MY proto Odyssey XG #7

knudson81 ·  
knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50Marshals, Media Staffer  3259WRX Points: 288Posts: 3,259 Marshals
copper face!
Just came today and thank you LaMont! i am a few weeks/months away from using it here, but I already can't wait. Another fantastic job!
Posted:
Make sure to follow Two Guys Talking Golf!

Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg

Comments

• Southside StrikerSouthside Striker Members  281WRX Points: 0Posts: 281
    That putter alone is worth a trip south to play some golf. Have fun with that beauty!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer  3259WRX Points: 288Posts: 3,259 Marshals
    I wish I could! This non golf time is driving me crazy right now!
    Posted:

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • JanKo JanKo - K A Y M E R - Members  2227WRX Points: 117Posts: 2,227 Platinum Tees
    Looks great. I alway liked the #7 style, but the XG insert wasn´t for me. Let us know how it rolls.
    Posted:
    Yamaha V202 Tour - Tour AD BB-7
    Yamaha v FW 14° - Tour AD BB-7
    Yamaha IFF 19° - Tour AD DI-7
    Epon Personal 3-P - DG Pro
    Yamaha Inpres X 52° 58° - DG Spinner
    Golds Factory SUS 303 custom
    WITB Link
  • DeerslayerDeerslayer Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill...... Members  1838WRX Points: 128Posts: 1,838 Platinum Tees
    Looks AWESOME! Lamont does do nice work. I love that matte finish. What was the total head weight? Did you have the insert cupped?
    Posted:
  • knudson81knudson81 My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50 Marshals, Media Staffer  3259WRX Points: 288Posts: 3,259 Marshals
    I think the inset is full, just 2 holes drilled in for the mounting. The total weight comes in at just around 360g. It is drying right now, I will cut and grip it tomorrow and take a few carpet putts. Will let you know about the feel and sound then!
    Posted:

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • RightHandRough  RightHandRough Members  506WRX Points: 55Posts: 506 Bunkers
    This is a thing of beauty, someone found a way for me to like odyssey putters again!!! Always been intrigued by the looks of some of the recent offerings but have never been able to stand the inserts. Hmmm your a tempting bugger Knudson
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    Looks great! Can't wait to hear how she rolls.
    Posted:
  • KrethKreth Ronin Hacker Members  194WRX Points: 0Posts: 194
    Did he mill the topline to get rid of the sight dots or just fill them in?
    Posted:
    She def has a much more responsive feel to her. Has a just slightly firmer feel then carbon steel. Little more of a click sound on contact as well.

Did he mill the topline to get rid of the sight dots or just fill them in?

I made a poor attempt at making a site line out of the three dots, so he filled in that sloppy mess! I am getting used to the clean look without the line in the top, and there is always the lines on the fangs.
    Posted:

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • KrethKreth Ronin Hacker Members  194WRX Points: 0Posts: 194
    knudson81 wrote on Jan 5 2009, 10:30 AM:
    I made a poor attempt at making a site line out of the three dots, so he filled in that sloppy mess! I am getting used to the clean look without the line in the top, and there is always the lines on the fangs.

I just picked up an XG #7 from the BST. I've only been able to roll it on the carpet, but I notice that the fangs make a much more natural alignment system for me too.
    Posted:
    Yeah, they really do make lining up easy. I noticed that the fangs, without the lines on them, on my Black Series 7 are even a nice alignment aid. I just never really liked the 3 dots on the XG, wish they would have just made it a line like the Black 7.
    Posted:

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg

Advertisement
  • scottyallanbscottyallanb Berkley High School Golf Coach Members  1735WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,735
    Brian so the little lady is back!! I met your brother and he said we are a bad influence on you...lol Hope she rolls nice!!

Scotty B
    Posted:
    HAHAHA, thanks Scotty. It is back and it is a great upgrade. Has the feel of a solid, SS putter. Well you have not been any help on my club ho'ing, that is for sure! Donny get those grips done for you yet? I saw them in line to be done when I was in last.
    Posted:

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg
  • Bones01gtBones01gt Members  1001WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,001
    If you don't mind sharing, how much did the insert swap cost? I'm not a huge fan of the black finish, but the copper insert is sweet.
    Posted:
  • cjordan01cjordan01 Charter Members  513WRX Points: 0Posts: 513
    thegolfclubdude wrote on Jan 7 2009, 11:14 PM:
    If you don't mind sharing, how much did the insert swap cost? I'm not a huge fan of the black finish, but the copper insert is sweet.

contact Lamont at [email protected] and he can get you a quote.
    Posted:
    Yeah, contact LaMont. I had the finish done as well as the siteline welded, so mine might be a little more. He will be able to quote you correctly. Can def say it was worth the money though!
    Posted:

tg2_badgeV2_125.jpg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.