For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

Great thread and welcome back Heath. As others have said, everything feels slower but much better contact and more distance. The most difficult thing is for me to do it slow enough and keep the hands up until they are pulled forward by the pivot. THis is still difficult for me to do, especially with the driver on the course. " I thought Grasshopper was patient, not so, Grasshopper pull on handle too quickly." :).

On the range, and more and more on the course, the move is getting ingrained. Interestingly, my miss is a little overdraw. I need to make sure that the face is slightly open, something I really could not do with my old swing!

Thanks Kuchhhh for opening this great topic!

Wanted to hear the feedback from others that have actually implemented it into their swing. Interested in what changes you saw in ball flight, accuracy, distance etc.

I am still a Monte Student but joined GG's site (when it was 60% off) just to figure out my leg action. I have been using it for a week or so now and I find that it creates more space for me by making it hard to move my upper torso. I couple that with Monte's teaching about backswing and speeding up the arms (which is really just keeping the arms in sync and not letting the upper torso fall to far behind the pivot)

My results have been less hook, more distance. Approximately 7 yards for my 8i & 9i. I think this is due to what Monte preaches as "creating space, so you dont have to slow down"

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Messed with this a bit before but couldn't quite get it lol.

Last couple of range sessions have been pretty depressing (after a run of fairly solid ballstriking) so I went out to the practice ground tonight to give it another shot.

For some reason it clicked tonight, results weren't perfect but certainly promising. Distance on the best shots was crazy, I'm not really a short hitter anyway - 7 iron is usually a 170 carry but I was hitting to an uphill green 185 yards away and found a few balls at the back of it lol.

HStead's comment about the speed of the pivot was an important one, found I was pivoting too hard and when I slowed it down the distance was the same but felt much more controlled.

Most shots were straight or with a very slight draw, misses were over draws and pulls, hardly lost any right which was nice as I've been plagued by a nasty two way miss lately. Think I may need to weaken grip slightly?

Also found I was gripping the club too tight, focusing on losing tension thoughout the swing helped massively (this is an ongoing problem of mine tbh.

Leaving the arms up and pivoting will take some getting used to but felt great when I nailed it, suffer with a really bad hit impulse so taking the hands/arms out really helps me.

Need to spend some more time working on the setup for sure.

I've had some good discussions with an instructor who knows Dana and the pivot which George and him teachI was told its mostly based off of Kwons and Chris comos stuff that they teach. What they are trying to do is create the biggest moment arm possible, pretty interesting stuff. Can be hard to learn at first

For those who know,does GG teach that knees remain flexed in transition and into impact?

George was teaching his pivot and lower body stuff way before he and Como became buddies, FACT. I get my stuff first hand, not through some guy who knows some other guy, just for the record. (Not directed at you Gray by the way)

The knees gain flex in transition, which is HUGELY important for the way he wants the lower body to work. From P6, both knees should be flexed quite a bit at P6, it all depends from there what kind of shot you want to hit. George basically has three ways from p6 through impact.

If you want to hit a lower fade, stay more flexed and do not extend as much, If you want to hit a standard shot, normal height, extend less aggressive but extend the lead leg and right leg will follow. If you want to hit a high trajectory, extend like crazy from P6 through impact and push the hips forward where the belt buckle is going to be way forward. Make sense?

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Anyone have any footage ?

His Instagram has tons of content and videos. Search for "George Gankas Instagram".

I meant the guys on this thread who have benefitted from this move . Would be nice to see a before and after

Hstead had one and there were a couple others but all the threads got scrubbed. One of slice's former guys, jurr, had some massive improvement. Hopefully he'll post it was very interesting.

I'm more surprised you guys are willing to fly out and pay 400 an hour for a lesson. I thought I had a bad golf addiction. I have also been working on some of the pivot stuff as well and really like the feel and the last 2 rounds have hit the ball really well. Starting to get some pop back on the ball as well.

For those who know,does GG teach that knees remain flexed in transition and into impact?

George was teaching his pivot and lower body stuff way before he and Como became buddies, FACT. I get my stuff first hand, not through some guy who knows some other guy, just for the record. (Not directed at you Gray by the way)

The knees gain flex in transition, which is HUGELY important for the way he wants the lower body to work. From P6, both knees should be flexed quite a bit at P6, it all depends from there what kind of shot you want to hit. George basically has three ways from p6 through impact.

If you want to hit a lower fade, stay more flexed and do not extend as much, If you want to hit a standard shot, normal height, extend less aggressive but extend the lead leg and right leg will follow. If you want to hit a high trajectory, extend like crazy from P6 through impact and push the hips forward where the belt buckle is going to be way forward. Make sense?

Yep,makes sense,thanks!

Wanted to hear the feedback from others that have actually implemented it into their swing. Interested in what changes you saw in ball flight, accuracy, distance etc.

I am still a Monte Student but joined GG's site (when it was 60% off) just to figure out my leg action. I have been using it for a week or so now and I find that it creates more space for me by making it hard to move my upper torso. I couple that with Monte's teaching about backswing and speeding up the arms (which is really just keeping the arms in sync and not letting the upper torso fall to far behind the pivot)

My results have been less hook, more distance. Approximately 7 yards for my 8i & 9i. I think this is due to what Monte preaches as "creating space, so you dont have to slow down"

Much more space. Getting more distance is always fun :-)

Anyone have any footage ?

His Instagram has tons of content and videos. Search for "George Gankas Instagram".

I meant the guys on this thread who have benefitted from this move . Would be nice to see a before and after

It isn't much but it's all I have on me now. This is a before and after impact after working on GG's stuff for I think like 2 or 3 days.

Any videos on the setup he favours?

Sounds like that is an important part

There are a few videos on his paid site.

