Irons: Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons 5-AW w/Project X Flighted 6.0

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 M 54 degree w/KBS Custom White

Titleist Vokey TVDK 60 degree w/KBS Custom Black

Putter: Edel The Brick w/Superstroke UltraSlim 1.0

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was time to post a WITB. I have changed almost every club in the last year, which is around the time I joined GOLFWRX. Overall, I am happy with the current setup I have. I do plan on changing the shafts in my irons to KBS Custom at some point in the next few months. I have those shafts in both of my wedges and love the look/feel of them. About 2 months ago, I put the Fujikura Pro 63 shaft in my SLDR and it has changed my driving big time this year. I have a much tighter dispersion with it and have gained about 10 yards also. I think this shaft might be one of the best values in golf right now.

Awesome bag...nothing wrong with stock stiffs. If the shafts work for you, play it. I bet you will beat 50% of the tour only bags on the course. Great bag and good luck.

Cally x2hot pro 8.5 aldila tour green S
Cally Xhot 3 deep pxv 6.0
Cally big bertha 5 wood. fubuki stiff
Cally x hot pro 3-pw px 6.0
callaway v forged 56 and 60 px 6.0
scotty studio select newport

Great to see you're enjoying the Fuji Pro in your driver. I just ordered a Fuji Pro TS X yesterday, can't wait to get it in my bag. How stiff do you find the X flex? Board-like? What's your swing speed?

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST MAX w/MMT 60 X

Fairway - Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS w/ MMT 70 X

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 3H w/ Evenflow Black 85 X

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore 50 / 54 / 58 w/ TT Spinners

Putter(s) - Evnroll ER2 Blackout | Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven DB Tour Line

[quote name='quikcolin' timestamp='1403626330' post='9566665']
Great to see you're enjoying the Fuji Pro in your driver. I just ordered a Fuji Pro TS X yesterday, can't wait to get it in my bag. How stiff do you find the X flex? Board-like? What's your swing speed?
[/quote] I don't find the Fuji Pro board like at all. It feels a little softer than other Fuji x shafts that I have played. With that being said, I still have a really tight dispersion with this shaft. I think the Pro TS is a little stiffer, but would be surprised is it played board like. My swing speed is around 112 with my driver

[quote name='kyle75' timestamp='1403630241' post='9567157'][quote name='quikcolin' timestamp='1403626330' post='9566665']
[/quote] I don't find the Fuji Pro board like at all. It feels a little softer than other Fuji x shafts that I have played. With that being said, I still have a really tight dispersion with this shaft. I think the Pro TS is a little stiffer, but would be surprised is it played board like. My swing speed is around 112 with my driver[/quote]

That's great, thanks for the reply - we have the same swing speed - can't wait to get it dialed in.

All the best and thanks again!

Driver - Callaway Rogue ST MAX w/MMT 60 X

Fairway - Callaway Rogue ST MAX LS w/ MMT 70 X

Hybrid - Callaway Apex 21 3H w/ Evenflow Black 85 X

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore 50 / 54 / 58 w/ TT Spinners

Putter(s) - Evnroll ER2 Blackout | Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven DB Tour Line

How do you like that Fuji Pro shaft? My understanding is that they're meant to increase kick speed at impact, which is supposed to give some extra ball speed. Are these claims accurate only in the lab at Fuji or are you seeing some more yards?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1006275-rbhan12s-witb-m10-damascus-twins-added/[/url]

[quote name='rbhan12' timestamp='1403710747' post='9574341']
How do you like that Fuji Pro shaft? My understanding is that they're meant to increase kick speed at impact, which is supposed to give some extra ball speed. Are these claims accurate only in the lab at Fuji or are you seeing some more yards?
[/quote]I love this shaft. I think all the claims Fuji has made about this shaft are pretty accurate. I have picked up about 8 yards with a much tighter dispersion with this shaft. Fuji really knocked it out of the park with this one

[quote name='kyle75' timestamp='1403198774' post='9532879']
Thought it was time to post a WITB. I have changed almost every club in the last year, which is around the time I joined GOLFWRX. Overall, I am happy with the current setup I have. I do plan on changing the shafts in my irons to KBS Custom at some point in the next few months. I have those shafts in both of my wedges and love the look/feel of them. About 2 months ago, I put the Fujikura Pro 63 shaft in my SLDR and it has changed my driving big time this year. I have a much tighter dispersion with it and have gained about 10 yards also. I think this shaft might be one of the best values in golf right now.
[/quote]

I love the blue paintjob on the new Fuji Pro! How does it compare to other shafts you've used?

