2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

APPLY: Christmas Comes Early! Visit Callaway Golf in Carlsbad with GolfWRX! Enter here!

HipCheck

• ​Current USGA handicap - 10.5
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - Hold a single digit handicap. If I succeed in that then my next goal will be to break par. Always looking ahead!
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I've never been professionally fit for any club. Nonetheless my cap has gone from 18 to 10 in the last two years and I'm excited to see where I could be with equipment that fits my swing. Also, being local to the area I'd love to see this facility I've only heard about.

Thank you!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

​Current USGA handicap

State the goals for your golf game in 2017

I'm looking to get my handicap back to down to 1 or 2 which will require more consistent ball striking and better short game

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

One of my favorite clubs when I first stared playing was the Big Bertha War Bird 3 wood. It was a game changer for me and I felt that Callaway really pushed the industry forward back then. After eventually replacing that 3 wood, I haven't in the last 25+ years owned any Callaway clubs with the exception of 2 Odyssey putters because nothing really stood out to me. However last year, I tried the Chrome Soft ball and was really impressed by it. For me, I felt like Callaway was able to really push the envelope again in golf technology so I'd love a chance to go in with an open mind to see what Callaway clubs can do for me. There is no better way to maximize the potential of what Callaway clubs can do for me than to actually get fitted at Callaway HQ. It would be an amazing experience just to see and interact with the R&D team. Thanks to GolfWRX and Callaway for this opportunity.

Ping G30 LST 9* Rouge Silver 70
Cobra LTD Fairway Kuro Kage Silver TiNi
Ping Anser 17* TFC 800H
Ping S55 3-PW Modus3 125
Ping Glide 54 SS, 60 ES
Odyssey Works Versa #1 Wide

Handicap: 1.8 handicap

Goals: qualify for a state tournament. the state of california is stacked with great players, just want to qualify for a state tournament and play with some of the best in the state.

Why: I've never been fit and would love the opportunity to be fit with some of the best clubs in the industry. The new callaway equipment looks good and one of my playing partners swears by the driver. i'd like to see what all the fuss is about.

thanks for the opportunity.

Current USGA Handicap: 12.8

State the goals for your golf game in 2017: To be a single digit handicap. To be a more consistent and confident player.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

The only club I've ever been fitted for is my putter. I believe that a full and complete fitting will be the key to accomplishing my goals for 2017. My driver is the only Callaway club I have. I rarely miss a fairway with it and know I could be a better overall player if all my clubs performed as well as the driver does.

​Current USGA handicap

My goal is to play more constant. I want to hit more fairways and get more self confidence out of the teebox.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for everybody who loves the game, equipment and the spirit behind this community. I grew up with a set of callaway hawk eye irons and played several cally drivers (ERC, C4 :superman: ). In the last years high end japanese golf stuff catched my eye so i only had only callaway golf balls in my hand. Time for a change!

• Current USGA handicap - 5
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - play more regularly and have fun. Expect good shots but not perfection...
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I love Golf but sometimes I wonder if I love the equipment part more... Tinkering with my equipment is one of my favorite activities, just seeing how a little change can have a big impact. I have done fittings, taught lessons, built clubs, you name it. One thing I haven't done is go to Callaway and have someone else lock me in.... Dang, that sounds fun.

Ping G30 10.5 Oban Devotion 7
Adams 4060 14 Fuji Pro95
Adams Tour Proto 19 Fuji 904HB
Bridgestone J33 Combo 3-9 Proj X
SeeMore FGP
Vokey 48, 54, 58 KBS Tour

• Current USGA handicap: 7.5
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: My goals for the 2017 are: 1) continue progressing with my iron/wedge play, 2) bring my scoring consistently below 75, 3) Decide which equipment to switch to now that Nike is out of the picture.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: This would be a trip of a lifetime in my opinion. I would love to visit the Callaway Golf Headquarters and test out/be fitted for the latest and greatest equipment. I have been a loyal user of Nike clubs for a while now, and now that they are out of the game I am on the hunt for a new manufacturer to move to - an equipment Free Agent if you will. I have always held Callaway in high regard, and it would be a great opportunity to be able to be custom fitted for Callaway clubs that best suit my swing/game. The possibility of speaking to Callaway R&D/executives/reps and viewing/testing prototype equipment really stands out to me as beneficial and an excellent opportunity. Playing golf with other WRXers and Callaway reps would be a great experience as well. I am active on GolfWRX and on social media, so I would love to be able to document this journey as it happens and upon returning home. Thank you to Callaway and GolfWRX for making this a possibility.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

