SeeMore Putters - Anyone?

OspreyCI

I really wish Seemore would offer the Z1C in left handed. Only thing preventing me in owning one is the fact the z2c and z3c in lefty are just plain funky.

As a fellow lefty, I felt the same way. I bought the Z3c and have been very happy with it. The "funky" look has grown on me by the way. I wouldn't let this stop you. As a lefty you know that you can't hold your breath hoping for a company to make a lefty club because you want it; it never works out.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

How giant is it?

Just putted on a practice green with my new Si3. Took my Cameron Monteray along. 1 ball each. SeeMore was much easier to align and that gave me the confidence that all I needed to do was make a solid stroke. Camerons look cool in the bag (mine does anyway-lol) but if you cant putt then who cares. The Si3 got me closer to the hole, better alignment, and more confidence. And it wasnt even close. I will take both again on Thursday for another putting practice hour.

I used to play SeeMore, got away from it (thanks wrx! ha) but now I am firmly back in the camp. Cannot wait to play this weekend!

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

It's not too big for me. 1st putting session w/ it took some adjusting, but now i can't even look at my old brass FGP w/ confidence. I came from an Anser 2 to this and it looks way too small for me too. Just to note, I have not tried the Giant before, so I can't compare how big the M1t is in person to that model.

I've gamed many Seemore's over the years.. Played a mfgp2 Carbon a few seasons, and most recently played the Seemore mfgp DF Carbon most of last year. For some reason I got in a funk and instead of going back to my fundamentals I swung through golfsmith and picked up a new Scotty.... This past offseason I went through a putter fitting with Edel, and while I've putted well with my Edel, I've just never had the confidence with it inside 10ft that I did my Seemore. Fast forward to this week, my Edel is back at the factory due to some finish issues (another thing I never had happen with Seemore), so I took my old original bronze stealth black FGP out for a spin and putted the absolute best I have all season. Just 27 putts over 18 holes. It was amazing how much more comfortable I felt at set-up... Needless to say when my Edel comes back it'll be in the closet. Now just debating on if I want to keep rolling that bronze stealth or try to track down a Carbon mfgp or mfgp DF... Just love the feel of Seemore's Carbon putters...

TM Mini 300 11.5 Ventus TR Blue 6

Rogue ST LS 3HL Ventus Blue 7

Epic Super Hybrid 20* Ventus HB 8

Srixon ZX MKII Utility 23* Recoil Dart 90

Srixon ZX5 5-6 Steelfiber i95

Srixon ZX7 7-AW Steelfiber i95

Edel SMS 56* V Grind Steelfiber i95

Vokey SM8 60* M grind Steelfiber i95
LAB Mezz 

Why does it feel like I have to lean the shaft back to hide the red dot on my Corona Del Mar X3?

Also, can't use my normal forward press to start the stroke or the red dot appears.

After watching numerous Pat O'Brien videos I am good now. Just trust the stroke after my SeeMore sets me up. I didn't realize how much I manipulated the putter the my hands to make a stroke. Just trust it after a proper setup.

Thanks Seemore and Pat.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Why does it feel like I have to lean the shaft back to hide the red dot on my Corona Del Mar X3?

Also, can't use my normal forward press to start the stroke or the red dot appears.

it probably means you are playing the ball too far forward in your stance. I had the same problem when i went back to my SeeMore from my Anser 2. It opens up your left shoulder as well when you play it that far forward. I used to play the ball off of my front toe for years and now it's 1 ball left of center and feels natural after working on it a few weeks. I also moved the grip to my fingers a little more w/ a little more grip pressure. I would say out of 10 (10 being squeezing the life out of it & 1 being as soft as I could hold it w/out letting go of the putter), my grip used to be palms and probably about a 2 or 3 on the grip scale. With my grip in the fingers more and grip pressure around 6 or 7, I am controlling the putter face better than I ever have and my accuracy has really improved. It takes a little time to get used to speed control with new grip/grip pressure, but once I figured it out, I have to say that I now have better speed control because i'm striking the middle of the face so much more often.

