2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

MEMBER REVIEWS: Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro White shafts.

5 GolfWRXers are testing a Mitsubishi Rayon TENSEI CK Pro White shaft in their drivers and reporting back the results.

Let's keep this thread open until members start posting.

Thanks!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First I would like to thank MRC and Golfwrx for this opportunity. I got a call from my wife Friday asking me why is there a golf club at our house. Hahaha. Well I told her I was very fortunate to be selected to test a new product from Mitsubishi. They have supplied me with two not one as previously stated to write a review because I have access to trackman 4. Without further delay I will show you all the swag that came and in a few days after testing I will write my honest review. So enjoy until we meet again.

Titleist TSR3 Diamana White Stiff

TM Stealth2 Plus 3, 5Wood Ventus Black TR 7S

Titleist T200U 2 and 3 iron Mitsubishi Tensei Whte 8S 

Titleist T100 4-PW AMTWhite S

Vokey SM10 50, 54, 58  AMT White

Scotty Super Select NP (ordered)

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Young Waldo-I know we all have different needs but I am looking forward to your comparisons of the Pro Blue versus the Pro White. I have been using the Pro Blue you a few months now and it has transformed my driving game.

Keep us posted!

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

First off I would like to thank Rob, Golfwrx and Mitsubishi Rayon for choosing me to conduct this test.

It's nice to see a company request feedback from amateur golfers rather than just relying on feedback from touring pro''s

A little bit about me first.

I'm a golfer in the UK playing off a handicap of 3.5, I have been trying to play this game for 18 years and have played golf to county level. My swing is quite unusual in that my backswing is fairly slow with a slight pause at the top, from there I then attack the ball quite hard. My driver swing speed was last measured at 105.

I am a bit of a shaftoholic and used to play x stiff due to launching and spinning the ball quite high, however, at a recent driver fitting it was pointed out just how much distance I was losing due to not being able to load the shaft correctly.

I was eventually fitted for a Taylormade M2 9.5 degrees with a stiff Aldila Rogue Silver 70g.

Opening the box (pictures will be added)

I had received a phone call from MRC asking for my shirt and hat size so they could send me a thank you gift (because the shaft isn't enough) to my surprise the first thing the struck me was seeing 2 golf grips. On opening the enclosed letter they had sent me a Tensei CK Pro White, Stiff flex, 70g, a t-shirt, fitted baseball cap, a knitted winter hato and a large coin ball marker. MRC had also given me a Tensei CK Pro Blue as a thank you for doing the test, this was built to the same specs as the white. To say I was shocked was an understatement.

Aesthetics

The shafts look rather understated, which I like, I feel if a shaft needs loud graphics then it's making up for poor performance. You can see the weave in the but and then the remainder of the shaft is black with a small white band.

I have hit 90 balls on the range already swapping between the Rogue, Pro White and Pro Blue.

In a nutshell the 2 MRC shafts do exactly what the say on the tin, I will go into more detail though.

Driving is currently the worst part of my game, I have 2 bad misses, the pull hook and high block, this is purely down to club face at impact as my swing path is fairly neutral, so this is work in progress.

With the Pro White I foundon't I had to up the loft from 9.5 to 10.5, this was due to not only launching lower but having very little spin so the ball was nose diving out of the air. The change in loft did the trick, the dispersion seemed much tighter with a nice straight flat ball flight. This baby is smoother than Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing, the Rogue felt a little loose but the Pro White was smooth and tight, I put that down to the better materials used, this shaft is smoother than a white board with slightly lower launch and definitely lower spin.

The Pro Blue again had a better dispersion and had a launch similar to the Kai'li I've used before but less spin, there was no ballooning with these shots. It will be interesting to get these 2 shafts on a launch monitor. The Pro Blue was also super smooth.

Needless to say the Pro White stayed in the bag. I think the Pro Blue will be a great 3 wood shaft or a great replacement for a Tour AD DI in the low spin driver heads.

This first test was enough for me to game the Pro White the very next day in competition and I'm glad I did, I missed just one fairway and that was only by 3 yards, my best driving day for a long time, hit 14 GIR as a result and shot a 74 get a handicap reduction. As a first test it got a big thumbs up, my playing partner is a big hitter and he even commented on the better flight and added length it had given me.

I will be arranging to test these 3 shafts on a flight scope in the next week or so.

I will also be going to the range a couple of times this week and am playing in our vlubs matchplay final on Sunday over 36 holes so the shaft will get tested further then.

If you have any question then please feel free to ask.

I have hit quite a few different shafts in the past so can help with some comparisons if need be but needless to say the Pro White and Pro Blue are THE most smoothest shafts I have had the pleasure to swing.

It has been like comparing first class air travel to economy you really do get what you pay for and the materials used have made these shafts a pleasure to use.

