2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

FYI,

I stopped in my local store today and asked the manager if they might be getting the Ksig in store in the future and he said not to his knowledge. I mentioned that I just wanted to check before I missed the free shipping online and he said even I waited and purchased them online after the free shipping expired and they end up getting them in stock, I could bring my receipt in and he would refund me the shipping cost! I thought was an awesome gesture. Not sure if that's their normal policy. I went home and ordered 4 racks of Ksigs

Who is Nassau? Maybe I missed it but sounded like it's some company who is making these balls?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Who is Nassau? Maybe I missed it but sounded like it's some company who is making these balls?

Hey J - Nassau is who everyone thinks is making them. Looks very likely.

http://www.nassaugolf.co.uk/golf-balls/nassau-quattro/

Cobra LTDX 9* Ventus Blue 6X
Cobra LTDX LS 16.5* Ventus Black 8X
Cobra Tour 4-PW PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX6 50*/54*/58* PX 6.5
Ping PLD Anser D

Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

There is no question who makes this golf ball. It's on the USGA confirming list as Nassau.

Yes, no question who makes it, the only questions I see left are is it just a repackaged Nassau Quattro or a new golf ball and from whom.

Nassau could be some kind of a sub contractor. They do make balls for other companies like Taylor Made. Total speculation here but it could certainly be a Callaway technology ball made by Nassau. I say this because of the long term relationship between Costco and Callaway.

Someone needs to get hold of a Quattro and KSig and cut them both in half to start.

Hey J - Nassau is who everyone thinks is making them. Looks very likely.

http://www.nassaugol...nassau-quattro/

interesting that in your picture for Nassau golf the box states 4 piece, but if you enter Nassau through their direct link its stated description is a three piece.

Myself and a couple of buddies have played a few of rounds with the Kirkland in Chicago winds that have been fairly gusty to say the least. We all noticed that the ball will hold its line in the wind and the distance was as long or longer off the tee then our usual ball. My usual ball is a prov1x and the others were playing Mojo, Callaway Black, and Chrome soft. I was the only player that really liked the Kirkland off the putter but the other players felt it took a few holes to get a "feel" for the ball. The mojo and CS players picked up substantial yardage on all shots from the fairway but myself and the Callaway Black player saw yardages that were the same as with our usual ball.

The short game was interesting; my bunker shots had more spin then with my prov1x and it was to the level that there was no question about it, My flop shots checked up as well as my usual ball but my 100 yard shots did seem to release a little more then with the prov1x. On chips I felt, as did the CS and Callaway player, that the Kirkland was more predictable. The Kirkland seemed to give a consistent height,spin, and run out compared to our usual ball. That's very much a feel thing so the improved chipping results could be the hardness or softness of Kirkland compared to our usual balls.

There is no question who makes this golf ball. It's on the USGA confirming list as Nassau.

Yes, no question who makes it, the only questions I see left are is it just a repackaged Nassau Quattro or a new golf ball and from whom.

Nassau could be some kind of a sub contractor. They do make balls for other companies like Taylor Made. Total speculation here but it could certainly be a Callaway technology ball made by Nassau. I say this because of the long term relationship between Costco and Callaway.

Someone needs to get hold of a Quattro and KSig and cut them both in half to start.

Why? Costco certainly doesn't care - they've already done their research - they are a master at predictive analytics -and they know that if they put it on their shelves for their members - the members will not only buy the product, they can estimate how long it will take to sell the quantities they produce.

The people that "need" to know are guys who are stalled by bad logic.

What ball is better at $15 a dozen than the Kirkland? That question is almost irrelevant to anyone given the price point AND a money back guarantee.

There's virtually no risk. Buy a pack and hit it on 2 holes. If you hate it - play the rest of your round with your normal ball and return the Costco balls for your money or sell them on GolfWRX - someone will buy them.

And you've "risked" maybe 2 holes of golf?

I know I know..."yeah but I'll be out my shipping costs..." LOL

Man, these balls are really amazing, regardless of the price. I've had about 10 rounds on them now, and one ball has survived the last 4 rounds! It's pretty beat up from a few trees and a couple of cart path bounces. These balls really check up and spin back for me. I missed a hole in one by about 4 inches yesterday on a par 3 that is around 118. I hit it a good 10 feet past the hole, and it zoomed back to about 4 or 5 inches from the hole. Long, durable, great spin, great feel. Couldn't be happier!

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

How does the finish hold up on these balls? I've noticed that the Maxfli U4/U6 balls tend to get dingy looking after 18 holes or so and I'm wondering if these are similar or better?

I went from U4 to these, they hold up way better.

ETA: Only thing I've found that put a beating on one was a chain link fence...