After watching numerous Pat O'Brien videos I am good now. Just trust the stroke after my SeeMore sets me up. I didn't realize how much I manipulated the putter the my hands to make a stroke. Just trust it after a proper setup.

Thanks Seemore and Pat.

It didnt take me anytime at all on the putting green to get back that setup feel and fundamentals. Like you, I was pretty shocked at how much I was manipulating my setup and stroke with my other putter. After getting lined up properly hiding the dot, just gotta put a nice stroke on the ball. I sure hope I putt better Sunday!

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

it probably means you are playing the ball too far forward in your stance. I had the same problem when i went back to my SeeMore from my Anser 2. It opens up your left shoulder as well when you play it that far forward. I used to play the ball off of my front toe for years and now it's 1 ball left of center and feels natural after working on it a few weeks. I also moved the grip to my fingers a little more w/ a little more grip pressure. I would say out of 10 (10 being squeezing the life out of it & 1 being as soft as I could hold it w/out letting go of the putter), my grip used to be palms and probably about a 2 or 3 on the grip scale. With my grip in the fingers more and grip pressure around 6 or 7, I am controlling the putter face better than I ever have and my accuracy has really improved. It takes a little time to get used to speed control with new grip/grip pressure, but once I figured it out, I have to say that I now have better speed control because i'm striking the middle of the face so much more often.

Exactly. This is why I've gone to the Seemore. My tendency is to play the ball too far forward. This helps me see the line better, but it also tends to make me take the club outside, and use an out-to-in path. Maybe, as you pointed out, it opens my shoulders. I've never noticed before, but it would make sense. I find that the further I move the ball back in my stance, the easier it is to take it back inside slightly and stay on plane. So the Seemore RST and suggested setup position has helped me fix this issue and gives me positive feedback that I can have confidence in. I know that when my nose, navel, hands, and clubshaft are in-line, and I've hidden the red dot, I'm good to go.

100% agree what you guys are saying and seeing. I have a practice putting mat in my garage and been working hard to get this setup correct. After getting the setup right like Pat showed in the videos, just rocking my shoulders I could not believe how straight the ball was rolling. It was crazy. Tried my Spider against it and I immediately saw that I was cutting the ball a bit and it was all over the place. The Seemore was on a string! Very excited to take it to the course.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

100% agree what you guys are saying and seeing. I have a practice putting mat in my garage and been working hard to get this setup correct. After getting the setup right like Pat showed in the videos, just rocking my shoulders I could not believe how straight the ball was rolling. It was crazy. Tried my Spider against it and I immediately saw that I was cutting the ball a bit and it was all over the place. The Seemore was on a string! Very excited to take it to the course.

Great work guys! Awesome! Appreciate the support.

Just picked up my first see more. After reading this thread I figured why not. Playing tomorrow so I'll report backup see how she does.

Hope she does good by you. I fell into seemore this year. Got tired of having great days putting followed by terrible days. Noticed my setup was never the same every weekend with my forward press. Decided to cut the variables.

Enter mFGP carbon. First day on the putting green was roooough, until I rewired my brain and reset my tendency to be open to the target. Squared up and draino. The honeymoon started.

Honeymoon. Is over and I'm still in love. Only thing that makes my eye wander now is the exact same putter in the df version.

Is my putting flawless now? Nope, but it is lower and way more consistent than it has ever been.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

Just picked up my first see more. After reading this thread I figured why not. Playing tomorrow so I'll report backup see how she does.

Hope she does good by you. I fell into seemore this year. Got tired of having great days putting followed by terrible days. Noticed my setup was never the same every weekend with my forward press. Decided to cut the variables.

Enter mFGP carbon. First day on the putting green was roooough, until I rewired my brain and reset my tendency to be open to the target. Squared up and draino. The honeymoon started.

