GolfWRX Members Special Opportunity ***Ends 5pm EST Tomorrow*** to try New Footjoy SYNR-G Shoes!!!!

I want to start of by thanking GolfWRX and Footjoy for this opportunity. I started playing golf about a year ago and fell in love with it ever since. Over that short period of time, I have only had the opportunity to own one pair of Golf Shoes (Nike’s), but I am a shoe ho. I have about 30 pairs of all types of shoes from basketball to tennis to hiking boots to dress shoes. But seeing as I am a bigger guy, I put a different wear on my shoes. Sometimes I walk on the side of my foot. But if I were to be picked I would analyze and compare them to not only other golf shoes but to all types of shoes. I would again like to say thanks to GolfWRX and Footjoy for giving us this opportunity.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My case:

I wear nothing but Foot Joy. I am a schoolteacher and wear spikeless classics every day. I've also got some custom MyJoys (spikeless) and some casual walkers that I like very much. I'm guessing I have 12 pairs or more of Classics in the current rotation.

On the course, I wear Classic Dry Premieres or ReelFits, depending on the weather. I literally don't wear anything else.

I've been wearing Foot Joy since 1992, when I ordered my first pair of Classics. I pay close attention to the new technologies they have evolved and imbedded over the years, but have learned to trust the Foot Joy look and feel that spans their line.

In a related note, I play Titleist equipment exclusively, and have for years. As my signature indicates, I trust my entire game to Titleist and Foot Joy. I'd be honored to test the new SYNR-Gs and would gladly report results and a review for my fellow WRXers. A January trip to Tampa (including a stop at World Woods) will provide the perfect opportunity to begin an early buzz.

Thanks for considering me and my GolfWRX associates in this cool and unique contest. I am a loyal Foot Joy customer who looks forward to the opportunity to wear and review Foot Joys newest offering.

WW

After a long absence from the game, I am returning to the sport with a lot of enthusiasm. I am also admittedly carrying a few more pounds around the midsection than ideal. I've found that my current shoes (older, budget oriented) do not meet par for a round of walking. A round leaves my feet cramped, sweaty, and frequently blistered. Between my weight and natural walking stride of over-pronation, I need a shoe that has better comfort and stability. The SYNR-G's would be great for sustaining my game through the back 9. I'm Looking forward to trying out such a great looking shoe that already has proven Tour success.

fairly new to the game, only 3 years under my belt. i have tried roughly 10 shoe companies looking for something which could handle my severe arthritis in right hip/lower back problems. nothing so far has been able to make the game walkable for me as no shoe has provided the cushion/support which would allow me to walk.

i would love the chance to be able to try these shoes out and see if they would help.

One of my first purchases after graduating from college in 1997 was my first pair of golf shoes, a lovely pair of DryJoys. After two years, the "Intelli-gel" insoles had turned into "Intelli-pebbles" causing me much foot pain. After a non-satisfactory dealing with customer service I vowed to try other brands of shoes. Since then, I have tried both Nike and Hi-Tec shoes, but have not been overly impressed with either. This offseason, after much pleading, the budgetary comittee (aka my wife) has given me clearence to purchase a new pair of shoes. I was looking in the Adidas line as well as giving FootJoy another try. If purchasing off the shelf, I'm sure the SYNR-G line would come in over budget, but hell, if they were free that would make me as well as my wife extremely happy. I typically golf 3 times a week during the season and take two golf vacations during the offseason (this year it is a week in Aruba and a week in Orlando). I could give an honest review after the first few wearings as well as after I really wear them in throughout the season. Thanks for this oppotunity.

I have worn Adidas for the last three years and would love to see if FJ can win me back. I am the type of guy who is at the club at 7:00am and am in my shoes all day till I go home at 9:00pm or later I can give you a true test of the limits of these shoes, golf shoes should be able to stand up to the abuse and general daily wear that I throw at them, lets see if FJ is up to the task. Cheers.

I have flat feet......As a kid it was either Adidas or orthopedic shoes. As a result many thought I was spoiled as I wore Adidas most of the time (they were cheaper)....Because of the aformentioned problem I've always struggled with finding comfortable golf shoes as I much prefer walking the course whenever possible.....I would be very anxious to give these a try in my never-ending search for a bit of comfort...Thanks for the chance.