• Current USGA handicap: 9.8
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: To consistently break 80 with improved driving distance and putting.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf: I actual live in Carlsbad and have never had the opportunity to be in the Callaway facility. Honestly, I have always loved the forged Callaway irons and wedges but never had a true fitting and would love the opportunity to see how big of a difference this can make.

Thanks GolfWRX & Callaway.

Taylormade SIM2 Max 10.5* Driver - Aldila Rogue 70s
Taylormade M6 16.5* HL Fairway - Aldila Rogue 80s

Cobra King TEC Utility 3U 19* - Aldila Rogue 80s
Cobra King Tours 4-PW - DG AMT White S300
Titleist SM9 50* & 56* wedges - DG S400
Taylormade Spider GTX Putter

• Current USGA handicap or 18 hole score: Low 90's

• State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Gain distance, hit more fairways, get into the mid-80's consistently and enjoy the game again.

• State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf- Never been fitted before, currently playing with 21-year old Cobra irons and a 12-year old Callaway Big Bertha 9* driver, that I can't hit at all. Club & fitting technology have advanced greatly since I last purchased clubs and being fit by the manufacturer with their latest technology would greatly assist me in achieving my 2017 golf goals, and would make me a lot less self conscious when I get paired up with all those PXG guys. As a hobbyist photographer I would love to document the experience and share all over social media. Thanks for to Callaway and Golf WRX for this fantastic contest!

• ​Current USGA handicap - 12
    • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - 1. Increase fairways hit Currently around 42% aiming for 50%+ 2. Give myself more birdie opps by hitting my irons closer to the pin. 3. Decrease putting when GIR to below 2.0.
    • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - This seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity. I normally tinker with clubs and shafts myself. I got "fit" for irons last year but solely off of look and feel. No actual data and not a full offering of shafts and clubheads. Would like to feel like a Tour Pro for a day!
    • Thanks for the opportunity.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Titleist TSR3 8* - Ventus Black TR 6X

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* - Tour AD VR 7X

Callaway UW 19* - Ventus Red 7X

Callaway X Forged UT 20* - LA Golf A 85X

Callaway Apex '21 5-PW - TT ETS 115 X

Titleist SM9 50* & 54* - DG S200

TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - KBS Hi Rev 115 S

EVNROLL ER5B - Stability Tour Black

In a post below, include:

• ​Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf

USGA handicap is a 2.

Just became a member of PGA at Ko Olina Golf Club in Kapolei, Hawaii. My goals for 2017 is to be a on staff with Callaway Golf!

I would like to attend the event to learn about the new equipments and get fitted. I have never been fitted properly....

• Current USGA handicap
  • -Break 70 and play in a USGA qualifier and as always play more
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf
  • -Ill be honest, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, simple as that. Having the chance to be fit by the same people that fit the guys on tour is incredible, who would know more than them about what you should be swinging. This is going to be an experience that 8 lucky people are going remember for the rest of their lives.

Thanks for this awesome opportunity.

Current USGA handicap (or average 18 holes score)

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:

Goal for 2017 is to drop handicap by 5. I also would like to increase my confidence in my shots.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf:

It has been 8 years since I was last fitted for clubs. Current set is TM burners that I think are ok for me now but not optimal. It would be an opportunity to immerse into updated technology. It is time for an update since rediscovering the game this year. I had played casual for the past 6 years due to military job, maybe 2-5 rounds a year. This past year I was able to play 3 times per week with my new assignment/job. This was a year of firsts for me, first established handicap, first club tourney(s) played/placed, and this would be the capstone as I have never been involved to see behind the curtain... it is an interest of mine especially with my transition from active duty on the horizon.

