2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Evnroll Putters-- Amazing!!!

I like my 2Bar mallet, and it's most likely going to be back in the bag shortly. I've not used anything better and have tried many different models over the years.

I'll give Rife putters evolutionary status, not revolutionary. After all, it's still just a putter............it doesn't do anything different.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

What's the price point on these? I still haven't seen that yet. I'll have to check to see if their website is up again as someone reoorted earlier- I'd prefer not to go to Facebook to get info on something I'm considering buying.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I am almost sold. But still it is too expensive.

20% discount might will work for me.

BTW, if you buy one of those, what would be your choice?

For now, mine is ER5.

Titleist                   TSR3 Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Ping                       G430 3 Hybrid w/GD Tour AD IZ 85S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/DG s400

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

What's the story with these putters and the company? I really hadn't heard a thing about them until I got an email today from MGS about "the best putter we've ever tested (game- changing technology)". Well, color me intrigued, but the MGS review reads like a infomercial more than an unbiased review.

I read that article and I call B.S. I generally like MGS and have donated money to them before, but the article was crap. "The ball curves toward the hole." Nope, sorry, I don't buy putters that defy physics because that just tells me the source isn't credible. I expect MGS to endorse the Overspin putter next. Talk about a credibility free fall.

It makes me wonder if MGS was paid for that "review."

Edit - Now that I think of it, Guerin Rife is on his 3rd putter company. Each one had so-called revolutionary technology. Yeah, that or a marketing champ pulling the levers.

I didn't see the ball curving towards the hole on mis-hits, I did notice that my mis-hits didn't seem to go as far offline(left or right of center), and I didn't notice a big distance discrepancy(mis-hits ending up way short) as I saw with other putters.

Guerin pretty much invented groove technology in putters, so that was a Revolutionary technology. Almost every manufacturer has adopted some sort of groove technology or something similar. So I would say that is revolutionary. So he had Rife Putters(which started it all) then he had EVN ROLL, what company am I missing? Whether EVNROLL technology is revolutionary, I would say is up to the user. My distance control is better, making more short putts, and three putting less. My mid-range putting is close to the same or maybe a little better, but that was not ever a problem area for me.

I can't say I agree with the parting jab at Rife, but I 100% agree that the MGS was written more like marketing fluff than an objective review. I can't say that I'm intimately familiar, but in my limited exposure MGS has always come off as a decent source to help in my forming my initial opinions when doing research on something I'm considering. This article didn't feel that way.

They literally said the ball was curving off the line it was hit on back to the target. I mean, how does a golf equipment review website post those words and expect to be taken seriously?

I'm certainly interested in these EVNROLL putters, but it's not because of the content of MGS's article.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Oof, I just got the website to open. $329-$359 is a little steep for me to give a try to without actually holding the putter beforehand. $100 less and I might consider taking a chance.

This is the same thing that happened to Carbon Putters.

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

I also think a lot of guys are misinterpreting the technology. I don't think they are claiming the ball curves to the hole, they are saying that if you are aimed towards the hole it will curve that way or at least minimize the offline curvature. Conversely, if you are aimed incorrectly it will also tend to end up there as well.

I also think a lot of guys are misinterpreting the technology. I don't think they are claiming the ball curves to the hole, they are saying that if you are aimed towards the hole it will curve that way or at least minimize the offline curvature. Conversely, if you are aimed incorrectly it will also tend to end up there as well.

I agree, if one were to miss center on the face on a normal putter, you could expect the ball to miss a few inches away from the hole and a few inches short(all dependent on length of putt), while if you miss center on Evnroll, it goes the same distance and and about the same direction as a center hit, thus comes the term "curves to the hole" when in reality you are just expecting a much worse outcome than what is produced, so it still ends up the same as a center hit when you were prepared for it to be offline. Which makes the player feel like it "curved to the hole"

Myself personally, I haven't misinterpreted any claims EVNROLL has made, because I just got their website to open today and really wasn't able to read any of their claims.

I was talking about what MGS claims in their review. Just one direct quote from the review: "If I were to tell you that with Evnroll technology, no matter where on the face you hit the ball, it ends up in the same spot. Would you be intrigued? What if we told you that we saw it make balls actually curve back towards the hole when mishit. Well, that is exactly what our testers saw over and over again in our lab."