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

First of all thanks again to WRX for the great opportunity. You guys are always pulling off cool stuff.

So why do I need a new pair of footjoys? Because the political turmoil in Thailand prevented me from getting a new pair. I am not kidding. My old shoes shown below have over 5+ good years on them. Not terrible, but due for an upgrade. The fake alligator feels like like the real deal now. I live in a small town where I simply cannot find my size of any shoe, let alone golf shoes. So, my friend had planned a trip to come out to visit (not shoe related...) and I had worked out a day to be in a bigger city (Bangkok) and do some much needed golf shopping, including shoes. I was looking forward to it. Anyway, next thing I know protestors occupy both airports for a week and my friend can't get here and I can't go anywhere. Whole trip canceled. No shoes for me. So now everything is cleared up but I'm not going anywhere.

I could put the shoes through some good testing as golf is in full swing here and we hoof it every time. About 36 holes per week if I can. I love to try stuff out to improve my game and the new shoes out like the Footjoys, Hi-Tec, Nike, etc that claim to increase power and provide a stable platform are intriguing.

Ping G25 9.5 - Diamana D+
Ping G20 3h - Tour TFC
Ping Rapture J 3-PW w/ Rombax 115i
Ping G25 SW - CFS X
Ping G25 LW - CFS X
Odyssey Black Series #9

I'm new to golf. I actually need shoes at the moment as my current shoes (non footjoy) hurt my feet. I walk and do not ride carts. I feel I could be a good tester of shoes. I'm also a large guy. 6 ft. 275 lbs. So I could see how well shoes hold up and keep their comfort. I also have other friends starting to play golf that I could share my footjoy story with if I win.

Whether I win or not, this is a wonderful thing for footjoy to do !

Titleist 910 D3
Titleist 910f 3 wood
Titleist 910h 17*
Titleist 714 MB 6-PW, CB 3-5
Titleist sm5 52* F grind, 58* M grind
Piretti Cottonwood II

My current dryjoys are six seasons old. The soles are cracked. The morning dew leaks in. When the course is wet it feels like I'm standing in the puddles. The problem is, these have been the most comfortable shoes I've had over the years (golf and non golf) and I don't want to get a case of the what ifs by getting something second rate... What if the new shoes aren't as comfortable? Would I have slipped on that shot in my dryjoys? Would I have missed that putt? What if, what if, what if....

Bottom line... Why give up old reliable for anything better than the best? I think I need the best new shoe out there to make me say "there's no way I would've been able to pull that shot off in those leaky, cracked, old shoes. This shoe rules!" And then tell all my friends. I'm not gonna lie. Free is a bonus too.

As a walker, golf shoes are perhaps more important than any single club in your bag. You wear them for every shot you take and they provide the only interaction between the turf and yourself. They have to serve multiple purposes, cushion your step, support your foot and provide a stable base for your swing. Name a club that has that many duties.

I am in need of a new pair of treads but with the tightening of the wallet the purchase has been delayed. Every new acquisition requires more deliberation. I would be honored to try out the advanced Synr-G shoes from FJ to help others with their evaluation process.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Having posted 230 recorded handicap scores this year so far, and that's not including the numerous scramble events, I believe I would be a good candidate to test the shoes. I play in all types of weather during the year so they would be put through the mill. I've gone through 3 pair of Adidas 360 this year and would be very interested to see if they hold up to the rigorous schedule I play. I can give you my GHIn number to veryify the rounds and also my handicap has been as low as +1.5 during the year and a high of 2.7.

I am a high school golf coach who spends many hours on the course with the kids for very little pay. I have never asked for handouts (on or off the course) from anyone because I got into this profession for the love of teaching and with the understanding that I am a role model and I am here to try and make a difference in the lives of these young ladies and gentleman.

Driver- TM 510 Tour
4 Wood- Titleist 970 Silver 17
Irons- PGA Diamondback Blades (RAW) 2 (20)- PW (52)
Sand Wedge- Scratch Don White 56
Lob Wedge- Scratch Don White 60
Putter- Titleist Bullseye (Cameron WGC Special)
Ball- Titleist Tour Speed

I always have trouble finding a golf shoe that is comfortable for walking. I have large wide feet that are hard to fit. The Footjob SYNR-G's memory foam provides a custom fit that is the answer to my problem. The leather lining provides superior comfort, which I truly need. And the two-part forefoot flexibility channels constructed of TPU (thermoplastic urethane) produce unparalleled walking comfort for walkers like me. It seems as though Footjoy designed these shoes EXACTLY for a player like me. It seems only fitting that I should test them and provide Footjoy feedback on this wonderful new product.

