2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I just played 18 holes today with the K Sig in the wind. I'm a 18 hcp and 70 years old with a swing speed of around 82. I usually play the b330rx.

I noticed right away that the ball felt more firm. It performed as good as the b330rx. Same driving distance, and flight pattern. I can't check the ball on the green but I did notice that it didn't run out as far. Overall in my opinion a great value and my new ball of choice.

Rich

Costco's in Houston area won't be getting them until summer according to my local store. Stating they're seasonal inventory. Not in there system as of today. Hey Costco, if you're creeping the thread, we play golf year round in Texas FYI!

Why not just order them online? They are delivered to your doorstep? That's easier than going to the store.

I will! But, 2.7 miles to store, 3.6 additional miles to my country club. Would be nice to stop in and grab them when needed.

Send them to your country club and have them put the balls in your locker.

You're welcome - I just saved you a step. :)

But if you do this you miss out on the fabulous value of a hot dog or polish dog and a drink for $1.50. Heck, throw in a $1.99 slice of cheese pizza and feast for $3.49.

YES - best meal deal in the USA!

Imagine if he buys 600 boxes of balls - he'd buy at least that many polishes and sodas.

Now I'm hungry...

Costco's in Houston area won't be getting them until summer according to my local store. Stating they're seasonal inventory. Not in there system as of today. Hey Costco, if you're creeping the thread, we play golf year round in Texas FYI!

Why not just order them online? They are delivered to your doorstep? That's easier than going to the store.

I will! But, 2.7 miles to store, 3.6 additional miles to my country club. Would be nice to stop in and grab them when needed.

And THAT, my friends, is why you buy 20 dozen at a time.

Well I meant if he really, truly preferred the B330s to other balls. A lot of urethane balls seem pretty similar (ProV1, ProV1x, TP, TPx, even Chrome Soft to me seems pretty ProV1-like) but I found the B330s to be different. More like an old Callaway Tour iS or Srixon XV, real firm and spinny. I would expect the Z-Sig to be more in the middle-of-the-road range and not extreme like I perceived the B330s to be.

Or maybe that was me. I really like ProV1 (or ProV1x) and do fine with Chrome Soft or some of the other middle-of-the-road balls. And I *hated* the B330s. So my reasoning was if you love the B330s those others might be disappointing. OTOH maybe he just bought B330s because he found a good deal...

Count me among those who don't like the B330 either. Was given a box for Christmas two years ago and can't remember being happier to finish a box of balls and move onto something different.

Maybe it's just me, but since I keep a nice set of Ping Eye 2 irons in a bag with some old Adams Tight Lie woods, and a basic Ping Answer putter, all wrapped up neatly in a good conditioned Ping Hoofer bag, and your old standard Sandy Andy SW...all for the "friends/relatives" who need a nice set of clubs (but are too damn cheap to rent a set at the golf course they are playing without inviting you)....I just put the sleeves of balls that I don't want to play in the bag for them.

New sleeves.....of balls that I don't like....that they think "this guy is the t****, giving me this great set of clubs AND new balls"....

Really nothing can be done to change the low opinion most people have of me, but it's the least that I can do. Get rid of balls that I don't want to people that I really don't want to have in my life, that are cheap, unappreciative, and probably have serious halitosis or bromodrosis.....I get the two so confused.

This forum costs me so much money... :-)

Just placed my order for the 2 doz. pack -- will give these a try. I'm a confirmed "cheap ball" guy, but I do enjoy the found ProV1 or other premium. I'll try these as the weather holds. Once it turns bad -- $6/dozen recycled Noodles from Wally World. I can lose them in the leaves and not worry...

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13) Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17) Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X Odyssey Sabertooth www.YourGolfHeadcovers.com

Right when I was about to pull the trigger on 4-dz K-Sigs the DSG BOGO came along and I went with 4-dozen Gamer Tour for $50. Has anyone done a direct comparison? I figure I can return the Gamer Soft any time and the K-Sig will still be available, but not vice-versa (at least not until the next BOGO comes along).

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

Snagged a box in store at the San Diego store location on Morena Blvd - Gonna give them a nice test run later this week.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

Boy, a Google search turns up nothing about these balls except for the thread here on WRX.

Hope there is a yellow option. Probably not based on previous golf ball offerings from Costco.