It's claims like this that make the article really hard to take at face value as an unbiased review. But, it certainly piqued my interest enough to get online and start reading up on them and doing some research. Hopefully they'll make it into my market someday soon so I can give them a roll. I'm very interested in trying one, but not at $300+ without being able to put it in my hands and roll it beforehand.

Guerin pretty much invented groove technology in putters, so that was a Revolutionary technology. Almost every manufacturer has adopted some sort of groove technology or something similar. So I would say that is revolutionary. So he had Rife Putters(which started it all) then he had EVN ROLL, what company am I missing? Whether EVNROLL technology is revolutionary, I would say is up to the user. My distance control is better, making more short putts, and three putting less. My mid-range putting is close to the same or maybe a little better, but that was not ever a problem area for me.

The company you are missing is GUERIN. GolfWorks still sells the product. They probably have a lot left.

http://www.golfworks...tter/p/GR2010A/

As far as "groove technology" being revolutionary--False! It's a marketing gimmick. Always has been and always will be. Even the MGS article notes that groove technology designed to "get the ball rolling sooner" is a bunch of bunk. Even if the ball rolls sooner there is no evidence it helps a golfer make more putts. That's the point of putting improvements and groove technology fails.

From MGS:

Some putter grooves have been shown to produce forward roll more quickly than others. You've probably seen the videos. It sounds great, doesn't it? But did you know that there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that a ball that starts rolling faster goes in the hole more often? The reality is, most putter grooves don't matter.

As an aside, I suspect EVNROLL is going to get a cease and desist letter from Ping because the face looks like the TR milling. Same concept. Ping is very aggressive in protecting its intellectual property.

The company you are missing is GUERIN. GolfWorks still sells the product. They probably have a lot left.

As far as "groove technology" being revolutionary--False! It's a marketing gimmick. Always has been and always will be. Even the MGS article notes that groove technology designed to "get the ball rolling sooner" is a bunch of bunk. Even if the ball rolls sooner there is no evidence it helps a golfer make more putts. That's the point of putting improvements and groove technology fails.

From MGS:

Some putter grooves have been shown to produce forward roll more quickly than others. You've probably seen the videos. It sounds great, doesn't it? But did you know that there's absolutely no evidence to suggest that a ball that starts rolling faster goes in the hole more often? The reality is, most putter grooves don't matter.

As an aside, I suspect EVNROLL is going to get a cease and desist letter from Ping because the face looks like the TR milling. Same concept. Ping is very aggressive in protecting its intellectual property.

For the most part I agree with your point of view. However, some things can be measured in a controlled, lab environment......forward roll versus skid, consistent line and distance, line and distance of center hits versus toe/heel hits, etc. I think OEM's assume these marginal improvements carry to the real world where it's very difficult to show any advantage. Way too many variables to account for on a grass putting surface.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

From MGS:

I saw a high speed camera from I believe Bobby Grace where he showed on a felt "green" the differences and I believe they had one where they did it on an actual green where you could see the difference. On a exactly flat surface where there are no imperfections, sure a little skipping will not hurt, on a real greenI am not saying it makes a huge difference in just putting grooves on your putter, but it does make a difference. If it was a huge difference EVERYONE on the PGA Tour would be playing a putter with some sort of grooves.

As I stated before, it could be a combination of the heavy weight, counter balance, grooves, and the groove spacing that he uses, but my overall putting has gotten better. My distance control and short putting is much better. The distance control could be his grooves, or something else(but my misses are closer to the hole now), the short putting could be the counter balancing or his grooves or that I can aim this putter better, but more of them are going in now.

As far as Ping trying to sue, they could try. However Guerin has an approved patent on his groove technology and he follows it to the letter. I would imagine that has no worries about being sued since his patent was approved and he puts it to use exactly as his patent describes it.

Being a good putter requires a few things......

1. Aiming the putter where you think you are aiming it.

2. Good green reading

3. Good speed control to go along with the green reading

4. A putter that fits you - This part includes about 4-5 items in itself

A. If you have too low a loft or effective loft you will drive the putter into it's depression and it will squirt offline.

