Colorado WRX 2016

forecast6236

I think Indian Tree is near there. Not a bad track for a quick 9.

Thanks, I'll check that one out. I also thought Fox Hollow might be an option since they have three nines. Wish I could remember which two I played.

Fox Hollow is really nice, great course. Canyons and Meadows are the nicer 9s, Links isn't great.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Indian Tree is near there. Not a bad track for a quick 9.

Thanks, I'll check that one out. I also thought Fox Hollow might be an option since they have three nines. Wish I could remember which two I played.

Fox Hollow is really nice, great course. Canyons and Meadows are the nicer 9s, Links isn't great.

Ended up going out to West Woods (only place I looked at online where it looked like I could get on) and played the Silo nine. Nice, enjoyable course. A little soggy and the greens were very soft. But rolled well. A couple of nice views.

This is news to me: City Park Golf Course will close after the 2017 season to do a total redesign due to some stormwater drainage changes that need to be made. It will reopen sometime in 2019. There is an open house on Saturday, July 30, between 8am-noon to discuss the redesign.

Who are they going to bring in? Crenshaw? Dye? :D

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

This is news to me: City Park Golf Course will close after the 2017 season to do a total redesign due to some stormwater drainage changes that need to be made. It will reopen sometime in 2019. There is an open house on Saturday, July 30, between 8am-noon to discuss the redesign.

Without getting too political, isn't there a HUGE amount of debate over the handling of the stormwater drainage channel? I think it's all about how they're packaging it together with the also hotly debated I-70 expansion as a colossal waste of tax dollars. I can't remember all the nuances, but if someone's got a cliffnotes version, fill me in! I've been reading a bunch of Post articles about the whole thing.

That said, how are they going to shoehorn in a big enough retaining pond on the course and still have space for 18 holes? I haven't played City Park (and I only live two miles away, lol), so I'm not sure how much space they're actually working with...

Holy moly. Played Todd Creek today (played poorly, but the course was in good shape), but because I travel so often, I'd forgotten what it's like to play a mid-summer round. Are ALL the greens in the metro area as fast as it seemed like Murphy and Todd Creek were this week?! Never played on anything so fast before...or maybe my putting is just way off.

Legacy Ridge was rolling fast last week, was nice. A few weeks before the putting green was stupid fast but the course was very slow. Made the first few holes tough to sort out speed.

I just could not get my head around the speed today (Monday wasn't too bad). I think I hit the edge of the cup 7-8 times and nothing fell. Not a single one-putt all afternoon. Suffice to say, today was one to forget, especially coming off of a solid round early in the week. That's golf, I guess.

ETA: Good luck to everyone playing this weekend! Let's work to get a big group together sometime in the near future?

Legacy Ridge was rolling fast last week, was nice. A few weeks before the putting green was stupid fast but the course was very slow. Made the first few holes tough to sort out speed.

I just could not get my head around the speed today (Monday wasn't too bad). I think I hit the edge of the cup 7-8 times and nothing fell. Not a single one-putt all afternoon. Suffice to say, today was one to forget, especially coming off of a solid round early in the week. That's golf, I guess.

ETA: Good luck to everyone playing this weekend! Let's work to get a big group together sometime in the near future?

I'm in town quite a bit (and probably moving over there, hopefully within the year), I'd like to hookup with a group if something gets put together.

I'm free all weekend to get a group together. Maybe we can organize a skins game or something like that? Even just a round with the group sounds great to me.

Love it. You've seen my game (although it's a little better right now) and I'm not sure I'm willing to put my money on the line...but I'm always down to play. Traveling back from LA this Saturday and already committed to a Sunday AM round this weekend, but after that, let's do it.

A bit of a detour from the typical posts, but does anyone know of someone in the area who does stampings? I have a set of cheap Harbor Freight stamps and want to mess around with my wedges, but my tests on some donor wedges have revealed really unsatisfying results. Anyone know someone in metro Denver who'll do it?

Holy moly. Played Todd Creek today (played poorly, but the course was in good shape), but because I travel so often, I'd forgotten what it's like to play a mid-summer round. Are ALL the greens in the metro area as fast as it seemed like Murphy and Todd Creek were this week?! Never played on anything so fast before...or maybe my putting is just way off.

If you think those are fast, go down and try out South Suburban. Then you'll know what fast is on a hot summer day.