TM Qi10 Max - Diamana T60
PXG Black Ops 4W, 7W - GD Tour AD VR-7

Titleist T350 5 - MMT95

Titleist T200 6-PW - MMT95

Titleist T150 GW - MMT105

Vokey- 54/12A, 58LBK
LAB Golf DF3
Titleist Pro V1

In the past I had gone through a pair of shoes per season. That is until i bought my first pair of FootJoys (DryJoys to be exact). What a difference. Have had them for three seasons now, but unfortunately they have just about seen their last day on the course. In the past my new shoes were agonizing for the first few weeks while I wore them in then were pretty solid for a few weeks until it seemed like they always started to break down. Either they started leaking (tried the warranty route but just ended up starting the whole cycle over again), spikes started pushing through the soles, or the insides just plain wore out and gave me blisters. The Dryjoys on the other hand took about two rounds to break in (and with no blister I might add), have never leaked, are still comfortable to walk 18 in, and are still as functional as the day i bought them. However, walking nine holes several days a week and at least 18 on the weekends in all kinds of weather (including snow) has finally started to make the outsoles look a tad worn. If the Dryjoys were that great a shoe I can only imagine what the SYNR-G's will be like.

If that isn't a good enough reason then I'll try to guilt my way to a win. I've entered just about every dang contest on this site since i joined last December and had a few close calls but have never won a thing (not even a crummy t-shirt). Remember the UST AXIV contest; well i actually found the picture before the guy who won but didn't realize that was the shaft DOH! :fool: , oh and can't foget that i've finished one place out the prizes in both seasons of the Fan Golf :angry22: . Hopefully the unlucky streak will soon end :clapping:

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

I am a Huge fan of FootJoy. I enjoy their innovative styling and durability. I have had my FootJoy E-Comforts for the past 2 seasons and they have travelled all around the country with me. I have seriously sanded off most of the spikes due to all of its usage. The reason I haven't moved on to a new set of Footjoys is because I am saving up for the irons upgrade. My wife tells me or actually pleads to me to get new shoes or wear longer wind pants to cover my "well worn" FJs.

Thanks for the opportunity FootJoy and Golf Wrx!

I walk an average of 4 rounds a week in all types of weather in southern Colorado. I've never been able to find a pair of golf shoes that were comfortable enough to keep my feet happy after 18 so I don't wear golf shoes. I wear athletic shoes and I go through at least 1 pair every 6 months. I know my scores probably could be better if my feet weren't slipping when I hit the ball. Some people who play golf buy new equipment hoping to save a few strokes. If I can save a few strokes, look great in my new shoes and keep my feet from hurting then I'd be a customer for a long time. Thanks

Why I need the SYNR-G....let's see....

You never close your eyes anymore when I lace these shoes.

And there's no timeliness when I swing in these shoes.

You're trying hard not to show it, (baby).

But baby, baby I know it...

You've lost that SYNR-gee' feeling,

Whoa, that rocking' feeling,

You've lost that SYNR-gee' feeling,

Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh.

Now there's no welcome look in my toes

when I reach for you.

And now your're starting to criticize little swings I do.

It makes me just feel like crying, (baby).

'Cause baby, something in you is dying.

You lost that SYNR-G feeling,

Whoa, that lovin' feeling,

You've lost that SYNR-G' feeling,

Now it's gone...gone...gone...woooooah

Baby, baby, I lost my swing cause of you.

If you would only love me like you used to do, yeah.

We had a love...a love...a SYNR-G you don't find everyday.

So don't...don't...don't...don't let it slip away.

Baby (baby), baby (baby),

I beg of you please...please,

I need your SYNR-G (I need your power),

I need your SYNR-G (I need your timing),

So bring it on back (So bring it on back),

Bring it on back (so bring it on back).

Bring back that SYNR-G feeling,

Whoa, that solid feeling

'Cause it's gone...gone...gone,

and I can't swing on,

noooo...

Whoa, that hugging' feeling

'Cause it's gone...gone...

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing