Warrick's WITB - Titleist takeover?

New ones came in yesterday, look sweet with the c-taper, finish is almost a match. I was kicking around ordering a 900 Tour PW with the 130X to try em again, but starting to think I may just order a 46/6 T7 (yes, the PP funds are burning a hole).

IMG_0713_zpsddfrcgm8.jpg

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

We had Chief Engineer Chris Voshall speak to us on the whole 900 line at company meetings this weekend and the tech in the new 900 line is impressive and logical. They really stepped up the process for this line.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure...sorry for the dirty faces!B)

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Have you played tapers in wedges before? I'm curious to try it.

Would be interested to read your review of the wedges if you provide one. Thinking i might get a set of these for next season. Right now I jump back and forth between SM6 kbs 610) Ping Glides (Kbs 610) and my old trusty mix of SM5 gw, Mizzy R12 sw and Sm5 k grind 60. The mix wedges all have PX 6.0.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Have you played tapers in wedges before? I'm curious to try it.

Would be interested to read your review of the wedges if you provide one. Thinking i might get a set of these for next season. Right now I jump back and forth between SM6 kbs 610) Ping Glides (Kbs 610) and my old trusty mix of SM5 gw, Mizzy R12 sw and Sm5 k grind 60. The mix wedges all have PX 6.0.

I have not, but it was time to try, have tried several other wedge shafts, nothing seemed special. I like my MD3's with DG W shafts, but have been chomping to try Mizzy wedges, soon as i saw the T7's, was happening. I was pissed i did not try the Tour's with 130X, so don't want the same remorse on the wedges..

Having fun trying some new stuff out, will play Friday or Saturday, will report back.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Those pics of the Mizunos and iBlade make the Jpx 900 Pro look delicious!

How do they compare on forgiveness and launch?

Well that's more complicated than it looks.  It all started because I haven't been completely satisfied with my equipment.  Nothing new right?  So in WRX fashion as always I considered many options.  I went down the modus road for a while in various sets which ultimately led me to the 120TX modus in the iblade.  I blade looks way better and feels better over s55, i can say that coming from s55.  So iblade with 120TX is in the bag right now, I like it a lot.

All good until i saw the jpx 900 tour come out and started seeing Warrick lovin on it.    I was disappointed when his 900 tours didn't work out.  But that got me thinking and I decided to test it out as best I could.  So I went and got the 900 tour, forged and later mp5.  I had the modus 105x in the 900 tour initially and the 105s in the 900 forged.  And I hit them against my iblade on the course over and over and over with prov1s.  Forged was longest at times but had larger dispersion laterally and front to back, so those were out.  In those combos, tour and iblade were close, with 900 tour-105x  being slightly longer, both good dispersion, but iblade edging there, both pretty even over all....

So after Warrick ditched the tours, and was lovin the mp5 and c taper.  I went and got the 900 tour with c taper 130x and put the 105x modus in the mp5.  So after hitting the 105x in the 900 tour against my iblade I could compare the head of the mp5 and 900 tour that way.....so again went and hit on course, many many balls, prov1.  What I found was the c taper and 900 tour was more consistent, had  longer average distance over my iblade.  The mp5 with the 105x was on average behind my iblade, worse dispersion.  Having now hit the mp5 and 900 tour with the same shaft against my gamers, I would give it to the 900 tour.

So out of all that messing around I can conclude for me, that the 900 tour is a great head for me and that the c taper 130x gives me great results.  My only option now is to shaft up an iblade in c taper and order a set of 900 tours with c taper and compare the two.  They both look and feel great.  Looks at address going to iblade, feel going to 900 tour.  900 tour has a look of more offset the way the neck transitions to the face, not sure on actual offset, but visually looks to have slightly more offset.  I was getting on average about 7-9 yards more with the c taper 900 tour combo. Now on occasion did I hit them the same distance?,  Yes, but more often than not,  probably 80% of the time I saw better results with c taper.  I am going to stick some sensicores in the c taper when I get them in hopes they won't give me any joint issues....

As far as forgiveness and launch for the 900 tour and iblade.  I blade wants to get up faster, probably has higher moi, and more spin.  Not that any of that is bad.  900 tour wanted to go forward quicker than iblade, and launched slightly lower, slightly less spin.  That's me with no monitor, and with different shafts in each.

BTW, I can second that for me, px lz was kind of dead or blah.  Just didn't get out there for me, I tried the 6.0 hardstepped and 6.0.  Just didn't do it for me.  I think  modus does a better job with that kind of shaft....

Also, thanks to Warrick and j13 who have been talking to me about alot of this stuff...

Sorry for the thread jack, but Warrick wanted me to post.  Thanks!

