Judge440 WITB

clean no nonsense bag right there. nice!

Thanks man.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Full Callaway experiment underway. I will hold onto my TM woods and hybrid but everything else may go.

On hand for testing...

Driver:

XR Pro 16

816 BBA DBD

Fairway:

GBB

816 BBA DBD

Hybrid:

BBA 815

Apex hybrid

Irons:

Apex Pro 16 PX 6.0 4-PW

Apex UT 20*

Apex CF 5 iron

Wedges:

MD2 Tour Grinds

60* PM grind

Putter:

Odyssey 7's

• 2 weeks later...

Testing XR Pro w/ Fuji Pro 63.

Testing XR Pro w/ Fuji Pro 63.

This thing is long. Used it today for 18 holes. As long, easily, as my TM M combos including M1 430 tour head with Tour Speeder Evo 2 or AD-GP.

Ive got the mp69's, very good irons, i like what you have done with the paintfill, makes them stand out. V nice.

Thanks! They found a new home though...

Interested in hearing about the Callaway bag experiment. I've built up Ping and Titleist bags in the past, but never a Callaway bag.

Are you finding the XR to be more forgiving than the M1?

So I used the XR Pro this past weekend for two rounds. I would put it right with the M heads as far as performance. Both are long with more than enough forgiveness if you have a decent swing. I think getting the shaft right would be paramount.

I plan on getting identical shafts for my Callaway and TM woods and really go apples to apples. Right now the XR Pro 16 had a Fuji Pro 63S and M1 430 has a Tour Speeder Evo2 X and M1 460 has a AD-GP 6X. I played a course that I play the most and was surprised to see the XR Pro 16 squeaking out more yards and in a lot softer conditions. The XR Pro has great sound/feel and the slightly smaller head feels a little easier to swing/maneuver.

I am thinking about going a little softer in flex throughout the bag. I tried the Apex Pro 16's with PX 6.0. Coming from Mizuno MP64/69 with X100. I thought the Apex Pro 16's were great. PX 6.0 may be a little too light though. I'm thinking TI S400 and maybe 716 AP2 for next test.

I don't think I can knock my tour issue R15 20* hybrid with Rome 988X. That is very reliable for me. We'll see how the bag shakes out though...hard to not have hybrid match woods if I go Cally/Titleist.

For woods I will probably get some shafts in stiff or tour stiff flex. I am partial to Fujikura. I have to look into profiles and weights.

I am getting married next week and then honeymoon after so sometime after that I'll probably start selling the unwanted and buying new gear to get everything ready for next Spring. I'm sure the weather will be moving in soon here in the Midwest.

Thanks for the review. I've been pretty blown away by my M2, but I'll try the Callaways this weekend for sure. I had a set of Apex 16 Combos. I think it might be tough to beat the Pros even against the AP2. I'm between my #7 and a Toulon Memphis right now. Both amazing putters.

Congrats on the wedding!

Thanks man.

If you have an M2 dialed in then you should be all set. The M2's feel great and flat out perform.

Yeah the Apex Pro 16's are great...no complaints. It's just that Titleist will always have my heart so AP2's and Vokeys will likely get worked back in.

I have a Toulon blade and it's fabulous.

Thanks for the review. I've been pretty blown away by my M2, but I'll try the Callaways this weekend for sure. I had a set of Apex 16 Combos. I think it might be tough to beat the Pros even against the AP2. I'm between my #7 and a Toulon Memphis right now. Both amazing putters.

Congrats on the wedding!

Thanks man.

If you have an M2 dialed in then you should be all set. The M2's feel great and flat out perform.

Yeah the Apex Pro 16's are great...no complaints. It's just that Titleist will always have my heart so AP2's and Vokeys will likely get worked back in.

I have a hard time believing that I will find anything to unseat the M2. I ordered the matching 3HL fairway today.

I know what you mean about the AP2/Vokey combo. I love my Vokeys, especially the V-Grind 58*. THAT is my fave lob wedge ever.

Toulon makes great stuff, period. I've been hot and cold with the Memphis, but I've got a fitting coming up and all putters will be put to the test.

Congrats on the wedding!

Thanks man.

I have a hard time believing that I will find anything to unseat the M2. I ordered the matching 3HL fairway today.

I know what you mean about the AP2/Vokey combo. I love my Vokeys, especially the V-Grind 58*. THAT is my fave lob wedge ever.

Toulon makes great stuff, period. I've been hot and cold with the Memphis, but I've got a fitting coming up and all putters will be put to the test.

I'm intrigued by that V-grind. So you are liking it?

The V-Grind Vokey is enticing. Torn on brushed chrome vs. oil can/raw...

The oil can wears kind of irregularly if that kind of stuff bothers you. The oil can color was worn off of the bottom of mine after probably 2 rounds and I bet I could easily get the rest of the color off with some Coke or whatever. Then you'd have a raw wedge I think. Perhaps someone who has done this can chime in?

