Odyssey Black Series i HELP??!!

titleistgolf37 ·  
titleistgolf37titleistgolf37 Members  192WRX Points: 0Posts: 192
After reading the reviews in Golf Digest, and seeing what the putter looks like online, I'm thinking about ordering the new #6. However, I'm a little worried about the insert that is in the putter. Has anyone tried this putter (or any of the other Series i models), if so what is your opinion about the insert? On a scale of 1-10 (1 being hard and 10 being super soft) what would you rate the insert? Also if you have tried the White Hot Tour, how would the insert compare to that? Any help is greatly appreciated....Thanks
Posted:

Comments

• SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals  6294WRX Points: 153Posts: 6,294 Marshals
    Feel is pretty subjective, so you're best bet would be to try one yourself. The i Series is definitely firmer than the original XG, but not as crisp as the TriHot (if that makes sense).

I'd rate the XG series as a solid 7 and the Black i as a 3.14. Following me?

FWIW, the White Hot Tour is the same insert as the Black i.

See, and you thought that Geoff Ogilvy was the only one who could dodge questions in '09...
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9351WRX Points: 841Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,351 ClubWRX
    i used to game the odyssey black series i 9. IMHO it was a 9/10 in terms of softness. I played a regular pro-v.

FWIW, i just sold the putter in favor of a cameron ss newport II not only for the looks, but also for the great feel. the i 9 felt almost mushy. I lost absolutely all feel w. the putter.
    Posted:
  • bg1bg1 Members  380WRX Points: 0Posts: 380
    I would call the Black i series a 5 (the White Hot Tour series also). I have the #1 in the Black i & my wife has the #1 in the White Hot Tour. Definitly an insert type of feel (Callaway tour ix balls). The thing I like most about the Black i is the weight is perfect for me.
    Posted:
    Cobra Fly Z+ Driver
    Cobra Fly Z Faiway
    TM Aero Burner Hybrid
    TM RSi1 4-AW Irons
    TM Tour Preferred ATV 56*
    SC Fastback 1.5

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.