Yes! C-groove putters

Gxgolfer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a yes nicky i think it is the only model with a guy name?? but anyway i have been looking for a heel shafted flang putter for a long time and this is it i love this putter nother rolled the ball better. great feel and distance control, would like to get another yes just to try another style something in a long putter maybe.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

I'm one of those guys who sold my Scotty's and went to the Callie Forged.

Not trying to start any arguments - it just simply changed my putting for good.

Don't know why it worked - most likely all in the mind.

But I do love the feel of the manganese-bronze and the 355 weight.

And I will not be parting with it.

Setting the lie perfectly paralell to the green is critical but after that it's going

into the hole.

Would love to see some real world testing where they take all branding off of

an assortment of top flat sticks and see what people really think.

( believe me I did not want to buy this thing with the gaudy logo and gimicky

grooves but now I pull it out of the bag with pride and the certainty of confidence

knowing the internal damage I'm about to inflict on the rest of my foursome ).

• 1 month later...

K-low -

Yes I have an Amy. I was always a good putter as a kid, and came back to the game in my 40s. I used my original brass Acushnet Bullseye, and it just seemed hard to hit. I moved up to the Scotty Cameron version, the flanged bullseye from 2002, which was better, and a nice putter. I went to GolfMart, and tried every new putter just for kicks. Most were OK, but not much better than my Cameron. Than I spied the Amy....What a simple little weird bold and sweet putter. The center mounted outside offset makes it look quirky, but it just makes the ball softly explode into a beautiful roll. I was amazed. I dig this putter, it just feels right. small like a blade, clunky like an old Ping, light as a feather, with a cool C-groove face. For me it is perfect. Putters are all about what you like and nothing else. Just go putt all afternoon with every putter at the local shop, and pick the one you like the best. I think the Carolyne and the Nicky are the closest to the Amy conceptually.

TaylorMade Mini Driver 11.5

Callaway Epic 3 wood

Sub 70 5 wood

Titleist U510 22*

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW

Mizuno S18 Wedges

Ping Kinloch C Putter

I picked up a Yes! Hanna over the weekend. I've only had a chance to play 2 rounds with it so far, but I'm already loving it! I'm new to golf and this is my first mallet style putter. It just feels so solid though and seems to have helped steady me somewhat. I tried a plethora of putters before settling on the Hanna, but it just felt right.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure which one to zero in on. Might be the Valerie. Looking for a mallet type.

Driver _____ Ping G400 Max
Woods ____ Ping G410 3 & 5, Cleveland XL HALO 7
Hybrids ___ Titleist 818H1 5H
Irons ______ Titleist T300 6-GW
Wedges ___ Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08F & 56.10S
Putter _____ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 or Rife 2-Bar w/ Nickel Putter Golf Ball Pick-Up
Ball _______  Titleist ProV1 Yellow
Distance __ GPS:  Bushnell Phantom 2,  Rangefinder:  Precision Pro NX7 Pro
GHIN ______ HCP floats between 10 and 12

• 2 months later...
Has anyone tried the Callie Forged?

If so what is the difference?

I started out using the Tracy that I grabbed off the shelf at Golfsmith, and was so impressed with it after 6 months I ordered the Callie Forged from the Yes website thinking (well, hoping) to get more of a good thing. I initially liked the Callie forged better than anything, and had a couple rounds of 28-29 putts, so it was my golden putter, but then like all putters it betrayed me . . . . I went back to the Tracy, which has a different feel and sound that, to be honest, I like better. The Callie's in the closet for now, but doubtless will come out again after I've punished it sufficiently.

• 2 weeks later...

I used my new Yes! Caroline yesterday for the first time. Thru the first 7 holes I had 10 putts. Of the 4 one-putts, all were between 10 and 30 feet.

Historically my putting has been the absolute worst part of my game (been playing for 3 years). Yesterday's success was based on three things.

1) The new putter

2) Changing from straight back to arc putter path

3) Concentrating on smooth rythym

For the day I had 3 three-putts and one four-putt. I still struggle with long, undulating putts.

Overall I shot an 85 with 36 putts. It was my lowest round ever and best putting effort ever (I'm a 22-handicap). I've had lower putt totals but I have never made more 6-10 foot putts than I did yesterday.

If you have the chance, try the Caroline. It has a larger head than most blade putters and rolls the ball wonderfully.

The only thing I dislike about the putter is the head cover. Hard to get on and off.

alan

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Tracy this year. Same as the guy up there...wasn't too thrilled with the fact I was getting a YES, but I couldn't rationalize not getting it just cuz it's not a Scotty. Never felt a ball roll off as pure (for my stroke, at least). Never been more confident, never drained as many. It's an average of 3 strokes per round for me. Something about the way it sets up and balances too (just with the Tracy, for me). You pick it up at address, it just feels like it hovers. It automatically stays in a groove through your stroke. Whatever..

