Cutting Down a Scotty...Is counterbalance necessary?

tsu9ami ·  
tsu9amitsu9ami Members  105WRX Points: 55Posts: 105 Fairways
I just got an awesome 350g Circle T scotty but need to cut it down an inch. Maybe a half an inch. Will the balance of the putter be effected by doing this? Is counterbalancing necessary? Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!!
Posted:

Comments

• Lefty-22Lefty-22 Unregistered  52WRX Points: 0Posts: 52
    tsu9ami wrote on Jan 26 2009, 12:43 PM:
    I just got an awesome 350g Circle T scotty but need to cut it down an inch. Maybe a half an inch. Will the balance of the putter be effected by doing this? Is counterbalancing necessary? Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!!

If you make it shorter it will change the swing weight and make it "feel" lighter. 350g is pretty heavy so you'd probably be OK at 34"/350g but at 33" it might start to need more head weight to feel anywhere close to the same as it did before it was cut.

Just saw you said maybe a half inch, for a half inch it'd probably be something you could notice if you really tried but it's not going to be much...
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tsu9amitsu9ami Members  105WRX Points: 55Posts: 105 Fairways
    how about 33.5"? would the putter be all off?
    Posted:
  • drewspindrewspin Charter Members  2996WRX Points: 1Posts: 2,996 Titanium Tees
    If you counterbalance it will increase the overall weight, but reduce the swingweight further.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.