What Are You "OCD" About?

Sean2

nothing too strange.

- glove in left pocket

- clean clubs after each shot

- clean clubs and grips every 3 rounds

- can't play with another ball in my pocket (if i find one i just throw it towards the cart and pick it up on the way to the cart)

- belt, shoes and hat/visor match

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I do have ocd. It sucks. Makes life hard. I have to check faucets, lights, locks and everything else 3 times. Always 3. If I'm still unsure, then it's another series of three.

BUT, on the course I relax. The only thing is cleaning my ball before I putt.

I appreciate what you go through. I worked with a guy who had legit OCD. It was amazing when you realized all of the things he had to do to get through the day.

He wouldn't let anyone else change the bottle on the water cooler because he had to make sure it got cleaned properly between every bottle. He had to do a pre-trip inspection of his car EVERY time he got in it that included checking tire pressure and oil level. If he was ever the only one in the office, all of the garbage cans would be empty when you got back, and all of the blinds would be exactly 18" above the window sills, straight as a razor. We stopped putting cans in the recycling bin and just left them on the counter because he had to go through the bin to make sure all of them were washed and crushed properly to save space if anyone but him had thrown anything in there. He kept a spiral notebook to document exactly what he did and at what time. His wife said he had a room full of them at home. He regularly worked from 6:30am to 8pm just to take care of all the things he "needed" to do before he could go home. And you couldn't help, because if you tried he still had to go behind you to make sure it was done right.

His actual job included making a trip to the post office daily, and the boss told him he could submit the mileage, but he never did. Boss used to joke that he was going to get an itemized invoice when Bob retired for $20,000 for 15 years worth of receipts, and he knew he wouldn't have to check it.

So in that light I'm not OCD about anything on the golf course.

I do have ocd. It sucks. Makes life hard. I have to check faucets, lights, locks and everything else 3 times. Always 3. If I'm still unsure, then it's another series of three.

BUT, on the course I relax. The only thing is cleaning my ball before I putt.

I appreciate what you go through. I worked with a guy who had legit OCD. It was amazing when you realized all of the things he had to do to get through the day.

He wouldn't let anyone else change the bottle on the water cooler because he had to make sure it got cleaned properly between every bottle. He had to do a pre-trip inspection of his car EVERY time he got in it that included checking tire pressure and oil level. If he was ever the only one in the office, all of the garbage cans would be empty when you got back, and all of the blinds would be exactly 18" above the window sills, straight as a razor. We stopped putting cans in the recycling bin and just left them on the counter because he had to go through the bin to make sure all of them were washed and crushed properly to save space if anyone but him had thrown anything in there. He kept a spiral notebook to document exactly what he did and at what time. His wife said he had a room full of them at home. He regularly worked from 6:30am to 8pm just to take care of all the things he "needed" to do before he could go home. And you couldn't help, because if you tried he still had to go behind you to make sure it was done right.

His actual job included making a trip to the post office daily, and the boss told him he could submit the mileage, but he never did. Boss used to joke that he was going to get an itemized invoice when Bob retired for $20,000 for 15 years worth of receipts, and he knew he wouldn't have to check it.

So in that light I'm not OCD about anything on the golf course.

Good Post! I've known a few folks like that and I can tell you that nobody ever teased or made fun of them. They actually can make life very organized and convenient for others while they're going through and doing their "Thing." In fact, I don't really think they're upset about what they have to do, rather I think that is just how they go through their day for whatever they do. The "Anal and OCD" things we're joking about with this Post are really nothing more than "Superstitions" that we ALL know are going to make us play a better round of Golf! (LOL) :yahoo:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

You shouldn't look at the things folks with true OCD do as convenient or organized. They are locked in a serious situation that manifests in these repetitive routines and rituals. Some of these compulsions take over their daily lives and can wreak havok on personal interactions. What they need is help, not a pat on the back for getting all of your trash cans emptied.

I always have a wet towel and must clean my clubs after every shot. I also can not have any tees or golf balls in my pockets. My divot tool and ball marker in the right pocket and glove in the left when not being used. Also, not sure if this is OCD or somewhat common sense, but I have a pair of white and black golf shoes I rotate between, I have to match sock color to shoe color. Just looks weird if they don't match.

You shouldn't look at the things folks with true OCD do as convenient or organized. They are locked in a serious situation that manifests in these repetitive routines and rituals. Some of these compulsions take over their daily lives and can wreak havok on personal interactions. What they need is help, not a pat on the back for getting all of your trash cans emptied.

OK. Maybe you're right. How about YOU empty the trash cans from now on?

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

No stickers anywhere.

Repairing ball marks/divots/leaving the course better than I found it.

I clean my clubs after every shot.

Pace of play.

Yelling FORE even though there may be nobody there.

I have no doubt there's more.

Mizuno STG 440/Kai'li Blue 70x

Mizuno MP 650 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x
Adams Red 20*/ AxivRed 104x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

Dressing sharp and dressing appropriate for the weather.

Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?
Callaway Rouge Sub Zero 9°
TM SLDR S 17° 4-wood
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° driving iron

Dynacraft (?) 24° 4-iron
Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?

Okay, I'm just so tired of my friend's lousy etiquette, or just bad manners....replays bad shots and doesn't count them....his score, not mine, so what, but then he compares my legit score to his...ugh....doesn't pay attention to others' shots and will spend a lot of time ball hawking for his and others' off-line shots....talks while others are hitting....and doesn't tip the cart farts after his twilight round (the only time he'll pay to play)....it's only a game, I know, and maybe I'm being a bit OCD about it...but still....had to vent....thanks.

TM SLDR-430/10.5 @ 12°, OEM speeder 57R
08 Burner 3w/5w 49g M/sr flex
Cobra TWS Hybrids H3/H4 A-flex 60g
Cobra SS-i irons Penley Graphite Light-R
Cleve 588-49LowBounce,900-54LB,588-57LB
TM Spider 72M
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1061239-katbirds-bag-of-sticks/"]WITB Link[/url]

Where to begin.....

Hate when someone in the group says, "nice putt", before it's in the hole...almost always catches an edge and doesn't drop.

I'm OCD about anyone touching my clubs/bag period. I will actually tip the kid at the end of the round who wants to clean my clubs to not clean them....hands off, here's your money.

Same goes for the bag drop.....never use it....don't care how far I have to walk with my bag.

Okay, I'm just so tired of my friend's lousy etiquette, or just bad manners....replays bad shots and doesn't count them....his score, not mine, so what, but then he compares my legit score to his...ugh....doesn't pay attention to others' shots and will spend a lot of time ball hawking for his and others' off-line shots....talks while others are hitting....and doesn't tip the cart farts after his twilight round (the only time he'll pay to play)....it's only a game, I know, and maybe I'm being a bit OCD about it...but still....had to vent....thanks.

Wow.....find some new people to play with....this guy sounds like a gem.

Since I manage a golf shop:

Shoes have to be in order by size. Drives me insane to find them out of order.

Also have to arrange shirts on the hooks by size. Small in front...up to XXL in back.

Side note: I have a lot of books.

Arranged first by favorite author...then by publication date. I think people rearrange them when visiting to throw me off.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

I am OCD on how i put my shoes on for golf. How my bag is arranged, cleaning my clubs and grips. How i write on my score card.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Oh...another thing, right pocket is for two tees, ball marker, divot repair tool. Left pocket is for Chapstick. (always)

^ This - exactly.

I have a few others.....

I use the alignment aid on the ball when lining up a putt, but the lettering or writing always has to be upside down to me while I am standing over the putt.

Surprised that through 4 pages of posts there weren't many about having the same club manufacturer throughout the bag. I don't always have a total bag of one brand, but I try to get close. If I have more than one, then the woods can be different, but only the woods - irons and wedges need to be the same.

I only ever use one type of towel, and it is the kind that are given out at a public pool (white with a blue stripe on it). And I always wet one side and the other side is left dry, and it hangs over the left side of the handle of my push cart.

/ What's in my bag is more than meets the eye /

I am not terribly OCD,but here's my list.

- I always arrive 90 minutes before my tee time. I'll putt for 15 minutes, hit a large bucket, then putt for another 15 minutes before I tee off.

- I only use 2 3/4 inch white tees made by pride golf ONLY. I won't use any other tee, so don't offer me one of yours.

- Always walk and wear pants.

- Remove glove after every shot and place in left rear pocket.

- Change gloves every hole. I have about 15 gloves hanging on my bag.

- If I see yellow tees on the teeing ground, I make sure I break them because nobody should ever use a yellow tee (not sure why, just how I feel)

- Ball markers in left rear pocket

- Tees in Right pocket

- Rarely clean my clubs

- Titleist only except for balls, I'll play anything as long as its a tour level ball.

- Nike only apparel except shoes. Their apparel fits my body perfectly.

- On the course, I always pick up any trash, bottles. I feel if I treat the course well, it will reward me back.

Titleist 915 9.5 with Blueboard 73x
Titleist 915F 13 with Blueboard 83x
Titleist 712MB 4-9
Vokey SM4 46,52, 60
Vokey SM5 56
Scotty Cameron Newport 2 33"

Literally everything. But primarily not rattling your clubs or making unnecessary noise during my swing which lasts .3 friggin seconds. And your shadow over the hole or in my putting line on the green. in general, just don't be a moron and be aware of your surroundings.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

My OCD is ball marks and divots. I will fix as many as possible and fill as many as possible. Another is my clubs. I use a

Vokey mid size, and the woods go in the large slot by where the strap is affixed to the bag. Then in the next row, on the left is my 5, 6 and 7, on the right is my 8, 9, PW. The front 2 slots are my 56 and 60° Vokeys, and my Scotty, on the left And right respectively.

Having my bum clean. Carry wipes to keep that wet fart and soilage mess from causing a rash to form. Plays havoc with your mind during shots. Unless the shots are Jameson then you quickly forget about all that.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

Having my bum clean. Carry wipes to keep that wet fart and soilage mess from causing a rash to form. Plays havoc with your mind during shots. Unless the shots are Jameson then you quickly forget about all that.

Two words:

Word not allowed Butter.

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

Two words:

Word not allowed Butter.

Nothing I'd want to put on the table

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0