2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Andrew's WITB + Pictures (picture heavy)

Hi everyone

Long time lurker and one of my favorite sections to look at is the WITB, seeing what all the folks here use on the course. So thought I'd post my own. I'm a professional photographer when I'm not on the course or in class so hopefully my photos will be pretty good to look at too, even if my golf sometimes isn't. :-D

First off, the bag itself. Nothing too special, but I did design our team bags. They're easy to carry. I'll grab a cell phone pic of the set in the bag later, but the most important things to know is that Bubba goes on the driver and Yoda goes on the 3w. :)

Now to the fun stuff :) Something fairly new for me, a lot of my bag is PING or moving in that direction. I had the fortune to go to AZ for vacation, and visit and get custom fit at PING HQ. I have to say so far, I have nothing bad I can say about PING. The service has been absolutely top notch and I have really enjoyed the clubs so far. A good friend was recently diagnosed with cancer, and as a result lots of my bag this season has taken a -- shall we say -- trend in pink. PING was awesome working with me in getting lots of that done, so I just want to say that I am very thankful.

Up first... (and all anyone really cares about right?)

PING G Driver, 9* Loft -- Local clubfitter fit me into a Grafalloy BiMatrix Tour Prototype shaft (and all golf works had was pink! So figured I might as well go the rest of the way with the whole dang club. :D )

3w (not pictured, in [hopefully] transition after the wallet agrees) -- TaylorMade R15 TP 3w. Hoping to move to a PING G FW

18 * Hybrid (not pictured) -- Srixon U45 "driving iron" -- Will probably replace this with maybe a 5 or even 7w. Don't have quite the clubhead speed to make this work effectively as I'd like.

64*, 58* -- Callaway MD3 PM-Grind. Golf Pride MCC PLUS4 Grip (Gray)

4i - PW PING iBlade -- Nippon Modus3 105 -- Blue Dot Lie Angle (but technically pink dot... :) ), STD Loft. Golf Pride NDMC Grip

AW - Nike Vapor Pro Combo (My Vapor PC set now a collector's item :'( )

Putter -- PLOP RSVP 2 Nickel PVD finish; Center Shafted Hosel, "Circle P" TOUR issue T003 of 5. Golf Pride "Tour Tradition" Grip. (little bit of a story behind this particular club. It's extremely special to me. My grandfather, an accomplished lifelong local golfer, owned an original PLOP.) For what it's worth, I have a Scotty Cameron Squareback and I like the PLOP better. I own 3 PLOP putters, but this is by far the most special and meaningful one to me. As my grandfather continues to suffer from some health and memory issues, I really enjoy thinking of him when I (occasionally) use the Tour Issue PLOP.

Ball: Currently a Callaway Chrome Soft, but also can be a Srixon Z-Star.

Think that's about everything. My bag changes throughout as I get money (lol) and find new toys. Hoping to take a look at the new Cleveland RTX 3 wedges. The team gets them for a nice price. If not I think I'll go with PING Glide.

Always willing and enjoying answering questions!

Have a fellow photographer friend hopefully grabbing some golf related photos of me at my home course, soon, so I'll be able to show that I actually use my golf clubs too. :-)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird wedge gapping

46,50,58,64 but to each is own.

LOVE THE DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

Thanks for the kind comments, everybody. :-)

As for the gapping, I definitely agree it's a little strange. If it makes it slightly less weird the AW from Nike is actually 51* so it goes 46 51 58 64. I do need to address this though -- the pings not coming with any sort of gap wedge (obviously) makes the transition a little weird until I get the wallet OK with shelling out a little cash. Used to carry a 58 as my highest, but then played around with a few different things and found that I can use the 64 really well on a lot of the downhill slopes around greens. I almost never take a full swing with it, though. I do love the PM grind however.

Thanks for the kind comments, everybody. :-)

As for the gapping, I definitely agree it's a little strange. If it makes it slightly less weird the AW from Nike is actually 51* so it goes 46 51 58 64. I do need to address this though -- the pings not coming with any sort of gap wedge (obviously) makes the transition a little weird until I get the wallet OK with shelling out a little cash. Used to carry a 58 as my highest, but then played around with a few different things and found that I can use the 64 really well on a lot of the downhill slopes around greens. I almost never take a full swing with it, though. I do love the PM grind however.

