Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)

Well, my favorite holes are par 5s that dogleg around water. Love 'em.

You can play safe or if you're having a good day with the big dog you can

grow a set and carry as much water as you dare and try and get home in 2.

I always love "heroic" holes cause I tend to like trying to pull off hero shots, lol.

I like to sit in the 19th and watch dudes try and be heroic. Yeah pour me another bro.

You know the motto bro....."I didn't come here to lay up!" LOL

Though I could save 10 strokes per round if they installed yellow caution lights on each tee box.

Yeah but I came here to lay around bro lol.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Sitting in the dentist office thinking about putting left hand low.

I'd like to order three cheese spinach dip and nachos as my appetizer. I'll chase the nachos down with a small order of wings

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Strolled down the beach at isle of palms after breakfast. Have a sign with a legend for beach warnings. At the bottom was sea pests. Is this what beach resort communities now call sharks? Never noticed these before.

You guys passing around some mushrooms? LOL

I see that sign all the time and always wonder what they mean when they decide to fly that color flag.... jellyfish maybe?

Forever Changing at this point.......

I always love "heroic" holes cause I tend to like trying to pull off hero shots, lol.

I like to sit in the 19th and watch dudes try and be heroic. Yeah pour me another bro.

Though I could save 10 strokes per round if they installed yellow caution lights on each tee box.

There'll be time enough for layin'.........when the playin's done.......Kenny Rogers

Hey Fella speaking of finds I found this on the pile today along with 6 POS clubs that had Lamkin Classic Wraps on them in good shape I am going to pull those grips tonight or tomorrow. The putter is a Yonex Super ADX Tour Forged with a Yonex Graphite shaft. It is an 8802 style Mickleson used one for years of course bassackwards style (sorry Pigs). If it had been a leftie I would have gotten it any how and given it to one of you lefties for sure. It is storming outside so I am limited to rolling it in the house. LOL I do not have carpet in my house my floors are bare bones wood style because in 4 years we have not decided on a floor covering. But Red Neck engineering comes in. I have a putting thing that has Astro Turf and a little cup so I got that out and this putter has outstanding feel. Of course it is after all JDM forged. And surprise surprise it feels balanced like it is and I do not think any lead tape is needed.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

There'll be time enough for layin'.........when the playin's done.......Kenny Rogers

Ahhh Kenny the poster boy for not getting face lifts.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Hey, who's the blonde by the window? Looks like a really nice girl.

4988545_orig_rtwnet.jpg

She's just tryin' to decide if she wants to order a seafood appetizer... the small double anchovy, double garlic (makes her unapproachable) no cheese, no sauce pizza (which we all love) or just munch on the large fritos, double stuffed with caviar and M&M's... either one brings out that mystery smile... she knows the real menu hasn't been published yet, but she has a certain amount of unseen haste in her patience...

I'm having a dozen wings to start. And a red ale

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

Strolled down the beach at isle of palms after breakfast. Have a sign with a legend for beach warnings. At the bottom was sea pests. Is this what beach resort communities now call sharks? Never noticed these before.

You guys passing around some mushrooms? LOL

I see that sign all the time and always wonder what they mean when they decide to fly that color flag.... jellyfish maybe?

LOL PJ you know where Surfside Beach is their city emblem that is on their Ambulances part of it has a Jelly Fish on it--- I am like --- what kind of a dumb arse though that one up? It is like OMG they are promoting they have jelly fish! :cheesy:

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Evening' chaps. I've got a bit of catching up to do, but I'm looking forward chewing the fat with you all in the clubhouse grille (I'll also be doing that literally tonight, as a nice fatty steak is on the dinner menu). :)

Reasy, thanks for taking the time to create this very tastefully decorated new meeting place.

Well Carolina air backed out of the maintenance app on Monday - swamped with repairs do folks with no ac. Go home Monday. Doing a 12 quilt store trip in easy tern tn. $100 gift cert at each store is online rhe line - assuming we visit them all and win the drawing. But then I get the open at oakmont. So a little golf take a hit just when I'm really starting to hit it - consistency needs work but that is just more play. Was 5 yds off a 494 hole driver 6i. Hit a 260 3w. Exceeding expectations - pinch me. If I could hit the postage stamps for greens I'd be in business. Seeking wxr length as an old fart. Firm and fast doesn't hurt. Nothing but tight lies.