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Well that's more complicated than it looks. It all started because I haven't been completely satisfied with my equipment. Nothing new right? So in WRX fashion as always I considered many options. I went down the modus road for a while in various sets which ultimately led me to the 120TX modus in the iblade. I blade looks way better and feels better over s55, i can say that coming from s55. So iblade with 120TX is in the bag right now, I like it a lot.

All good until i saw the jpx 900 tour come out and started seeing Warrick lovin on it. I was disappointed when his 900 tours didn't work out. But that got me thinking and I decided to test it out as best I could. So I went and got the 900 tour, forged and later mp5. I had the modus 105x in the 900 tour initially and the 105s in the 900 forged. And I hit them against my iblade on the course over and over and over with prov1s. Forged was longest at times but had larger dispersion laterally and front to back, so those were out. In those combos, tour and iblade were close, with 900 tour-105x being slightly longer, both good dispersion, but iblade edging there, both pretty even over all....

So after Warrick ditched the tours, and was lovin the mp5 and c taper. I went and got the 900 tour with c taper 130x and put the 105x modus in the mp5. So after hitting the 105x in the 900 tour against my iblade I could compare the head of the mp5 and 900 tour that way.....so again went and hit on course, many many balls, prov1. What I found was the c taper and 900 tour was more consistent, had longer average distance over my iblade. The mp5 with the 105x was on average behind my iblade, worse dispersion. Having now hit the mp5 and 900 tour with the same shaft against my gamers, I would give it to the 900 tour.

So out of all that messing around I can conclude for me, that the 900 tour is a great head for me and that the c taper 130x gives me great results. My only option now is to shaft up an iblade in c taper and order a set of 900 tours with c taper and compare the two. They both look and feel great. Looks at address going to iblade, feel going to 900 tour. 900 tour has a look of more offset the way the neck transitions to the face, not sure on actual offset, but visually looks to have slightly more offset. I was getting on average about 7-9 yards more with the c taper 900 tour combo. Now on occasion did I hit them the same distance?, Yes, but more often than not, probably 80% of the time I saw better results with c taper. I am going to stick some sensicores in the c taper when I get them in hopes they won't give me any joint issues....

As far as forgiveness and launch for the 900 tour and iblade. I blade wants to get up faster, probably has higher moi, and more spin. Not that any of that is bad. 900 tour wanted to go forward quicker than iblade, and launched slightly lower, slightly less spin. That's me with no monitor, and with different shafts in each.

BTW, I can second that for me, px lz was kind of dead or blah. Just didn't get out there for me, I tried the 6.0 hardstepped and 6.0. Just didn't do it for me. I think modus does a better job with that kind of shaft....

Also, thanks to Warrick and j13 who have been talking to me about alot of this stuff...

Sorry for the thread jack, but Warrick wanted me to post. Thanks!

Awesome info, thanks for sharing...

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Deuce78, Warrick, really great information!

I'm playing Mizuno MP-5 with Nippon NS Pro 1150 in stiff and thinking to try 900 Tour with other shaft.

What 6-iron SS do you have?

Do you have Mizuno numbers for me?

I'm around 85-4-4-5-5, Hcp dropped from 4.5 to 2.5 due iron play and am tinkering between Nippon 105 Stiff and X-Stiff.

What do you think or can you make proposal?

I'm playing Mizuno MP-5 with Nippon NS Pro 1150 in stiff and thinking to try 900 Tour with other shaft.

I'm around 85-4-4-5-5, Hcp dropped from 4.5 to 2.5 due iron play and am tinkering between Nippon 105 Stiff and X-Stiff.

Are you looking for something different from 1150? In flight, spin, stiffness, etc?

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Anything from me is just going to be based on what I like.

I would go c-taper 120s in the Tours based on what you have now.

As for stiffness, for me, as stiff as possible in irons, so for the Modus, would say X.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Well that's more complicated than it looks. It all started because I haven't been completely satisfied with my equipment. Nothing new right? So in WRX fashion as always I considered many options. I went down the modus road for a while in various sets which ultimately led me to the 120TX modus in the iblade. I blade looks way better and feels better over s55, i can say that coming from s55. So iblade with 120TX is in the bag right now, I like it a lot.

All good until i saw the jpx 900 tour come out and started seeing Warrick lovin on it. I was disappointed when his 900 tours didn't work out. But that got me thinking and I decided to test it out as best I could. So I went and got the 900 tour, forged and later mp5. I had the modus 105x in the 900 tour initially and the 105s in the 900 forged. And I hit them against my iblade on the course over and over and over with prov1s. Forged was longest at times but had larger dispersion laterally and front to back, so those were out. In those combos, tour and iblade were close, with 900 tour-105x being slightly longer, both good dispersion, but iblade edging there, both pretty even over all....

