2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I found a Kirkland Signature Tour Performance ball this weekend. I've got pics on my phone, but can't for the life of me figure out how to load pics to this site...so yeah, doesn't exist:) It looks good. Feels like urethane cover. The "Tour Performance" is written like a sight line on the ProV1s. I'm excited! I didn't play it because I had a game going. Next week maybe...

Pics NOW

who cares what the logo looks like??

You have got to be kidding. This is WRX.

50% of the people on here care what everything looks like. Shafts, iron topline, iron soles, driver shape, colors, bags, shoes, shirts, I could go on and on.

All I'm interested in is to hear how the first guy that dyes them yellow does it!

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

How long till Costco/Kirkland bags are showing up on the PGA tour? If Nike is any model, I'm not so sure why Costco/Kirkland wants to get into this game...

contract w/ callaway probably expired. they are probably mass producing the balls for like .10 cents a pop, all about getting as many people into the stores as possible. not like they are gonna start sponsoring tour pros or something.

The callaway balls were almost always sold out or very low on stock in my 2 costcos I frequent. Oddly they each carried a different one (hex soft or super soft) so no doubt these will get those sales + whatever the more discerning golfer comes to buy.

Could be a lot of weekend hackers who don't know the difference in surlyn vs urethane now buying urethane without even knowing it. "My dang balls are sticking like crazy!" haha

How long till Costco/Kirkland bags are showing up on the PGA tour? If Nike is any model, I'm not so sure why Costco/Kirkland wants to get into this game...

These will be a great seller for them, why not?

I wonder if they will or not. The golf equipment at my local Costco (Callaway) always ends up in the back corner of the store marked down. Even at a super deal, how big a market share could a Kirkland ball capture? Golfers are pretty brand loyal bunch, especially accomplished golfers. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but most the guys I golf with would never stray from their ball brand, even if getting a quality golf ball for half the price.

The callaway balls were almost always sold out or very low on stock in my 2 costcos I frequent. Oddly they each carried a different one (hex soft or super soft) so no doubt these will get those sales + whatever the more discerning golfer comes to buy.

Could be a lot of weekend hackers who don't know the difference in surlyn vs urethane now buying urethane without even knowing it. "My dang balls are sticking like crazy!" haha

Yeah I was thinking of that too haha. Most of them have too much mud caked in their grooves to know the difference lol

I seriously doubt Costco will be getting into PGA TOUR sponsorships as they spend essentially nothing on advertising outside their stores (I've never seen a commercial or newspaper advertisement for them). Also, there's no way they're getting into other hard goods. My guess is that they couldn't get Callaway to meet a certain price they wanted (perhaps Callaway wasn't willing to provide a quality urethane ball at the 24 for $30 price point?). I have a relative who works in the Costco corporate office and have asked for details. Will post what I hear back. Said relative indicated that my guess is probably correct as Costco has done the same thing many times with other products (hard liquor being a very good example - I'm told their vodka is some of the best on the U.S. market, especially at the price and they allegedly got into the liquor market when they couldn't get the price they wanted from a previous supplier).

I seriously doubt Costco will be getting into PGA TOUR sponsorships as they spend essentially nothing on advertising outside their stores (I've never seen a commercial or newspaper advertisement for them). Also, there's no way they're getting into other hard goods. My guess is that they couldn't get Callaway to meet a certain price they wanted (perhaps Callaway wasn't willing to provide a quality urethane ball at the 24 for $30 price point?). I have a relative who works in the Costco corporate office and have asked for details. Will post what I hear back. Said relative indicated that my guess is probably correct as Costco has done the same thing many times with other products (hard liquor being a very good example - I'm told their vodka is some of the best on the U.S. market, especially at the price and they allegedly got into the liquor market when they couldn't get the price they wanted from a previous supplier).

dude, their kirkland IPA is a quality beer for the price. i only wish my costco was closer for me to stock up more often.

In my experience, from garbage bags to chocolate covered raisins, anything with the Kirkland label is a good product.

I saw a special about Costco once, it showed the vetting process for a product to be labeled with the Kirkland brand. It was very rigorous process. Costco has certain standards they follow and the manufacturers either comply, or don't get the label/shelf space.

Regardless of font, I expect the Kirkland golf balls to be pretty good!

(for the record, Kirkland manufactures nothing, it's a private label)

Biggest selling product in the store??...try to guess before clicking......

Kirkland Toilet Paper!

X________________________________ Sign Here

Yeah costco is no joke when it comes to that sort of stuff. I remember when they stopped selling coke because they weren't getting the deal they wanted. You play ball with them or your product is not going to be carried in their store.

Yeah I was thinking of that too haha. Most of them have too much mud caked in their grooves to know the difference lol

I know this guy so very well.

"Aw dang my ball just rolled off the back!!!"

If you would have cleaned the grooves you'd be like 4 foot for birdie big guy lmao

In my experience, from garbage bags to chocolate covered raisins, anything with the Kirkland label is a good product.

I saw a special about Costco once, it showed the vetting process for a product to be labeled with the Kirkland brand. It was very rigorous process. Costco has certain standards they follow and the manufacturers either comply, or don't get the label/shelf space.

Regardless of font, I expect the Kirkland golf balls to be pretty good!

(for the record, Kirkland manufactures nothing, it's a private label)

Biggest selling product in the store??...try to guess before clicking......

Kirkland Toilet Paper!

I'm totally with this. I trust anything with the Kirland label. I've never been let down.

I'm totally with this. I trust anything with the Kirkland label. I've never been let down.

This. Kirkland doesn't mess around with their brand. Urethane balls at 24 for $30 should sell very well for them.

Titleist 917D2 10.5* GD DI-6s
Titleist 917F 18* GD DI-7s
Adams 22* Hybrid
TM p790 5 - PW
Titleist SM4 50, 54, 58
Scotty Newport 2

Ball: 7 yards ahead of Cruisin's