Honeymoon. Is over and I'm still in love. Only thing that makes my eye wander now is the exact same putter in the df version.

Is my putting flawless now? Nope, but it is lower and way more consistent than it has ever been.

This is all Im looking for. I know putting is my weakest link in the game. Always has been. I wish I was a better putter. Need all the help I can get.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

First round in the books and I'm really impressed. Not sure if it was me or the putter but my stroke felt really good today and I made some clutch 4-6 footers. My lag putting was also really good, which is something I've been struggling with lately.

The only negative - the POS headcover - more like a sock with the mullet on back to snap on to the shaft? I'm not asking for anything fancy but why not a normal headcover. I know they sell separate headcovers online but really.

The putter is great so I know this is peanuts but probably the worst putter cover from any boutique putter company.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

First round in the books and I'm really impressed. Not sure if it was me or the putter but my stroke felt really good today and I made some clutch 4-6 footers. My lag putting was also really good, which is something I've been struggling with lately.

The only negative - the POS headcover - more like a sock with the mullet on back to snap on to the shaft? I'm not asking for anything fancy but why not a normal headcover. I know they sell separate headcovers online but really.

The putter is great so I know this is peanuts but probably the worst putter cover from any boutique putter company.

I played my first round today with a fgp mallet and I can almost throw a mirror on this post for myself. Especially with lag putts. Most looked like they were dropping. I will say having the lines lined up did make me feel good about how my position was and I feel helped me make a nice stroke on the ball. Looking forward to upcoming rounds.

1. The putter cover I have to agree is horrible. It's a shame to throw a headcover like this on what I feel is a very nice looking putter. Terrible design and I hadn't even hit the course before I was looking for alternatives on flea bay. I hate Velcro headcovers.

2. Although it hasn't seemed to cause a problem yet since I have only one round, just a general observation. For a 355 gram head I don't think I have ever felt a heavier putter besides a counterbalance or the actual heavy putter brand putters. This thing is like swinging a sledge hammer. Before I ever hit the course it kinda worried me. I played slow greens tonight an it worked good but does worry me about the fast greens I generally play. Did others with the mallet fgp experience the same sensation?

Overall through 9 holes i like what I see. Hope that honeymoon doesn't end abruptly

[u]Driver [/u]- Taylormade M5 9 degree - Tensei Pro White 70TX
[u]3 wood[/u] - TEE CB4--Axivcore Tour Green 85X
[u]Hybrid[/u] - Callaway X2hot 18 Tour Green 75X
[u]Irons[/u] - Titleist 714 AP2 4-pw DG X100
[u]Wedges [/u]- SM7 52, SM5 58 DG X100
[u]Putter [/u]- Seemore FGP Mallet

I have already ordered another headcover for my Si3. There was nothing wrong with the stock one - just me being stuffy. :taunt:

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

The headcover on mine does fit a little weird but I like it. It looks like it will hold up pretty well. Unlike the Odyssey one on my old putter that has gone to crap rather quickly.

Can you take a picture of the head cover that you have? Thanks. Where did you purchase as well?

Yeah I can later today. I actually like the cover and maybe it is just me thinking it is fitting weird. I did buy the putter on eBay so who knows. It looks like the official SeeMore cover.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour
Nike Vapor Fly 3w+
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW
Cobra King 52*
Titleist Vokey 56*
SeeMore Corona Del Mar X4

The headcover on mine does fit a little weird but I like it. It looks like it will hold up pretty well. Unlike the Odyssey one on my old putter that has gone to crap rather quickly.

Can you take a picture of the head cover that you have? Thanks. Where did you purchase as well?

Yeah I can later today. I actually like the cover and maybe it is just me thinking it is fitting weird. I did buy the putter on eBay so who knows. It looks like the official SeeMore cover.