So after Warrick ditched the tours, and was lovin the mp5 and c taper. I went and got the 900 tour with c taper 130x and put the 105x modus in the mp5. So after hitting the 105x in the 900 tour against my iblade I could compare the head of the mp5 and 900 tour that way.....so again went and hit on course, many many balls, prov1. What I found was the c taper and 900 tour was more consistent, had longer average distance over my iblade. The mp5 with the 105x was on average behind my iblade, worse dispersion. Having now hit the mp5 and 900 tour with the same shaft against my gamers, I would give it to the 900 tour.

So out of all that messing around I can conclude for me, that the 900 tour is a great head for me and that the c taper 130x gives me great results. My only option now is to shaft up an iblade in c taper and order a set of 900 tours with c taper and compare the two. They both look and feel great. Looks at address going to iblade, feel going to 900 tour. 900 tour has a look of more offset the way the neck transitions to the face, not sure on actual offset, but visually looks to have slightly more offset. I was getting on average about 7-9 yards more with the c taper 900 tour combo. Now on occasion did I hit them the same distance?, Yes, but more often than not, probably 80% of the time I saw better results with c taper. I am going to stick some sensicores in the c taper when I get them in hopes they won't give me any joint issues....

As far as forgiveness and launch for the 900 tour and iblade. I blade wants to get up faster, probably has higher moi, and more spin. Not that any of that is bad. 900 tour wanted to go forward quicker than iblade, and launched slightly lower, slightly less spin. That's me with no monitor, and with different shafts in each.

BTW, I can second that for me, px lz was kind of dead or blah. Just didn't get out there for me, I tried the 6.0 hardstepped and 6.0. Just didn't do it for me. I think modus does a better job with that kind of shaft....

Sorry for the thread jack, but Warrick wanted me to post. Thanks!

Damn! Thanks Deuce. That's a pretty comprehensive review. Yes, true to WRX fashion!

I'm between staying with a more blade-like iron and swallowing my pride and moving towards something with a bit more forgiveness. Being a lower spin guy, the only gripe I have with some "distance" irons is that they just don't hold greens for me in summer when things firm up.

Coming from iE1's with SF i110's and a set of iBlades with LZ 6.0's & AMT S400's that I didn't like, I've got a few sets on the radar right now; the Srixon 565/765 combo, Mizuno 900 Forged/Pro combo, or Callaway Apex 16 CF16/Pro Combo. I like more forgiving longer irons and more player-like short irons, so the way many manufacturers are making sets that are more easily mixed makes it easier to have a combo set. I just need to go and get fit for the correct shaft, but I am thinking of the C Taper Lites in stiff flex.

Are you looking for something different from 1150? In flight, spin, stiffness, etc?

I swinging really on the smooth side and die to arthritis hips problems I'd like to test shaft which are a little lighter and where I need to work a little less. I tried already graphite (orochi tour spec 90g Stiff), was ok but Steel gives me better dispersion. That's why I tend to 105S then I can drop -10g, but I'm not sure due to my SS.

I swinging really on the smooth side and die to arthritis hips problems I'd like to test shaft which are a little lighter and where I need to work a little less. I tried already graphite (orochi tour spec 90g Stiff), was ok but Steel gives me better dispersion. That's why I tend to 105S then I can drop -10g, but I'm not sure due to my SS.

I'd say the 105 modus x soft stepped, or stiff hardstepped. Also you can put inserts in them to help with joint issues. You could also look at steelfiber i95 stiff maybe softstepped as well.

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

Really, really happy with every club in the bag right now. Good day with the new wedges, hitting the DBD really well, consistent small fade, love the Oban Hashimoto.

No more testing of anything needed, bag is set and ready to go for the fall and next spring.

I just need to see how the #7 redo from Continental looks, if it goes in the bag, still a #7 Tank either way. I like both insert.

75 today, 5 bogeys and a birdie.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

What did u get for lofts and bounce? And you did ss 130 c tapes right? Mizuno just bends and rebadges to get the custom in between lofts...

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

What did u get for lofts and bounce? And you did ss 130 c tapes right? Mizuno just bends and rebadges to get the custom in between lofts...

50/7 - 54/12 - 58/12

130X SSx1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 3 weeks later...

Wedges and irons FIRMLY planted in the bag, along with 3W and hybrids.