Bad accident on the rAvenel bridge bridge

3 cars. Little kids. Took an hour to get over. Hope no one died but did not look good

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

Best clubhouse. Actually my buddies course. Stonebridge in Aurora il. Cool men's only man cave. Many a brew had in victory or defeat in our last 12 Ryder cups. Matches stand 6-6.

Worst in fon dulac whisky. Was actually a double wide trailer. But the course was fun

Enjoy every sandwich

#Kwonified

Yeah, Reasy, can I get a menu? It's early and I was wondering what you serve for breakfast... I'm sitting here at work, just got in to my office, but wishing I was going to the Memorial Tournament today, which is about 45 minutes away.

I've always wondered scotee, ok, not recently like this week, so I've wondered twice and not lately, what happens to the gold teeth of people who die? Before they close up the casket I wonder (this will be three times now) does maybe one guy look at the other and say "hey, Fred, what about the teeth, I mean... I wonder what they're worth- we could, you know, take them?".. "I don't know Cecil, I can call my dentist and find out..." do you get a lot of calls like that.. maybe one.....................or never? :)

Good questions Sixty. No I have never been asked to extract gold from anyone’s dead relative. I had a classmate in Dental school that had an undertaker cousin back in the 70’s that he claimed had a mayonnaise jar full of gold crowns. I think today that is frowned upon. I remove teeth with gold crowns and remove gold crowns that need to be replaced all the time. I always ask the patient if they want it. Scrap gold is not worth what you might think as it has to be reprocessed unless you want to use it for making jewelry which I have done. I made my bro in law’s wedding ring. My gold regret is not taking out more student loan money and buying a pile of gold at $32 an ounce.

Also found this:

http://www.neptunesociety.com/cremation-information-articles/important-facts-about-gold-teeth-removal-and-cremation

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Peaking around the partially opened door, seeing if its "safe" to enter. Thx for the invite Conrad.

Played my customary mid-week round yesterday with the usual suspects. Course not particularly long at 6022 yards, but a number of narrow driving holes and well bunkered, challenging greens make it a good test of golf. Especially given my skill set. Opened with three pars. Thinking this was going to be my day. Can't remember, if ever, starting thusly. Then got a little sloppy. Trying to swing to hard, losing tempo, careless shot selection. The game has a way of penalizing one if they become over confident in their approach. Promptly carded a 7 and two 6's in a three hole stretch.

But managed to par the 9th hole, the #1 handicap hole on the course. Downhill drive, slight dog leg left, a green protected with a lake on the right (that I'm often in) and a stream in front and traps left. Drive was just OK, leaving a difficult 200 yard'er over the stream. Decided to lay up, because it was a 1/10 chance of carrying the stream and not in up the lake. Layup to 75 yards where I stiffed a SW to 4' and made the putt. Smart. Ended up with a 44, even with the substandard mid-side play.

The second nine starts with a par 5. Uphill off the tee, then downhill with a pond 100 yards out from the green. To much for me to carry, so always a layup just before the water. A not so good E wedge to just off the green a less than stellar chip and two putts for a bogey 6. But satisfied with that given its not a easy hole. Next is a 170'ish par 3 that I bunkered left. A tip-top SW to 5', perfect position straight up slope putt which was holed. So par and a 'sandy'. With confidence and game building, got on a run of par and bogey (a result of several missed putts) golf.

I don't have many GIR's these days, so the short game skill set is needed to play well. Pitching and chipping was spot on the back nine, allowing to make and/or save par. Ended with a birdie on 18, holing a 35' putt from across the green. Carded a 40 (+4) for the second nine, which is a very respectable score for my golf capabilities. Actually, the best nine holes of golf that I can remember ever playing. And very satisfying given the difficulty of the holes played. So a 84 overall and a round that I was reasonably satisfied with. But setting in the clubhouse with a burger and a beer after, the mind wandered to the half dozen or so shots that would best be described as 'stupid'. Throwing away shots and costing me the opportunity to maybe break 80 for the first time ever. The curse of being a average golfer, always lamenting the "should of, could of" that prevents one from posting a really superior round.

