2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

What Are You "OCD" About?

Sean2

I have one of those golf bags that has a slot for each club.....so each club must be in it's proper slot at all times. I also have a thing about my golf cart....it's has to be spotless, even down to the wheels. I'm that way about my car too. I'm not as bad about the house as I used to be, but my husband might argue that point. :taunt:

Fixing pitch marks. Most of the guys in the league make fun of me because i'll walk around the green fixing pitch marks. I figure this is a good thing to be anal about, though.

I do the same thing. I've come to notice that a few of the greens at my club are always in worse shape than others, so I make sure to go around and fix any pitch marks that I see every time that I'm on those greens.

We had a green that just looked it took abuse one summer, for some reason this green was just pockmarked like a bad prom date and it would not heal. I was out one night getting some practice in and I see Mr Haverkamp on the green fixing ball marks. I went up to say hi and he told me he did this almost every night, that it was disgusting to see players not fix ball marks. Can you guess where the damage was coming from? This guy was fixing a few small ball marks by shoving his divot tool in the center and pulling up in each direction. A nickle size mark isn't pretty, but he severed the roots and created a half dollar size mound of dirt that could not heal. If you are paying special attention to a few greens that seem to never heel, maybe make sure you are fixing marks correctly, most golfers do not. And thank you if you do!

If you read my Signature Line you'll understand my silliness. There can be NOTHING more in or on my bag except what I started out with on the 1st Tee Box. There can be less, but not more. 14 Clubs, 4 Club Covers, 9 balls, Glove, Bag of 2 3/4" white Tees, ball mark tool, ball marker, cleaning brush, Towel, USGA Bag Tag, Umbrella, Red Sharpie pen, Water Bottle, Lip Balm, Car Keys, iPhone, Wind Shirt. I walk with a Sun Mountain cart. No score card, no pens or pencils. (Everything goes on my Swing x Swing App on my iPhone.) No food, No drinks except my water. If someone were to stick a 6 Pack of beer or a bag of Chips in my bag, my body goes into automatic "Lock Down." Can't move, can't play! Totally Anal! Ridiculous! :sorry: :crazy:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

I have to immediately take any stickers off my shafts after purchasing and rub down with Goo Gone. Drives me nuts and many of my buddies leave their stickers and price stickers on the club forever, doesn't bother them at all.

My golf buds call me Minnie Pearl, makes them nuts too. Sticker comes off eventually, but I want to be sure before I put in the effort. But I am extremely ocd with grips, so if it goes back it may very well have a new perfectly aligned (for me) logo down Tour Velvet.

I have to have my ball placed on the tee with the brand name facing me and the side with the model facing down the fairway. On the green the brand name has to be on top of the ball facing the hole. I use a half-dollar from mark my ball and the face on the coin must be facing the hole (so it can help me read the putt).

I have one of those golf bags that has a slot for each club.....so each club must be in it's proper slot at all times. I also have a thing about my golf cart....it's has to be spotless, even down to the wheels. I'm that way about my car too. I'm not as bad about the house as I used to be, but my husband might argue that point. :taunt:

if i find a good tee on the tee box, i cant use it on THAT box, but i can use it later.

I'm OCD about pace of play -- If I even get the faintest sense that someone in my group is dragging, I'll start hustling, to the point where it is obvious that I'm trying to be quick.

I'm also OCD about supplies in my bag. I have to have backups for everything. I have several gloves, un-opened, more golf balls than any caddy would want to know about, tees, and more tees. Two bottles of aspirin, Tums, Sunscreen, 2 bug sprays, one attached towel, to dry towels in the bag. Band-Aids, Neosporin, liquid skin. I have no less than 20 ball markers, half dozen hat clips, and countless divot tools. I have more supply then I'd ever need for 100 holes, let alone 18. I have backup spikes, (package of 18). I have batteries for my laser. I carry two club brush scrubbers .... etc.

The list goes on.

Sounds like somebody was a former boy scout.

Clubs in proper spot, Same marker, tool and amount of tees in my left pocket.

I once lost my marker for a round or two and felt like I couldn't function on a golf course hahahaha.

I'm not a clean freak but my grooves stay clean of debris.

My only OCD thing with my playing partners is that you have to get your ball out of the hole. Sometimes people want to leave the ball in the hole and save time by scooping them all up etc but in my mind there is only room for one ball in the cup at a time haha.

Scream in my swing, play slow, toss a club whatever just get your ball out of my cup haha.

I can only use a broken tee on a hole where I hit iron, hybrid or 3/5 wood off the tee. Preferably one that I find on that tee box. For driver it doesn't matter. Everything else it must be a broken tee.

