studio select heavy??

pblair ·  
pblairpblair Members  46WRX Points: 0Posts: 46
Does anyone have an opinion as to why scotty cameron made his select series so much heavier than the previous models. I just got a 35 in select newport 2 and it comes in at D9. Too heavy for me! Last years model was 330 gram head.
Posted:

Comments

• mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    The trend is toward heavier heads so he upped his headweights 10g. You can custo order even heavier.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nickpoznickpoz Members  946WRX Points: 1Posts: 946 ClubWRX
    This year will be 10 grams heavier. It seems like people have been begging for heavier putters the last few years. But there are many people out there that still prefer the 330 head
    Posted:
  • mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    Yeah, like me!
    Posted:
  • PaulNPaulN Members  164WRX Points: 0Posts: 164
    What are those replacement weight sets going for? I know a lot of people don't like to work on their stuff, they just want to play the game, but there ARE a lot of tinkererers on this site.
    Posted:
  • pblairpblair Members  46WRX Points: 0Posts: 46
    Yeah i can see that i can get 5 gram weights to replace the 10 gram weights and this should bring the putter head down to 330 grams. But i have to ship it to them and the total cost after shipping is $66. It seems kinda silly to have replacable weights but not let the customer replace them.
    Posted:
  • PaulNPaulN Members  164WRX Points: 0Posts: 164
    That seems a little squirrely to me. I know a few people here have either picked up or made the tool to chnage the weights. I think it's silly to ask people to send in their putter to change weights. That should be a user option, and should NOT cost that much.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • pblairpblair Members  46WRX Points: 0Posts: 46
    Yeah, i emailed cameron and he said it was mostly to insure the integrity of the putter. They wont sell you the weights or a tool, so your stuck sending it to them.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.