What a great opportunity this would be.

• Current USGA handicap: 13.1
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017: Goal for 2017 is to start playing again on a more consistent basis. About two years ago I was playing 18 holes two to three times a month, getting to the range at least once a week, and was finally starting to break 80. Two active kids and a large project at work have cut into my golf time which now amounts to 9 holes once a month and maybe 18 if I am lucky. An additional goal for 2017 would be to introduce my son to this game called golf that I love so much. A TOPGOLF facility just opened about a mile from my house and my 4 year old son has started to show some interest in playing.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway: Definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity for a golf fanatic like me. Local shops here in town just don't seem to have the depth of shafts and technology to be properly fit. With my sons new found interest in the game, I was going to get him a set of clubs for Christmas. Would be great for both father and son to have a nice new shiny set going into the new year.

• Current USGA handicap - 16
  • State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - learn to control the clubface more effectively. Stop thinking so much about positions and focus on the club and clubface.
  • State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - Ive paid to be fitted for 2 different bag setups and both times I felt either short cuts were taken or the fitter did not have complete knowledge to make recommendations. I would like to experience a complete experience where I am 100% certain that the equipment I am receiving is the best for me. To have this done by a premium manufacturer would be a bucket list experience.

Current USGA Handicap: 17.9

Goals for 2017: My scores this year ranged from 83 to 108. So my biggest goal is to become more consistent. My potential for lower scores has significantly increased over the years, but I am still very capable of losing it and regressing back to very bad scores. So my goal is to break 80 this year and never sniff the triple digits again. Along those lines, I'd like to give my father in law a more competitive match...I don't need to beat him, but would like for him to at least be scared that I might.

Why do I want to attend?: I wasn't introduced to the game until I took a beginning golf class in college, but I am totally obsessed at this stage in my life (30 years old). I am a victim (as are many of my friends) of the thought process that getting fit for clubs doesn't make sense until you are a "good" golfer. I want to attend to show the golfing community and my golfing buddies that getting fit can have a positive effect on your game even if you still don't consider yourself a "good" golfer. I think that's the beauty of this game...there is always room to improve. I love the game and want to play for the rest of my life so anything that will help me enjoy the game more is something I want to attend!

USGA Handicap - 10.6

2017 Golf Goals - I've been as low as a 10.2 this year and I am really chomping at the bit to get into the single digit range. I am reasonably long off the tee, but can get into trouble with accuracy. When I score well, it is because I am hitting fairways and my second shots are at the green instead of trying to get out of trouble.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I've been playing for a long time, but have never had the opportunity to fit for clubs. I always have so much doubt in my gear, not knowing if I am making a difficult game more difficult by bad gear choices. It would be a great relief to have the input of a professional. My set is pretty much a hodgepodge of different manufacturers and age based on what I could afford at the time. While I make it work, there is always the doubt in the back of my head that it could be better. My set is in dire need of proper gapping.

Additionally, I like that Callaway is a golf brand and not just a part of some mega, multi-sport conglomerate. I can appreciate a company that is a devoted, core brand of the sport and would be happy about putting them in my bag.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Current USGA handicap:

State the goals for your golf game in 2017:
Quite simply, become more consistent. I’ve worked hard over the last two years to improve my short game which keeps my scores from blowing up, but I need to be more consistent off the tee and from 100-150 out. I love playing the game and will always strive to be better, which will ultimately achieve my goal of making it more fun.

Most obviously i
t would be a once in a lifetime experience that I could never imagine having the opportunity to have.
Thanks to the influence of my father-in-law (who has a set that is exclusively Callaway); I fell in love with the performance and forgiveness with Callaway equipment. I’ve built a bag that consists of Callaway Driver, Fairway woods and hybrids bought used from Callawaypreowned which have been a huge improvement from what I used previously but by getting fitted for a full set of clubs, it would present with me an amazing opportunity to take my game to the next level.

Index

I’d like to play some tournament golf and get to scratch

I’m a big Phil Mickelson fan. Being able to see first had the whole process and the technology that goes into a fitting at that level would be “Awesome”!

