Mizuno JPX 900 Tour irons

Konklifer

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizuno is AHEAD of the game with custom options. Free shaft upgrades where as other OEMs charge $20-$100 per stick for the shaft you want in it...

Come on guys?!?!

When have Mizuno offered free upcharges on shafts like Recoils, Steelfibers, Nippon Pro Modus? Just because they have offered 'free upcharges' on shafts, means very little if their choice is restricted in the first place. Personally, I would rather have the choice, but have to pay extra, than not have the choice at all.

FWIW Srixon will be well ahead of Mizuno and anyone else when it come to 'no upcharge options' on their new Irons in Sept. Anything from the Nippon Catalogue inc Pro Modus range, anything from the True Temper Catalogue, Anything from the KBS Catalogue, and anything from the PX catalogue. If that happens, it will knock any other OEM out of the ball park for no cost options!

Mizuno is AHEAD of the game with custom options. Free shaft upgrades where as other OEMs charge $20-$100 per stick for the shaft you want in it...

Come on guys?!?!

When have Mizuno offered free upcharges on shafts like Recoils, Steelfibers, Nippon Pro Modus? Just because they have offered 'free upcharges' on shafts, means very little if their choice is restricted in the first place. Personally, I would rather have the choice, but have to pay extra, than not have the choice at all.

FWIW Srixon will be well ahead of Mizuno and anyone else when it come to 'no upcharge options' on their new Irons in Sept. Anything from the Nippon Catalogue inc Pro Modus range, anything from the True Temper Catalogue, Anything from the KBS Catalogue, and anything from the PX catalogue. If that happens, it will knock any other OEM out of the ball park for no cost options!

Srixon forgings are outstanding, but they have played this tune before. They need to get their irons into US shops before then can be ahead of anyone in anything.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

Come on guys?!?!

Srixon forgings are outstanding, but they have played this tune before. They need to get their irons into US shops before then can be ahead of anyone in anything.

None of which alters the fact and my own personal opinion, that Mizunos' shaft offerings albeit 'free no upcharge' are still limited in it's content. And therefore to my mind leaves them far from 'ahead of the game'. As I said, I would rather have a more comprehensive choice, but have to pay some extra for most of them, than not have the choice at all.

Henry Fords' quote of 'Any colour you like, as long as it's black', springs to mind.. Surprising still how so many people are fooled by a similar ploy 100 years later. :taunt:

Come on guys?!?!

None of which alters the fact and my own personal opinion, that Mizunos' shaft offerings albeit 'free no upcharge' are still limited in it's content. And therefore to my mind leaves them far from 'ahead of the game'. As I said, I would rather have a more comprehensive choice, but have to pay some extra for most of them, than not have the choice at all.

Henry Fords' quote of 'Any colour you like, as long as it's black', springs to mind.. Surprising still how so many people are fooled by a similar ploy 100 years later. :taunt:

Mizuno still has quite a bit of iron shaft options. Most people can still find something that would fit their swing. I'm not familiar with any major manufacturer who offers everything. Even Callaway has a lot of iron shafts, but not everything. Then again, I don't like how Callaway doesn't really offer any heavier fairway wood shaft options.

I just confirmed with my buddy who is a Mizuno rep that they are adding the Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 , UST Recoil and Project X LZ as well as the "Real" EVO Speeder II for the woods all at no Up charge.

That's pretty strong at least in the Irons

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I just confirmed with my buddy who is a Mizuno rep that they are adding the Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 , UST Recoil and Project X LZ as well as the "Real" EVO Speeder II for the woods all at no Up charge.

Best in the buis for free shaft upgrades. Wish Nike followed suit

The Recoil is a $30+ upgrade for some manufacturers. That would be huge.

Wish they did the Modus 3 120 however. 105 that I have in my irons are a little low in the static weight for my swing.

Nice irons. Very hard for me to take Mizuno seriously as they have zero custom options. So until they catch up to the big boys its a pass as usual for me.