I just read that TPC is building a golf community in Colorado.

http://www.tpc.com/t...=1021&newsId=95

I was excited about it--until I saw that it's all the up in Wyoming Berthoud. Meh.

Brian - FYI just ordered 5 dz Vice Pro+. They'll arrive Friday (hopefully early) and hope to get them out on Friday. If not, this weekend for sure.

Do you have any of their hats? How do they fit? I have a big head (7 1/2) and tend to favor deeper hats.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Brian - FYI just ordered 5 dz Vice Pro+. They'll arrive Friday (hopefully early) and hope to get them out on Friday. If not, this weekend for sure.

Do you have any of their hats? How do they fit? I have a big head (7 1/2) and tend to favor deeper hats.

Nice! I hope my glowing review doesn't lead you astray...and if you don't get on with them, hit me up. I might be willing to take them off your hands. I've always said that I'm not the type of player to get the REALLY subtle differences in balls, so in my side-by-side with at ProV1X, I didn't notice anything glaring that wouldn't warrant purchasing. I'm a sucker for design, first and foremost, and the ball looks like the business. It's nice to know you're likely the only one on the course with one as well, so finding yours in the long grass is a little easier, too. I think you'll dig them (and if you somehow don't, like I said, PM me and we can work out a deal). I've also put them up against the previous B330RXS and been happy in that comparison, too.

Wearing my navy hat now; just the original logo hat. I think you'll dig it. There were some complaints about the quality of the hats IRL versus what you see on the site...but in honesty, if you look at their style and how contrasty their photos are, there's basically no way you're getting something that rich looking in person. I don't find it to be much of a problem, but I'm not a nitpicker like that on relatively low-cost items like a $25 hat...but that's just me. That said, the hat will fit you perfectly. I've got a small noggin and prefer just a bit more shallow hats (which few seem to make) and the Vice caps keep that trend going. So it sits a little high on my head, but given that I'm used to it, it's not a deal breaker. I think you'll like what you get. FWIW, I got the mint green one for my little brother last Christmas and he's loved his as well.

Which hat are you thinking about getting?

Also, I was just thinking earlier about the Puma flat bill headcover and wondered how I could make my own. Went to the Vice site. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?!

headcover_camo_slide01_desktop.jpg

http://www.vicegolf.com/us2/vice-golf-headcover-camo

If Yoda wasn't already on my bag...I'm all over this. Although there's also a garbage can driver cover which more accurately suits my driver...lol.

Nice! I hope my glowing review doesn't lead you astray...and if you don't get on with them, hit me up. I might be willing to take them off your hands. I've always said that I'm not the type of player to get the REALLY subtle differences in balls, so in my side-by-side with at ProV1X, I didn't notice anything glaring that wouldn't warrant purchasing. I'm a sucker for design, first and foremost, and the ball looks like the business. It's nice to know you're likely the only one on the course with one as well, so finding yours in the long grass is a little easier, too. I think you'll dig them (and if you somehow don't, like I said, PM me and we can work out a deal). I've also put them up against the previous B330RXS and been happy in that comparison, too.

Wearing my navy hat now; just the original logo hat. I think you'll dig it. There were some complaints about the quality of the hats IRL versus what you see on the site...but in honesty, if you look at their style and how contrasty their photos are, there's basically no way you're getting something that rich looking in person. I don't find it to be much of a problem, but I'm not a nitpicker like that on relatively low-cost items like a $25 hat...but that's just me. That said, the hat will fit you perfectly. I've got a small noggin and prefer just a bit more shallow hats (which few seem to make) and the Vice caps keep that trend going. So it sits a little high on my head, but given that I'm used to it, it's not a deal breaker. I think you'll like what you get. FWIW, I got the mint green one for my little brother last Christmas and he's loved his as well.

B - Thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll like the balls. Like you I can't tell the subtle differences in balls.

I'm thinking about getting a few hats: White Crew Cap, Orange Squad Cap and a Beige High Crown visor. You do have me worried that they are going to be too shallow for me. I like a deep hat and want it to basically on my ears. I'm going to order them up today and see how they fit.

FYI : My wife is excited as well. I got her the Vice Tour balls.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Also, I was just thinking earlier about the Puma flat bill headcover and wondered how I could make my own. Went to the Vice site. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?!

http://www.vicegolf....-headcover-camo

If Yoda wasn't already on my bag...I'm all over this. Although there's also a garbage can driver cover which more accurately suits my driver...lol.

