Ping Redwood Anser

yankees06 ·  
yankees06yankees06 Members  1172WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,172 Platinum Tees
Custom order
Can i order a Redwood Ping Anser at 350 grams with a sound slot? What would it cost me? Or where can i find one?
Posted:

Comments

• GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27117WRX Points: 461Posts: 27,117 Marshals
    Send a PM to MortonGolf
    Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    Yeah they should be able to tell you, and if so, get it taken care of for you thru Ping WRX.
    Posted:
  • yankees06yankees06 Members  1172WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,172 Platinum Tees
    what should it cost?
    Posted:
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    This was current last year:

Ping Wrx Pricing

1 Tungsten Inserts (to adjust weight to 340g, 345g, 350g etc. $142 - varies

2 Soundslot - Called "Floating Face" $42.00

3 Starshot finish $30.00

4 Guyson Finish $0.00

5 Sightdot $21.00

6 UST FF shaft $51.00

7 Milled face $35.00

8 Milled face w/ face weight plugs $35.00

9 Karsten smooth putter grip $0.00

10 JAS Headcover $14.00

11 Etching $5.00

12 Custom paintfill on bumper and back of topline $7.00

13 Alignment dot on top line instead of line on flange $21.00

14 paintfill change $7.00
    Posted:
  • soflasofla Members  1694WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,694 Platinum Tees
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a sound slot?
    Posted:
    Titleist T3
    Titleist TS2 16.5
    Srixon H85 19 & 22
    Titleist T200 5-GW
    Titleist SM6 54 & 58
    Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2
  • forgedforeverforgedforever Members  1752WRX Points: 124Posts: 1,752 Platinum Tees
    sofla wrote on Jan 18 2009, 09:42 AM:
    Forgive my ignorance, but what is a sound slot?

I'm sure I'll be corrected within two minutes if this is wrong image/biggrin.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> , but I believe it's the very thin slot found on the bottom of some Ping putters.
    Posted:

Advertisement
    I sent a PM to Morton.
    Posted:
  • Shoop31Shoop31 Members  390WRX Points: 0Posts: 390
    Add the starshot finish. Looks a lot better imo than the plated nickel.
    Posted:
    Where are all the guys that ordered custom redwoods at 350 grams? Let me know how they are?
    Posted:
  • Brando5105Brando5105 Putter Hoe Members  2216WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,216
    Well mine is at 360...Maybe a little more with the love that LaMont is doing to it. I love it....You really cannot go wrong with a custom redwood

Before Lamont
    Posted:
    Cobra Bio Cell + 661 speeder
    Big Bertha 3w Fuji 8.3TS X
    Apex Pro 2-PW C-Tapper X
    Satori wedges
    Machine M20
    WITB Link
    Well i know more than one person did this. I am seriously looking to find an anser 350 grams with a sound slot. Lots of snow here so i guess i am not in a big hurry though.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • 502 to Right502 to Right Badds Members  8110WRX Points: 2Handicap: 8.3Posts: 8,110 Titanium Tees
    Use the search feature. I have seen several posted here in the last year.
    Posted:
  • Viking Golfer Viking Golfer Viking Golfer hitting IRON! ClubWRX  4141WRX Points: 1Posts: 4,141 Bunkers
    I have some Q's regarding the PingWRX options:

1. What is the difference between a Starshot finish and a Black Redwood finish ?

2. Milled face as an option - isn't the Redwood putter face milled already ?

3. What does Etching mean ?

Thanks image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
  • GeoGeo Happy Geo's Day in the momentMarshals  7105WRX Points: 62Posts: 7,105 Marshals
    ClubHoUno wrote on Jan 25 2009, 01:21 AM:

1. What is the difference between a Starshot finish and a Black Redwood finish ?

To the best of my knowledge:

1) The black finish that is employed on the Redwood is just that, a relatively durable black oxide style finish--similar to the one used way back when (mid 80's). But it will wear off. The Starshot finish is a media blast that I believe has two steps to it and leaves the putter darker by virtue of the media used. It's a little bit finer than the Guyson finish. Big difference is, one is black, the other is gray.

2) If you're getting tungsten weighing in the face, they will mill the face flat to make sure that everything is flush and flat. The standard is pretty good, you can see the milling and the face is very flat. The milling option is a much slower pass and leaves the face much smoother to the touch.

3) Ping uses a chemical etching process for personalization. Not sure what all is involved, but it's a little different than engraving, and much different than stamping.

Lots of examples on all of these. The only one that's really difficult to see online is #2.
    Posted:
    :hi:
  • Viking Golfer Viking Golfer Viking Golfer hitting IRON! ClubWRX  4141WRX Points: 1Posts: 4,141 Bunkers
    beruo wrote on Jan 25 2009, 10:46 AM:
    ClubHoUno wrote on Jan 25 2009, 01:21 AM:

To the best of my knowledge:

1) The black finish that is employed on the Redwood is just that, a relatively durable black oxide style finish--similar to the one used way back when (mid 80's). But it will wear off. The Starshot finish is a media blast that I believe has two steps to it and leaves the putter darker by virtue of the media used. It's a little bit finer than the Guyson finish. Big difference is, one is black, the other is gray.

2) If you're getting tungsten weighing in the face, they will mill the face flat to make sure that everything is flush and flat. The standard is pretty good, you can see the milling and the face is very flat. The milling option is a much slower pass and leaves the face much smoother to the touch.

3) Ping uses a chemical etching process for personalization. Not sure what all is involved, but it's a little different than engraving, and much different than stamping.

Lots of examples on all of these. The only one that's really difficult to see online is #2.

Thank for the information, Beruo image/einstein.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':beruo:' /> ...... image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I could see a PingWRX Redwood in my bag in the upcoming summer season to go a long with my Scotty Squareback......
    Posted:
  • AsleepAsleep Marshals  9056WRX Points: 4Posts: 9,056 Marshals
    Here's another example ordered through Morton Golf Sales:

PingRedwood001.jpg

PingRedwood006.jpg

PingRedwood007.jpg

PingRedwood009.jpgEDIT: not for sale
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font]

Advertisement
    Ok i have decided to go forward with a redwood anser 350 grams and a sound slot. Much cheaper route than another tour cameron, with a third kid on the way only way to go.
    Posted:
    will ping let you send in a putter and have then add weight and cut a sound slot?
    Posted:
  • kinneywhatkinneywhat Members  723WRX Points: 55Posts: 723 Golden Tee
    yankees06 wrote on Jan 26 2009, 01:07 PM:
    will ping let you send in a putter and have then add weight and cut a sound slot?

As long as it's a Ping putter, I'm pretty sure you can.
    Posted:
  • eRod v1.0eRod v1.0 "In Rod We Trust" Members  1157WRX Points: 139Posts: 1,157 Platinum Tees
    I found the email from Morton. Basically it says that if you have a Black Nickel Redwood, Ping will not change the finish nor add any tungsten weights due to messing up the finish on the putter. If you have a Black Satin, Guyson, or Starshot then you are okay.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° - PX HZRDUS Yellow 75
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° - PX HZRDUS Smoke 70 -or-
    Ping G410 2H (15.5°) - PX EvenFlow Black 85
    Ping G410 3H (20°) - PX EvenFlow Black 85
    Callaway Apex CF19 5-AW - TT Elevate Tour
    Custom Callaway MD4 54° - KBS HI REV 2.0
    Custom Callaway PM Grind 19 58° - KBS HI REV 2.0
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.