Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

It will be distributed for test market only right now. Which really means a lot of warm weather areas. Company did ship a sleeve to the store that my boss gave me to try. I haven't yet but here are some pics.

I deleted the one pic of the ball I had up cause I had the letter from corporate, and a lot of people's emails on it. The nutshell of the letter really said exactly what Kirkland Signature is about. It was manufactured to compete with the best balls on the market for an affordable price. Obviously $30 for 2dz would do that. We'all see how it turns out but I'd guess the northern store would be looking at next year for receiving.

I live in DFW Texas & called Costco Arlington to see if they will have the balls this weekend. The lady couldn't find them on their computer, but will be checking the Southlake and Arlington stores again soon! Going to test these against my gamer MG-C4 ball! Silly how I look at this thread like 10 times a day.....typical Golfwrxer!!

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

Asked Costco relative more about how ordering works for Costco stores. Learned that regional offices are in charge of testing and signing contracts for food selections (which is why I can't get the spicy artichoke dip here in Virginia, they only carry the parmesan style).

The corporate office is in charge of selecting all other goods but the regional offices handle ordering. For example, if the Texas region (yes Texas is its own region, but don't get cocky, California has two) doesn't want to carry Puma polo shirts, they could decide not to order them for their stores, but they couldn't make a separate deal to order Adidas shirts instead.

Putting this together with what Drew said, it makes sense to test it out in markets that aren't about to shut down for the winter.

Asked Costco relative more about how ordering works for Costco stores. Learned that regional offices are in charge of testing and signing contracta for food selections (which is why I can't get the spicy artichoke dip here in Virginia, they only carry the parmesam style).

The corporate office is in charge of selecting all other goods but the regional offices handle ordering. For example, if the Texas region (yes Texas is its own region, but don't get cocky, California alone has two) doesn't want to carry Puma polo shirts, they could decide not to order them for their stores, but they couldn't make a separate deal to order Adidas shirts instead.

Putting this together with what Drew said, it makes sense to test it out in markets that aren't about to shut down for the winter.

Pretty accurate. The actual way "Test stores" get chosen is off of sales by the category and (usually) approval by the store manager. I happen to live is a pretty popular area for golf and our store does quite well with the Callaway balls and Taylormade gloves, so we got picked. Everyone will have them soon enough. They just need to see sales holding their own against the competeing ball (Callaway in our region) to make the company buy enough to supply all the stores.

I don't shop at Costco (although my mom has a card and I do go on occasion) and I doubt we'll get the golf balls even though we have great year round golf. Anybody interested in shipping a dozen out please PM me. I love trying out golf balls. Especially at this price point and am willing to pay for the balls and the shipping.

I'll be calling them today. I think there are 2 stores on Plano. I'll keep you guys posted.

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

I'm VERY impressed with this golf ball. I took it out this morning and played the same ball all 18 holes. The pictures show very little cover wear. This was after hitting 2 trees quite solidly and 1 cart path. It was 48* at tee off in the north west, no distance loss was noticed in the cold temps. The feel is good off all clubs, full shots as well as chips and pitches. It does feel a little soft off the driver face for my preference. I practiced putting with this ball, and my pro v1x there is not a huge feel difference. I feel a difference between the pro v1x and a b330 the b330 is harder IMO. On full shots the ball doesn't spin, nearly as much as the pro v1x or the b330 for me which I like. On harder greens this could be a problem, on soft Seattle greens it's great. Short game spin leaves a little to be desired, as I like to fly the ball to the hole and have it check up. The ball was consistent, so I could adapt to landing it a little shorter of the hole and have some release. I was told the company which makes this ball, also makes the TaylorMade ball. Overall this is a great ball, I'd gladly pay for it, and so would my playing partners which used it along with me. I'd put this up with higher end golf balls, and it would stand up quite well.

No building actually has it on order right now/ or on hand (I did check this morning). When I look up region wise it lists only a few warehouses where the item is in their system. If it's in the building system it is a good chance they will receive a pallet at some point. Saw nothing for the MW or NW and I don't remember looking up NE. Bay Area, LA, and SD region(which includes AZ, Co, Hawaii), TX, and SE all had building listed. Tx only had W. Plano the other regions only had limited buildings. chances are most warehouse employees will have no idea about the ball or when it will arrive since nothing is on order as of yet. It just happened my Manager knows my love of the game.

No building actually has it on order right now/ or on hand (I did check this morning). When I look up region wise it lists only a few warehouses where the item is in their system. If it's in the building system it is a good chance they will receive a pallet at some point. Saw nothing for the MW or NW and I don't remember looking up NE. Bay Area, LA, and SD region(which includes AZ, Co, Hawaii), TX, and SE all had building listed. Tx only had W. Plano the other regions only had limited buildings. chances are most warehouse employees will have no idea about the ball or when it will arrive since nothing is on order as of yet. It just happened my Manager knows my love of the game.

What about bay area California?

Just talked to a front end supervisor in Santa Rosa. He looked up golf balls in the system and the K/S was not listed. That does not mean they won't get it, it's just not in the system as of yet. He knew golf and asked where I heard about this ball, told him about this thread. Mentioned the urethane cover and 4 layers and he knew what I was talking about. He asked me the rumor price, I said I thought $29.99 for 2 dozen same as the Callaway balls and he thought the same thing we have, might be a legit high end ball for a Costco price. If it can do 80% of a ProV1 for that price I'd be happy.

No word of them in Memphis yet. Would like to think they send them here. Quite a few golfers in the area and one of the stores isn't far from Mississippi. So get more from there to get them here

None for either Memphis location right now.

Hanford is it