Where to get and how to apply Gun Kote

mac94 ·  
mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
I have a couple Pro Plats I'd like to apply this finish to. Where is the best place to get it and is there any special prep or application tools needed (like an air gun?).
Posted:

Comments

• BigLeftyinAZBigLeftyinAZ Lefty Boomers  2484WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,484
    Any place that sells gun supply's . Just rub it on and let sit for a few mins and wipe the rest off.If not blue enough,just do it again
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • rrkmanrrkman Members  1182WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,182
    There is a new topic on the domestic equip board showing a step by step gun blue application from this morning. I think it is a different brand/style but might help a little.
    Posted:
  • weaver93weaver93 Members  1038WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,038
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/Pro...ail.aspx?p=1150

Here is a link to Brownells How-to on GunKote. It is a heat activated metal finish. It is not a multi application like cold bluing. It will look like the polimer finishes you see on some of the putters that are shown on the forum. I think LaMont uses a formula like this on some of his.
    Posted:
  • mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    YEah, that's it. I've blued putters before but Gun Kote is different.
    Posted:
  • mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    Sheesh, watched the intro video and sounds like you need quite a few extra tools - respirator, old oven (not your kitchen oven), and a few others.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.