Well shoot! This is the one contest I was freaking out to try a shaft. This one is definitely on my radar to hit. I'm a fanatic about the whiteboards. I have played the OG whiteboard, D+, Ahina, w-series, and second gen D+ for years. I'm currently on the OG whiteboard. I can't wait to hear the results and I guess I'll end up with a Tensei as well.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Diamana DF 60X
Titleist TS3 15* w/ Diamana ZF 70X
Titleist 913h 19* w/ Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T100s 4-P w/ C-Taper Lite X
Titleist Vokey Raw 48, 54, 60 w/ S400
Scotty Cameron Tour Rat

Well shoot! This is the one contest I was freaking out to try a shaft. This one is definitely on my radar to hit. I'm a fanatic about the whiteboards. I have played the OG whiteboard, D+, Ahina, w-series, and second gen D+ for years. I'm currently on the OG whiteboard. I can't wait to hear the results and I guess I'll end up with a Tensei as well.

I'm afraid you will, the whiteboard is good but the Pro White is on another level altogether

Young Waldo-I know we all have different needs but I am looking forward to your comparisons of the Pro Blue versus the Pro White. I have been using the Pro Blue you a few months now and it has transformed my driving game.

Keep us posted!

After a few hits the blue to me seems to spin less. I will do more testing. Here are two blues first then three white.

I will be testing them out more soon. This was just a trial.

Wk

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

First off I would like to thank Rob, Golfwrx and Mitsubishi Rayon for allowing me to be a part of this test I always really enjoy being able to read other amateur player's reviews so I'm hoping to be able to do this one justice.

A little about me:

I play mostly in the midwest between Iowa and Wisconsin, so I "get to" take a few months off every year unless I want to travel. Been playing this crazy game for 14 years, but have been playing more seriously and playing tournament golf in the last 4 or 5. I range somewhere between a +1 and a 2 depending on how much I am able to play and practice. I have a driver swing speed when last measured of 114, and tend to hit a little cut off of the tee to eliminate the left side of the course but can work the ball either way, if needed.

I was fitted into a few different shafts when the 915 came out and picked the Rouge 70G 125MSI TX from those options for several reasons, none of which are entirely important to this thread.

Opening the box (pictures will be added):

I got a call from MRC asking about tipping and shirt/hat size so they would be able to send me some swag along with the shaft (which was already more than enough). Much like everybody else, I was very pleasantly surprised to see 2 shafts in the box along with the shirt, hat, ball mark, knit hat, and letter. Seeing the CK Blue in there was a wonderful surprise and I will have to be able to put that to good use in this test as well, since others have experience with that one.

Aesthetics:

The shafts are extremely understated in the best possible way. I have always said that if you give me a shaft that has a bunch of crazy graphics on it and one that doesn't that I hit a little worse, I will happily take the more understated one. Can see some of the carbon weave just beyond the grip, followed by a small white or blue band, followed by a gloss black section to the adaptor. I can certainly give the first impressions on that vs my rogue a plus!

Added a few comparison pics between the rogue in my 917 and the Tensei in my 915 as well as showing the carbon butt section of the shaft. The entire shaft is awesome to look down at, and the fact that it goes where I want it to is even more of a plus! I will be heading out to the course again this afternoon (9/20) and will have another post with my on course feelings.

I had a bit of time on Friday when I got the shafts to go and hit balls and switched between the 2 Tensei's and my Rogue and both the white and blue performed exactly as they say that they will. I thought that I had saved my monitor data, but can't seem to find it, so I will be getting back out there in the near future to get some numbers for this thread. From what I remember, the white and my rogue had somewhat similar numbers, though the Tensei tended to spin less, and launch a little lower as a result. I played a little with the settings on both my 915 heads and found that adding a little loft helped to get the launch angle back up to where I like it, without sending the spin number skyrocketing.

I headed out to the course late to our 18th hole where I was able to hit it not on the range and took 12 balls that I marked 6 and 6 differently to compare the rogue and the pro white. I found that I had slightly less dispersion on the ones I mishit with the white than I did with my rogue, but the difference for me wasn't huge in that very limited test.

I headed out again on Sunday and took my newly arrived 917 and wasn't really the ideal situation for testing a shaft trying to get the feel of a new driver, but wanted to see what would come of it. I missed 2 fairways which were both due to operator error, and didn't even worry about switching to the rogue. I will be playing tomorrow (Tuesday) and will be taking the rogue with a demo 917 head and will compare all the way around the course to see how things go. While I know there are differences between the 2 heads, however minor, I would like to be able to hit both of each tee and see how they compare in that way and changing shafts each time isn't convenient.

I will be getting back on either trackman or flightscope in the coming week to get numbers again.