You have the same wedge setup as me. I go 46-52-58-64. I am concerned with the ability to hit the shots around the green more than gapping. I never hit a wedge full tilt anyway unless I'm trying to back it up 20'. And there are shots you can hit with a 64 you just can't with anything else.

I agree, Jwin -- undoubtedly you are more skilled than I am, but I find myself never putting everything I have into a wedge. I don't think I could physically have any success swinging that hard at a wedge, and I don't know if I could mentally look down at a wedge and swing that hard either.

I love the 64*. I'm the only member of my team who plays a wedge at more than 60*, most guys are 58 max. I get made fun of a lot for it, until I pull off something odd on a hole and save par. :-)

Odd wedge gappers, unite!

Great first post!! Bag looks awesome!! I would be gaming that PLOP putter exclusively after that story!! Way COOL!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

PLOP is such a great name for a putter company, very nice bag design too - well done!

Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Tour AD GP 7X
Taylormade M3 15* - Kai'li 80X
GAPR Lo 2 iron - Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Taylormade P760, 4 - PW - Project XLZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 50F, 55M, 60D - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport Beach 1.5 

[b][u][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/965589-chriswrightstuff-first-ever-witb/page__p__8603789#entry8603789"][color=#000000]WITB Link[/color][/url][/u][/b][/font]

Instagram - Cwrightstuff

Great first post!! Bag looks awesome!! I would be gaming that PLOP putter exclusively after that story!! Way COOL!!

Thank you! I sincerely appreciate it. It's one of those clubs I love so much but mentally it's so hard to ever hit a ball with it because it belongs in a shadowbox! :-) As the story goes, Jim Furyk has one of the putters just like this (T00-something of 5, where mine is T003). In fact, the COA for this putter specifically says it was the backup putter to Masters and Open champion Sandy Lyle, so pretty amazing. I really love the club a lot! Thank you again

PLOP is such a great name for a putter company, very nice bag design too - well done!

Thank you! :) I agree, PLOP is a sweet name. Believe it actually stands for "Physical Laws of Putting," so that's pretty neat. Appreciate the bag compliment. I spent 6 months in art school, so might as well do something with it. :cheesy:

Gorgeous setup you have. Those iblades are insane!

Appreciate it. The iBlades have quickly become my favorite irons I've ever tried. It's odd -- I was worried about how they would feel moving from forged, and they certainly don't feel like even my Nike forged, but it's not a bad thing. They feel very solid in a good way. Plenty of feedback. I've not played PING seriously before, so I'm told from those who have that PING has a unique feel. I like them, and the paint is cool, too!

Do you play for UNC currently or in the past?

Currently. As I say and as the bag indicates, I'm just on the club team. :D Nobody pays me anything for golf, tuition or otherwise. :not_i: But it's a good way to meet some folks, get some discounts on equipment, and not have to play quite as competitively.

Great looking set up.

Thank you! Appreciate it

Really cool Ping G Pink, really want one but not sure I want to spend the money for something that may not replace my gamer.

WITB:

Titleist TSR3 10 Degree Driver Tour AD DI 6X  44 3/4" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR3 16.5 Degree 4 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 43" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR2 21 Degree 7 Wood Tour AD DI 7X 42" C-4 Setting, Titleist TSR1 24 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 39" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 27 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38 1/2" B-1 Setting, Titleist TSR1 30 Degree Hybrid Atmos Blue 8S 38" B-1 Setting, Titleist T200 7-PW, AW Irons True Temper AMT White S300 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Vokey SM8 Brushed Steel 53-07, 57-07 Dynamic Gold S400 Standard Length 2 Degrees Flat, Yes! Two Mallet by Jerry Korte Putter 33" Winn Pro X 1.60 Putter Grip, Pro V1X #44, Titleist Player 4 Stand Bag, Lamkin Crossline Midsize Grips

great pics

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

Thanks, appreciate it Iadahl!

Definitely get what you mean, Leftygolfer. :-) It can be tough. I understand for sure. I got to use the driver in action today, and it's definitely an adjustment to my last setup; however, it looks just so awesome that it's hard to pass up, and the shaft definitely did its thing in lowering my ball flight! Had some major time heel hits on it, just horrible shots, but that was because I hit way more golf balls than normal today, as it was a day off school so I had to make it worthwhile! It's the same mistake I always make when I'm tired, though. It's a definite heavier set up than I'm used to.