But all signs are trending in the right direction. The swing is serviceable and repeatable, course management is getting better and the heretofore bulky putter is rediscovering its mojo. With high anticipation do I await my next opportunity to venture forth.

Enough with the verbosity about my round. In celebration of the opening of the Clubhouse Grille (and I did after several fermented beverages post round):

[media=]

[/media]

Sounds very good Fella, I do the lamenting too with the coulda, shoulda, etc. but I guess the best thing is just to think of the positive parts of your game. Sounds like you are getting it together well, plus it's early in the season.

Hey, if y'all remember when my golf club burned down last year, they rebuilt, and had their grand re-opening over the Memorial Day Weekend. It has a wonderful clubhouse, and a nice restaurant/grill much like this new Clubhouse Grille right here.. :)

Glad you got your clubhouse back. I played with friends at Walla Walla (yeah they liked it so well they named it twice) Country Club. The best thing that happened was losing their old clubhouse to a fire. They have a marvelous new one now.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Bad accident on the rAvenel bridge bridge

3 cars. Little kids. Took an hour to get over. Hope no one died but did not look good

Doesn't sound at all good. Echo the sentiment for those involved.

http://www.postandco...wn-due-to-crash

For folks who didn't know - that bridge is rather amazing - the place of many events even including an annul running event my son and daughter do along with folks from all over the world.

The old Cooper River Bridge was the where several movie scenes had been shot over the years and had become this rickety and rusty mess. When they blew her butt up, the scrap metal was fished out of the water for recycling in China as I recall it.

Scotee - Until now it never actually occurred to me what happens when it comes to the deceased

Wolf - Steak sounds good! Hand the menu to Scotee when done and let's chow-down.

Yeah, Reasy, can I get a menu? It's early and I was wondering what you serve for breakfast... I'm sitting here at work, just got in to my office, but wishing I was going to the Memorial Tournament today, which is about 45 minutes away.

I've always wondered scotee, ok, not recently like this week, so I've wondered twice and not lately, what happens to the gold teeth of people who die? Before they close up the casket I wonder (this will be three times now) does maybe one guy look at the other and say "hey, Fred, what about the teeth, I mean... I wonder what they're worth- we could, you know, take them?".. "I don't know Cecil, I can call my dentist and find out..." do you get a lot of calls like that.. maybe one.....................or never? :)

Good questions Sixty. No I have never been asked to extract gold from anyone’s dead relative. I had a classmate in Dental school that had an undertaker cousin back in the 70’s that he claimed had a mayonnaise jar full of gold crowns. I think today that is frowned upon. I remove teeth with gold crowns and remove gold crowns that need to be replaced all the time. I always ask the patient if they want it. Scrap gold is not worth what you might think as it has to be reprocessed unless you want to use it for making jewelry which I have done. I made my bro in law’s wedding ring. My gold regret is not taking out more student loan money and buying a pile of gold at $32 an ounce.

Also found this:

http://www.neptuneso...l-and-cremation

Wow, a mayonnaise jar full of dead people's crowns... Hellman's? :) yeah, gold at $32 an ounce, wonder what they will be saying 40 plus years from now? Man, if I had only salvaged those old car tires that people were trying to get rid of 40 years ago, I'd be worth billions...now, they're worth $1800 apiece easy...

Maybe thanks to your dental school classmate, we can put Golden Crown Onion Rings on the menu, oh yeah

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Webster-I-P-C-Golf-36-Putter-Unisex-Very-Unusual-Vintage-RARE-/152103483645?hash=item236a12f8fd:g:AuEAAOSwve5XNhy4

Gotta love the comments at the bottom...."Don't know if it's right handed, left-handed or both."

I'm not even sure its a putter. Might just be some sort of scrap metal with a shaft-sized hole in it ???

after a round of golf i drink either light beers (i'm a bud light guy) or a spiced rum and coke. I know those sound pretty un-manly. But it is what it is....

At home or if i'm out for a friday night post-work drink i go with the Bourbon Manhattan

We have a pretty nice clubhouse. Not spectacular....but there's a balcony overlooking the 10th and 18th holes....it's solid.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Just finishing my chicken wings (a mix of honey garlic and mild sauce) and the Muppets are playing on the big screen in the corner.