TSR2 8*, Ventus TR Red 7x

TSi2 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR2 18°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

MP-20 MMC  5-P, DG X100
SM8 50F, 54S, 58M (X7 "spinners")
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

• 4 weeks later...

I have played a few rounds now with my new irons and I really like them. I shot my best round of the year yesterday, a 75 on a really tough track. The Aerotech Steelfibers are so different from any shaft that I have played in an iron. They play like graphite shafts but have the feel of steel. You don't get that whippy feeling that I have had in the past with other graphite shafts. They are worth taking a look at if you're in the market for new shafts in your irons. They are pricey but I think they're worth it in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Thought I should update my WITB for the first time in 2 years. It has been an almost complete overhaul, but it's GolfWRX, you're supposed to change your entire bag every 1 to 2 years.

Driver---Titleist 915 D3 9.5 w/Fujikura SIX TS tipped 1 inch

I changed to the Titleist 915 D3 last spring. I'm not sure I can really add anything about this driver that hasn't already been said on here. It's been a solid club for me, good accuracy and plenty of distance.

3 Wood---Constant rotation, currently a Titleist 915F.

Irons---Callaway CF16 5-AW w/Project X 6.0 shafts

I decided to change irons this spring and did a Trackman fitting at Miles of Golf Cincinnati. I worked with Derek, a great fitter, who wore me out in the hour plus fitting. The Callaway irons were not really on my radar, but Derek insisted that I give them a shot. The CF16's are really long irons, but what sold me on them was the dispersion. I had the best dispersion with them and coupled with the distance, it was a no brainer for me. I love these irons and don't see them coming out of the bag for a long time.

Putter-----Edel Brick---35 inches

A recent addition. It is very different from my Cameron Koombi that I have used the last few years. I really like it on short putts, but I am having a little trouble with it on long putts. We shall see how much longer it stays in the bag.

Those Apex irons are some sweet looking sticks. Usually I am not a fan of Callaway irons but I have to hand it to them they really did some great stuff with those.

They are really good irons. They're a good mix of players irons and game improvement irons.

Thought I should update my WITB for the first time in 2 years. It has been an almost complete overhaul, but it's GolfWRX, you're supposed to change your entire bag every 1 to 2 years.

I changed to the Titleist 915 D3 last spring. I'm not sure I can really add anything about this driver that hasn't already been said on here. It's been a solid club for me, good accuracy and plenty of distance.

I decided to change irons this spring and did a Trackman fitting at Miles of Golf Cincinnati. I worked with Derek, a great fitter, who wore me out in the hour plus fitting. The Callaway irons were not really on my radar, but Derek insisted that I give them a shot. The CF16's are really long irons, but what sold me on them was the dispersion. I had the best dispersion with them and coupled with the distance, it was a no brainer for me. I love these irons and don't see them coming out of the bag for a long time.

A recent addition. It is very different from my Cameron Koombi that I have used the last few years. I really like it on short putts, but I am having a little trouble with it on long putts. We shall see how much longer it stays in the bag.

Did a gap fitting with Derek when I was in Ohio a few weeks ago. Great young guy and what an awesome shop. Seeing the results on Trackman was a big plus and surprisingly I only had one iffy gap. The ping G 3 wood may be a new addition.

Can you show a pic of the scarlet and gray knit headcover? Need a new cover for my 4 wood and yours likings interesting.

Go Bucks

Ping G430 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6S
Ping G410  17.5* and 20.5* Tour stiff

Ping G425 5 Hybrid 
Ping I230 6-pw - Project X IO 6.0
Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58 Project X IO 6.0
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

Titleist Pro V1X

Those Apex irons are some sweet looking sticks. Usually I am not a fan of Callaway irons but I have to hand it to them they really did some great stuff with those.

They are really good irons. They're a good mix of players irons and game improvement irons.

Did a gap fitting with Derek when I was in Ohio a few weeks ago. Great young guy and what an awesome shop. Seeing the results on Trackman was a big plus and surprisingly I only had one iffy gap. The ping G 3 wood may be a new addition.

Can you show a pic of the scarlet and gray knit headcover? Need a new cover for my 4 wood and yours likings interesting.

Go Bucks

Here's a better look at the knit headcover. The Bucks looked really good yesterday, think this is going to be one fun team to watch this year.

Thanks for the pic. They did look good. Felt bad for Sprinkle. He seems to have matured and could have had a great year and turn into a team leader. Offense looks really good and fast.

Ping G430 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6S
Ping G410  17.5* and 20.5* Tour stiff

Ping G425 5 Hybrid 
Ping I230 6-pw - Project X IO 6.0
Ping Glide 4.0 50/54/58 Project X IO 6.0
Ping Redwood Anser - Starshot Finish

Titleist Pro V1X