I will also be playing in a 2 day tournament Thursday and Friday as well as a USGA fourball qualifier next week, so as long as things seem to go the way they have, it will have a place in the bag for that and will get a full run under tournament pressure. I will do my best to keep this thread updated with the progress as I have them.

I have always loved the way that my Rouge has felt and performed and have tried several times to find something to kick it out of the bag but haven't been successful. The Pro White is, for lack of a better term, the slightly more refined version of my Rogue in the feel department as well as performance from the early tests.

If you have any questions that you want answers to, please don't hesitate to ask!

Waldo, thanks for your great post! Really appreciate all of your reviews. Jealous that all of you got a Pro Blue in addition to your White.

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD DS72 34.5"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

Big thanks to MRC and WRX for the opportunity to test both. I put my name in the hat to get a chance to test the Tensei White as I was looking for something to spin along the same lines as the BB6 and wouldn't you know it, I received a PM with the opportunity I was hoping for!

I was actually fiddling between the Tensei Blue, Kuro Kage Silver and Tour AD BB 6 in my 915 for the last month and have to say, the Tensei really surprised me. Spin numbers were 300-500rpm higher than both the Kuro Kage and BB6, but what impressed me the most was the control I felt I had with the Tensei over both. I've always been a big fan of the Tour AD line, mostly because I gravitate towards shafts that are softer up in the handle, but offer stability in the mid-section all the way down into the tip. The Tensei Blue delivers just that and if I were to compare it to any shaft I've tried in the MRC line, I'd have to say the Diamana B series would be a mirror image. I've since switched to the M2 and will be giving the Tensei White a test in the M2 which is proving to be a better fit for me, numbers wise. All testers were lucky enough to receive both a Tensei Blue and Tensei White; with already having experienced the Tensei Blue in the 915 and not achieving the numbers I wanted, I'll be putting both through the paces and will report back on the differences I see and feel.

I'll post pictures before I leave on vacation tomorrow with the box I received from MRC, and will complete my review upon my return. Had these plans well before the contest was even announced, so my apologies to WRX and MRC for any delays.

Wow, this is a sweet testing/review opportunity indeed, nicely done MRC and WRX. Two shafts, and the icing on the cake MRC hats, shirt, etc. Looking forward to reading all the results.

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

Waldo, thanks for your great post! Really appreciate all of your reviews. Jealous that all of you got a Pro Blue in addition to your White.

Thanks. I will be heading to Hamilton Farm this Friday to try out the shaft outdoors. Review to follow.

Wk

Scotty Tour Rat

PROV1 Left Dash

Thanks to MRC and WRX for this test! Really excited to get the TENSEI CK Pro White in my Hands, since I was a whiteboard fanboy forever.

As everyone did, I received an amazing box full of stuff. I had requested 60TX, and received that in CK White, and the surprise, Blue! For this process, I'm going to show the White, and comparison, and will add the Blue in the coming days.

A little about me:

29 Years Old

Reinstated Amateur, played mini tours back in the day. Now, I compete probably 10 times a year.

College Golf Coach

Play/Practice a couple times a week

110 mph (Sorry WRX, this is all I've got..) Most recent revision scores attached below.

Testing Contols:

Trackman III - 2016 ProV1 X's - 76 Degrees - SeaLevel (342 feet) - Data is NOT normalized, as conditions were.

Current Set Up:

Titleist 915 D3 - 8.5* - Project X HZRDUS 6.5 Prototype 65G @ 44.5" - D2

Look, the fact of the matter is, I'm not all that long. Driving is a strength of my game, fairways are good (in my opinion), and I often on the course hit a VERY low punch driver, because I like playing from the short stuff. I really liked how this set up felt, it was VERY stable, misses were pushed (which I like, one side), and it actually felt like the OG Whiteboard to me. I like that low-torque, boardy feeling (it's the feeling of control, right?)

Here's my baseline for this driver:

Not horrible, but not great. Spins a little much, launches okay, but again, I knew where it was going, and liked the feel, so, no big deal. If the course was firm, I could scoot it out to 300 yards, and for me, that's plenty. I'll figure out how to score from there.

Tensei White - 60TX - 44.5" - A4 Setting (Same)

Lot's has been talked about when it comes to how good this shaft looks, and I'll echo that. It is beautiful. I actually don't like colored shafts, and tend to seek out black, or single color shafts (only exception to this has been UST Attas Elements Proto, that's my jam). I'm an old school guy, still wear Classics/Icons and FJ shirts, so, sue me. But, this thing is sweet looking. The carbon fiber coming through is awesome, and, it's just sleek. Sexy.

I popped it into my 915, and it felt a little light. Eh, no big deal. Other than that, swinging it felt good. Little 'looser' than the HZRDUS, but, that's not a bad thing, plus, I haven't even hit one yet.

