Black Polymer Finish = Amazing

CBD5600 ·  
CBD5600CBD5600 Members  83WRX Points: 55Posts: 83 Fairways
I just want to add to the many compliments already here on LaMont's work. I just received the putter below in Black Polymer. The finish is amazing and the pictures do not show how awesome it looks in person. There is zero difference in feel from the unfinished head.

img8284iy9.jpgimg8269hc4.jpgimg8275pp0.jpg
Posted:

Comments

• ForeleftForeleft Members  2245WRX Points: 336Posts: 2,245 Platinum Tees
    CBD5600 wrote on Jan 8 2009, 10:44 PM:
    I just want to add to the many compliments already here on LaMont's work. I just received the putter below in Black Polymer. The finish is amazing and the pictures do not show how awesome it looks. There is zero difference in feel from the unfinished head.

"the pictures do not show how awesome it looks"

That is an understatement. There are no pictures. image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CBD5600CBD5600 Members  83WRX Points: 55Posts: 83 Fairways
    I'm a little slow on the edit. They should show up now.
    Posted:
  • ijustgolfijustgolf Bomb and Gouge Members  701WRX Points: 0Posts: 701
    Just curious what kind of putter it is...?
    Posted:
    EPIC SZ 10.5 Ozik 70M5 X
    EPIC SZ 15 Ozik 80M5 X
    Steelhead XR Pro 3i Tour-V X
    Apex Pro 16 4i-9i C-Taper X
    MD3 49.11S, 56.10S C-Taper X
    PM Grind 60.06
    Spalding TPM8
    Chrome Soft X
  • Lngnokr71Lngnokr71 Hmmm what to get next? Members  965WRX Points: 0Posts: 965
    meyer7001 wrote on Jan 9 2009, 12:36 AM:
    Just curious what kind of putter it is...?

I can answer that, it's a S/N-004, Model – HB-331-DB just like this one but with a plumbers neck....except mine was done in XXblack OX...

j2odjjgbs8okqjf7nzpf.jpg

liumexh671cblpcwl8of.jpg

ayc1art03o4bv4lsht3o.jpg
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Charlie, you gotta post more pics....
    Posted:
  • w8liftrw8liftr w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!! ClubWRX  2258WRX Points: 62Posts: 2,258 Platinum Tees
    Nice putter. I really like the polymer finish LaMont put on my Sunset Beach Surfside.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    Looks great, glad to hear it. Think I'm sending out my putter for the finish soon.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]
  • gotemgotem Members  611WRX Points: 93Posts: 611 Golden Tee
    i like!!
    Posted:
    Lngnokr71 wrote on Jan 8 2009, 11:54 PM:

What do you want so see?
    Posted:
  • mojomojo Members  31WRX Points: 0Posts: 31
    i didn't care for the polymer finish that came on my lux putter. come to think of it, i didn't even care for the lux putter. nasty+nasty=nasty
    Posted:
  • luxmanluxman Members  1599WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,599
    I will preface this post by saying I love the work LaMont does. He did a phenomenal job on my 2 Lux putters (1 mine and 1 for my 3 year old son) and my Sunset Beach Prototype. In addition I just purchased 2 Scratch wedges and before they even get in my bag I am sending them to him to be handstamped/paintfilled.

This saying I did not have a good experience with the black polymer finish that was put on my Lux. After less than a month of use (and yes I did take good care of the putter, always using the headcover, etc) there were a number of spots where the finish was wearing off. The most noticeable spot was the sole of the putter, which is understandable to a degree, but there were also spots on the top of the blade and neck. The end result was that I sent it back to LaMont and had the black polymer removed in favor of a torch finish.

I hate being the only Gloomy Gus, but I also wanted to put a word of caution out there about the finish. But, again, LaMont does great work and is great to work with.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • flaunflaun Members  640WRX Points: 1Posts: 640 Bunkers
    Does anyone know if you can bend the loft/lie after this finish has been applied. Or will the heating/bending crack the finish on the neck?

Nice putter by the way! image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
    Posted:
  • rdavisrdavis ClubWRX  231WRX Points: 60Posts: 231 Fairways
    Lngnokr71, that is my putter I should have either Monday or Tuesday. Incase I missed it what do you think about your putter. By the way I ordered mine before I saw yours and when I saw yours I knew I was going to be a happy camper. Sorry to ramble but Thnaks to Charlie, who is amazing to work with and LaMont for the great work on the finish...Thanks Rich
    Posted:
    CBD5600 wrote on Jan 9 2009, 02:12 PM:

What do you want so see?

The cavity and a better shot of the plumbers neck....
    Posted:
    rdavis wrote on Jan 9 2009, 11:36 PM:
    Lngnokr71, that is my putter I should have either Monday or Tuesday. Incase I missed it what do you think about your putter. By the way I ordered mine before I saw yours and when I saw yours I knew I was going to be a happy camper. Sorry to ramble but Thnaks to Charlie, who is amazing to work with and LaMont for the great work on the finish...Thanks Rich
    The putters craftsmanship is sweet, however it is a little on the heavy side and my preference these day seems to be 340g-350g...Did Charlie describe the putters looks when you were working with him because it was my vision that created that big beauty?...I basically described what I wanted and after a little tweeking of the inital sketches, Charlie nailed it!!!!
    Posted:
  • rdavisrdavis ClubWRX  231WRX Points: 60Posts: 231 Fairways
    I basically told him I wanted a handmade Squareback. Then he showed me a pic of yours and I said thats what I wanted..You did good...Thanks
    Posted:

Advertisement
    rdavis wrote on Jan 10 2009, 05:02 PM:
    I basically told him I wanted a handmade Squareback. Then he showed me a pic of yours and I said thats what I wanted..You did good...Thanks

Yup that's what I was going for but with heavy mill marks...
    Posted:
    Lngnokr71 wrote on Jan 10 2009, 12:22 AM:
    CBD5600 wrote on Jan 9 2009, 02:12 PM:

What do you want so see?

The cavity and a better shot of the plumbers neck....

These are the best shots I have.

img8274qo8.jpgimg8280gj9.jpg
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.