I like em.

• 1 month later...

don't know if it's the c-grooves or the MOI but the ball seems to roll out better with my Donna. equal stroke back and through with the Donna produces a "longer" putt...but it is not hot of the face, it doesn't explode - it jsust rolls better so I can concentrate on the stroke (and not hitting the ball)

The Donna is the hybrid blade/mallet with no hosel, and immediately I noticed how little offset there was. for comparison, I previuosly gamed a BC-3 mallet with the double bend and could easily see the offset that helped get my left hand thru the ball. this took a little while to get used to visually but after the feel and the results, I had no problems, lol.

there is a definite difference in feedback from sweetspot to miss hits. some putters give you the same sensation no matter where you strike it on the face (and some people like that which is fine) but the Donna will let you know i.e. reward you when struck properly.

I noticed right off the bat was the distance control on mid and long putts. it is almost "intuiative" with these. again, it allows me to concentrate on the stroke instead of manipulating how hard to hit it. It clears the mind which enables confidnece which means less putts.

The weight is just right for me. I know this is subjective, but I don't notice the weight at all....sometimes you can feel howlight a putter is or how heavy it is during the stroke, but my Donna just melds with my hands, arms and shoulders. again, oneless thing to think about or worry about and have to adjust during the stroke.

if you have any questions about the Donna, just PM me.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

[quote name='scarfie1' timestamp='1137492772' post='96256']
I have the Tracy, same as Retief Goosen. This putter is magic. I had the lie adjusted because I like my putters a little flat, and you can adjust the tracy easy. Although after doing thie it shanged the face balancedness, and now has a slight heel hang. None the less, this putter is superb on distance control and puts an amzing roll on the ball. I have changed the crappy grip to a decade blue and all i can say is wow this putter rocks. 5 stars for me.
[/quote]

I know this is like 8-9 years old but, I like the putter but would need it 68* (flat lie). You're saying a flat lie created a negative (- degree) toe hang? I've never seen or heard of that before. My SAM Lab analysis recommended face balanced to 30* toe hang for a putter - maybe this isn't for me.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I bought an excellent-condition Tracy II on 2ndswing for extremely cheap on a lark. Have been struggling with my Scotty (Coronado Mid-Slant) getting a consistent roll on the ball, and figured I would try this. Safe to say the Tracy has replaced to my Scotty for the foreseeable future! Feels like the ball comes off the face perfectly almost every single time. Might have to post the Scotty on BST and see what I can get for it now that I found a much cheaper alternative.

• 3 weeks later...

Since this thread was brought back from the dead, I'd add that I found a YES! Eleanor 12 putter at Big 5 and it was marked (mismarked) $25. I took it up to the register with the dozen balls I was buying, not expecting to take it home. Figured that I would he told what's it's real price was and that I'd leave it at the store. The girl rang me up, and advised me that my total was somewhere just over $200. I told the girl that I had seen the price tag, but figured that it was wrong. She insisted on selling the putter for the advertised $25! I love this thing. However, when I bought it, my 14 YO son had just gotten into golf and I had just bought my Scotty Cameron Golo. My son asked to try it during our round and instantly fell in love with it! His putting instantly improved. I enjoyed the process of him getting addicted to golf, so I gave it to him. I still roll putts woth it on our little putting green, but have left it for him to game. I am surprised at the quality of the YES! Putters! I even stuck a Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip on it, thinking that he'd love it, but he asked if I could stick the stock grip back on. He liked it as is and liked that the grip matched the headcover.

Since this thread was brought back from the dead, I'd add that I found a YES! Eleanor 12 putter at Big 5 and it was marked (mismarked) $25. I took it up to the register with the dozen balls I was buying, not expecting to take it home. Figured that I would he told what's it's real price was and that I'd leave it at the store. The girl rang me up, and advised me that my total was somewhere just over $200. I told the girl that I had seen the price tag, but figured that it was wrong. She insisted on selling the putter for the advertised $25! I love this thing. However, when I bought it, my 14 YO son had just gotten into golf and I had just bought my Scotty Cameron Golo. My son asked to try it during our round and instantly fell in love with it! His putting instantly improved. I enjoyed the process of him getting addicted to golf, so I gave it to him. I still roll putts woth it on our little putting green, but have left it for him to game. I am surprised at the quality of the YES! Putters! I even stuck a Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip on it, thinking that he'd love it, but he asked if I could stick the stock grip back on. He liked it as is and liked that the grip matched the headcover.

I'm super impressed with YES! so far.. I have been wanting to try a center shafted putter for a while now and i found someone selling a refinished Pippi 12 and i've fallen in love the weight is amazing and has helped my putting immensely! When i bought it it was at 38" with a winn 1.32 grip i ended up getting it cut down to 35.5 and putting a midsize odyssey grip on it and i couldn't be happier with the results!