My torched Anser 2

Dukefan1 ·  
Dukefan1Dukefan1 Lefty Boomers  2252WRX Points: 127Posts: 2,252 Platinum Tees
Looking at the torched Rife post, I decided to try this on my stainless steel Ping Anser 2. It looks better in person than pictures suggest. The color is a light bronze color. I torched the putter for a quite a while to get it as hot as possible. Dipped in motor oil(don't know if this had affect on color or not, just tried it), let cool, wipe off a repeated process 4 times. It looks a lot better that plain stainless steel in my opinion. Tell me what you think.

Posted:
Driver-Callaway Big Bertha 816 DBD, 3 Wood-Callaway XR Steelhead, 5 Wood-Callaway Rogue, Irons-Ben Hogan PTX Wedges-Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50, 54 Ping Glide 58, Putter-Odyssey EXO 7s, Ball-Snell MTB Black, Bridgestone Tour b330

Comments

• trapsmv15trapsmv15 Plattsburgh, NYMembers  1756WRX Points: 121Handicap: 10-12Posts: 1,756 Platinum Tees
    Sir, your putter is backwards. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Looks great! I'm inspired to try it out on an old Anser I have in the garage.
    Posted:

Wishon 919THI 10* (45”)

Wishon 929HS 16.5* (43”)

Wishon 775HS 18* (41.5”)

Wishon Sterling 4-LW (37”)

Wishon Cavity Black CB3 (35”)

Snell MTB-X

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • sharkharksharkhark Members  1691WRX Points: 129Posts: 1,691 Platinum Tees
    I cannot honestly see anything? not trying to be mean, just do not see any hues..or a difference in color variations...if you had not told me it was not bronze before i would not know.
    Posted:
  • mossmanmossman Members  244WRX Points: 72Posts: 244 Fairways
    sharkhark wrote on Jan 15 2009, 03:38 PM:
    I cannot honestly see anything? not trying to be mean, just do not see any hues..or a difference in color variations...if you had not told me it was not bronze before i would not know.

I have to agree. Sorry.
    Posted:
  • gotemgotem Members  611WRX Points: 93Posts: 611 Golden Tee
    i like.
    Posted:
  • longbal30longbal30 Members  2522WRX Points: 112Posts: 2,522 Titanium Tees
    really need to polish it first to get good results.
    Posted:
    TITLEIST TS3 8.5 T1100
    Callaway XR Pro 15* Fairway
    Taylormade GAPR 2
    Honma 737V 4-pw
    Titleist SM6 52/58
    Machine M20 Converter Aluminum Bronze
    Scotty Newport Select
  • Rife guyRife guy Members  189WRX Points: 0Posts: 189
    I like the Bronze color . You did a good job for your first attempt and you took a chance and experimented . Thats how we all learn and get better ! One thing by getting that hot you went thru and past the colors and hues . Most of mine I don't polish but I will knock off some of the finish some with a medium nylon wheel and some with just 2400 grit paper . Bottom Line image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' /> !
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    Torch the **** out of it man! I wanna see it multi color. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Seriously good job, very even torch, just shine it up for good measure.

Very sharp.

Peace.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.