What Are You "OCD" About?

Sean2

I've used the same divot tool for the last 20 years. When I was a golf professional our Titliest Rep. gave the staff a Cameron divot tool in a little red holder. This was before they put them on the putters. It's worn to the point that the prongs have very sharp points. I've got two others that the guys I worked with did not want and I have those as back ups.

I have finally started to put my scorecard on the holder provided by my push cart. For years and years it [the scorecard] had to be folded just perfectly with two little puncture marks I'd make for the pencil so it [the pencil] wouldn't fall out or impale my finger. My wallet would go in the golf bag, the scorecard in my back right pocket. I still reach for the scorecard in my pocket before realizing it is on my pushcart...

We used to have a member of our ladies golf association who would tell people to get completely off the green & out of her sight if they were wearing very bright colored clothing.....really! She said it was distracting to her. You cannot imagine some of the funny things people would say to her when she complained about the color of their clothes. Fortunately, she was only a member for a couple of years. I can only imagine how she is now with all the "neon" colors being worn. :taunt:

Keeping club faces clean, headcovers on every club, perfectly clean ball on the green, shirt has to be properly tucked in, sunglasses and hat sitting perfectly, I separate a certain number of balls on the range for specific shots and drills, pre shot routine has to be perfect or I start over (doesn't happen too often, I HATE losing balls and playing with people who take 16 practice swings lol

The only thing I am OCD about is having nothing that I am OCD about.

I only wipe off my clubs if there is dirt on the face before I hit a shot. I almost never wipe them after I hit. Most of the time I throw them in my trunk with clumps of dirt on them. I have never cleaned my golf shoes (I wear spikeless athletic shoes though). I don't clean my golf ball after a hole or before I putt. I try to get some of the dirt off with my hands but as long as there is no clump on it, it will roll or fly just fine.

So yeah.. Nothing ocd for me. Sometimes I have my phone in my back pocket, sometimes not. Sometimes a wallet, sometimes not. I'll have crap in both pockets from time to time. None of it matters in the end

I normally don't take practice swings, but then sometimes I do take practice swings. No idea why. I just do what feel rights

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Hey, we're not strange. What would Jordan Spieth do if he addressed the ball, backed off, walked over to his Caddy and reached over for the "Towel Touch", and the towel was NOT THERE? :telephone: "Is this the Locker Room? Could you send a towel out to the 12th Fairway QUICK!"

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

This goes sort of hand-in-hand with the OP - I can't stand having finger prints on my steel shafts. Something about seeing fingerprints on the metal that distracts me to no end. I actually hold my irons in my gloved hand and my putter with a small towel. Alternatively if I get a print on a shaft I wipe it down - gotta have it nice and shiny.

Weird, I know.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

OK...... After reading all the great posts on this very funny topic, I've decided that IF......You are not OCD/ANAL about something when you play golf............There is something wrong with you! :cheesy: :cheesy:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

I have to immediately take any stickers off my shafts after purchasing and rub down with Goo Gone. Drives me nuts and many of my buddies leave their stickers and price stickers on the club forever, doesn't bother them at all.

I do the same thing, and feel the same way.

Advice about sticker removal: A store associate will take the sticker and glue off for you. Just ask.

God knows we pay enough for new gear.

Problem is I mail-order almost all my gear...I do remove the stickers - but never understand why the golf manufacturers can't make those easy peel off stickers? Why must they leave so much residue? argh...

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

I have to immediately take any stickers off my shafts after purchasing and rub down with Goo Gone. Drives me nuts and many of my buddies leave their stickers and price stickers on the club forever, doesn't bother them at all.

Advice about sticker removal: A store associate will take the sticker and glue off for you. Just ask.

Problem is I mail-order almost all my gear...I do remove the stickers - but never understand why the golf manufacturers can't make those easy peel off stickers? Why must they leave so much residue? argh...

An easy way to remove glue residue is to rub it with rubbing alcohol. Probably a lot cheaper also. Can you say dollar store? :taunt:

An easy way to remove glue residue is to rub it with rubbing alcohol. Probably a lot cheaper also. Can you say dollar store? :taunt:

I've found that 55 gallon drums from the local industrial supply to be far more economical.

