsi4 / Callaway 4w /Call Hy/ Call UT 3i /Srixon z745 4-P /Vokey Wedgeworks 50m+56v /Cameron Newport 

I believe you're insured when you take them with you on the airplane as well....and it's free.

this is not a debate, who wants to travel ALL that way and risk, theft or damage?

the purpose of the thread is to determine if there is a member with experience of a better way to freight forward your set of clubs

UPS or fedex if you want to do it yourself. Cost is all based on time of delivery. Never heard any issue with any of the specialty shipping services. I haven't seen a great difference in price between the services and I'm not sure if the specialty companies give you that much of a break.

I think this option is starting to become more popular as more airlines join the additional baggage fee parade.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Make sure if it does get expensive that you have your clubs listed on your homeowners policy. The airlines will NOT give you full price for your clubs if damaged.

I do have friends that have dealt with luggage free? They've been satisfied with the service, but said the communication left them a little leary.

Again, have a great time.

Ping G400 - Accra 162i
Tour Edge Exotics xcg7 4 wood
Ping Crossover 3i
PXG 0211 - 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM7 - 48,54,60
Toulon Garage - Austin

• 1 month later...

10,000 miles later my golf bag arrived at my office this morning. I am very satisfied with the service and the convenience of http://www.golfbagshipping.com/ and would highly recommend this to anyone that is looking for convenience and service. 248.00 included, 2000.00 of insurance, a convenient pre-packaged to and from bill of lading, FedEx labels, very strong plastic shipping bag and email notification reminders for pickup from FedEx.

I packed my clubs in my Club Glove, Last Bag padded travel bag and then put the plastic shipping bag over it to be shipped.

I left this bag on the porch of our New Jersey home on May 30, the clubs showed up at the resort in Kauai on June 3, they were then picked up in Maui on Friday June 13 and arrived here in my office in Florida safe and sound today.

You can do this for less and schedule and drop off yourself, myself, the convenience was well worth it.

Golf was great over there, in Kauai I played the Price course twice: http://www.princeville.com/prince_course.html

in Maui I played Kapalua Plantation, no intro needed here ::D...and then played the traditional Reese Jones Sr. Kanaapali Royal http://www.kaanapali-golf.com/kaanapali.as...1&page=2372

Played 4 times in 2 weeks...great trip and glad to be home!

Kindest regards, Shawnee

PS I bought the Club Glove stiff arm and just added the green travel belts for extra security, they are not included in the package

I'm off to Kauai in a few weeks and will just check them. I've checked them numerous times with no problems so I guess I'm due for something. But both options make me nervous. Wish I could carry them on.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

I've checked my clubs many times and have never had an issue. I have a pretty sturdy hard case travel bag and have had no issues. 248 bucks to ship clubs seems like an awful lot...I think I'd rather pay the extra 25 bucks each way to have them with me. Just my 2 cents

Bryan

Bryan totally understand, for myself I had a lot going on, so this service was invaluable with my wedding and way too much luggage as this was our honeymoon. I would of been dissapointed if I checked them and they did not arrive, really this was prolly THE major concern as clubs get stolen in transit everyday...

Kindest regards, Shawnee

Shawnee

Thanks for returning to your thread to give us all feedback on your experience.

I'm going to Hawaii in July and I'm debating shipping vs. taking clubs as checked-in baggage.

This thread has been very helpful and informative.

Cool glad I could help, and good for you on your trip over there and I hope that you enjoy yourelf, it was truly an amazing holiday for us.

Kindest regards, Shawnee

• 1 month later...
I've checked my clubs many times and have never had an issue. I have a pretty sturdy hard case travel bag and have had no issues. 248 bucks to ship clubs seems like an awful lot...I think I'd rather pay the extra 25 bucks each way to have them with me. Just my 2 cents

Bryan

You have to do what makes you comfortable.

I use FedEx to ship everything for vacation now. I don't have to check any baggage at all... I arrive at the airport with a carry on that has a change of underwear, a toothbrush and some reading material.

The packages are insured, I can be certain they have arrived prior to leaving and I have the peace of mind that they are insured and I can track them. You can call your hotel and they will arrange to store the stuff until you arrive (assuming you don't ask them to store it for a year).

I ship SCUBA gear, suitcases and golf gear without trouble. I have lost same on the airlines and they pay pennies on the dollar for your stuff and you never have your stuff or reimbursement for it while on vacation. With the airlines charging for this service now, I'd just as soon ship it via a reputable shipper.

• 4 months later...
You have to do what makes you comfortable.

I use FedEx to ship everything for vacation now. I don't have to check any baggage at all... I arrive at the airport with a carry on that has a change of underwear, a toothbrush and some reading material.

The packages are insured, I can be certain they have arrived prior to leaving and I have the peace of mind that they are insured and I can track them. You can call your hotel and they will arrange to store the stuff until you arrive (assuming you don't ask them to store it for a year).

I ship SCUBA gear, suitcases and golf gear without trouble. I have lost same on the airlines and they pay pennies on the dollar for your stuff and you never have your stuff or reimbursement for it while on vacation. With the airlines charging for this service now, I'd just as soon ship it via a reputable shipper.

Not to dredge up an old thread, but it's better than starting a new one, right?

I was just curious, about average, what does it cost you to ship your full bag using fedex or ups? I am possibly heading south at the end of this month, and it might be cheaper to ship them than get a cargo box for the roof of my car.

Thanks.