2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Titleist 906F2

Gxgolfer

the 906f2 is so deep and so accurate and so easy to hit its not funny. one thing about the v2 85-s i must say is that the butt is a bit too soft for me. i will be reshafting it soon with a fuji tour platform 27.5x or a v2 85x (probably tip it at the butt 1/2 inch).. i think that titliest did a phenominal job with this fairway wood.. im glad that they were able to come up with another good head.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how the new 906F4 will perform compared to this 906F2 ?

The 906F4 will be more shallow faced thus better off the deck, but probably not so good off the tee.

I might buy a 906F2 13° 3+ wood for use off the tee and a 906F4 15.5° 4+ wood for use off the deck.

Wouldn't this be an optimal wood setup ?

• 1 month later...

Well this is my second run in with this three wood. The longest 3 wood by about 20 yds for me I hit is about 255 off the deck 270 off the tee. This is the Best three wood for me by far. I have hit it in the nv it was ok. I have hit it in the v2 better. Now I have hit it in the epic fw s tipped 3/4 I believe to play as an sx. This thing is unbelievably predictable. I can still shape it. Hit is high hit it low. This shaft combo really fits me and really makes this club.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

906F2 15* w/ Fuji ZCOM Pro 95 Stiff. I've seen a lot of guys using the V2 and I'm sure it's a good shaft. However, for me the Fuji has SO much feel and is so smooth. I've got a Adams 14.5* 4060 Tour Proto w/ Diamana BB 73 Stiff, and it is no longer in the bag ( and would sell ).
My experience has been, it is a very forgiving club, but in order to get "That Feeling" it is a small sweet spot, but when you hit it you know it and the ball just rises and goes. I have no intention of loosing this club anytime in the near or distant future. AS a matter of fact, I'm looking at putting my 905R 10.5* back in when I find the right Fuji for it, maybe a 671 TE Tour Spec which is what I have in a TM, again, feel and smoooooth.

[quote name='jimmyv1x' post='815271' date='Dec 6 2007, 11:54 PM']906F2 15* w/ Fuji ZCOM Pro 95 Stiff. I've seen a lot of guys using the V2 and I'm sure it's a good shaft. However, for me the Fuji has SO much feel and is so smooth. I've got a Adams 14.5* 4060 Tour Proto w/ Diamana BB 73 Stiff, and it is no longer in the bag ( and would sell ).
My experience has been, it is a very forgiving club, but in order to get "That Feeling" it is a small sweet spot, but when you hit it you know it and the ball just rises and goes. I have no intention of loosing this club anytime in the near or distant future. AS a matter of fact, I'm looking at putting my 905R 10.5* back in when I find the right Fuji for it, maybe a 671 TE Tour Spec which is what I have in a TM, again, feel and smoooooth.[/quote]

Jimmy, how's the sweetspot / forgiveness compared to the newer 906F4?

Thanks.

[quote name='iyan7' post='815298' date='Dec 7 2007, 07:58 AM'][quote name='jimmyv1x' post='815271' date='Dec 6 2007, 11:54 PM']906F2 15* w/ Fuji ZCOM Pro 95 Stiff. I've seen a lot of guys using the V2 and I'm sure it's a good shaft. However, for me the Fuji has SO much feel and is so smooth. I've got a Adams 14.5* 4060 Tour Proto w/ Diamana BB 73 Stiff, and it is no longer in the bag ( and would sell ).
My experience has been, it is a very forgiving club, but in order to get "That Feeling" it is a small sweet spot, but when you hit it you know it and the ball just rises and goes. I have no intention of loosing this club anytime in the near or distant future. AS a matter of fact, I'm looking at putting my 905R 10.5* back in when I find the right Fuji for it, maybe a 671 TE Tour Spec which is what I have in a TM, again, feel and smoooooth.[/quote]

Thanks.
[/quote]

I owned both, until they got stolen last week :partytime2:

The F2 has a slightly smaller swetspot then the F4 in my view, but both are great woods and pretty forgiving in my view.
The F2 clearly has a more deep faced head, which for me works better off the tee, while the F4 has a more shallow face, which works better off the deck for me.

