Nike VR Putter

titleist=champ ·  
titleist=champtitleist=champ Members  117WRX Points: 0Posts: 117
I'm curious if Nike is going to release a new putter to go along with the VR line. I wish they could make a good looking putter. A newport 2 style head with regular colors.....not any crazy green. Any news on the proto putter Paul Casey was using? Thanks
Posted:

Comments

• nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    Well I know they have the OZ series for 2009...and they're greener than ever.

Just google it for pics.

Not sure about the other lines.

Peace.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MizgoodieMizgoodie golf happy! golf good! Members  1900WRX Points: 56Handicap: 10.8Posts: 1,900 Platinum Tees
    IMO the best way to make putters would be to get bobby grace to start working for them...
    Posted:
  • KMoney34KMoney34 SBCCMembers  669WRX Points: 93Posts: 669 Golden Tee
    That sounds like a great idea.
    Posted:
    Titleist 917D2 9.5 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ s-70
    Titleist 917F2 15 Mitsubishi Diamana D+ s-80
    Titleist 716 T-MB 2 DG X100
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-W DG X100
    Titleist Vokey TVD-K 54, 58 DG X100
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
  • BEND OF THE RIVER GCBEND OF THE RIVER GC Charter Members  6562WRX Points: 66Posts: 6,562 Titanium Tees
    Nike is NOT synonymous with "good putter".
    Posted:
    TM M1 Kurokage shaft
    TM RBZ 3 wood stock Ozik shaft
    TM R11 4 wood Fujikura Rombax 6X07
    TM RBZ with Oban Revenge shaft
    Ping G irons 4-UW
    Nike VR 56*
    Nike VR 60*
    Black Lab oil can 350g custom grind by Geo
    Ping 4 Under carry bag
  • Dill PicklesonDill Pickleson Go Celts Members  3823WRX Points: 145Posts: 3,823 Titanium Tees
    Mizgoodie wrote on Jan 17 2009, 08:59 AM:
    IMO the best way to make putters would be to get bobby grace to start working for them...

thats a good idea, titleist has scotty, mizuno has bettinardi, callaway has odyssey, nike has nike???

and with macgregor going under, where does that leave bobby grace

looking for work id assume?

not sure it would ever happen, but a good idea none the less
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 9* Hzrdus Yellow 75x
    Titleist 906F2 15* Proforce V2 85x
    TaylorMade M3 17* Tensei Blue 80x
    Ping iblade 3-PW x100
    Vokey SM7 52* & 58* s200
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Juno
    Vessel Cart Bag
  • kush614kush614 Members  980WRX Points: 96Posts: 980 Golden Tee
    Wsc04forever wrote on Jan 17 2009, 10:16 AM:
    Mizgoodie wrote on Jan 17 2009, 08:59 AM:

thats a good idea, titleist has scotty, mizuno has bettinardi, callaway has odyssey, nike has nike???

and with macgregor going under, where does that leave bobby grace

looking for work id assume?

not sure it would ever happen, but a good idea none the less

The above points are valid, but i would say that Ping has done quite well in the putter business without a big name designer.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • jsherman02jsherman02 Members  245WRX Points: 55Posts: 245 Bunkers
    I know for a fact that Nike is not interested in making a higher end putter at this point.
    Posted:
  • Scottyboy1220Scottyboy1220 Jr. Boomers  215WRX Points: 0Posts: 215
    Dispite everyone else's opinion I do believe Nike will be releasing a new putter. Unknown at this time is whether or not it will be released under the Victory Red name or another new line of putters. I caught the end of the Abu Dahbi Tourney this morning and caught many glimpses of the putter he was using. It had the red swoosh in the back cavity and also a insert in the front. So no longer does the Nike putter line stick with the weird face technology LOL. It looked like a new putter but it also could have just been a buttonback with the cavity filled in with the nike swoosh instead of the weights and such. Even though it appeared there as if there were no markings on the bottom of his putter
    Posted:
  • 59Bassman59Bassman Members  241WRX Points: 0Posts: 241
    Scottyboy1220 wrote on Jan 17 2009, 04:41 PM:
    Dispite everyone else's opinion I do believe Nike will be releasing a new putter. Unknown at this time is whether or not it will be released under the Victory Red name or another new line of putters. I caught the end of the Abu Dahbi Tourney this morning and caught many glimpses of the putter he was using. It had the red swoosh in the back cavity and also a insert in the front. So no longer does the Nike putter line stick with the weird face technology LOL. It looked like a new putter but it also could have just been a buttonback with the cavity filled in with the nike swoosh instead of the weights and such. Even though it appeared there as if there were no markings on the bottom of his putter

Umm, who is "he"? Did I miss something?
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    I could design putters for Nike that would sell in the high end putter market. I'm serious. All I would do is copy the Cameron Studio Stainless line with Nike markings. It would be a clean conservative look in stainless and it would sell much better than the Unitized line. Don't laugh -- because I think it would work.
    Posted:
  • dlygrissedlygrisse KansasMembers  13837WRX Points: 1,379Handicap: 8-ishPosts: 13,837 Titanium Tees
    502 to Right wrote on Jan 17 2009, 06:10 PM:
    I could design putters for Nike that would sell in the high end putter market. I'm serious. All I would do is copy the Cameron Studio Stainless line with Nike markings. It would be a clean conservative look in stainless and it would sell much better than the Unitized line. Don't laugh -- because I think it would work.

Don't forget the cherry dot on the back, then you are golden
    Posted:
    I pick 14 of the following:
    Ping G400
    Callaway Epic Flash 3w 
    Ping G410 5 and 7 wood
    Callaway Apex 23*
    Ping G 4-U
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54, 58 SS or Vokey M Grind 58
    Grips NDMC +4
    Odyssey Pro #1 black
    Jones Utility
    ProV1x-mostly
    ECCO Biom Hybrid 3

Advertisement
  • Scottyboy1220Scottyboy1220 Jr. Boomers  215WRX Points: 0Posts: 215
    He would be Paul Casey. Mentioned in the first post? And I agree with the idea. You all laugh but think about it. Taylormade started with the AGSI insert. It worked for most people for a while but it eventually got worn out and boring. So here they come with the Kia Ma TP. All milled face and all black as well. Might be one of the first Taylormade putters I would be willing to pay a steep price for. I think Nike needs to follow suit. And get as far far far away from the green crap they have been putting out as of late. To be honest I think one of the best putters Nike every released was the Blue Chip. And that was years ago. But thats just my 2 cents I guess
    Posted:
  • djl0657djl0657 Members  353WRX Points: 0Posts: 353
    I concur on the BLUE CHIP OZ, I had one for years until I traded it last week. I have moved away from a face balanced putter and as a result traded my BLUE CHIP mallet. It served me and my old stroke well, now toe heavy suits me better and I am happy with two putters that I own.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.