New Bettinardi

cloozoe ·  
cloozoecloozoe Members  303WRX Points: 0Posts: 303
Been wanting to try a Bettinardi DASS and this one appealed to me so I bought it. Can anybody tell me anything about it beyond what's written on it? Any thoughts in general? Haven't laid hands or eyes on it other than the pictures. Should receive it in about a week.

Bet1.jpg

Bet2.jpg

Bet3.jpg

Bet4.jpg

Bet5.jpg
Posted:

Comments

• kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    that is beautiful

i love it!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX  6930WRX Points: 232Posts: 6,930 ClubWRX
    Nice..looks like it's based off the BB1 design (anser/newport style). It has the H stamp on the hosel which means that it's a "Heavy" head...probably 345-360g.

DASS feels nice and soft for a stainless steel metal, yet responsive...it's a strange mix, but it's just about perfect. Best of all, you get all the benefits of low maintenance that comes with stainless steel putters . Bettinardi made a small variety of the putters with the short sound slot...I have one with 3 sound slots and I've seen Bettinardis with 1, 2 and 3 sound slots. I can only guess that the number of slots will change the sound at impact to create a specific feel.

I don't see too many putters like this (or with sound slots in general, especially the BB1 and BB8 models), so you'll have something unique and of course, I'm sure it'll roll the ball perfectly!
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    Heavy head is probably 360 grams. Beautiful putter.
    Posted:
  • TM golf guyTM golf guy Members  9985WRX Points: 1Posts: 9,985 Titanium Tees
    Beautiful putter. If you end up not liking it I know someone that would be happy to take it off your hands. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
  • cloozoecloozoe Members  303WRX Points: 0Posts: 303
    Thanks, fellas. It's kind of understated looking (for a Bettinardi), which appeals to me, compared to the other available DASS putters I've come across lately, like the Millenium Series and the Major Tournament Series. I also like the heavier head weight and the less "commercial" looking sole stampings (engravings?), with the plain block upright, sidewise and upside down letters/numbers. In short; it looks like my idea of a gamer rather than something to hang over the mantle. Even the length is right for my stance.

Appears to have a slightly longer neck than standard BB1, but that might be just the picture. May be a slant neck? Supposed to be new, to boot.

In fact everything would be about perfect were it not for it being shipped UPS ground from Hawaii to the east coast (I hope they wrap it in plastic so it doesn't get wet while the truck drives across the Pacific) which will sorely tax my desire for instant gratification, and the one other last second bidder besides myself who thought it was worth more than $400 and consequently cost me an extra $100 and change.

Ah well; as I said to Kit the other day, what fun is it unless you overpay?
    Posted:
  • bruinmwbruinmw Members  311WRX Points: 68Posts: 311 Greens
    Very good looking stick... Don't see those come up hardly at all, and I'd have to disagree about the overpaying part. You still got a pretty good deal on it, imo. If I had seen it, I would have definitely bid on it too... image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Congrats on the pickup, hope it treats you well.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Fuji Ventus Black 6x
    Callaway Epic 15* Graphite Design Tour AD Blue 75x (True Spec proprietary shaft)
    Callaway Apex 20* Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8s
    TM P770 4-9 Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey 46f, 50f (with Project X LX 6.0), 54s, 58s (with KBS 610x)
    009 Brushed Black, Studio Select Newport, or TM Spider X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • vanla01vanla01 Members  1660WRX Points: 104Posts: 1,660 Platinum Tees
    Beautiful putter, cant get any better than that!! I still looking for that perfect Dass putter, congrats on the pick up!!
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    cloozoe wrote on Jan 16 2009, 09:09 AM:
    Appears to have a slightly longer neck than standard BB1, but that might be just the picture. May be a slant neck? Supposed to be new, to boot.

Yes - neck is slightly longer than standard and has a slight slant to it -- similar to the BB42.
    Posted:
    Yep - BB42 seemed to me to be about the closest I had seen to it, as well. I briefly rolled some with an acquaintance's BB42 a few years back and it suited me really well. In fact, I was pondering pulling the trigger on one listed here on BST at a nice price when I saw this one which I liked a little better.

As to "overpaying", I was just kidding around. Seemed to me about right, particularly factoring in that it was -- for me -- just about the perfect Betti and I doubt I would have come across another one like it for a long time. I still had a fair bit of slack in my snipe bid.

Any price you pay on eBay is almost by definition the "right" price, since with tens of millions of participants it pretty well defines the term "market value". Still; came awfully close to having "stolen" it for $410, though, ~sigh~ image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Thanks, Nick. Yeah, I'm really excited about it!
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.