Teed it up, and well, here ya go:

Just a rocket. Lowered spin, picked up a ton of carry yardage, raised launch, and the feel is VERY smooth. It's tight, yet powerful. Now, Trackman showed I got 18 yards of carry...doubtful on course at gamer speed, but it's going to be a significant flight difference, with about 700 RPMs of spin lower.

I'm taking them out to the course today to test, and see. But wanted to update the thread ASAP, so I got some data up for conversation purposes. 11:20 tee time this AM, so I'll be checking in from there, and have more playability from the course today.

Early opinion:

This shaft is amazing. Incredibly low spin, without sacrificing any feel. Could be the holy grail for a lot of players. Really, really impressed.

Another session completed on the range today, I have to say both the White and Blue continue to seriously impress me, distances appear very similar even though the flight from the Blue is higher. I finished the session with the Aldila Rogue and it just feels so loose, the dispersion compared to the White and Blue is horrendous.

I have booked a session on Flightscope this Saturday so I will be able to supply some numbers.

With the naked eye I'm favouring the Pro White, once I have launch monitor data I will take all 3 shafts to the course and hit 6 balls with each as launch monitor data doesn't necessarily mean it's the best shaft for the course

Big thanks to MRC and WRX for the opportunity to test both. I put my name in the hat to get a chance to test the Tensei White as I was looking for something to spin along the same lines as the BB6 and wouldn't you know it, I received a PM with the opportunity I was hoping for!

I was actually fiddling between the Tensei Blue, Kuro Kage Silver and Tour AD BB 6 in my 915 for the last month and have to say, the Tensei really surprised me. Spin numbers were 300-500rpm higher than both the Kuro Kage and BB6, but what impressed me the most was the control I felt I had with the Tensei over both. I've always been a big fan of the Tour AD line, mostly because I gravitate towards shafts that are softer up in the handle, but offer stability in the mid-section all the way down into the tip. The Tensei Blue delivers just that and if I were to compare it to any shaft I've tried in the MRC line, I'd have to say the Diamana B series would be a mirror image. I've since switched to the M2 and will be giving the Tensei White a test in the M2 which is proving to be a better fit for me, numbers wise. All testers were lucky enough to receive both a Tensei Blue and Tensei White; with already having experienced the Tensei Blue in the 915 and not achieving the numbers I wanted, I'll be putting both through the paces and will report back on the differences I see and feel.

I'll post pictures before I leave on vacation tomorrow with the box I received from MRC, and will complete my review upon my return. Had these plans well before the contest was even announced, so my apologies to WRX and MRC for any delays.

Guessing your previous Blue Tensei was not the Pro version? I have tried both and the Pro is night and day better than the stock.

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Tensei are a great offering, loving my 80TX white in my 3 wood. Look forward to hearing results.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Have any of you noticed if the Blue or the White swingweight a little lighter than the comparable weight D, S or Rogue Silver? Just curious as it seems I've read that the Tensei seems to come out a little lighter in swingweight.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Have any of you noticed if the Blue or the White swingweight a little lighter than the comparable weight D, S or Rogue Silver? Just curious as it seems I've read that the Tensei seems to come out a little lighter in swingweight.

The TX to TX feel is that the Tensei is a little lighter IMO. Not a bad thing, but something that I certainly noticed.

Guessing your previous Blue Tensei was not the Pro version? I have tried both and the Pro is night and day better than the stock.

Correct Shilgy, was not the Pro Blue. I now have both and will put them through the paces to see the differences.

But by no means was the CK Blue a slouch--the average golfer would fit into this series of shaft nicely, IMHO.

Awesome, I am definitely tuned in to this thread. I have been interested in both the Tenesi Blue and white for some time now and looking forward to hearing what you guys think. If any of you guys rule one of them out, let me know and maybe we can make a deal! haha

Taylormade M5 w/ Tenesi Orange 60x 
Taylormade M5 3w/5w w/ Tenesi Orange 70x   
Callaway Apex Pro Combo PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 50, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro-V1x

Another session completed on the range today, I have to say both the White and Blue continue to seriously impress me, distances appear very similar even though the flight from the Blue is higher. I finished the session with the Aldila Rogue and it just feels so loose, the dispersion compared to the White and Blue is horrendous.

I have booked a session on Flightscope this Saturday so I will be able to supply some numbers.

With the naked eye I'm favouring the Pro White, once I have launch monitor data I will take all 3 shafts to the course and hit 6 balls with each as launch monitor data doesn't necessarily mean it's the best shaft for the course

Congrats on being picked - feel free to send your 'looser' in my direction lol (not the Rogue tho)

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

Anyone using the white compare to the W series? W series, to me is just an amazing shaft.

If you liked W, you'll LOVE Tensei white. Outperforms and feels similar.

It does. I agree with this.