I saw those but I really like the set of headcovers I got from Rose and Fire.

The towels looks pretty cool too but I got plenty.

Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4

Without getting too political, isn't there a HUGE amount of debate over the handling of the stormwater drainage channel? I think it's all about how they're packaging it together with the also hotly debated I-70 expansion as a colossal waste of tax dollars. I can't remember all the nuances, but if someone's got a cliffnotes version, fill me in! I've been reading a bunch of Post articles about the whole thing.

That said, how are they going to shoehorn in a big enough retaining pond on the course and still have space for 18 holes? I haven't played City Park (and I only live two miles away, lol), so I'm not sure how much space they're actually working with...

I don't see how they could possibly still fit an 18 hole championship course. All of us players were talking about it during the Denver City AM and most everyone was under the impression that it wouldn't be any longer. When you look at the property there really isn't much space that is unused and even then there are at least three par 4's that are under 350 yards. I know the new retaining pond is going to be where 17, 18, and the driving range are. Now, if they pull the First tee area out and turn that into a hole or two I could see a full-length course being possible but that's the only option in my mind, and not a great one.

With all that said, I would vote for a full-length par 3 course. Besides the course at Kennedy I really can't think of a single true length par 3 course. Most all of them have a bunch of 50-80 yard holes and MAYBE one of them is 170+. How about a par 3 course with at least six 200+ yard holes and some 100-200 yard holes? I would play that course all the time as I'm sure just about everyone would.

I'm really curious what you think of the vice ball. Personally I don't notice a difference between balls when it comes to putting or full swing. However, I notice a HUUUUGGGEEE difference in short game spin between golf balls. I have yet to find one that spins the way the proV1 does when chipping. There are a couple that come close (B330, Chrome Soft) but I haven't found one that stacks up on the short game side. Let me know what you think, I'm really curious to see if it stacks up on that side considering the designer is from Titleist.

http://www.vicegolf....-headcover-camo

I saw those but I really like the set of headcovers I got from Rose and Fire.

The towels looks pretty cool too but I got plenty.

I won't get the towel because I never wash the two I have. One's a cheap Powerade towel from my time with U.S. Soccer, and the other is some random Nike towel. No need for more!

Don't worry about the hat. I think you'll be just fine. Also, I'll say there's nothing quite like opening up a package of Vice balls. Their packaging is top-notch.

I'm really curious what you think of the vice ball. Personally I don't notice a difference between balls when it comes to putting or full swing. However, I notice a HUUUUGGGEEE difference in short game spin between golf balls. I have yet to find one that spins the way the proV1 does when chipping. There are a couple that come close (B330, Chrome Soft) but I haven't found one that stacks up on the short game side. Let me know what you think, I'm really curious to see if it stacks up on that side considering the designer is from Titleist.

Next time I see you, I'll bring you a sleeve.

I don't see how they could possibly still fit an 18 hole championship course. All of us players were talking about it during the Denver City AM and most everyone was under the impression that it wouldn't be any longer. When you look at the property there really isn't much space that is unused and even then there are at least three par 4's that are under 350 yards. I know the new retaining pond is going to be where 17, 18, and the driving range are. Now, if they pull the First tee area out and turn that into a hole or two I could see a full-length course being possible but that's the only option in my mind, and not a great one.

With all that said, I would vote for a full-length par 3 course. Besides the course at Kennedy I really can't think of a single true length par 3 course. Most all of them have a bunch of 50-80 yard holes and MAYBE one of them is 170+. How about a par 3 course with at least six 200+ yard holes and some 100-200 yard holes? I would play that course all the time as I'm sure just about everyone would.

Agree completely with this. I do love a good, challenging par 3 course that actually makes me hit something other than a 55º wedge on every hole. But you just know they're going to find a way to put 18 in and it'll be crap.

My golf league is playing their annual Ryder Cup-style tournament tomorrow at Fox Hollow. All 27 holes. I'm sad I can't play it in, but I'm also relieved since they are starting at 6:30am. I value my sleep. :D

Unfortunately, the next time I can swing my golf clubs is August 14 at Wellshire.

(I did play once while I was in Sweden. The good news is that my raging sea-level hook is almost gone. The bad news is that I still can't break 90 over there. :()