Gotcha - long time ago we had a "Sock" head cover that had a snap clasp on it. Here are much better options for you. http://www.seemore.com/accessories/headcovers/blade-and-small-mallet-head-covers.html - Again we appreciate your being a part of team SeeMore.

Gotcha - long time ago we had a "Sock" head cover that had a snap clasp on it. Here are much better options for you. http://www.seemore.com/accessories/headcovers/blade-and-small-mallet-head-covers.html - Again we appreciate your being a part of team SeeMore.

Yeah that's the one I got - sock with a clasp. I'm glad to hear you moved away from that design.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

Just a little over the top? Maybe its not your cup of tea, but a POS?

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

When I got my FPG years ago I actually went to a golf shop specifically to buy a Scotty Cameron. I wanted a putter with bling like many of my low handicap friends have. I'd always been a terrible putter and relied entirely on my ball striking to maintain my single digit handicap. I'd hit almost every green in regulation and three putt more than half of them. I went in the store and began putting with the various Camerons they had on the rack. I noticed the funky looking FPG on the rack and picked it up. It was actually the funky look that caught my eye. The store owner told me about how the red dot worked. I made a few practice strokes trying not to see the dot. Then I hit a few putts. The results were astounding. I left the store with the FPG and half of the cash I'd gone into the store with that I was planning on spending on a Cameron.

This season I added a SuperStroke 3.0 grip and some lead tape and it has taken this putter to a whole new level compared to its original black grip. The funny thing is I'm reaching an age where my ball striking and distance is starting to slip a little bit and it is now the putter that is keeping my scores in the 70s. Three putts have become rare for me and I'm making more putts in the 5 to 15 foot range than ever before. I'm also playing with a lot less stress because of the pressure that is taken off of the rest of my game because I can get the ball in the hole on the greens.

Titleist 915 D2 60gX Rogue Silver
Titleist 906F2 13* ProForce V2 90gX
Titleist 690mb 2-P 6.0PX
Titleist Vokey 52* and 58*
SeeMore FPG Putter

When I got my FPG years ago I actually went to a golf shop specifically to buy a Scotty Cameron. I wanted a putter with bling like many of my low handicap friends have. I'd always been a terrible putter and relied entirely on my ball striking to maintain my single digit handicap. I'd hit almost every green in regulation and three putt more than half of them. I went in the store and began putting with the various Camerons they had on the rack. I noticed the funky looking FPG on the rack and picked it up. It was actually the funky look that caught my eye. The store owner told me about how the red dot worked. I made a few practice strokes trying not to see the dot. Then I hit a few putts. The results were astounding. I left the store with the FPG and half of the cash I'd gone into the store with that I was planning on spending on a Cameron.

This season I added a SuperStroke 3.0 grip and some lead tape and it has taken this putter to a whole new level compared to its original black grip. The funny thing is I'm reaching an age where my ball striking and distance is starting to slip a little bit and it is now the putter that is keeping my scores in the 70s. Three putts have become rare for me and I'm making more putts in the 5 to 15 foot range than ever before. I'm also playing with a lot less stress because of the pressure that is taken off of the rest of my game because I can get the ball in the hole on the greens.

Mic drop

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I've been thinking about a Seemore putter for a few years and after reading this thread I went to a local dealer today. They only had a few. Giant, Giant M1T, Si3 and the original FPG. The FPG was the only left handed available and it didn't have a grip, but I got a good idea of the alignment system and feel.

I think I'm going to go back and get fit for a putter, but hope they offer the Giant Mini or the Giant M1T in left handed soon.

After lots of practice I really starting to groove the setup needed for a Seemore. I am ditching the SS Pistol GT 2.0 for a GP SNSR 104cc Countour. I believe, after listening to Pat O'Briens videos, that gripping it more in the fingers more than the palms is working for me. I need a smaller grip to accomplish this and think the SNSR will be the ticket.

Still loving how straight the ball rolls off my Seemore.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

• Gxgolfer changed the title to SeeMore Putters - Anyone?