I've also got a buddy I play with who is totally OCD about the area of ground behind the ball once he tees it up. I've seen him get down and brush it with his hand so it's clean and tidy when he takes the club back. On rougher tracks it can take 5 mins. I'm not kidding.

• Ping G400 9* Fujikura Speeder 661 X (+16g head weight)
  • Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 18*, True Temper Bi Matrix RXi X 
  • Adams Idea A7 19* & 22* UST V2 Hybrid X +0.5'
  • Mizuno MP20 HMB 4i KBS C-Taper 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MMC 5-7 Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Mizuno MP20 MB 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130X +0.5' 2 deg up
  • Cleveland RTX3 V-MG 50* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Nike Engage Raw 54* TT S400 +0.5'
  • Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 60* TT S400 +0.5'
  • EVNROLL 2.2 35' Super Stroke GTR 1.0

Getting frisky with yourself before a round is a recipe for bad scores. With another person, fine. Yourself, not so much.

I know what you mean about the solo style friskiness. It's costly to the wallet too.

You not only have to pay for the greens fees but you're obliged to buy dinner for yourself afterword.

Getting frisky with yourself before a round is a recipe for bad scores. With another person, fine. Yourself, not so much.

I know what you mean about the solo style friskiness. It's costly to the wallet too.

You not only have to pay for the greens fees but you're obliged to buy dinner for yourself afterword.

It gets really awkward when I have to tell myself to take the money I left myself on the nightstand, and to lock the door on the way out.

Titleist TS3, Evenflow stiff, 9.5, A1
Callaway Rouge SZ w/AD-DI 7x, 13.5*
Callaway Epic 2 Hybrid 18*
Titleist AP3 718 4-pw (weakened 2*)
Bettinardi Studio 28 Arm Lock
Vokey 50*, 54*, 58*
Titleist ProV1x (2017)

Clubs in proper spot, Same marker, tool and amount of tees in my left pocket.

I once lost my marker for a round or two and felt like I couldn't function on a golf course hahahaha.

I'm not a clean freak but my grooves stay clean of debris.

My only OCD thing with my playing partners is that you have to get your ball out of the hole. Sometimes people want to leave the ball in the hole and save time by scooping them all up etc but in my mind there is only room for one ball in the cup at a time haha.

Scream in my swing, play slow, toss a club whatever just get your ball out of my cup haha.

I never understood leaving the ball in the hole after you make a putt. I ask people to remove their balls. I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems rude/lazy. You can't walk over and get your ball out for yourself?

The only thing that makes me crazy on a golf course is when someone casually strolls through, or mills around on, another person's putting line... I'm REALLY hard to bother, but that'll earn you a lecture... LOL

Callaway GBB EPIC 9* +1*
TaylorMade Aero Burner 3-wood 15*

Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 5-wood 18* +2*
E21 Hybrids 18* & 26*
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 5-E Stiff
Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 50/10

Callaway JAWS Raw Full Face Wedge 54/12
Vintage Zebra putter 

Pitch marks on greens drive me crazy, I refuse to leave the green until they are all repaired. Today was an average of 6 per green, all morning fresh. Bast ards.The one person who complained to me in 20 years of golf was told to take the issue to the head pro. if he would tell me to leave the marks alone I would comply. Never heard about it again.

Divots in fairways, these are usually too numerous and real estate too large to repair all of them - Bast ards -otherwise I would - and one day I just might load up the cart with a dozen bottles of sand and not leave the fairways until the divots are all filled.

And, divots on tees. Today was a an outstanding day for these. Every tee had 4 large gouges and not effort to fill with sand from the container 5 yards away. The same 2 people (it appeared) took a practice swing, then a shot and left the divots unfilled. I got them all though. Bast ards. Sense of entitlement is ruining this game. What's next, music? yelling? excessive alcohol?

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

How in the heck do you people get through a regular day?

Hah, Ha....You would be surprised how many people have these strange little rituals. When it comes to golf, these little rituals are just as important as the "Pre Shot Routine." :tongue:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

One OCD thing that can be a pain is when a player in the group is edgy about where people stand, or if you move the slightest bit when they are playing, or get disturbed over whatever other thing you can think up, even though you are within the normal proper etiquette. Geez, just play your game.

I have to carry my 52, and 58 wedges and putter to every off the green shot just in case it's not the shot I was expecting from the cart. Any extra doubt above normal to the shot and the PW comes along too. Hate not havng exact club I need, even if I feel there is a minimal chance I will need any other club than what is most obvious.

It gets really awkward when I have to tell myself to take the money I left myself on the nightstand, and to lock the door on the way out.

Sometimes I tell myself to make myself a ham sandwich before leaving.