Arm pits, knees and shoelaces all in a straight line. Grip just has to match the swing. Strong, neutral or weak all work. Make sure you align your body based upon your heels more than your toes. Toes can be deceptive if you flare them. he likes being somewhat above plane on the BS but he also says it is a matter of feel, as long as the parts match. (Edited aft watching 6 more videos)

Do not protrude your posterior, and don't arch your back. Be relaxed.

There are a few videos on his paid site.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Using the hybrid Monte/GG method I just hit my longest indoor drive ever on my GC2. Medium firmness ground, no wind.

Quick question for Hstead and Kuchhhhhh. How long did it take before the leg action started to shallow out your transition? I have taken some long distance lessons with GG, none in person, and I think I have my leg action very close to where he wants it. The only issue is, my shaft is still a little steep at P5. Maybe I'm not leaving my arms up long enough? He told me that the shaft should naturally shallow with the proper leg work. I thought the shallowing would happen immediately once the leg work was better. Perhaps my pivot isn't as good as I think. Any thoughts?

Pretty much immediately for me. I was with him though in person and the first swing shallowed like crazy.

This was just a half swing but this is the very first swing after he showed me what the lower body should do, and also most importantly after changing my setup.

[media=]

[/media]

If you pull at all with the arms, the lower body shallowing by itself isn't going to happen. You really have to focus on leaving the arms up at the top, do not pull at all. Any amount of pulls is going to steepen the shaft. The best drill I think to get the feel is to do what George calls "no throws" where you literally do not let your arms go forward at all and almost stop at impact. I do a lot of no throws, especially when I am starting out a practice session to get the feel of the arms doing nothing. George said he always starts his own practice sessions the same way. That is where I learned that you do not have to pivot fast to hit a decent shot. I can pivot in slow motion now and hit a little 50 yard wedge and I feel like I am turning 5 mph.

Holy Crap Heath!!! I just looked at this and ......wow!! That is Night and Day side by side.Your rotation looks the best I've ever seen it,period!

If you have been told that your hands/arms are way too slow and need to move them down and diagonally much quicker, is this the opposite of that?

It's possible your arms are just slow relative to the action of your right hip. If your right hip is going into extension too early, your arms can be easily stuck behind. One way to deal with that might be to learn how to get your arms moving in front of your right hip which would teach you to restrict the right hip, for that to happen. Another way is to learn to regain right hip flexion and pivot first, giving your arms the space and time to do what they need to do.

Thanks, I keep trying. I will try them all.

Any videos on the setup he favours?

Sounds like that is an important part

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

This is asked multiple times on his instagram but never answered. What is the coat hanger for and how is it used?

Thanks

Quick question for Hstead and Kuchhhhhh. How long did it take before the leg action started to shallow out your transition? I have taken some long distance lessons with GG, none in person, and I think I have my leg action very close to where he wants it. The only issue is, my shaft is still a little steep at P5. Maybe I'm not leaving my arms up long enough? He told me that the shaft should naturally shallow with the proper leg work. I thought the shallowing would happen immediately once the leg work was better. Perhaps my pivot isn't as good as I think. Any thoughts?

Pretty much immediately for me. I was with him though in person and the first swing shallowed like crazy.

This was just a half swing but this is the very first swing after he showed me what the lower body should do, and also most importantly after changing my setup.

If you pull at all with the arms, the lower body shallowing by itself isn't going to happen. You really have to focus on leaving the arms up at the top, do not pull at all. Any amount of pulls is going to steepen the shaft. The best drill I think to get the feel is to do what George calls "no throws" where you literally do not let your arms go forward at all and almost stop at impact. I do a lot of no throws, especially when I am starting out a practice session to get the feel of the arms doing nothing. George said he always starts his own practice sessions the same way. That is where I learned that you do not have to pivot fast to hit a decent shot. I can pivot in slow motion now and hit a little 50 yard wedge and I feel like I am turning 5 mph.

I've been following him on Instagram for awhile now and I saw a few videos that for whatever reason just made my brain click, and for me it was more of the shoulders v's his leg action.

Was already fairly long but driver was mostly a fade flight that got spinny at times, now it's pretty straight, if not a baby draw. Played with a buddy who hadn't seen me play since I've started working on this stuff, he was tripping on on me hitting a draw with driver. It was just like unheard of for me. So picked up some yardage throughout the bag, I feel like I can just turn my shoulders as hard and fast and I get natural speed and like a prime impact position and much more consistency. Last week I was getting 175 out of my 8 iron on course. Flew a green from 225 with 5 iron lol, that's about 10 yards longer for me.

Handicap has dropped 4 strokes to +2.2, and I've had more sub par rounds this year than I've had the past like 5 years combined. Crazy thing is that I still feel like I'm getting it more and more refined, each round gets a little more fine tuned and I'm trusting the move way more, and my bad rounds don't go wild like they used to. Last round I shot 73 with two doubles, both from getting stimied behind trees on par 3's when I drew it too much and made the mistake lol.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

The coat hanger is for clubface awareness. It helps you tell when you have flexed your left hand enough to close the face down on the ds, and just overall awareness of what the face is doing in relation to the grip and your entire swing really.

Gilly - I have been around just haven't posted as much after a short suspension because a guy called me a liar. Come to find out from talking to George and telling him the whole story the guy calling me a liar never worked with him. Geo's quote was a classic "never seen that f'er in my life, in fact never given a lesson to one f'er from the entire state of Illinois in my life, not one". So again, straight from the horses mouth and not some "this friends cousin knows a guys brother that talked to Como" stuff. It is fairly obvious from posts who has actually worked with the guy and knows what he teaches and those that guess from a few instagram videos they saw.

Nuff said....nice to see back bro :hi: