2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)

I think I will a glass of Booker's current batch (it changes throughout the year) with one cube.

haha well maybe save that for later as its 9:15 AM.....

coffee for me

I may have put a splash of corn in my coffee on the odd occasion, adds a touch of sweetness.

Also sorry I've bailed on confessions got lost and behind and couldn't catch up, lost my phone for about a week which hindered my WRX time.

Started putting crosshanded and actually like golf again now.

• Like 1

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Excitement yesterday. Draining the water heater. Like a grizzled plumbing vet. Pulled it off without a hitch. Unlike in Kodak where I learned that I had a grundfos recirculating pump - boy are those thing quiet until you run them dry for an hour - they announce their presence - $250 dollars later we again have instant hot water through out the house and a more experienced handyman. Also went into food coma after the Mac & cheese app and a couple IPAs at Crave. To seabiscuit for sea breeze and breakfast

I never thought I would hear 'grundfos' mentioned on a golf forum. They make some good pumps. It's definitely not good to run a centrifugal pump dry. I can't imagine the noise it made.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I smell what you're cookin' and I'm pulling up a seat so I can have a nibble or two. Pass me a Blanton's bourbon, a gin and tonic, or a Crown and Coke.

It's been a long week.

Here's a booth at our golf club's bar & grill, right beside the fish tank... that way the fish can tell you pretty much where to find your pond balls :)

I ain't drunk, gimme a shotsh n shoda

What you looking at, pal?

Oh man,check out the **** on the bartender.

Hey, where did everybody go?

Dude, maybe you should call 'Ralph' on the porcelain telephone. Or a cab.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

We had our annual booster scramble yesterday and had lots of fun. Finished -7 but of course that wasn't good enough haha. Three teams tied at 58.... But I hit some good shots. Opened up on a par 5 with a drive 260 right down the pipe to put my name on the long drive sheet. I knew it wouldn't last but the great thing about that par 5 is the landing area past 230 is pretty damn tight. There were only three names on it by the end (I was second as we were the second group to tee off on the first hole). But I had two shots that just made me (and my group) say holy shite haha. First was a second shot into a par 5 about 240 out. Hit three wood to get close since we had two safe shots about 100 and 150 out (one laid up before a big carry to a second fairway.) I hit it reall well and it went on the green! Bad thing was the group ahead was still there and they weren't too happy. I tried to explain that I normally cannot even think of hitting the 3 wood that far off the deck. They didn't want to hear it though. Oh well I tried. Then we had a long par 4 that no one hit a very good tee shot so we were left with 235 in. I again take a three wood as we have a shot about 60 yards out. Ripped it again and landed 15 feet from the hole haha. I have never hit the wood very well from the turf. It was awesome feeling :)

Forever Changing at this point.......

I think I will a glass of Booker's current batch (it changes throughout the year) with one cube.

coffee for me

I may have put a splash of corn in my coffee on the odd occasion, adds a touch of sweetness.

Also sorry I've bailed on confessions got lost and behind and couldn't catch up, lost my phone for about a week which hindered my WRX time.

Been putting left hand low for a while now (before Jordan spieth made it cool haha) and I have never had better results. The ball starts on my line and it helps me keep the putter head low so the ball rolls really smooth

coffee for me

Been putting left hand low for a while now (before Jordan spieth made it cool haha) and I have never had better results. The ball starts on my line and it helps me keep the putter head low so the ball rolls really smooth

I've fooled around with it in the past but dove right in two weeks ago and haven't putt better.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

Ahhh.... peace in the valley. It's a beautiful thing,

Gents - You have all restored faith. Not right now and not just yet... but the menu here at 'The Grille" is about to be revealed. So thank you 60 for teeing that one up!

I "think" I've worked up a menu that should make everyone's individual passions have a place. It may not be inside the same thread at the exact same time but THAT would be the trick to it. Stay tuned for more. If you're picking up what I'm dropping and can agree to the menu - we should ALL be good to go. Remember - the sea is large and there can be two ships riding along side by side - even a little dingy that will transport anyone interested back of forth at will on a 24/7 basis

Drinks of all flavors and levels of alcohol (and lack thereof) are on the house.

Stay tuned gang. You're all pretty fart smellers. You can probably see where this is heading and in the end no one need feel badly about their passions but all of us are gong to need to help serve what's on the menu.

As a former ax murderer (just that once) - I might have a little experience in burying the hatchet. But I'm going to need help.

Notice the big sign on the Grille Wall -

IF YOU PUKE HERE YOU HAVE TO CLEAN IT UP.

It can be done - maybe not inside the same singular exact thread - but it can be done boys. Help me do this! Ride the dingy all you want - both can be awesome rides and you are never excluded from one or the other - but they aren't serving exactly the same menu.

;)

A smooth Dark Appleton Estate Rum, in a sniffer glass, would be nice.

Hey, guys! :taunt:

You could write a book on what I don't know about booze. LMAO. So what exactly is Dark Appleton Estate Rum?

There just "may" have been a little Markers Mark bourbon I've occasionally sniffed. They say it puts hair on you belly! But I do believe it just relocates it form your head. (Rumor has it). LOL.

You good my friend? How's the wife?

Appleton Estate is a 250+ yrs rum producer, located in Jamaica. They make White, Golden and Dark Rum.

10-12 yr/o Dark Rum is made to be savored from a sniffer glass, like a good cognac. IMHO

Golden Rum is mixed for cocktails, like rum and coke and a gazillion other cocktails.

White Rum is also used in cocktails requiring light rum, the basic would be rum and 7up.

My wife has been better stabilized over the last 5 months, since I brought her to the hospital last September. That is until this May 2nd, when I witnessed a fainting spell, for the first time, across the room from me. In the past, whenever I heard that eerie thud, I always found her on lying her back.

Only this time, she fell forward, like a felled tree, face first. Twisted her glasses, a few scratches close to her eye. Checked her vitals, and rushed her to the hospital, by ambulance, for a scanner.

Since then, I go with her on her daily walk around the block. She thinks it's romantic, but she confessed that she insisted on going for a walk, to get away from ME, for 45 min. :rofl:

Golf, you ask? I've been to the range ~6 times, and I played the executive 11 hole course near by, three times. Then again, it's more golf than I've played in the last 4 years. I'm OK with it....Really!

Thank you for asking, it felt good to talk about it. :hi:

Felt a little squeamish asking to be honest - It's been a while since you fully downloaded about it. So glad she and you are all on such clear pathways amid it all. And you can rest assured - holding those cards or playing them right out loud is good - either way. If you happen to notice it's time to say it - or rather imagine it's not the best time to do so -and that know the options to speak of it (or not) are there - then its a very VERY good thing for you and us. Always keeping a good thought for you, and her sir. You know that much.

Gents - You have all restored faith. Not right now and not just yet... but the menu here at 'The Grille" is about to be revealed. So thank you 60 for teeing that one up!

I "think" I've worked up a menu that should make everyone's individual passions have a place. It may not be inside the same thread at the exact same time but THAT would be the trick to it. Stay tuned for more. If you're picking up what I'm dropping and can agree to the menu - we should ALL be good to go. Remember - the sea is large and there can be two ships riding along side by side - even a little dingy that will transport anyone interested back of forth at will on a 24/7 basis

;)

Love it... I'm so ditzy today from my wife bringing me early to work ( 5:00 A.M.) from having that last seizure and not being allowed to drive for a while, that I actually left clicked on your

everyone's individual passions statement... ha.. I swear, if you had posted it in blue ----> everyone's individual passions I would still be clicking on it.. :) I think I need to be put on the dingy now...

So Reasy gave me this to post for your approval... Grille Menu

well, maybe he didn't :blush:

At the beach fishing and not catching much except some glimpses of ladies in what are considered bathing suits these days Oh lawd

Pops - You ever catch a baby shark surf fishing? LOL I did once - during vacation to Sea Island many moons ago. Little guy about 8 to 10" long. That means Mama was out there somewhere!

;)

Love it... I'm so ditzy today from my wife bringing me early to work ( 5:00 A.M.) from having that last seizure and not being allowed to drive for a while, that I actually left clicked on your

everyone's individual passions statement... ha.. I swear, if you had posted it in blue ----> everyone's individual passions I would still be clicking on it.. :) I think I need to be put on the dingy now...