I can't stop from driver testing, just seems easiest swapping heads and such. I took out the M2 and 816 DBD Saturday, the M2 had a little too much shaft for me , but played a 70g X in my 815 DBD fine for a while, for me the 816 DBD was the easy winner with better ball flight, distance and dispersion. I know it is not apples to apples with a different shaft, but did not even seem close to me. I had already ordered a better shaft for me for the M2, but that head is just "big", so dumped the M2 already, going to try and pick up an M1 430 head to go with the KK Tini coming today, just to try something else. I seem to do better with more compact looking "deeper faced" heads.

The M1 430 was the best #'s for me at a driver fitting with mid launch 66g S shaft, so may as well give it a go if i can find one reasonable.

#7 Works Tank came back with dark matte gray head, sight lines added, black shaft, new SS Pistol GT in black/blue - absolutely love it.

IMG_0743_zpsw3xpm0p4.jpg

IMG_0744_zps3vxjhf5i.jpg

IMG_0733_zpsnbzq2j27.jpg

IMG_0732_zpso4wvk91w.jpg

IMG_0730_zpsoitxoxcr.jpg

IMG_0729_zpshmwrghhv.jpg

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Oh heck, one more driver test (nothing else left I am even interested in after this). Another nice weekend of weather ahead.

This was the combo that won in my driver fitting (surprisingly). M1 430 9.5 with KK Tini Silver 60S, have the shaft, head on the way.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Got my MP5s back with the C-Tapers.....like home.

Think I really like these MP5s. Quite forgiving.....maybe a touch more so than my MP64s.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Got my MP5s back with the C-Tapers.....like home.

Think I really like these MP5s. Quite forgiving.....maybe a touch more so than my MP64s.

agreed.

They did something with that "channel" that allows you to no get thoroughly punished when missing a groove high or low.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I am not ever testing a TM driver again, or anything other than a ball for that matter, always disappointed, and now this one will cost me for some unknown reason.

Get the 430 M1 head this morning, hit the driver 3 times today (on the face), pull it out to try it again on 18, and there is a dent in the toe on the crown (WTF!!!) It is sitting in my Silencer bag with the stock head cover on.

Did it dent from hitting it? It surely did not hit anything, that I know for a fact.

Felt like the M2 anyway, like crap.

I am sticking with Callaway....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I have a dozen Truvis on the way to test out. I have never played anything but ProV1X and TPX (last 5-6 years).

I have become more and more comfortable with Callaway and Mizuno, and prefer to keep my equipment choices between the 2 presently. I hope I like these.

One of the guys in my group has been playing them lately, seem to perform well for him.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I have a dozen Truvis on the way to test out. I have never played anything but ProV1X and TPX (last 5-6 years).

I have become more and more comfortable with Callaway and Mizuno, and prefer to keep my equipment choices between the 2 presently. I hope I like these.

One of the guys in my group has been playing them lately, seem to perform well for him.

Try the K-Sig!!

Try the K-Sig!!

Thanks, totally overlooked that entire thread.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I am not ever testing a TM driver again, or anything other than a ball for that matter, always disappointed, and now this one will cost me for some unknown reason.

Get the 430 M1 head this morning, hit the driver 3 times today (on the face), pull it out to try it again on 18, and there is a dent in the toe on the crown (WTF!!!) It is sitting in my Silencer bag with the stock head cover on.

Did it dent from hitting it? It surely did not hit anything, that I know for a fact.

lol mmm hmmm...

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

lol mmm hmmm...

I was just dreaming of my SZ, almost makes me want to cry that I traded it away....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

lol mmm hmmm...

I was just dreaming of my SZ, almost makes me want to cry that I traded it away....

sigh...I'm sorry man. the one that got away.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

No misconception that anyone cares about my updates, but I get so damn bored working early lately, just monitoring this thing back to health.

I am over the M1 430, got it on the BST, doubt it sells, may try and send it in for warranty. No worries, just loving the 816 DBD and Oban, so much that I grabbed a 9* head to try out. This driver does everything I need and is as long as anything I have hit, love the looks and the feel.

I did buy a set of Z945's yesterday morning, but they were only $360 new, so just something fun to bash in the net this winter. If they get here by Thirsday, may be able to get a round in ( high Thursday - 72, High Saturday - 46, damn!!)

I did play the Truvis yesterday and think I like it, between it and the new Kirkland ball, should be able to swear of TM 100% once I go through the stock of TPX I have. It was an odd round at a different course, had trouble getting used to green speeds, was 8 over through 11, then played the last 7 holes 3 under for 76.

T7's are my purchase of the year along with the SS Pistol GT2.0. I am way less excited about the new SZ hearing it has graphics on the crown (hate that to no end). I can definitely see myself with this same bag for next season. I am excited to play today, season is about over....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• Warrick changed the title to Warrick's WITB - Titleist takeover?