The F4 however can work great off the tee, if I just tee the ball lower like on an iron shot off the tee :russian_roulette:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Aldila 75S fairway-

worst.

shaft.

ever.

It was the only one i could find in these parts, so im going to put my V2 in it from my hiBore and see if i have more consistent results.

so far, high launching that deff goes left. and not long as a result. I hope the shaft change will improve things. Will report back after the switch.

Yeah, I was turned off from this club originally when I tried it out at the Golf Galaxy with the 75s. It was hitting WAYYYY too high and all over the place. It was largely the reason I ended up with the Ping G10. Gonna try it out sometime soon with a V2 and hope for better results. Always have been attracted to Titleist, just never really had the right opporunity i guess.

Pete

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

906F2 15* w/ Fuji ZCOM Pro 95 Stiff. I've seen a lot of guys using the V2 and I'm sure it's a good shaft. However, for me the Fuji has SO much feel and is so smooth. I've got a Adams 14.5* 4060 Tour Proto w/ Diamana BB 73 Stiff, and it is no longer in the bag ( and would sell ).

My experience has been, it is a very forgiving club, but in order to get "That Feeling" it is a small sweet spot, but when you hit it you know it and the ball just rises and goes. I have no intention of loosing this club anytime in the near or distant future. AS a matter of fact, I'm looking at putting my 905R 10.5* back in when I find the right Fuji for it, maybe a 671 TE Tour Spec which is what I have in a TM, again, feel and smoooooth.

Thanks.

I owned both, until they got stolen last week :D

The F2 has a slightly smaller swetspot then the F4 in my view, but both are great woods and pretty forgiving in my view.

The F2 clearly has a more deep faced head, which for me works better off the tee, while the F4 has a more shallow face, which works better off the deck for me.

The F4 however can work great off the tee, if I just tee the ball lower like on an iron shot off the tee :)

Sorry for the late reply and sorry to hear they were stolen.

But hey, I got the 906F4 based on your input, so thanks.

Cheers!

Tried out teh 906f2 again after having mediocre results before. This time I tried it out with the V2 instead of hte NV. Worlds apart. I love the V2 with this club, was consistently hitting it with a nice fade on the 15*. To make things better, it was only 99 bucks on the used rack. Especially love how this feels off the deck.

Pete

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

• 5 months later...

I've had the F2 for a month and have hit great shot after great shot. I like the NV shaft and the ball just jumps off the face compared to my 980F. I tried the F4 but didn't like them. The F2 is so reliable off the tee and the deck and are very cheap right now. If you can't wait for the 909's these are great. :clapping:

I have the 906F2 15deg with 85g V2 X and it is long and straight! Extremely easy to hit. had the 904F 15deg with Speeder S before but that was prone to giving me big draws/hooks because of the draw biased. Shaft was probably wasnt suited to me as well after I started to play more and SS increased. Love the 906F2 because it sits so square and the shaft is great since I use 85g V2 X in my D2. This combination to me anyway, is great for the tee and the fairway. Easy 260-270 yards.

All I need now is a club to fit between the 3I and this club. Currently using 585.H in 19deg but looking to get the 17deg instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anyone buy this club with the 4375 shaft and then switch to the Proforce V2? If so, what stiffness were they, what is your driver swing speed and what were the results of the change?

Reason I ask: I have a swing speed of 105 with my driver and typically use S-Flex shafts. For me the F2 with 4375 R-Flex shaft is the longest 3-wood I have ever hit and very straight. Despite the low, penetrating ball flight, I can hit it off the deck fairly well - when on the sweet spot 245 yards (a bit longer off a tee) and around 20 yards of it is on the ground (run-out). The only issue is that sometimes I'm looking for some height and a softer landing. And I don't want to give up distance nor accuracy - I want it all, darn it! If I try to get the ball high in the air off the deck I find myself trying to use a more vertical swing, often with disastrous, chili-dip results. Or if I'm trying to cut the dogleg over a tree from the tee box I tee the ball just a touch higher - I now have sky marks on the crown (sheesh!).

So what say ye about me switching to a V2 R-Flex? Other recommendations from those who switched from the 4375 shaft?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...