You magnificent character - Don't you realize it was your absence - your return - your posts the other night - that inspired this stuff?

The first item on the menu should be named the "60 Special".

It's the content of your choice sandwiched between two slices of the loaves of never leaving this planet like your stepfather did.

YOU inspired this plan fella whether your medicated arse realizes it or not. Ride that dingy. Cool stuff to enjoy on both boats. No one dies your stepfather's death.

Y'all are making me hungry!

And a little of Thug's Coastal Pinot Noir or even some old Robert Mondavi

Cabernet Sauvignon. Though I may get tacky and eat some Snyders cheese

covered pretzel bits with it, lol.

Nice round Felleheen! Don't let all these rounds in the 70s around here scare

you. I consider a round below 85 a round well done for my game. MC will find

out next month when he can watch me hack it around Kenny Perry's place.

Nice shots Papa! Anytime you can knock a FW on the green from long range

on a par 5 is golden. And one of 'em to 15ft! Awesome!

At the beach fishing and not catching much except some glimpses of ladies in what are considered bathing suits these days �� Oh lawd

Pops - You ever catch a baby shark surf fishing? LOL I did once - during vacation to Sea Island many moons ago. Little guy about 8 to 10" long. That means Mama was out there somewhere!

;)

You magnificent character - Don't you realize it was your absence - your return - your posts the other night - that inspired this stuff?

The first item on the menu should be named the "60 Special".

It's the content of your choice sandwiched between two slices of the loaves of never leaving this planet like your stepfather did.

YOU inspired this plan fella whether your medicated arse realizes it or not. Ride that dingy. Cool stuff to enjoy on both boats. No one dies your stepfather's death.

That's all I've caught today haha. Two babies about 6-10 inches. You don't have to worry about momma. Sharks are pretty self reliant shortly after birth (at least from what I know/been told) damn things are pest haha. I hate catching sharks

We had our annual booster scramble yesterday and had lots of fun. Finished -7 but of course that wasn't good enough haha. Three teams tied at 58.... But I hit some good shots. Opened up on a par 5 with a drive 260 right down the pipe to put my name on the long drive sheet. I knew it wouldn't last but the great thing about that par 5 is the landing area past 230 is pretty damn tight. There were only three names on it by the end (I was second as we were the second group to tee off on the first hole). But I had two shots that just made me (and my group) say holy shite haha. First was a second shot into a par 5 about 240 out. Hit three wood to get close since we had two safe shots about 100 and 150 out (one laid up before a big carry to a second fairway.) I hit it reall well and it went on the green! Bad thing was the group ahead was still there and they weren't too happy. I tried to explain that I normally cannot even think of hitting the 3 wood that far off the deck. They didn't want to hear it though. Oh well I tried. Then we had a long par 4 that no one hit a very good tee shot so we were left with 235 in. I again take a three wood as we have a shot about 60 yards out. Ripped it again and landed 15 feet from the hole haha. I have never hit the wood very well from the turf. It was awesome feeling :)

If you never hit those "holy shite" shots, :yess: how else do you intend to add them to your course management? :taunt:

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Well, my favorite holes are par 5s that dogleg around water. Love 'em.

You can play safe or if you're having a good day with the big dog you can

grow a set and carry as much water as you dare and try and get home in 2.

I always love "heroic" holes cause I tend to like trying to pull off hero shots, lol.

I like to sit in the 19th and watch dudes try and be heroic. Yeah pour me another bro.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Well, my favorite holes are par 5s that dogleg around water. Love 'em.

You can play safe or if you're having a good day with the big dog you can

grow a set and carry as much water as you dare and try and get home in 2.

I always love "heroic" holes cause I tend to like trying to pull off hero shots, lol.

I like to sit in the 19th and watch dudes try and be heroic. Yeah pour me another bro.

You know the motto bro....."I didn't come here to lay up!" LOL

Though I could save 10 strokes per round if they installed yellow caution lights on each tee box.

Strolled down the beach at isle of palms after breakfast. Have a sign with a legend for beach warnings. At the bottom was sea pests. Is this what beach resort communities now call sharks? Never noticed these before.

