2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

For those that have applied the GG pivot

Kuuuch

Thanks hstead. Hes like a golf Macgyver with all the little juryrigged inventions he comes up with.

Maybe one day I'll be the first f'er from Illinois that he gives a lesson to. Lol

The coat hanger is for clubface awareness. It helps you tell when you have flexed your left hand enough to close the face down on the ds, and just overall awareness of what the face is doing in relation to the grip and your entire swing really

also didnt answer bph other question fully.

When I asked him he asked if I had ever heard of Kwons research with ground reaction forces, moment arms etc. He said what they are doing is based off Kwons research and they are trying to create the biggest moment arm possible. Leaving arms up, clearing hips almost backwards feeling and pushing up with right foot. Ive pretty much covered what else he told me in other posts in this thread. Not sure its exactly the same as what como teaches, doubt it, but como does teach similar. Leaving hands up and clearing with body, check golf digest.

Real strange jeepers...... GG tells H just recently he's never met you, has no idea who you are, has never talked to you. Here you are describing his methodology like you're buddies. Kinda stalker-ish.

When I asked him he asked if I had ever heard of Kwons research with ground reaction forces, moment arms etc. He said what they are doing is based off Kwons research and they are trying to create the biggest moment arm possible. Leaving arms up, clearing hips almost backwards feeling and pushing up with right foot. Ive pretty much covered what else he told me in other posts in this thread. Not sure its exactly the same as what como teaches, doubt it, but como does teach similar. Leaving hands up and clearing with body, check golf digest.

Real strange jeepers...... GG tells H just recently he's never met you, has no idea who you are, has never talked to you. Here you are describing his methodology like you're buddies. Kinda stalker-ish.

dont worry, Ive asked George if Kwons research had any influence on the pivot and arms he teaches. Il let you know

dont worry, Ive asked George if Kwons research had any influence on the pivot and arms he teaches. Il let you know

I can't wait. You're like 'deepthroat' to the golf instruction community...... so much inside info.

so heath and others you going to be a man and apologize now? dont worry I dont expect it. I've heard from Dana so far, who teaches pretty much the same pivot as George and whom I originally said it was about. As I said,,, see response below

Did you just post dana's cell phone number on a Internet forum?

Callaway Paradym TD Ventus 6S Black Velocore
TM Sim2 3 wood Tour AD DI 7x
TM Sim 5 wood Ventus Blue Velocore 8x
Mizuno JPX 923 Modus 120x 
Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide
Vokeys SM9 56,60

so heath and others you going to be a man and apologize now? dont worry I dont expect it. I've heard from Dana so far, who teaches pretty much the same pivot as George and whom I originally said it was about. As I said,,, see response below

Did you just post dana's cell phone number on a Internet forum?

Public info, it's on his site.

I already suffer from hanging back sometimes on my trail foot.....is GG's "sitting on the right side" going to make that worse?

Possibly. If you keep the right knee from going into flexion too soon it's kind of hard to hang back too much. But in a total vacuum, without an instructor, you could very well make it worse cuz the move isn't so simple.

I could google this question but I'm feeling a little lazy. Can someone explain what a "moment arm" is?

Can't remember from where I took these screenshots otherwise I would link it and give the guy his props. I recall the following are his own thoughts and takeaways from some time spent with Dr. Kwon.

The GG principle of leaving the arms up at/during transition helps one, IF the pivot is working properly, and esp. if one can kick up from p6 to impact, to direct more force into the golf ball.

Ping g430max 10k 10.5*- rogue white 130 60tx
sim2ti 15* - speeder evo 3 757x
ping g425 20.5* - rogue 125 80tx
4-gw ap1 jpx921 hm/hm pro - 120x1’s
 sm5 56.10 - s400ti
sm8 60m - s400ti
piretti potenza ii 365g 34"

At the risk of being on topic...

A while back there was a lot of talk regarding Bender, ZJ, and Mahan and the intent/focus of speeding up the arms. Do you guys feel that is in any way compatible with what George teaches?

I ask because I've been having a hard time squaring the clubface and my path is way left. Generally feel like I'm dragging the handle through impact. Short irons/wedges have been dynamite, but mid irons up have been sketchy. Recently, I tried speeding up the arms after sitting into the right leg, and it has helped quite a bit. Wondering if it's more of a band-aid or something I need to make George's "model" work properly.

