Scotty Cameron Newport insert dent

leftnike ·  
leftnikeleftnike Members  50WRX Points: 0Posts: 50
I was recently cleaning my sc newport, and while i was cleaning the insert i pressed to hard and accidently dented the insert in a little bit.

i was just wondering if there is anyway to make it so its even.

if you need a picture just ask.
Posted:

Comments

• MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    image/worth.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':worth:' />

Does that do for asking? LOL

How does one go about merely cleaning an insert, accidentally press too hard, and dent stainless steel? What in the world were you cleaning it with....the back of a hammer?
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • mat562mat562 My ex had an irrational phobia of salad cream. Honestly. Members  10967WRX Points: 198Posts: 10,967 Titanium Tees
    It sounds as thiugh you'vejust deformed the elastomer membrane with the pressure you've applied.

Unscrewing the insert screws and giving it a jiggle should re-seat the insert so that it's flush again. It should be a simple enough fix, as long as you don't go at it like a bull at a gate and remove the insert entirely. Loosen, adjust, and re-tighten.

As above, and I know it's after the horse has bolted and all that, but you only need to wipe it with a cloth; you're cleaning the surface of a small piece of metal and there isn't a type of muck on Earth that needs that much pressure to remove from a putter. Go steady next time. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • rrkmanrrkman Members  1182WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,182
    I wouldn't mind seeing the pics as well.....if this was the studio style that is in your sig, that insert is steel, right?
    Posted:
  • MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    rrkman wrote on Jan 14 2009, 05:40 PM:
    I wouldn't mind seeing the pics as well.....if this was the studio style that is in your sig, that insert is steel, right?

GSS (German Stainless Steel)
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]
  • rrkmanrrkman Members  1182WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,182
    MchSt805 wrote on Jan 14 2009, 05:42 PM:
    rrkman wrote on Jan 14 2009, 05:40 PM:

GSS (German Stainless Steel)

That's what I thought. I've never had one in hand but unless that insert is extremely thin, it would be awful hard to dent it, right?
    Posted:
  • wildwilly911wildwilly911 Members  2750WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,750
    that insert isnt that thick, but you must have pressed pretty darn hard. you might have to pull the insert
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.