Anyone have two putters in the bag during play???

7464 ·  
74647464 Members  573WRX Points: 0Handicap: ???Posts: 573
I was just wondering if anyone has ever played a round utilizing two putters...and is it against any rule of golf?

Reason being is that I seem to putt very well inside of 15 feet with my PING CRAZ-E putter but cannot lag put with it to save my life (very inconsistent with distance control over 30 feet), however, I can lag putts up close on a more consistsent basis with my Scotty Newport 2 but have a history of missing putts inside of 10 feet with this putter as I tend to roll the face close at impact and miss left...now I know one putter is face balanced and the other is toe balanced and I am working on my putting with my coach but he even said "why not" to having both putters in the bag and see how it goes...that way anything outside of say 15 feet I use Scotty and everything inside of 15 feet I use the CRAZ-E...

Am I CRAZY or what? image/wacko.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />
Posted:
PING - Rapture V2, 17*, TFC 939 H, x-stiff
PING - i20 irons, 3 - PW, +3/4 Black dot, CFS stiff
PING - Glide 50ss / 54ss, +1/2 Black dot, CFS wedge
PING - Cadence TR B65, 35in
W/S - Duo Spin

Comments

• MAK2525MAK2525 Members  733WRX Points: 0Posts: 733
    As far as I know, you could have 14 putters in your bag and still be legal.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • astamm8astamm8 Members  1291WRX Points: 56Posts: 1,291 Platinum Tees
    for what it's worth, sergio used 2 putters at some point last year.
    Posted:
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX  6929WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,929 ClubWRX
    Sergio did it on tour...not sure it's the ideal for most people, but if it works for you...

Just be sure you don't exceed 14 clubs in the bag...if you add a putter, you'll have to take out some other club.
    Posted:
  • mshillsmshills On golf hiatus. Auto accidents suck. Pittsburgh, PA — South HillsMembers  3876WRX Points: 191Handicap: ?Posts: 3,876 Titanium Tees
    I've thought about doing this as I only carry 13 clubs 99% of the time. My idea was to carry either a long or belly putter for the short putts and a regular putter for longer putts.

I have not done this experiment yet, but I have considered it.

Then again, the way to avoid the very long putts is to hit the ball closer to the pin. image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8 deg
    TEE E8 Beta 16.5 deg
    Callaway Big Bertha V Series Heavenwood
    TEE CB Pro 3h 21 deg
    Titleist 735.CM 4-PW, S300
    Titleist Vokey 54.14, 58.08
    Dave Curry Big Oak custom center shaft
    Custom Eliott carry bag, waxed canvas and leather

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.