Thanks, Heath. That's kinda what I thought, but wanted some confirmation.

When you started with George, how much effort did you have to put into keeping the right shoulder in ER? That feeling of being under plane or getting the shaft on the "4:30" line at P6 has been tough.

I appreciate your input. Hope this thread can hang around!

Heath, What are no throws again? I've watched alot of GG's videos but I'm blanking on which drill this is again.

When you started with George, how much effort did you have to put into keeping the right shoulder in ER? That feeling of being under plane or getting the shaft on the "4:30" line at P6 has been tough.

I used to try all kinds of things to get the right should to go external on the way down, with little success. Now I do not pay it any attention what so ever. If my lower body works, and I don't pull with the arms, the shaft lays down more than I used to lay it down when I was trying to intentionally lay it down. Freezers and no throws, while making sure the left knee is going down and around and the right knee cap is facing forward did the trick for me better than when I intentionally tried to shallow.

Heath, What are no throws again? I've watched alot of GG's videos but I'm blanking on which drill this is again.

I used to try all kinds of things to get the right should to go external on the way down, with little success. Now I do not pay it any attention what so ever. If my lower body works, and I don't pull with the arms, the shaft lays down more than I used to lay it down when I was trying to intentionally lay it down. Freezers and no throws, while making sure the left knee is going down and around and the right knee cap is facing forward did the trick for me better than when I intentionally tried to shallow.

Basically where you rotate and right shoulder gets to ball before club it's an exaggeration and Heath I'm stealing this as my range warmup. How hard do you go with the no throws? 50%?

I dont have anything to apologize about, I never said you were wrong, just that you don't have all the info. Dana's pivot is influenced by Kwon's research which I have originally stated all along, the pivots look very similar. Georges legwork is probably a bit unique I guess. So George has been friends with como for 20 years and says he is the guy he goes to for any question on physics and biomechanics in the golf swing but hasn't influenced what he teaches with arms or anything?

Thanks again! I'll keep at it. Thought my leg work was pretty good, but doesn't sound like it is, lol.

I dont have anything to apologize about, I never said you were wrong, just that you don't have all the info. Dana's pivot is influenced by Kwon's research which I have originally stated all along, the pivots look very similar. Georges legwork is probably a bit unique I guess. So George has been friends with como for 20 years and says he is the guy he goes to for any question on physics and biomechanics in the golf swing but hasn't influenced what he teaches with arms or anything?

Why do you insist on bringing up Dana? You're the only one talking about him. This is a thread about GG's pivot. Enough already.

Why do you insist on bringing up Dana? You're the only one talking about him. This is a thread about GG's pivot. Enough already.

Agreed. As other posters have said, better to ignore.

Thanks for sharing Hstead, keep up the good work!

yea I would make that bet that he has been influenced by como in some of what he teaches.. like I said before

"So George has been friends with como for 20 years and says he is the guy he goes to for any question on physics and biomechanics in the golf swing but hasn't influenced what he teaches with arms or anything? "

Heath, first of all, thank you.

My question. Do you feel like the club releases because of the pivot or is this where the throw comes in?

You are welcome. I enjoy sharing what I have learned from Dan, Monte, and George.

I guess technically with George's pivot, the throw and release happen as a result of the pivot down to P6, and then the way you extend from P6 through impact. But when you say "feel", for me I actually "feel" like I am doing a no throw and not releasing at all when I am playing for the most part. The "release" just happens for me. But with that said, when I was in Westlake, I kept wanting to hold my "flying wedge" well past impact. George does not like that. This is where we talked about what kind of release he likes to see. Although George has many complimentary things to say about Kelvin and what he teaches, the one area he strongly parts ways is on the release. George does not like the drive hold release. He likes to see the "Y" formed by the arms and chest to remain in tact and after impact he doesn't want you holding onto anything. He wants the club to point back at you P8.

I had to work on that, not trying to hold the "wedge" forever and just let the club go.

Feels are subjective but wanted to get your take.

I only subscribe to his youtube channel and heard him talk about the throw and the no throw in drills. I know I've found my ball striking is much better if I'm patient with the hands and just kind of let them get there when they get there and let them release.

Thanks again, sir.