The oil can wears kind of irregularly if that kind of stuff bothers you. The oil can color was worn off of the bottom of mine after probably 2 rounds and I bet I could easily get the rest of the color off with some Coke or whatever. Then you'd have a raw wedge I think. Perhaps someone who has done this can chime in?

I'm thinking you could wipe them down with water and leave in the trunk or something.

• 1 month later...

Money

How's the DH89 rolling?

The DH89 is really great. I'll put other putters in the bag from time to time but the feel on the DH89 is superb and it's my old faithful. I just got an Edel workbench putter and that feels amazing as well. Big fan of Odyssey #7 head too...have a few of those.

• 4 weeks later...

Money

How's the DH89 rolling?

The DH89 is really great. I'll put other putters in the bag from time to time but the feel on the DH89 is superb and it's my old faithful. I just got an Edel workbench putter and that feels amazing as well. Big fan of Odyssey #7 head too...have a few of those.

Well....we are waiting to see pics of this Edel Workbench. I've seen them on the site but I want to see some in hand photos.

Some pics of some of the new stuff and notes...

The Edel workbench putter feels superb...as good as anything I've rolled. The Cameron X5 is excellent as well...it is my best performer as far as making putts on the practice mat.

Will try the new Cleveland wedges against the Vokey V grinds which I got at the end of last season.

Acquired tour issue M2 driver and M1 fairway. Have tour issue M1 430 as well. Will find best combinations of these heads along with AD-GP's, Fuji Pro TS, Fuji Evo2.

Also have some Callaway gear to throw into driver competition...XR Pro 16/GBB / Fuji Pro 63X.

Irons looking like 716AP2 w/ x100 (new) and I have some other sets but I'm hoping these are the ticket. Other sets...Srixon 945's (new), AP2 w/ PX 6.0 (new) and old faithful MP64 w/x100.

About to do a big ebay purge of Callaway stuff...Apex pro's, MD wedges, utility irons and various woods.

Pics...

• 4 months later...

Very nice putters, how do you like the Byron Morgan putters??

[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Driver: GBB EPIC SUB ZERO 9.0 DRIVER[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Fairway: GBB EPIC 3 WOOD[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Hybrid: EPIC 2 HYBRID[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Irons: 4-PW APEX CF 16 COMBO[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Wedges: MACK DADDY FORGED CHROME WEDGES 52* 56* 60*[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]
[center][u][b][color=#000000][font=courier new,courier,monospace][size=3]Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 2[/size][/font][/color][/b][/u][/center]

Very nice putters, how do you like the Byron Morgan putters??

Thanks. Love the Byron's. The feel off the face is what always brings me back. To me that's how a putter should feel.

What up man.....any updates on the bag?

So I was going along nicely with the setup in my signature...and we went away over the weekend to Nemacolin Woodlands in PA and I had some time to kill while the wife hit the spa. Scheduled a driver fitting. Long story short....walked out with a PXG 0811LX / Fuji Pro XLR8 stiff driver and have some 0311T irons with PX LZ 6.0's coming. He built the driver on the spot and will ship the irons once built.

I don't know what to say. PXG has never entered my mind. The driver came down to Epic SZ / XLR8 and M1 440 / Kuro Kage XT and the PXG. The PXG would completely take the left out for me so that was the pick by both of us.

For the irons...nothing was close really...no brainer.

Also...Odyssey O-Works 2Ball is firmly in the bag right now.

I'll have to throw some pics up soon of some gear and I got some pics at the fitting, which was absolutely first class.

So I was going along nicely with the setup in my signature...and we went away over the weekend to Nemacolin Woodlands in PA and I had some time to kill while the wife hit the spa. Scheduled a driver fitting. Long story short....walked out with a PXG 0811LX / Fuji Pro XLR8 stiff driver and have some 0311T irons with PX LZ 6.0's coming. He built the driver on the spot and will ship the irons once built.

I don't know what to say. PXG has never entered my mind. The driver came down to Epic SZ / XLR8 and M1 440 / Kuro Kage XT and the PXG. The PXG would completely take the left out for me so that was the pick by both of us.

I'll have to throw some pics up soon of some gear and I got some pics at the fitting, which was absolutely first class.

I was waiting for this full Titleist setup I kept hearing about.

Can't wait to see pics. Hopefully all is well my man.....let me know when you want to unload some of those backups. If you want to get down and play soon, let me know. Just need a little heads up so I can swing it.

I was waiting for this full Titleist setup I kept hearing about.

Can't wait to see pics. Hopefully all is well my man.....let me know when you want to unload some of those backups. If you want to get down and play soon, let me know. Just need a little heads up so I can swing it.

Lol. My bag has been changing very rapidly. A lot of gear has come on and gone...