It's good to be 'together again, again'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fzU2qMECDY

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

I'd like to order three cheese spinach dip and nachos as my appetizer. I'll chase the nachos down with a small order of wings

I make the greatest nachos in the world. It's not a joke. They are literally the greatest in the world. I can provide several references

It's nothing too fancy. But it's the combination of homemade salsa my wife makes, with sea salt nachos i buy. Then i cook beef with guinness sauce and use 3 different kinds of cheese (cheddar, jalapeno monterey jack and mozzarela) and green onions

Guinness beef nachos....they are better than any i've ever eaten at a restaurant.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

http://www.ebay.com/...uEAAOSwve5XNhy4

Gotta love the comments at the bottom...."Don't know if it's right handed, left-handed or both."

I'm not even sure its a putter. Might just be some sort of scrap metal with a shaft-sized hole in it ???

I love the line:

"This club is ready to play". LOL. It's probably been ready to play for the last 40 years, and is still yet to see daylight.

after a round of golf i drink either light beers (i'm a bud light guy) or a spiced rum and coke. I know those sound pretty un-manly. But it is what it is....

At home or if i'm out for a friday night post-work drink i go with the Bourbon Manhattan

We have a pretty nice clubhouse. Not spectacular....but there's a balcony overlooking the 10th and 18th holes....it's solid.

I often order a rum and coke and let the server surprise me. I do like when he/she 'spices' up the drink.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

I make the greatest nachos in the world. It's not a joke. They are literally the greatest in the world. I can provide several references

It's nothing too fancy. But it's the combination of homemade salsa my wife makes, with sea salt nachos i buy. Then i cook beef with guinness sauce and use 3 different kinds of cheese (cheddar, jalapeno monterey jack and mozzarela) and green onions

Guinness beef nachos....they are better than any i've ever eaten at a restaurant.

Can I order these as an appetizer before my burger comes up? And bring me a Bud Light, please. I gotta work in an hour but a beer would sure wash the nachos splendidly.

Haha....splendidly. Hey Mr Wolf, does splendidly sound English? ;)

Stu, nice find on the Yonex Super Adx putter and the Classic Perma Wraps. Always one of my favorite grips, especially for classic clubs. Bought a doz year or so ago that I've been hoarding for use with just the right sticks (usually persimmon woods). I see that Lamkin has reintroduced the Perma Wrap Classics on their website. Made with "rubber compound" even has the old school Lamkin script. The synthetic ACE version they had was crap. Wore like a Winn and slippery in any type of moisture.

As a man of simple tastes, the mark of a quality grille is how well they prepare a proper burger. The meat should be freshly ground (NEVER frozen) from quality beef and hand formed to a 1/2 lb. size. The patty should be cooked on a well seasoned flat top cooking grill. Not charbroiled or anything of that nature. Cooked to a ever so slightly pink medium wellness. The cheese should be a well aged medium sharp cheddar and should be generous enough in amount to have a proper melt over the entire circumference of the patty. The bun (not pretzel, onion kaiser, etc.) should be freshly baked and from a local Italian bakery that knows how to make a proper burger bun. The bun shall be ever so slightly steamed to soften the texture. The burger, once cooked shall be slightly larger than the bun itself, never smaller. With the cheese now cascading down the side of the patty on full display. Per my preference, a side of lightly saluted Vidalia onion will be placed on top of the burger. The only condiment to be used is a light coating of a premium mayonnaise on the bun. Sides shall be a McClure kosher dill pickle spear and a generous helping of a Better Made potato chips. Pretty simple really, but very difficult to find the correct execution.

The grille shall have a reasonable assortment of craft beers on tap. As a IPA fan, this begins and ends with either a Bell's Two Hearted or a Founder's Centennial. Life at the 19th hole Clubhouse Grille is good as we, in good cheer, rehash and replay our rounds. And transference of funds based on the day's outcomes, preferably from your pocket to mine.

And one last thing for the grille. It must be open to all genders. Sorry Gents! But I'm out of there if the populace is solely comprised of a bunch of middle age (or older) men in loud golf apparel ruminating on their game. Or worse. Egads!! Golf gals in fashionable shorts and knit tops are the much preferred form of "scenery" and should be welcomed and encouraged to partake.

<Of course this begins with the Mrs. Especially if someone should happen to point out this random musing to her.>

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***)