Yes, no question who makes it, the only questions I see left are is it just a repackaged Nassau Quattro or a new golf ball and from whom. Nassau could be some kind of a sub contractor. They do make balls for other companies like Taylor Made. Total speculation here but it could certainly be a Callaway technology ball made by Nassau. I say this because of the long term relationship between Costco and Callaway. Someone needs to get hold of a Quattro and KSig and cut them both in half to start.
Why? Costco certainly doesn't care - they've already done their research - they are a master at predictive analytics -and they know that if they put it on their shelves for their members - the members will not only buy the product, they can estimate how long it will take to sell the quantities they produce. The people that "need" to know are guys who are stalled by bad logic. What ball is better at $15 a dozen than the Kirkland? That question is almost irrelevant to anyone given the price point AND a money back guarantee. There's virtually no risk. Buy a pack and hit it on 2 holes. If you hate it - play the rest of your round with your normal ball and return the Costco balls for your money or sell them on GolfWRX - someone will buy them. And you've "risked" maybe 2 holes of golf? I know I know..."yeah but I'll be out my shipping costs..." LOL

Because people love to figure out who makes Kirkland Signature products. It's almost a game finding out who makes what.

What has been uncovered is that many of the name brand products they carry, Whirlpool for instance, also make the Kirkland Signature branded products. Proctor and Gamble makes Cascade and Kirkland Signature dishwasher soap, Grey Goose makes the vodka and Costco has Grey Goose on the shelf, Jim Beam makes the bourbon and they carry Jim Beam, etc. Hence my thought that Callaway might be behind these balls.

How are they making them this cheap? No advertising costs? Bulk? Cheaper materials even though it's a 4-piece Urethane?

The reviews sound good and and I'm going to buy a few dozen. Is this a limited run or going to be made available for the foreseable future?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

How are they making them this cheap? No advertising costs? Bulk? Cheaper materials even though it's a 4-piece Urethane?

The reviews sound good and and I'm going to buy a few dozen. Is this a limited run or going to be made available for the foreseable future?

No ad costs, no pro player costs, bulk buy, and also Costco can survive on a lower margin because of the upfront membership fee.

No ad costs, no pro player costs, bulk buy, and also Costco can survive on a lower margin because of the upfront membership fee.

Amazing that you can save 300% by doing this! Long-live Costco!

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Yes, no question who makes it, the only questions I see left are is it just a repackaged Nassau Quattro or a new golf ball and from whom. Nassau could be some kind of a sub contractor. They do make balls for other companies like Taylor Made. Total speculation here but it could certainly be a Callaway technology ball made by Nassau. I say this because of the long term relationship between Costco and Callaway. Someone needs to get hold of a Quattro and KSig and cut them both in half to start.
Why? Costco certainly doesn't care - they've already done their research - they are a master at predictive analytics -and they know that if they put it on their shelves for their members - the members will not only buy the product, they can estimate how long it will take to sell the quantities they produce. The people that "need" to know are guys who are stalled by bad logic. What ball is better at $15 a dozen than the Kirkland? That question is almost irrelevant to anyone given the price point AND a money back guarantee. There's virtually no risk. Buy a pack and hit it on 2 holes. If you hate it - play the rest of your round with your normal ball and return the Costco balls for your money or sell them on GolfWRX - someone will buy them. And you've "risked" maybe 2 holes of golf? I know I know..."yeah but I'll be out my shipping costs..." LOL

Because people love to figure out who makes Kirkland Signature products. It's almost a game finding out who makes what.

What has been uncovered is that many of the name brand products they carry, Whirlpool for instance, also make the Kirkland Signature branded products. Proctor and Gamble makes Cascade and Kirkland Signature dishwasher soap, Grey Goose makes the vodka and Costco has Grey Goose on the shelf, Jim Beam makes the bourbon and they carry Jim Beam, etc. Hence my thought that Callaway might be behind these balls.

I think we are saying the same things. I'm saying that Kirkland brand is white-labeled from somebody. But that somebody will change. It might be Callaway or Nassau today, but if they don't bid to the correct price-point in future years, Kirkland will use somebody else (and maybe someone else's recipe). It depends entirely on whether the Costco cognoscenti bless it or not?

The beauty of the Kirkland/Costco business model - is that they are creating all this stuff primarily for it's own membership - and they have superior analytics to predict their buying habits. I posted this before - but Costco "knows" that among their membership who play golf (for example) only 2 out of 10 will refuse to buy the merchandise presented. That's pretty strong stuff....so who cares who actually makes it? :)

I've given up on them in-store. Time to order.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Amazing that you can save 300% by doing this! Long-live Costco!

The majority reason is that Costco and Nassau are both accepting much lower margins than other retailers/manufacturers have in the golf ball category. This is a potentially hugely disruptive move.