You have got to be kidding. This is WRX.

50% of the people on here care what everything looks like. Shafts, iron topline, iron soles, driver shape, colors, bags, shoes, shirts, I could go on and on.

All I'm interested in is to hear how the first guy that dyes them yellow does it!

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

You know, it would be easy to do. I could walk you through it and it would cost you almost nothing. Just depends on how well the cover is made.

Or you could, have them shipped to me, pay the shipping to you, and I will do it for you.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Boy, a Google search turns up nothing about these balls except for the thread here on WRX.

Hope there is a yellow option. Probably not based on previous golf ball offerings from Costco.

You have got to be kidding. This is WRX.

50% of the people on here care what everything looks like. Shafts, iron topline, iron soles, driver shape, colors, bags, shoes, shirts, I could go on and on.

All I'm interested in is to hear how the first guy that dyes them yellow does it!

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

You know, it would be easy to do. I could walk you through it and it would cost you almost nothing. Just depends on how well the cover is made.

Or you could, have them shipped to me, pay the shipping to you, and I will do it for you.

Thanks for the offer. I've followed just about all of the "die" threads and am encouraging someone to try the Ksig ball.

Or, I could just Photoshop it like I did with the Top Flite Gamer II in my avatar. Probably wouldn't hold up on the course, though. :tongue:

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

The Rit pro line neon yellow if done just right will hold up. It does have a hint of green in the color. It will fade over time and be more green.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

My son showed me Costco now is in the golf business offering a 4 layer urathane cover golf balls. What interest's me about this was I watched a documentary about Costco and they run all products they sell with their name on through very extensive testing. At $15 a dozen it might be fun to try them out!

http://www.costco.co....100310467.html

I have played 6 rounds with them on my local course. They seem to play like ProV1. The cover is medium as in if you hit the cart path or a tree it will scratch the cover. They stop dead on the greens but these greens are poana so I dont know how they perform on other types of grass. Distance is very good, getting consistent distance and the feel is like hitting a Bridgestone E6 or a ProV1. Golfball test says that their compression is equivalent to ProV1, 96.8 vs 96 for ProV1. Putting feel is also very similar to ProV1. I liked them so much I bought a 2nd box of 2 dozen should last a year for me. I play one ball for approx 5-6 rounds or until it is all scratched up.

I am 58 years old, play to a 8 hcp and my drives average 290 yards. Can't hit 300 for some reason. Play 3 rounds a week.

I've played one round with this ball. Hit 12 of 14 fairways, 8 GIR's, and averaged 1.7 putts per hole. Shot a 74. That was a good score for me, and I attribute it to the fact that it played extremely similar to my regular ball, which is a ProV1X.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I know it's not the ball, but the K-Sig was part of 2 miracles on the course this weekend.

1. The course we play the most has a massive construction project going on and the first hole is currently a 65 yard Par 3. I just do not have that shot in my bag, and flew the ball about 45 yards

2. It disappeared...

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

I know it's not the ball, but the K-Sig was part of 2 miracles on the course this weekend.

1. The course we play the most has a massive construction project going on and the first hole is currently a 65 yard Par 3. I just do not have that shot in my bag, and flew the ball about 45 yards

Was the 2nd miracle pulling this poster into another dimension just as he was finishing his story?

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

2. It disappeared...

1DDB02A2-0A77-47E0-B502-FA057C6FC9A7.jpg

Played my first round with them today... let's just say I shot my personal best with the kirklands! The feel and spin of them were great for the price but the durability wasn't so great... after about 11 holes I had to pull a new one out... but hell thats what ya get for the price! I deff will be playing these balls for as long as they sell them!

Took them to a practice green today and compared them against Pro V1x

There was little to no discernible difference in feel off the face of the putter, if anything the K Sig felt a smidge softer.

Hit a bevy of wedge shots, short, long, high, low, etc. etc. they reacted the same as any tour level ball would on well executed shots. To be honest I felt they had a bit more grab around the greens than the 1x. Nothing game changing, but enough that you could notice it on certain shots.

I am very curious to see how it performs on full wedge shots, whether it spins too much or not. And of course I am looking forward to seeing how it performs off the tee.

I will get out on Thursday to put the Chrome Soft and Pro V1x in a head to head on course test against the K Sig. Should be interesting.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock