Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Here's my hot take on the Kirkland. I normally game a Pro V1x and that's what I was comparing against on my Skytrak. The feel off the driver in my opinion is better than the ProV, seriously the best feeling ball off the driver I've ever hit. The irons however left a lot to be desired for me. They felt clicky off of long and mid irons compared to the ProV. I don't quite understand why one feels so good but the other not so much. I hit enough shots that strike shouldn't be the culprit. The Kirkland was 2-3 yards longer for me during a 6 iron comparison due to lower spin than a ProV. Launch and peak height were virtually identical. Launch with a driver however was actually about 2 degrees lower with the Kirkland interestingly enough. I won't be putting the Kirkland in the bag during tournament play, but absolutely will use it for those afternoon rounds after work. This thing is a serious threat to the big boys in the market.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

Here's my hot take on the Kirkland. I normally game a Pro V1x and that's what I was comparing against on my Skytrak. The feel off the driver in my opinion is better than the ProV, seriously the best feeling ball off the driver I've ever hit. The irons however left a lot to be desired for me. They felt clicky off of long and mid irons compared to the ProV. I don't quite understand why one feels so good but the other not so much. I hit enough shots that strike shouldn't be the culprit. The Kirkland was 2-3 yards longer for me during a 6 iron comparison due to lower spin than a ProV. Launch and peak height were virtually identical. Launch with a driver however was actually about 2 degrees lower with the Kirkland interestingly enough. I won't be putting the Kirkland in the bag during tournament play, but absolutely will use it for those afternoon rounds after work. This thing is a serious threat to the big boys in the market.

I had the exact opposite experience when I played them on Sunday... felt harder off the driver than pretty much anything but amazing off my irons and wedges. It was chilly and rainy Sunday so that may have had something to do with it. I'm playing again today and then starting Saturday I should be getting a bunch of rounds in when the weather is a bit nicer so I'll see if anything feels different.

I had the exact opposite experience when I played them on Sunday... felt harder off the driver than pretty much anything but amazing off my irons and wedges. It was chilly and rainy Sunday so that may have had something to do with it. I'm playing again today and then starting Saturday I should be getting a bunch of rounds in when the weather is a bit nicer so I'll see if anything feels different.

Very interesting... I'll be playing with them outdoors today for the first time so my opinion could very well change about the irons. We'll see.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Ventus TR Blue 6s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Maltby TS3/TS4 5-PW | Dynamic Gold S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

Ordered mine on Saturday and they arrived today - pretty quick. One nice feature is the sidestamp is aligned with the seam, just like ProV1's.

Except the seam on the KS is 4x as wide as the ProV.

...The feel off the driver in my opinion is better than the ProV, seriously the best feeling ball off the driver I've ever hit. The irons however left a lot to be desired for me. They felt clicky off of long and mid irons compared to the ProV. I don't quite understand why one feels so good but the other not so much....

KS feels firmer off the driver for me too. The further down the bag I go, the more they feel similar.

A little off topic, but how is the Kirkland beer?

Its just awful. I love Costo and I love most Kirkland products (especially the Golf Ball) but the beer is some of the worst stuff I've ever tasted. I love light beer, I keep Natty Light in the fridge at all times and served it my wedding so I am not a beer snob (though I do love a good IPA as well) but the Kirkland Beer is some of the worst stuff I've ever tasted. I wouldn't wish it on a freshmen beer pong party.

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18

Its just awful. I love Costo and I love most Kirkland products (especially the Golf Ball) but the beer is some of the worst stuff I've ever tasted. I love light beer, I keep Natty Light in the fridge at all times and served it my wedding so I am not a beer snob (though I do love a good IPA as well) but the Kirkland Beer is some of the worst stuff I've ever tasted. I wouldn't wish it on a freshmen beer pong party.

What the hell kind of beer did you get there? I found their craft sampler pack to be at least as good as something like sam adams/leinie and their regular kirkland amber beer was a pretty solid light beer alternative.

I saw that stuff and just couldn't bring myself to go down that road...and like you I'm a light beer guy and (generally speaking) NOT picky as long as it's cold.

Back to the balls...I looked for them in my local store and was set to grab a pack last night should they be available...but they weren't. The shelf was pretty thin for Callaway's though, so I'm guessing they should have the Kirkland's pretty soon. I've already got about a dozen dozen different types of balls in reserve though so more balls are the last thing I need. Just can't pass up a good deal though.