B. Not too much loft, you don't want a ball skipping

C. Toe hang that fits your stroke

D. Correct weight

E. Correct grip size

F. Counter balancing

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Nicest line of putters in recent memory. Picked up a 34"/370 gm ER2 today. Seems to hit all the right notes for me - weight, balance, feel, roll, even the grip size and shape - all just exactly perfect. I can only hope it works as well in my Saturday morning four ball as it did in the store....!

• Like 1

Titleist 910D2 Rombax X-type 60-S, A1 setting
Titleist 910F2 15, Rombax X-type 70-S, D1 setting
Titleist 910H 19, Rombax 8D07 S, D1 setting
Ping S56, KBS Tour 120S, 3-W
Ping Tour S 52/12, KBS Tour 120S
Ping Tour S 58 TS, KBS Tour 120S
Scotty Newport Fastback custom shop, 34", jumbo Scotty grip
Titleist Player 4 bag

Nicest line of putters in recent memory. Picked up a 34"/370 gm ER2 today. Seems to hit all the right notes for me - weight, balance, feel, roll, even the grip size and shape - all just exactly perfect. I can only hope it works as well in my Saturday morning four ball as it did in the store....!

Did you roll the other models?

Any difference on feeling?

Thanks.

After reading through some threads on these putters I'd be really interested why the OP promptly sold his on the BST. I'd sure like to try the red mallet.

This strikes me as odd as well. Though, I can't say I've never owned "the last putter I'll ever own", and then proceeded to sell it shortly after.

Thanks.

First and foremost, take all of my observations below with a slight grain of salt - the ER2 was the favorite as soon as I looked at it, and I really only rolled 3 or 4 balls each with the the more traditional blade and the hatchback. The two blades felt very similar to me, although I suspect that the longer, narrower ER1 may have a little more toe hang, promoting a little more open to closed motion. The hatchback is truly face balanced (at least to my eye), and looked pretty good to me overall (the milling on the bottom is particularly impressive), but it did not feel quite as positive in my hand as the two blades. BUT, the only hatchback in stock was 35" (I like 34"), which means that it also had a slightly lighter head, which could be responsible for the different feel. I did not try the red mallet because, pretty as it is, it is not to my taste.

All of them appear to have only a half shaft of offset, which is very much to my liking. Similarly, the slight toe hang on the ER2 suits my stroke.

I hope that this is helpful to you - as with all golf equipment observations, it's sometimes hard to separate personal taste from empirical data. A quick anecdote - after watching me drain several10 footers in a row with the ER2, another customer decided I was an "expert golfer" and started picking my brain about putters - he had found something he liked, but he didn't trust himself enough to pull the trigger without an "expert opinion." While I told him honestly that it wasn't something I would use, he bought himself a Cure putter with a big smile on his face because I had given it my blessing after watching him roll a few with it. The only real advice I gave him was that, if it makes him feel like he's going to hole more putts, then it's right for him.

YMMV.

Titleist 910D2 Rombax X-type 60-S, A1 setting
Titleist 910F2 15, Rombax X-type 70-S, D1 setting
Titleist 910H 19, Rombax 8D07 S, D1 setting
Ping S56, KBS Tour 120S, 3-W
Ping Tour S 52/12, KBS Tour 120S
Ping Tour S 58 TS, KBS Tour 120S
Scotty Newport Fastback custom shop, 34", jumbo Scotty grip
Titleist Player 4 bag

Thanks.

First and foremost, take all of my observations below with a slight grain of salt - the ER2 was the favorite as soon as I looked at it, and I really only rolled 3 or 4 balls each with the the more traditional blade and the hatchback. The two blades felt very similar to me, although I suspect that the longer, narrower ER1 may have a little more toe hang, promoting a little more open to closed motion. The hatchback is truly face balanced (at least to my eye), and looked pretty good to me overall (the milling on the bottom is particularly impressive), but it did not feel quite as positive in my hand as the two blades. BUT, the only hatchback in stock was 35" (I like 34"), which means that it also had a slightly lighter head, which could be responsible for the different feel. I did not try the red mallet because, pretty as it is, it is not to my taste.

