SeeMore Putters - Anyone?

OspreyCI

I've been playing the SeeMore original FPG for a few years now and it has always been a terrific putter. A couple of weeks back I switched the grip to a SuperStroke 3.0 and added some lead tape to make the head feel a little heavier and now this thing is just plane deadly

Titleist 915 D2 60gX Rogue Silver
Titleist 906F2 13* ProForce V2 90gX
Titleist 690mb 2-P 6.0PX
Titleist Vokey 52* and 58*
SeeMore FPG Putter

I have a mFGP2 Limited 1st Run (204 of 250) putter I bought off someone here on GolfWRX when it was 1st released. After putting a while with it the set-up was all wrong for me. Contacted SeeMore and they were outstanding in helping me and when I got it back from them they even put on a new headcover for no charge. Great Company.

Now for the bad news, it sits in a closest because I cannot putt with it. No idea why as it sits perfect, swings nice and has great feel, I just can't make putts. Guessing its the center shaft design. On a quiet night you can hear it crying asking for another chance. :taunt:

I switched over t a seemore FGP (brass) at the beginning of last year and my putting is better than it has ever been. I picked up a used one to try it out, it had been painted black by the previous owner. After liking it, I ended up having the head stripped down and buffed out, and the inlay areas antiqued for the contrast on the alignment lines. I then sent it off to seemore and they restarted the putter to 37". Great service by seemore, they were very helpful in assisting in the set up of the putter.

Over the last couple of years I had tried a number of different putters and putting styles, including face on putting. I have stuck with the FGP for 1.5 seasons so far and my putting numbers are drastically better. Maybe someday I'll go through a seemore fitting as I have become a believer in their alignment and stroke system

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

Father in law invited me to his annual member/guest this week for the first time. We started slow the first day but the seemore got hot on the second day and we were able to grind back to the middle of the pack. On the third day the greens were rolling at a 12 or so per the pros. We had a number in our head going into the final round and positioned ourselves well going into the last match of the week. On the last hole I was giving a stroke to everyone in the group and they were all looking at short bogey putts on a tough par 5. I was just off the back edge in 3 and had a foot of rough and then 12ft to a hole running away from me. Tapped it with the seemore just enough to get it out of the grass and we all watched it lazily roll down and drop in the cup to win the last hole for a point. We took our flight by a point. I was nervous about bringing the seemore out for a tournament with so little practice with it, but it has earned it's spot in my bag. Great putter.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

Father in law invited me to his annual member/guest this week for the first time. We started slow the first day but the seemore got hot on the second day and we were able to grind back to the middle of the pack. On the third day the greens were rolling at a 12 or so per the pros. We had a number in our head going into the final round and positioned ourselves well going into the last match of the week. On the last hole I was giving a stroke to everyone in the group and they were all looking at short bogey putts on a tough par 5. I was just off the back edge in 3 and had a foot of rough and then 12ft to a hole running away from me. Tapped it with the seemore just enough to get it out of the grass and we all watched it lazily roll down and drop in the cup to win the last hole for a point. We took our flight by a point. I was nervous about bringing the seemore out for a tournament with so little practice with it, but it has earned it's spot in my bag. Great putter.

Thought we heard you yesterday making that putt - Nashville :))!! Well done! Always happy to help.

This is a bit of a silly question but, what is the difference between all the different "lines" of putters? Studio, Milled, Private Reserve, etc. Looking for a 100% milled FGP version, don't want to spend more than I "need" to and don't want to not get the best

Different finishes and different materials. At your convenience give us a call at 615-435-8015 and more than happy to walk you through everything. PR section are limited runs of heads that we get from time to time. Milled is 100% milled product and Studio series is our Nashville series that has a unique finish.

Anyone know which Seemore line of FGP would feel most like my milled Scotty Cameron GoLo S? It produces a beautiful smooth *click* at impact. I had an original brass fgp and I've never had a better stroke than with that putter, but the feel/sound was just dreadful... I recently tried the 303 milled FGP at my local Roger Dunn (used, no new Seemore's in stock), and it produced almost no sound at all, almost too smooth... Is there something in between? Maybe PTM1?

I'm using a Giant FGP and had regular FGP in the past.

Giant is ... giant. It's like putting with a brick. It's made from alumnus and has light milling. It feels very clicky. Nothing bad about clicky because milling is light. Take a little bit time to get used to.

Hide the dot works. Mic drop.

I'm looking to move to one of the Giant series...probably M1t or FGPt...anyone able to tell me about them compared to old models? Also, let me know if you have one to sell me!

Anyone know which Seemore line of FGP would feel most like my milled Scotty Cameron GoLo S? It produces a beautiful smooth *click* at impact. I had an original brass fgp and I've never had a better stroke than with that putter, but the feel/sound was just dreadful... I recently tried the 303 milled FGP at my local Roger Dunn (used, no new Seemore's in stock), and it produced almost no sound at all, almost too smooth... Is there something in between? Maybe PTM1?

I own the carbon steel version of the fgp. It feels great but is definitely quiet and soft when properly struck. Having putted with many models at the store I'd say you are on the right track with the ptm1. I found it to be pleasantly firm.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

• 3 weeks later...

I own the carbon steel version of the fgp. It feels great but is definitely quiet and soft when properly struck. Having putted with many models at the store I'd say you are on the right track with the ptm1. I found it to be pleasantly firm.

Agree. I just added another FGP as I picked up a CS counterbalanced model and you are right, it can be quiet. I had a great first outing with it making a number of mid length putts. I love the FGP style

Driver - Cobra Speedzone

Hybrids

Cobra 17
      Wishon 775 21

Wishon 775 24 
Irons - Callaway Apex MB 6-A
Wedges - Maltby 54 60 TSW DRM
Putters - L.A.B Blad.1 and L.A.B. DF 2.1 Long
Titleist Yellow ProV1x / AVX 

Gotta give SeeMore a customer service shoutout. Earlier this week I purchased a couple putters on their website. On one of them they didn't have the headcover I selected in stock. They emailed me but I didn't respond in time for them to deliver the putters before the weekend. B/c they wanted to make sure they were delivered on time, they included TWO other headcovers and said if I didn't like them they would send any other right away. Thoughtful and solid customer service if you ask me.

Great putters and great company behind them....

Didn't get fit and just bought Si5 34" now I think is too long. Is it okay to cut an inch off? Or do you recommend just putting longer grip like Super stroke 2.0XL and grip down on it.

Titleist TSR2 10 

Titleist 917 F2 5W

Ping 4h 5h

Vega 6-PW
Vega Alcor 50
Titleist SM 8 54
Fourteen RM4 58
Odyssey Eleven Tour Line S 

New to this forum, don't have a huge amount to offer in terms of gear knowledge, but wanted to add my two cents about SeeMore. I recently rebuilt my set after about a decade of not playing much golf, and I struggled to find the right putter. I auditioned various mallets and blades, but I kept misjudging distance and missing four footers. Finally I tried an FGP Original at my local golf shop, and even though the alignment aids didn't exactly fit my set-up (I had always used a forward press, stood slightly open, and tilted my head to the right so that my sight line was behind the ball), I loved the feel, the weighting, the chrome polished sole, the overall look. Also, I found that my distance control was noticeably better than it was with any other putter I had tried.

As I practiced with the FGP, I started experimenting with my set-up, just to see what would happen if I actually hid the dot. So I squared up my address, straightened out my head, and centered my sight line -- those adjustments were pretty easy. The most uncomfortable part was getting rid of my forward press; the beginning of my stroke didn't feel solid without it. But then I shifted my grip to quiet down my wrists, keeping it traditional but moving my hands a bit farther apart and using a strong extended right-hand index finger. Now I hide the dot every time, and my stroke feels square and sturdy. I'm rolling puts really, really well.

So basically the FGP cleaned up my putting technique, which I hadn't expected but, as it turned out, definitely needed.

A note on customer service: the golf shop where I bought the putter didn't have the right headcover, so they ordered one from SeeMore. They ended up ordering a mallet headcover by mistake. I called SeeMore, and (even though all of this was clearly the golf shop's fault) they said no problem, shipped me a new headcover, told me to keep the other one. Took two minutes. Now I feel genuinely invested in this small company. I'll probably buy a mallet to go with my extra headcover. You got me, SeeMore. Well done.

Just played my first 2 rounds with the SeeMore Z3c and really putt pretty well with it. I like the center shaft, my first time playing one. I won't rave or gush about any club until it has been in my bag for a whole season. The honeymoon period has happened too many times to me.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I am back here to say that the Seemore gots lots of love today from me at Golfsmith and PGA SS. The Scotty is going bye bye after demoing a Seemore Corona Del Mar X3. Man that thing feels sweet and I just kept draining them.

Only question is that when I was trying to hide the red dot it looked as if I could see the face of the putter when looking down. That correct?

Wait.. One more question. What would the head weight be for a 34" Corona Del Mar X3?

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Went at lunch and demo'd the Corona Del Mar X3 and figured out the rst much better. Man I love that thing. Feels better than any SC I have owned!

Golo 7 off to BST. A 34" Corona Del Mar X3 Rosemark 1.52 is calling my name.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I am back here to say that the Seemore gots lots of love today from me at Golfsmith and PGA SS. The Scotty is going bye bye after demoing a Seemore Corona Del Mar X3. Man that thing feels sweet and I just kept draining them.

Only question is that when I was trying to hide the red dot it looked as if I could see the face of the putter when looking down. That correct?

Wait.. One more question. What would the head weight be for a 34" Corona Del Mar X3?

Head weight is 360 grams. Loft of the putter head is 2.5 (standard) - might see a bit of the face but it will always be squared to your intended target line.

Head weight is 360 grams. Loft of the putter head is 2.5 (standard) - might see a bit of the face but it will always be squared to your intended target line.

Thanks for the reply. Dumb question here, adding a Rosemark 1.52 grip won't change the head weight feel too much from the stock grip I demo'd?

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Thanks for the reply. Dumb question here, adding a Rosemark 1.52 grip won't change the head weight feel too much from the stock grip I demo'd?

The rosemark 1.52 is 57 grams - what was the grip that you demo'd (not a dumb question - always happy to help)

The rosemark 1.52 is 57 grams - what was the grip that you demo'd (not a dumb question - always happy to help)

Just a black grip that had SEEMORE on it.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Just a black grip that had SEEMORE on it.

With a rosemark you the swing weight will increase by 2-3 swing weight points. Will make it feel a little heavier.

• Gxgolfer changed the title to SeeMore Putters - Anyone?