Knowing Costco like we do the question is how long will these balls be around in their current state? I suppose they may continue for a while if they remain popular, but Costco often changes suppliers at the drop of a hat.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I just got a new set of Apex CF16 irons, which are higher launching than the original Apex irons they replaced. In playing a few rounds now with the Kirkland ball I have found it to be a higher launching ball. Even though I scored well today (+2 72), into the breeze/wind the combination of these irons and the Kirkland ball did not work very well. Every shot came up short even using one club more like I usually would. Down wind or corss wind was not an issue. I am going back and using the Snell MTB tomorrow to see if there is any difference. Temps and wind conditions are forecast to be about the same.

Except the seam on the KS is 4x as wide as the ProV.

Try lining up the seam on the tee, where your driver will strike it. Who knows, maybe a design "slipped through" where these are hotter on the seam, like the original ProV1's were

That's exactly what I've been doing. I remember when that was the hot topic with the original ProV1's

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Played it tonight on 6 par 3 holes against the chrome soft, snell mtb, b300s and the 2012 b330rxs. For me it played most similar to the snell as far as ball flight and spin. Held greens with ease, but didn't rip off of them like the chrome soft and b330s tend to do when struck just right. A slight bit softer than the snell, but not mushy either. Will be hard pressed to find a better ball for the price.

The UPS dude just showed up as I was leaving to the course with some new 330RXS's. SO I grab out 2 sleeves and I head out.

Disclaimer:I have a new titleist 917 driver so there are TWO variables here my new driver and the new costco balls. I only got 14 in

but I had EIGHT longest drives on that course on driver holes. On 2 par 5s I was hitting a 5 iron on my second shot! The ball played

around the greens like a Prov1 but were longer than the prov1x. For the money the bridgestones are going back to Dicks!!!

GREAT ball. Only bad things are that it doesnt come in yellow and I only ordered 2 dozen.

finally tried em today. i'm a high handcap with 90-95 ss. I prefer Provx over ProV because it feels softer for me off drives, but I still feel ProvX is much harder than Project a which I game.

K-sig feels softer than Provx. After seeing so many testimonial here about similarity with Vx, I didn't find it that much similar. I, too, found K-sig clicky off iron shots, which Vx feels soft. Can't comment on spin much but I feel it spins less than Project a.

One thing I noticed is that I played Nike 20-xi x for a while and liked its softness off driver. After playing K-sig for 6 holes, I tried 20xi and it felt HARD. lol

Overall, I think K-sig will be my goto ball if I don't have project a in my bag. I'm getting rid of everything else.

Made a Costco run last night for the Costco 7 year bourbon and some beer (sadly they don't have kirkland brand beer at my store, still got a 24 craft pack of Goose Island for 22 bucks so I can't complain) and man, my sporting goods section is basically nothing now. Callaway Xhot (which have the asterisk so they are going bye bye) and Callaway Hex Soft (still same price as always, no asterisk so they are still restocking) and some callaway bags. No Kirkland balls or anything else.

So, who's gonna be the first to make a hole-in-one with these balls and proudly forever have a Kirkland Signature golf ball displayed?? Hahahaha.

Shudder.

And I still cringe when I see my Wilson Smartcore ace-souvenir ball on the mantle.

I'd love to cringe at my crappy hole in one ball. I'll let you know when I get one. I'll play friggin flying ladies if it gets me a hole in one.

I hated those Smartcore balls. I'd bought a 24-ball two-pack of them for like 20 bucks at Walmart or some such. Didn't like 'em so after a few rounds I stuck the remainder in the closet.

When it came time to go out of town and meet some guys for a long weekend of golf I figured I'd take those cheap Smartcores and I wouldn't be worried about lost balls on unfamiliar courses.

And well, you know the rest of the story!

Played several rounds, lost most of the remaining Smartcores, couldn't find a fairway or a green with both hands. Last round of the trip mixed in with all those hundreds of awful shots was a nice little choke-down 8-iron [*] on a short Par 3. In the hole.

That's the ball on my mantle. Haven't had another hole-in-one or seen another Wilson Smartcore in the decade-plus since. Could there be a relationship between those two facts? Hmmm.....

[*] As a sign of just how bad I was hitting it, by that point in the trip I was taking a 3/4 swing with an 8-iron on a 107 yard Par 3.