All of them appear to have only a half shaft of offset, which is very much to my liking. Similarly, the slight toe hang on the ER2 suits my stroke.

I hope that this is helpful to you - as with all golf equipment observations, it's sometimes hard to separate personal taste from empirical data. A quick anecdote - after watching me drain several10 footers in a row with the ER2, another customer decided I was an "expert golfer" and started picking my brain about putters - he had found something he liked, but he didn't trust himself enough to pull the trigger without an "expert opinion." While I told him honestly that it wasn't something I would use, he bought himself a Cure putter with a big smile on his face because I had given it my blessing after watching him roll a few with it. The only real advice I gave him was that, if it makes him feel like he's going to hole more putts, then it's right for him.

YMMV.

It was very helpful. Thanks.

I can say I am intrigued but I cannot demo them.

I like them all aka no preference among them.

And that makes me crazy.

I would like to try them, but didn't see them at the PGASS in Orlando.

Anyone who says grooves are a gimmick, have never tried them. Because golf is art and science, some choose to ignore one of those because their games are more tuned into one over the other.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Thanks.

YMMV.

It was very helpful. Thanks.

I can say I am intrigued but I cannot demo them.

I like them all aka no preference among them.

And that makes me crazy.

I have played some sort of anser or zing shaped putter for pretty much my entire golfing career. However I had been hitting quite a few putts with odyssey #7 putters and was sure I would like the ER5 the best. However, that changed very quickly. The ER5 because it is milled along the grain of the metal(according to Guerin)and I assume because of the two pockets on the bottom of the ER5 it has a much higher pitched sound when striking a ball and that immediately turned me off from it. The ER1 just didn't suit my eye when looking at it, and the ER6 in the red was just too colorful for my liking. I immediately fell in love with the ER2, and the shape was just just big enough to be a little bigger but not too big to still seem almost blade like, and it had a nice soft feel.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

What's the story with these putters and the company? I really hadn't heard a thing about them until I got an email today from MGS about "the best putter we've ever tested (game- changing technology)". Well, color me intrigued, but the MGS review reads like a infomercial more than an unbiased review.

I read that article and I call B.S. I generally like MGS and have donated money to them before, but the article was crap. "The ball curves toward the hole." Nope, sorry, I don't buy putters that defy physics because that just tells me the source isn't credible. I expect MGS to endorse the Overspin putter next. Talk about a credibility free fall.

Edit - Now that I think of it, Guerin Rife is on his 3rd putter company. Each one had so-called revolutionary technology. Yeah, that or a marketing champ pulling the levers.

I didn't see the ball curving towards the hole on mis-hits, I did notice that my mis-hits didn't seem to go as far offline(left or right of center), and I didn't notice a big distance discrepancy(mis-hits ending up way short) as I saw with other putters.

I can't say I agree with the parting jab at Rife, but I 100% agree that the MGS was written more like marketing fluff than an objective review. I can't say that I'm intimately familiar, but in my limited exposure MGS has always come off as a decent source to help in my forming my initial opinions when doing research on something I'm considering. This article didn't feel that way.

They literally said the ball was curving off the line it was hit on back to the target. I mean, how does a golf equipment review website post those words and expect to be taken seriously?

I'm certainly interested in these EVNROLL putters, but it's not because of the content of MGS's article.

This was typical of MGS 'reviews'. How can it be any kind of objective 'test' when FOUR out of the 6 putters being 'tested' are EVNROLL??? Of course they are going to 'dominate', they already have more putters in the test than any other brand. I'm getting sick of MGS 'reviews'!!!

This was typical of MGS 'reviews'. How can it be any kind of objective 'test' when FOUR out of the 6 putters being 'tested' are EVNROLL??? Of course they are going to 'dominate', they already have more putters in the test than any other brand. I'm getting sick of MGS 'reviews'!!!

I read the big MGS putter tests, and they had a winner in their mallet big test(the Ping) and in the blades big test (the odyssey) and then tested them exactly the same way they ran the big test but against the EVN ROLL putters. So I am not sure why the review is flawed, when you place the best mallet and best blade against the EVN ROLL, the EVN roll putters fared the best. Carbon had more blade putters in the blade test than anyone else so they should have dominated by this thought process, yet they didn't.

Getting sick of reading this putter is better than that putter, blah, blah, blah. There just isn't much going on with a putter, it's a hunk of metal on the end of a shaft being stroked at very minimal speed (grooves, no grooves, doesn't matter). It comes down to the person utilizing the putter and more importantly his/her green reading abilities (or lack thereof). Just look at the best putters in the world and the variety of tools they've made work. All that said, I'm totally about the hunt for the magic blade via trial and error, just don't buy into the hype these companies are pedaling.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Went to PGASS Scottsdale and rolled all of the Evnroll putters. This was the second time trying them out and after looking at the ER6 and ER2 I am leaning toward the ER1. best feel of the bunch and the most consistent for my swing. I just don't think it is on the same level as a SC or other $320.00 putters. I tried the TM itsy bitsy spider and had some great results too. Heck I even hit a 38" counterbalanced Tour Edge and it was rolling nice.

I am not sure this putter is worth the money. there are plenty of great putters that if properly fitted can make you a better putter.

[size=1][color=#0000FF][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]Titleist [/b] - 917 D2 9.5 Aldila Rogue Silver
[b]Titleist[/b] - 917d - Aldila Rogue Silver
[b]Titleist[/b] - 915h 2 hybrid - Diamana Blue
[b]Titleist[/b] - TM UDI 4 iron with GD S flex (black) [/font][/color]
[b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#0000ff]Titleist - [/color][/font][/b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#0000ff]714 AP2 5-9 KBS 110 tour V[/color][/font]
[b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#0000ff]Titleist - SM5/SM6 [/color][/font][/b][color=#0000FF][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif] 46/52/56 KBS 110 tour[/font][/color]
[color=#0000FF][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]Callaway[/b] - PM Mack Daddy 60 KBS
[b]Scotty Cameron[/b] - Platinum[/font][/color]
[b][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif][color=#0000ff]Titleist - Pro V1 or Kirkland Baby[/color][/font][/b]
[color=#0000FF][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]Foot Joy/Nike [/b] DNA or Lunar 3 [/font][/color][/size]
[size=2]Nike or FJ Apparel
Patrick Gibbons Belts[/size]

I stopped contributing to that site when they said very negative things about scratch golf (after they were closed). The concept is cool, but it's a reach at times.

I bought an ER2 direct from EVNROLL a few weeks ago without ever seeing one in person.

I am an above-average putter (5 hcp) but I like to try out different putters. I have used a Cure and an Edel putter earlier this year, as well as a Kuchar armlock for the two years prior. I have used classic blades, mallets, counterbalanced, and belly putters in the last 5 years. I am a pendulum-type putter, controlling distance with stroke length rather than hand/wrist manipulation.

A few observations about the ER2:

It is a heavy overall putter (heavier headweight and counterbalance) but does not feel heavy during the stroke. Kind of a typical counterbalance feel although they are standard length.

It feels very soft and the ball does not go as far as my most recent prior putters. There was some adjustment needed to recalibrate distances for me.

Distance control seems very good and I do think that mishits seem to travel closer to the same distance as pure hits than most other putters (although the Cure putter is very good at this as well).

I have not noticed any curving back to the target in day-to-day play. I have not tried to duplicate their online video demonstration of this gear effect. Rife did say in an online radio interview that he had to gear back the amount of arc on his initial parabolic grooves because the mishits were curving too much back to center. I am not a physicist, but it seems to me that gear effect from the parabolic grooves could affect the initial spin direction of the ball and make it slightly different than the ball direction which could influence the ultimate direction the ball rolls (just like draws and fades bounce differently but on a much slower and smaller scale). Of course once the ball is rolling, the spin direction and ball direction would be the same so I can't see there being any effect on curve at the end of the roll.

I do like the way this putter looks and feels. I have no plans to look at other putters (at the moment, anyway).

For anyone riding the fence should know that they offer a pretty decent return policy ..I believe they give you a week to try it out

If you don't like it you can return it for a refund ...

It would be whole lot better if they offer 30days trial.

Also, it will give us more confident look fir thier products and techs.