Thanks for the opportunity

1. Current USGA Handicap-----4.0

2. State the goals for your golf game in 2017-----To lower my handicap and become more consistent with my rounds with an eye on playing in tournaments.

3. State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf----This would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to be fit at a world class facility that fit's the best players in the world. It's not very often that a person has a chance to receive a definitive fitting from a club manufacturer.

Thanks for the awesome opportunity and best of luck to all who have applied.

My USGA handicap Index: 6.1

My Goals for 2017: I started playing this GREAT game in my early 20's and wish that I had started earlier in my life. Over time I have been able to get progressively better and just this year I have worked to a single digit handicap. I always thought that I would be happy to be a single digit handicapper, that is able to travel, but I have quickly realized that I definitely want more. My main goal for this year is to work my butt off to become a low single digit handicapper, more specifically a 3-4 handicap. Distance is easy to chase, but I think the best way accomplish my goal is to work on my accuracy with my irons and with my chipping and putting. (If I happen to pick up a little distance with my fitting, that will never be thought of as a negative thing...)

This exclusive Callaway opportunity is a wonderful event for anyone who loves this great game. However, as special as it would be to any golfer, it is an opportunity of a lifetime for anyone who is willing and wants to have every tool available to work hard to improve their game. My first "REAL" club purchase was a Callaway driver and I have always had an appreciation for Callaway products since that time. To be given the opportunity to visit the headquarters in California would allow me to meet the brains behind the operation to confirm Callaway's dominance on and off the golf course. Callaway is a dominate player in the game and I would love the opportunity of a full bag fitting. A fitting would afford me the confidence that all of my clubs are finely tuned for my game and allow me to work toward my goal of being a low single digit handicapper. No matter the level of player, if you are serious about this game, it takes a team to be the best. I am fortunate that I have a very understanding wife who grew up in a home where golf was a part of life. Both my wife and daughters love the game and support my desire to better my game. I think that a Callaway complete fitting would finalize my team and help me accomplish my goal!

Even if I am not selected, I appreciate the opportunity afforded by Callaway to support and GROW this GREAT game!

Current Handicap - Don't have an official but average scores are 85-90.

Goals - That's easy. I am determined to break 80 for the 1st time in 2017 and become more consistent. I am very close to breaking 80, having shot 82 and 83 a few times this season. I would love to have enough confidence in my game to actually play a competitive round, something I have never done, even if it's something like the GC AM Tour.

Why I want to attend - The biggest reason is because a proper fitting will 100% help me achieve my goals. I have never been fitted for clubs, other than having a tech at a demo day 9 years ago tell me he thinks I could benefit from iron 2 degrees up. Prior to last season, I decided I wasn't changing equipment because I really wanted to dial in. Haven't changed clubs since, until last week. As the season went on, I realized I wasn't getting any help from my equipment and in some cases it was flat out hurting my game. I could no longer hit my X Forged irons and it was killing my game. Finding a driver has always been an issue as well. I recently put a new set of irons in the bag, but again was not fit for them, just bought based on my limited knowledge. A chance to have a real professional fitting would really help my game, and make the game more enjoyable again.....because for most of the last 2 years, I haven't enjoyed playing.

XR 16 9.5 Fubuki ZT
XR 16 15* PX 6.0
XHot Pro 3 hy PX 6.0
Callaway 09 X Forged 3i, 5-pw - PX 6.0
Callaway MD3 52*, 56*, 60* KBS Tour
Odyssey Vera B/W/B #7,
Ball -TM TP5X

Current USGA handicap - 28

State the goals for your golf game in 2017 - break 100 and keep it below. Being new to golf I think this would be a fantastic achievement for my first full year playing.

State why you'd want to attend this exclusive opportunity to be fit at Callaway Golf - I've never been fit for golf. I've bought a starter set, added to it and made my way from there. Would love to have clubs that were right for my game!