You guys passing around some mushrooms? LOL

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

For some golfers - the fellowship of this sport is a huge reason for playing it. That old clubhouse grille sort of atmosphere comes to mind. It can be the kind of energy where folks would prefer keeping it very positive and enjoyable for everyone's sake.

It's not the brand of banter for everyone - can be boring and almost pointless I suppose. But was wondering if a little grille room convo in the spirit of sincere fellowship with other golfers has online legs?

I am here and I agree 100% and I think I have said it many times before you guys remind me of a bunch sitting around the grill room or the old gang hanging around the club shop on Saturday when it was real cold or raining outside.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Ok - now more about this whole dingy business and to cut through the parallels and inferences....

We have come a LONG way guys. Lets agree (PLEASE) to do the deep diving aboard the good ship Exploding Heads. She a good ship and is the legacy of many before her. From her decks deep detailed "stuff" of any kind can occur 24/7. Make no mistake about it - Yours truly who can rant day and night about swings - I also need to board the dingy and ride to her decks for such things. Physician - heal thyself.

Geez this gang is thirsty! No puking!. lol You've got to clean up your own mess if you do!

For some golfers - the fellowship of this sport is a huge reason for playing it. That old clubhouse grille sort of atmosphere comes to mind. It can be the kind of energy where folks would prefer keeping it very positive and enjoyable for everyone's sake.

It's not the brand of banter for everyone - can be boring and almost pointless I suppose. But was wondering if a little grille room convo in the spirit of sincere fellowship with other golfers has online legs?

I am here and I agree 100% and I think I have said it many times before you guys remind me of a bunch sitting around the grill room or the old gang hanging around the club shop on Saturday when it was real cold or raining outside.

Man its good to hear your voice. Thought we'd lost you. Btw - I've been snooping thrift stores - and not a ton of luck really. But I have noticed some consignment shops here and there have some little gems at a good price - sometimes and in some places.

You guys rub off on me way too much - lol. Pops has me longing to surf fish - Stu's got me scouring thrift stores - MDG had me playing putt-putt last year - and NOW - Scotee has me wanting to get a new gold grill. PD and Rad have me swinging MacGregors and swapping out shafts.

Please - no one out there go buy PXGs. LOL

I smell what you're cookin' and I'm pulling up a seat so I can have a nibble or two. Pass me a Blanton's bourbon, a gin and tonic, or a Crown and Coke.

It's been a long week.

I'll partake in any of those, tho I think I'm partial to Four Roses Single over Blantons for the money (but blantons is my #2 I think)

I will add Four Roses to my 'must try' list. Discovered Blanton's when my mother purchased me two bottles for my 35th birthday. "Just in case I wanted to share with friends". She recalled that I had shared scotch with a few friends occasionally and thought bourbon was the same. I was happy that she had no clue what she was talking about. I also don't mind Elijah Craig.

As much as I used to drink I had never drank Scotch until about 10 years ago. A friend of ours she and her husband opened up a little bar and she drank Scotch and Soda. I mentioned the fact and she said "your're kidding right" nope I told her. She said "let me buy you your first" She drank Dewar's and she had her husband mix me one just like hers. It was ok. Of course I hardly drink at all now no hard stuff ever I will drink a Yeungling beer every now and then or a PBR but like I said 1 every now and then.

Now I will make one exception and it is one of the screwey things on my bucket list. I always liked Colin Montgomerie for some reason and stuck up for him when others picked on him. I did write him a letter one time and told him that this was one American who pulled for him and if we met up it would be my honor to buy him a Johnnie Walker Scotch. This was 10 or 12 years ago and he actually wrote me back and said thanks that it was a deal if we ever met. I have the letter somewhere in my stuff

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

coffee for me

I've been putting crosshanded since before the dawn of man. Okay well how about longer than a couple guys here are old. Left handed play right and putting righty my left shoulder always felt like it was up around my ear. Crosshanded changed all of that. More comfortable, even shoulders, and much better stoke.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Man I posted before I ordered.

Reuben, extra kraut. Triple order fries just salt. And pitcher of Tequila w/ Mr.&Mrs. T's mix. three dozen ice cubes. And yes I have my own personal designer seat belt.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)