I gotta disagree- Mizzy is about the best about zero uncharged options in their irons especially. They offer a TON of options. Even their fitting cart allows you to try lighter heads in over length shafts to keep swing weight consistent .

They offer 2 graphite shafts (their standard and tour versions). They are a bit better with steel but again they have a dozen shafts. Great if they have the one you want. Not so good if they don't. You can debate how that matches up to someone like Titliest (i.e. tons of shafts but they can get pricey)

Mizuno will install any shaft you want like Titliest at a cost, unless it's on their free upgrade list of course.

Not in Europe that won't. What you see is what you get I'm afraid. Of the 12 steel options they offer 3 are XP models (great if you like the XP range), and of those 12 someone like Titleist already offer 6 of those 12 as 'no cost options anyway, and to have the far more extensive range of choices that Titleist have (even if they are at cost) seems like a better deal for the customer - choice is good.

However, if, as you say Mizuno will still fit any shaft you want in the US, that's good too, but that format is not available everywhere as I said.

It would be good if Mizuno decide to offer a few more options this time around. As their offerings at the moment are a bit limited. And as I said, if Srixon do decide to offer anything you want from the KBS, Project X, True Temper, and Nippon Catalogues as 'no cost options, it will leave not just Mizuno, but all other OEM's flailing somewhat. But as another post said, that's not 100% confirmed at the moment until the official announcement has been made. Though there are some other Golf related websites that are writing this.

With Nippon shafts now being a no upcharge option......anyone know if the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer will now have these shafts programmed as possible recommendations?

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

With Nippon shafts now being a no upcharge option......anyone know if the Mizuno Shaft Optimizer will now have these shafts programmed as possible recommendations?

If they are offered as an option they should be in the optimizer options. Was my understanding they only had available options in the software, but how often that's updated is another story.

Any word on the specs of the tour irons? So hoping they bring a 2 iron offering this year.

-Taylormade BRNR 11.5* set at 9.5* Ventus Red TR 7X playing 44.25”
-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 16* set at 15* Ventus Blue 8X

-Mizuno STz 230 hybrid 19* Ventus Blue 9X

-Mizuno JPX 923 Forged4&5, Tour 6-PW Project X LS 6.5
-Titleist Vokey SM9 50F set to 51*, 56D, & 62M set to 61*

-Mizuno M-Craft OMOI Type 1 Blue Putter

Mizuno will install any shaft you want like Titliest at a cost, unless it's on their free upgrade list of course.

Not in Europe that won't. What you see is what you get I'm afraid. Of the 12 steel options they offer 3 are XP models (great if you like the XP range), and of those 12 someone like Titleist already offer 6 of those 12 as 'no cost options anyway, and to have the far more extensive range of choices that Titleist have (even if they are at cost) seems like a better deal for the customer - choice is good.

However, if, as you say Mizuno will still fit any shaft you want in the US, that's good too, but that format is not available everywhere as I said.

It would be good if Mizuno decide to offer a few more options this time around. As their offerings at the moment are a bit limited. And as I said, if Srixon do decide to offer anything you want from the KBS, Project X, True Temper, and Nippon Catalogues as 'no cost options, it will leave not just Mizuno, but all other OEM's flailing somewhat. But as another post said, that's not 100% confirmed at the moment until the official announcement has been made. Though there are some other Golf related websites that are writing this.

When you consider that Titleist irons run $200 USD more than Mizuno's offerings, I would hardly call that "no cost".

When you consider that Titleist irons run $200 USD more than Mizuno's offerings, I would hardly call that "no cost".

And if you want something like PX shafts in Titleist expect to pay even more.

Mizzy MP range is the same retail price as the Titleist AP2/CB/MB in Europe, just saying. However, when all is said and done, whatever side of the fence you're seeing it from, if Mizuno are offering more 'no cost options' without raising the prices, that has to be welcome, and I for one would congratulate them for that, and see that as a positive move forward.

Mizzy MP range is the same retail price as the Titleist AP2/CB/MB in Europe, just saying. However, when all is said and done, whatever side of the fence you're seeing it from, if Mizuno are offering more 'no cost options' without raising the prices, that has to be welcome, and I for one would congratulate them for that, and see that as a positive move forward.