What was not a bad shot at all, though, was this awesome in-action picture a fellow photographer friend was able to get of me today! :-)

Well... the bag becomes a little more PING by the day. :D

Purchased a PING G 3w head from a fellow WRX'er, so super excited to receive that. My clubfitter, in an attempt to provide me some alternate options for shafts to save on cost has pointed me towards some premium lines that are a few years old. So I have picked up a Fujikura Motore Speeder VC for the 3w, as he suggested, and am VERY excited to get that in. Looks to be shaping up to one sweet club.

The pink driver was put into play for real the other day, during a silly fun round with buddies, so here's my one Bubba Watson moment of the week with it -- par 5, water on one side and trees on the other. Thought, "what the hey," so I lined up ridiculously open, and tried to put as much of a slice swing on it as I possibly could. Result was probably a 45 yard "cut" (if you can call it that anymore at that point) that hit the fairway and continued bouncing sideways along the curve of the dogleg. Probably one of the coolest shots I've ever made, and will have to try it again if I feel brave enough to. Not sure if I could ever pull that off in a tournament though. :D Friends gave me a bad time about it, as friends should. "Probably could have just cut the tree line carry if you were willing to, you know, hit it straight." -- but where's the fun in that.

So, am quite excited to get my hands on that 3w!

• 1 month later...

Small update -- the Speeder was installed with the Ping G FW head and I think that to date it's probably my favorite fairway club that I've ever had.

I also have two PING glide wedges on the way to replace the Nike AW (which I no longer have) and the Callaway 58 PM grind, as needed. The 64 PM grind stays.

We are a bit lucky right now in that we are getting a couple extra weeks of golfing. Here in CO there's usually snow by now. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks BrandonDunes! The pink has definitely grown on me. :D

Bag updates (no pictures, yet):

Replaced the 58 MD3 with a PING Glide TS (Glide 1), and I also got a 52 SS for the GW. The glides have entered (and are staying!) the bag. I'll get photos up soon, but yes, of course they got pink paint-filled too. :) They don't look as good as the iBlades though, because the pink is more salmon-ish, but love how they are holding up and having a little bit different spin (pun intended) on my wedges.

As far as the putter goes, I've put the PLOP up for a little while to keep it safe in the not-wonderful conditions lately. A little while back, I got a Directed Force putter. I hate how it looks, and wish I could've done red, but I sure love how I'm able to putt with it lately, too!

And the PING G 3w is here to stay as well. That is definitely my "club of the year" this season. That one is not going away for a long time. Don't think I have enough gear to play around with to set my bag for 2017 -- still looking for the U45 replacement.

Goals for 2017:

Make my transition as good as Monte tells me the backswing is!

Optimize swing speed, and in doing so hopefully gain a little more by optimizing mechanics.

Tighten up short game.

Do more putting.

Excited to see where 2017 takes me golf wise. Yesterday, I was able to end the 2016 season (playing in CO on Dec 31st!) and shot a solid 85, so looking forward to the next steps.

Thanks for following my bag and progress, everyone!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Wanted to revisit my WITB thread!

Lots of changes! Not as great of photos this time, I'm afraid. Still using a PLOP putter, but a different one than before. I like it a lot.

Older but not updated now are my Cleveland RTX 4 wedges. Still playing a 52 and 58 degree, and still carrying the same PM grind 64 degree wedge, which I hope to purchase a new version of soon.

New are the Cobra King MB/CB flow set, but a little off of standard flow. I have PW-6i in MB and my 4 & 5 irons in the CB. They have the UST Mamiya Recoil 110 Graphite shafts in them -- decided to move away from steel because of some ongoing elbow and hand pain, so hopefully it helps.

I've got the F9 driver in the yellow colorway, with a Mitsubishi Tensei Blue CK 70 shaft.

Got to play a quick 9 holes with them today, and I'm in love. Great clubs. ![]

(https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/a1/mcm1lirsw6g5.jpg "")

04bkult09b0h.jpg

m99kmbzvknil.jpg

zkk8aheb1h9b.jpg

4wusabfx48wv.jpg