• Current USGA handicap

Current USGA handicap - 4.9

Goals for golf game in 2017 - find a driver that can go farther than my 3 wood (Callaway 816 Alpha). Get more height and distance on my long irons. Lose weight to increase swing speed and reduce strain on body. Get my handicap into the 3's

Why I want to attend - I'd love to have the opportunity to get fit with clubs that can get me down to a scratch golfer and to speak with industry professionals about maximizing the performance of the clubs paired with my ability.

Current USGA handicap: 5.2

Goals for 2017: Get my handicap down to 3-4 range where it was a few years ago and become more consistent round to round.

Why I want to attend: If posters on Golf WRX are correct, fitting is imperative to getting the most from my game. I've added a handful of Callaway clubs in the past year and very impressed so anxious to try more. And the opportunity to talk with experts about the technical aspects of what makes a successful golf club.

Current USGA handicap: 14

Goals for 2017: I want to be a single digit handicap

Why I would like to attend: Who wouldn't want to attend.... It sounds amazing. I play Callaway apex irons that I bought used and while I love them, I think being properly fit from experts would help me become a better golfer. This sounds like an amazing opportunity. Thank you

Current USGA Handicap – non official 16 (based on all rounds of 2016)

First, this is an AMAZING opportunity. I can only hope my post will live up to the standards to be worthy of being selected.

So, why should I be one of the lucky eight?

Golf is my addiction (yes, true of all WRXer’s I know). For me, however, the true passion started in 2015 when I took my first lesson. Before that lesson, I was an awful golfer, who would occasionally go out and shoot in the triple digits. I am a pretty good athlete and decided that I could become a great stick (although I have been at it, off and on, for 25 years) if I focused on the game and took a few lessons. I am now routinely breaking 90 and am confident that I will achieve my 2017 goal and break 80.

Second, I firmly believe the right equipment makes all the difference. Soon after my lesson, I decided to get fitted for new clubs. I now have the golf bug bite and the golf equipment bug bite! I am always tinkering with my set and see my scores come down as I continuously change the composition of my bag (my most recent change was to add Mac Daddy 3 wedges, which have been a great addition!).

Third, because it’s Callaway. When I worked with my pro for the first time, he suggested I find a ball and stick with it. I bought sleeves of all major (and some start up) balls. Needless to say, Chrome Soft has been my ball since its inception in 2015. I recently changed my wedges. Again, I swung multiple manufactures and, again, chose the Mac Daddy 3’s. I believe in the product and although my bag is not fully Callaway (yet, as I am self-funding my addiction), I am continually impressed with the product and the brand.

Lastly, I would say, PICK ME, PICK ME, PICK ME!!!!!!

Thank you for the time. I am confident that if I had 3 days in Callaway’s Performance Center it would almost solidify my goal of a 79 and ultimately to use Callaway products to routinely shoot par.

In a post below, include:

​Current USGA handicap

I am a real good 21.3. I suffer from a few lost balls a round which kills my scores so I am working on more consistency off the tee. I would like to get to a 10-15 this year.

I want to party Callaway style and play some golf while we are at it. I participated and enjoyed the team callaway collection in its old form and I am looking to update my callaway swag and meet Harry and the team. Lastly, it doesn't get much better than a group of people hitting the newest clubs, playing some golf in December in cali, who wouldn't want to go?

USGA HANDICAP: 1.8

2017 GOALS: Generic version, be more consistent in all aspects of my game. More specific, make the cut at the NYS State AM and Mid AM; win the County AM; win my local Match Play tourney. Overall, be more competitive in all of my tournaments. Oh, also finish top five in the Capital Region Points list.

WHY DO I WANT TO ATTEND: Being chosen to attend this great Callaway giveaway will make attaining my 2017 goals easier. At least it will take the equipment aspect out of the equation. Having properly fitted equipment from one of the best equipment companies will improve my confidence which will have a direct positive impact on my game. I look forward to writing about my early Christmas gift from GolfWRX and Callaway Golf if I'm lucky enough to be chosen. I'd love to be fitted like a tour player by a tour fitter at Callaway's Tour Fitting facility.

Thanks again GolfWRX and Callaway Golf for yet another great opportunity.