I just picked up my first Scotty Cameron

GBgolfcoach ·  
GBgolfcoachGBgolfcoach Members  196WRX Points: 0Posts: 196
PIcked up a used Erd X at Golf Galaxy, traded in a Ping Karsten B60. I took it to the club and putted on a real green (it rolled amazingly on green at GG). I honestly can say now that I can feel this putter. Does anybody know if you can get a replacement insert for the Red X...the insert is not in bad shape...just wondering if you can get a replacement through Scotty Cameron?
Posted:

Comments

• MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    Not 100% positive, but I'm going to say NO through Cameron. Maybe if it was in bad enough shape and you paid for the full restoration ($145), you'd get a new one. Completely not worth it for that price though. You could just buy a new Red X for cheaper.

There are people around that would mill you a new one though. It's be a fairly simple task for a good machinist if you gave them the old one to reference.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • CM2CM2 Members  122WRX Points: 0Posts: 122
    I think black oxide services will replace the insert but it's not offered on their price list you need to call them.
    Posted:
  • GBgolfcoachGBgolfcoach Members  196WRX Points: 0Posts: 196
    Thanks CM2...I'll give them a call tomorrow...they seem such a better fit then sending it back to SC for refinishing
    Posted:
  • Bomb and GougeBomb and Gouge Members  2533WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,533
    You can get a new Red X on Ebay for about $100.

Congrats on the putter- they're great!!!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.