At least in the United States right now you can get quite a few Mizuno forged options for $999 with no upcharge on shafts. Compare that to Callaway which is like $1,200 or $1,300 with no upcharge, and then Titleist which is the same as Callaway except will upcharge. If I'm paying $1,500 or $1,600 for Titleist irons I'll just go buy PXG.

At least in the United States right now you can get quite a few Mizuno forged options for $999 with no upcharge on shafts. Compare that to Callaway which is like $1,200 or $1,300 with no upcharge, and then Titleist which is the same as Callaway except will upcharge. If I'm paying $1,500 or $1,600 for Titleist irons I'll just go buy PXG.

No, that's fair enough, I didn't realize that was the case over there, and therefore puts a very slightly different spin on things. It's just that over here, the price of a set of Titleist irons is the same as Mizuno MP's. :taunt:

The Recoil is a $30+ upgrade for some manufacturers. That would be huge.

Wish they did the Modus 3 120 however. 105 that I have in my irons are a little low in the static weight for my swing.

And free with others.

It seems like for an about 10 handicapper, Mizuno will have a huge option range

JPx-EZ forged

jpx forged

jpx tour

mp-h5

mp-54

mp-25

And for the guys that can't putt, the mp-15s:).

Thats a lot of irons to demo.:)

I haven't played Mizuno irons in a while however I am always very interested in their new offerings. Cant wait to see them.

Driver...TBD

3 wood... TBD

Ping G430 #3 hybrid with RDX red 80 

Srixon ZX MK 11 #3 Utility iron 

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges... TBD

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

I love all the premadonnas on this board who can't play one of the many shaft options from mizuno and b**** because they don't have the more exotic shafts available for free. Club fitting has turned some of you guys mental. You are amateur golfers. Your swing needs fixed not your shaft.

So we all 'fix' our swings to swing in a particular way purely to fit a shaft? Lol. Ludicrous comment. Amateurs or not, choice is good in life.

I love all the premadonnas on this board who can't play one of the many shaft options from mizuno and b**** because they don't have the more exotic shafts available for free. Club fitting has turned some of you guys mental. You are amateur golfers. Your swing needs fixed not your shaft.

So we all 'fix' our swings to swing in a particular way purely to fit a shaft? Lol. Ludicrous comment. Amateurs or not, choice is good in life.

To be fair he is right , you could perfectly fit somebody with a selection of about 10 shafts. The differences are purely feel based and cosmetic . personally I pick a shaft based upon how cool it looks as I know from testing there isn't a great deal of difference even at the most opposite ends of the spectrum you are talking about a higher flight with a shaft that is way too soft

If the shaft is wrong it's not gonna cause you to hit terrible shots, that would be the swings fault

Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

Ball - pro v1x
Grips - Crossline cord

Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58

To be fair he is right , you could perfectly fit somebody with a selection of about 10 shafts. The differences are purely feel based and cosmetic . personally I pick a shaft based upon how cool it looks as I know from testing there isn't a great deal of difference even at the most opposite ends of the spectrum you are talking about a higher flight with a shaft that is way too soft

If the shaft is wrong it's not gonna cause you to hit terrible shots, that would be the swings fault

What they said and +1

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

Cally, TM, and titleist are all 200-300 more than mizuno....ap2 is $168 per club, mizuno is $125.......always gonna be someone who isn't happy.....deal with it, some folks are just looking for next meal and here we are crying about a friggen golf shaft.......take $40 you save per club and put whatever you want in it......not that big a deal.......players find the clubs they want and figure out how to do it, consumers are worried about what kinda deal and how many options they can get only to dump em and get an entirely different setup few weeks later......

Have hits numerous shafts and it's not that big a difference.......very slight differences......ballflight and dispersion is swing and contact more than the shaft..

Good on Mizuno that's SOLID. The Tour irons look slick a departure from the Mizuno MP norm I like it...BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1