Im OCD about clubs being clean, and pace of play. If im stuck waiting on someone it drives me nuts, especially if they are looking for golf balls when its their turn

Driver-TM Sim 9 GD- Tour ADDI 6x

Fairway- Nike VR Pro 15- Fubuki Alpha 70x

Irons- Mizuno MP20 6-PW MMC-4,5- PJX LZ 6.5

Wedges- RTX4  50,56,60- DG s400 

Putter- Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5 w/Hula Girl 2006 cover

The all-time most irritating thing - when folks say "it's in!!" just before your put reaches the hole, only to have it lip out or otherwise miss... I've nearly strangled a dozen people, including close friends, over this.....

Tell them to keep their lips off your ball. Usually works. No need for potential assault charges. Certain to ruin the day.

Most of them are made/assembled overseas. There are huge problems exporting and importing clubs that don't have all the labels of origin on them and they are screwed if they fall off (Customs can reject a whole shipment for even a few clubs that don't have labels and yes, every club needs them). The other problem is that most stickers need the industrial adhesive to make sure the stickers don't "flag" or fall off. So they make sure they never come off. It's still a PITA though.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

The only thing I am OCD about is having nothing that I am OCD about.

I only wipe off my clubs if there is dirt on the face before I hit a shot. I almost never wipe them after I hit. Most of the time I throw them in my trunk with clumps of dirt on them. I have never cleaned my golf shoes (I wear spikeless athletic shoes though). I don't clean my golf ball after a hole or before I putt. I try to get some of the dirt off with my hands but as long as there is no clump on it, it will roll or fly just fine.

So yeah.. Nothing ocd for me. Sometimes I have my phone in my back pocket, sometimes not. Sometimes a wallet, sometimes not. I'll have crap in both pockets from time to time. None of it matters in the end

I normally don't take practice swings, but then sometimes I do take practice swings. No idea why. I just do what feel rights

Sounds almost exactly like me. I have to admit my clubs are usually dirty. I just looked at one pair of my shoes yesterday and thought to myself, "I should clean these", then promptly put them back,in the box.

I have a question for the guys who make sure their clubs are always in the correct slot. In my SM C130S the two bigger slots at the top hold my putter and driver. I do like the putter on the closer side (maybe I do have some OCD) to me. That way the putter doesn't come out over the driver. So when I'm riding as opposed to driving the cart, I'll switch those two clubs around. Does something like that bother you?

Fixing pitch marks. Most of the guys in the league make fun of me because i'll walk around the green fixing pitch marks. I figure this is a good thing to be anal about, though.

I was always taught to leave the green in better shape than when I arrived, and I always do.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I rake bunkers and don't step in people's lines. Seriously, what gets into people's heads so that they don't rake their own footprints? Are they embarrassed that it took 2-3 whacks to get it out and they think it's like quicksand that will swallow them whole? Nice courses, privates, semi-privates, munis doesn't matter. I never encounter a round where there isn't at least one unraked bunker (mid-morning - afternoon player due to overnight work shift.)

Lamkin Crossline - my favorite golf product ever

UW Huskies

This might take awhile.

Grips have to be the same on all clubs...although I have eased up on all being the exact same color.

3 wood and 5 wood (when I carry one) have to match.

52 and 58 have to match (although the grind can be different)

Clubs have to be in their proper divider. Driver and 3 wood at the top with putter. 3 Hyb..4 iron..5 are together. 6..7..8 together. 9..PW...52...58.

Coins(always the same four: ball marker..quarter from my birth year...quarter from wife's birth year..penny with a cross symbol pressed through it) in the left pocket and tees and divot tool in the right pocket. Glove goes in back right pocket.

WILL NOT for any reason use a tee laying on a tee box. It's cursed. CURSED.

Clothes have to match. I've stood in front of the closet for thirty mins deciding what to wear. Almost missed a tee time cause I couldn't figure out if a shirt/short combo worked. Drives my wife crazy.

Prob a few more.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Grips. They all gotta be the same size and of course same model. I only do them myself so I have no one to blame.

TM M2 2017 10.5 Hzrdus Yellow 65 S
Ping G400 14.5 PING Tour 80g S
Ping Anser 17* 23* PING Tour  S
PING iE1 5-PW Modus3 105 S
PING Glide 2.0 50* 54* 60* Modus 115 Wedge S
BioMech 41"
NDMC Plus 4
ProV1

If the ball is on a tee then reading the logo should be along the target line. Tees, divot tool, poker chip, ball when not in play, and spare ball (if necessary) all in right pocket. All other pockets are empty unless walking, then scorecard and pencil goes in a back pocket. Any scuffs or dings on a ball of any kind takes that ball out of play. Hat feels naked without marker clip on right side of brim. Clubs always go in their pre-determined slot in the bag.